20240423_100836 (resized).jpg
20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,075 posts in this topic. You are on page 336 of 942.
#16751 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

I like doing paint by numbers pictures.

String art, big-eyed children and black velvet Jesus. Lol.

#16752 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The official toppers are embarrassingly bad. They need to hire Back Alley Matt to do these.

You're confusing Stern's goals with creative goals. Stern's goal is to make the most money by making toppers with as little BoM and as high a price as the market will bear. That's why their new model is just to use printed vertical plexi and some cheap leds. If you're lucky you get 3 layers of plexi for $750-$1000. The days of $499 GoT, Black Knight, and $700 R2D2 are gone.

#16753 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It’s not Mandalorian, it’s code for BTTF. My reasoning is that Mandalorian was a released weekly and it’s only existed for a year and a half. It takes about a year to bring a pin design to completion and unless Stern was able to have early access to the entire season, the pin may not make sense or feel incomplete. Another thing...Stern has a partnership with NECA who released their TMNT line about the same times as Stern TMNT as well as the walmart exclusive box that had ZY’s art, Stern, Neca and Nickelodeon logos all over it. And what do we have here...Neca Back to the Future figures with full likeness to the main characters. Man...DeLorean.
[quoted image]

You don't think Stern could rush out a low effort Mando? I do.

#16754 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Stick a few molded toys on the LZ playfield and replace icarus with baby yoda and it's done.

#16755 3 years ago

Hahah I’m sure they could!

Quoted from seenev:

#16756 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You're confusing Stern's goals with creative goals. Stern's goal is to make the most money by making toppers with as little BoM and as high a price as the market will bear. That's why their new model is just to use printed vertical plexi and some cheap leds. If you're lucky you get 3 layers of plexi for $750-$1000. The days of $499 GoT, Black Knight, and $700 R2D2 are gone.

In 10 years we’ll just put an NFT QR code on the apron that represents the topper.

#16757 3 years ago

It’s not BTTF according to mnpinball and he is dead on 100% of the time.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16758 3 years ago

I feel that Stern’s gotta realize Back To The Future is such a major must have title for lots of collectors & fan base clamoring for it...

Part of me wants Back to the Future now now now!!...but part of me hopes that perhaps they will delay the game & try to really squeeze every bit of toys, programming / rules , assets, shots, music, call-outs, artwork, light show etc to make as many people happy with this IMO major corner stone release. All I know is it’s coming sooner or later we all know this. I just really hope they don’t waste the license.

#16759 3 years ago

If they're going to do BTTF, they're going to want to get Christopher Lloyd for callouts. He's very accessible for voice over stuff but he's in his 80s. They can't wait too long.

#16760 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

If they're going to do BTTF, they're going to want to get Christopher Lloyd for callouts. He's very accessible for voice over stuff but he's in his 80s. They can't wait too long.

I think they could pull it off with movie quotes just like in Ghostbusters - that pin is super immersive without Murray or Aykroyd doing custom callouts.

#16761 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I think they could pull it off with movie quotes just like in Ghostbusters - that pin is super immersive without Murray or Aykroyd doing custom callouts.

Ghostbusters has custom callouts from Ernie Hudson, he did a great job.

#16762 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Ghostbusters has custom callouts from Ernie Hudson, he did a great job.

Absolutely - with respect he isn't as huge a part of the film as Lloyd is of BTTF imo. My point, really, was that there are other characters who could do custom voice work while still having Doc represented.

#16763 3 years ago

Stern hinted at the Mandalorian in 2019 - have they been working on it since late 2019? That was when stranger things was released

70E9A904-C46C-4790-B0E0-181226F4C610 (resized).jpeg70E9A904-C46C-4790-B0E0-181226F4C610 (resized).jpeg

#16764 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Can’t wait for Mandalorian! Woohoo! Will love it even more when all the haters want one and it’s sold out!

Exactly...

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Another reason I think it's NOT Mandalorean.
Premiered Nov 2019.
That is around 17 months ago.
Stern games typically take around 18 months from design to production.
Did Stern really start this game before anyone even saw an episode???
Kaneda and others are being fed plenty of red herrings!

Im sure those keen for their bttf themed pin will be happy soon enough but it is Mandolorian. I don't listen to kaneda so it makes no difference to me what he's fed. Excellent move by Stern btw. Just going on precedent not speculation with their releases paired with seasonal shows, they typically bring a game out 2 or 3 seasons in so the time line makes perfect sense.

#16765 3 years ago

I’m just hoping there will be an AT-ST (All Terrain Scout Transport) or an HAVw A6 Juggernaut on the playfield without a spring.
pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg

#16766 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The official toppers are embarrassingly bad. They need to hire Back Alley Matt to do these.

NECA should make the topper, at least they know how to make some cool detailed stuff, not a flat plastic panel with a couple lights.

#16767 3 years ago

Just leaked, the toy package for BTTF, this was hand picked by Gary.

BTTF-Frozen-DeLorean_1263478312 (resized).jpgBTTF-Frozen-DeLorean_1263478312 (resized).jpg
#16768 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Yup, $1,000 each for these... Absolutely insane. Both look like items sold at pop up Halloween decoration and costume stores. What a joke.

fdfdfdf (resized).JPGfdfdfdf (resized).JPG
fdfd (resized).JPGfdfd (resized).JPG

Meanwhile Gary at home seeing people defend Stern's game and topper pricing.

2539433-2642583531-24674.gif2539433-2642583531-24674.gif

#16769 3 years ago

62D12D6A-2C52-4E65-A85E-78082FA40C95 (resized).jpeg62D12D6A-2C52-4E65-A85E-78082FA40C95 (resized).jpeg

Got it Doc, Mando-lorean...but still hope it’s not first, lol.

#16770 3 years ago

Anyone heard anything solid about a price increase for the next release? Usually prices just increase once per year don't they?

#16771 3 years ago

My new pin suggestions would have to include these two somewhere v.close to the top of the list as mega cult, staying-power pleasers..

1) Puppet Master

2) Killer Klowns from Outer Space (imagine the circus tent options here omgl

And while we are in Chiodo territory... Critters? Haha lol Rawhead Rex lol ... and as a friend suggested to me..based in particular on the recent movie Willy's Wonderland (which is a *must see* for pinball fans omg the mojo moves Cage pulls out are priceless).. CAGE

#16772 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

This is what I’m talking about.
Timing is everything.
Hate to say Chris & MJF won’t be around forever.
If they ain’t doing the callouts A BTTF pin is DOA.
Yet the Marketing geniuses at Stern insist on a green thingy and rocket man..... plenty time for that later down the line. Not what their fans are asking for right now.
Lol......

#16773 3 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

I’m just hoping there will be an AT-ST (All Terrain Scout Transport) or an HAVw A6 Juggernaut on the playfield without a spring.
[quoted image][quoted image]

AT-AT on a Krang mech

#16774 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Anyone heard anything solid about a price increase for the next release? Usually prices just increase once per year don't they?

With the huge price increase on materials. I would guess $150 to $200 increase on next game. I’m paying more for a 2 foot by 4 foot piece of ply then I was for a 4 x 8 foot ply last year. It’s crazy right now.

#16775 3 years ago
Quoted from KlownHammer:

Killer Klowns from Outer Space (imagine the circus tent options here

Yes please! I’ve wanted this one for years... However I think this title would be better for Charlie / Spooky Pinball.

#16776 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

You’re assuming they’d even do it. You’re assuming Stern could even license the footage/audio/music of the movie. Look at the Zen Pinball BTTF. Only thing on it is the car. Voices are all fakes. Music is fake. Original BTTF pin couldn’t get MJF’s license. If a BTTF pin ever does happen, you’ll likely be very disappointed.

Enjoy Mando!

#16777 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You’re assuming they’d even do it. You’re assuming Stern could even license the footage/audio/music of the movie. Look at the Zen Pinball BTTF. Only thing on it is the car. Voices are all fakes. Music is fake. Original BTTF pin couldn’t get MJF’s license. If a BTTF pin ever does happen, you’ll likely be very disappointed.
Enjoy Mando!

I wouldn't say that. Zen Pinball has done various Star Wars games based on the original trilogy and none have full assets unlike an actual real Star Wars pin done by Stern. Zen probably can't afford to get full assets when selling a digital table for $5 or whatever.

#16778 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Enjoy Mando!

There's so much licensed BTTF crap I can't imagine it would be hard to get the license. Christopher Lloyd does lots of BTTF events. He even voiced doc brown for the telltale game.

#16779 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Enjoy Mando!

Yes, you could be right, thought did cross my mind. I reckon if they could have, they would have done it by now.
Instead, it’s likely they have a nice deal signed with Disney.
I live in hope they get something sorted.

#16780 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

This is what I’m talking about.
Timing is everything.
If they ain’t doing the callouts A BTTF pin is DOA.
Yet the Marketing geniuses at Stern insist on a green thingy and rocket man..... plenty time for that later down the line. Not what their fans are asking for right now.
Lol......

LOL if you think Chris and MJF wold be doing the voices of BTTF you've been spending too much time sucking the gin bottle.

#16781 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

LOL if you think Chris and MJF wold be doing the voices of BTTF you've been spending too much time sucking the gin bottle.

Why would this be so hard to fathom?
If they can get A-list groups such as Met + GnR to do call outs then why not?

#16782 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Why would this be so hard to fathom?
If they can get A-list groups such as Met + GnR to do call outs then why not?

They’re old. They don’t sound like their characters anymore. They also don’t need the work.

Ideal situation: All voices/clips/music from the movie, hire Biff for custom voices...he can taunt the player as Young Biff, Old Biff, Griff, and Mad Dog. Maybe toss in Goldie Wilson as well...he’s around! “Pinbaaaalll....I like the sound of that!”

#16783 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Original BTTF pin couldn’t get MJF’s license. If a BTTF pin ever does happen, you’ll likely be very disappointed.

How is something that happened 30 years ago relevant today? Besides, the next BTTF is a Kapow title. He doesn’t fuck around with licenses.

#16784 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I wouldn't say that. Zen Pinball has done various Star Wars games based on the original trilogy and none have full assets unlike an actual real Star Wars pin done by Stern. Zen probably can't afford to get full assets when selling a digital table for $5 or whatever.

Because Zen's market for those $5 tables is hundreds of thousands or millions of customers, not a few thousand at best like Stern. Also, their development costs are about 50% lower than the US, being Hungarian. So their $5 tables could be grossing much more than Stern does making a pinball machine.

#16785 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They’re old. They don’t sound like their characters anymore. They also don’t need the work.
Ideal situation: All voices/clips/music from the movie, hire Biff for custom voices...he can taunt the player as Young Biff, Old Biff, Griff, and Mad Dog. Maybe toss in Goldie Wilson as well...he’s around! “Pinbaaaalll....I like the sound of that!”

Adam West and Burt Ward were no spring chickens for BM66 but yeah, I think the above would work out fine.

#16786 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Adam West and Burt Ward were no spring chickens for BM66 but yeah, I think the above would work out fine.

Adam West sounded very old in the BM66 callouts. It was nice to have him in it, but a good impersonator would have done better matching the video used.

#16787 3 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

How is something that happened 30 years ago relevant today? Besides, the next BTTF is a Kapow title. He doesn’t fuck around with licenses.

LOL he’s the same guy who worked for DE 30 years ago.

Look, I want a perfect BTTF as much as anyone - I’m just keeping my expectations in check based on the history.

#16788 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Adam West sounded very old in the BM66 callouts. It was nice to have him in it, but a good impersonator would have done better matching the video used.

Having grown up watching it though, wouldn’t be the same to me if it was an imposter.
I have the signed Adam West Card on my BM66.
Just knowing he does the call outs makes it more special to me

#16789 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Having grown up watching it though, wouldn’t be the same to me if it was an imposter.
I have the signed Adam West Card on my BM66.
Just knowing he does the call outs makes it more special to me

Oh, I agree - I mean he did my name as a callout in the game as one of the SLE owners, and that was the ONLY part of buying an SLE where I didn't feel ripped off. I'm just saying that he sounded REALLY old. Maybe reframe the game so current old batman was narrating the story of what happened and the game plays out as he remembers it. There are ways to do it that wouldn't have been much more work and would have made more sense given the state of his voice.

#16790 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Ive seen Christopher Llyod, Michael J Fox, (Biff and Martys Mom) all speak at Cons. I think Christopher Llyod would absolutely do this now. He seems like a nice guy who genuinely enjoys his BTTF fame.......now (not always). He doesnt take on any substantial roles anymore as he considers himself semi retired. Pay the man fairly and he would likely be honored to do a pin.

#16791 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This.
Seems like possibly Mayor Goldie Wilson.

#16792 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Ive seen Christopher Llyod, Michael J Fox, (Biff, and Martys Mom) all speak at Cons. I think Christopher Llyod would absolutely so this now. He seems like a nice guy who genuinely enjoys his BTTF fame.......now (not always). He doesnt take on any substantial roles anymore as he consideres himself semi retired. Pay the man fairly and he would likely be honored to do a pin.

He was GREAT in the Nobody movie that just came out. One of the best things about it.

#16793 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

He was GREAT in the Nobody movie that just came out. One of the best things about it.

Marc Maron interviewed Chris last month... to understand what makes Christopher Lloyd tick it's worth a listen! He sounds like a genuinely nice guy who is grateful for his BTTF fame, LOVED the Nobody role and wants to keep working.

#16794 3 years ago
Quoted from DaMoib:

Marc Maron interviewed Chris last month... to understand what makes Christopher Lloyd tick it's worth a listen! He sounds like a genuinely nice guy who is grateful for his BTTF fame, LOVED the Nobody role and wants to keep working.

Thanks- I didn’t realize Maron was still doing his podcast...adding & listening now!

#16795 3 years ago

When will Stern make the announcement??

#16796 3 years ago

Rumor is May 4th.

#16797 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Rumor is May 4th.

what year ?

#16798 3 years ago

Ha! This year man. I’ve heard from multiple reliable sources it’s 100% Mandalorian and that it’s being announced in the coming weeks, likely May 4th.

#16799 3 years ago

As stated many times already
It is Mandalorian

#16800 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

As stated many times already
It is Mandalorian

Why so confident?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 16.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 47,075 posts in this topic. You are on page 336 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/336?hl=nighttrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.