balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
birds (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,141 posts in this topic. You are on page 335 of 923.
#16701 2 years ago

Yep. Game art is important to me, and it helped make the decision to buy Jurassic Park an easy one. I think it looks fantastic.

Quoted from shaub:

Really, the guy does one pinball machine and you already write him off? Guys like him are exactly what stern needs. Like you said ZombieYeti cant do every machine.
I happen to really like the overall art package of Jurassic Park myself.

#16702 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Oh staaahp. You know you're the best, you know your work moves games, you know we want you to do every game. Appreciate the humbleness...but c'mon, BASK IN IT!!!!

First off, I didnā€™t recognize you with that snazzy new avatar!

Second - the ā€˜bestā€™ anything in pinball is the newest - always! ...if I EVER feel like Iā€™m even remotely competent, itā€™s over... and then Iā€™ll rightly deserve some punches.

ā€œPrideā€ coming before the fall is real - Iā€™ve seen it... plus, I was raised to properly second guess and question my abilities in all things ...but itā€™s a healthy self-loathing!

Ask Greg at stern - he talks me down of the ledge all the time

#16703 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Iā€™m not on the job right now. Right now, Iā€™m just voicing my opinion. Which doesnā€™t matter any more or less than anyone elseā€™s opinion. Also...you should see the kind of language that gets thrown around in this industry. My comments are mild comparatively haha.

Iā€™m not surprised that someone who makes a living as an art critic would find fault with lowbrow art. Youā€™d hate my collection of Dirty Donny blacklight posters, and my Metallica would probably make you hurl. To me, lowbrow is a style, I like it, itā€™s not for everyone. I happen to think that Johnny Crap is able to separate his work for Stern from his lowbrow stuff, and the art on JP is not that style at all. People judging him here based on that one whimsical lowbrow print are kind of missing the point.

Now tell us about how Andy Warhol was terribly overrated.

#16704 2 years ago
56vzmx (resized).jpg56vzmx (resized).jpg
#16705 2 years ago
56w1io (resized).jpg56w1io (resized).jpg
#16706 2 years ago

Let me just say this I HOPE its NOT Mando for several reasons... Stern just made Avengers for the second time, on top of Deadpool, Spider-Man and all the other Marvel themed games. Enough already do something else.

Now getting to Star Wars, please NOT AGAIN how many are there already like 5 or 6?

Again do something different.

There are so many options out there which would be so much better than retreading the Star Wars universe AGAIN!

Why can't Stern do: Caddyshack - Animal House - Blues Brothers - Airplane (a comedy). Where is Fast and Furious seems perfect for pinball. How about an 80's movie like Ferris, Fast Times, to Home Alone.

There is a lot bands never covered like Nirvana, Queen, Mƶtley CrĆ¼e, to action movies like Diehard, Planet of the Apes, to Mission Impossible.

Why do Star Wars again?

#16707 2 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Why do Star Wars again?

For the exact same reason Hollywood keeps doing Star Wars...it sells.

#16708 2 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Let me just say this I HOPE its NOT Mando for several reasons... Stern just made Avengers for the second time, on top of Deadpool, Spider-Man and all the other Marvel themed games. Enough already do something else.
Now getting to Star Wars, please NOT AGAIN how many are there already like 5 or 6?
Again do something different.
There are so many options out there which would be so much better than retreading the Star Wars universe AGAIN!
Why can't Stern do: Caddyshack - Animal House - Blues Brothers - Airplane (a comedy). Where is Fast and Furious seems perfect for pinball. How about an 80's movie like Ferris, Fast Times, to Home Alone.
There is a lot bands never covered like Nirvana, Queen, Mƶtley CrĆ¼e, to action movies like Diehard, Planet of the Apes, to Mission Impossible.
Why do Star Wars again?

It's is Mando
Glad because I'm not ready to drop more $.

Some of the ones you listed sound cool.

I'd buy almost any 80s theme.

But rest assured it Mando

#16709 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I'd buy almost any 80s theme.

#metoo

Even Spaceballs

#16710 2 years ago

It should be Die Hard, some bad ass RGB lighting effects, and dead bad guys, god dammit.
tumblr_b29bc90659703b8ce3795e405e5479f7_00560baf_400.giftumblr_b29bc90659703b8ce3795e405e5479f7_00560baf_400.gif

#16711 2 years ago

If the next pin is Mando I'm interested but only if Stern obtained the licenses to the first two seasons of the show, some of its music, and voice + video rights to Mando and Baby Yoda's character. No more odd static character animation images flying in and out like Avengers, sorry but those look cheesy and do little to help immerse a player into the theme. Carl Weathers doing custom callouts would be awesome. I can imagine callouts for bounty missions where Greef Karga assigns you bounty pucks for missions.

Do we know who is rumored to be on design / code?

#16712 2 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

A fellow Hoosier that isnā€™t pushing Yeti propaganda!?!? How dare you!! (I kid!)
First off...Iā€™m not upscale at anything in life! So I agree with you!!!
...But putting Chris and I against each other is always an odd play. Chris will gladly tell you that we do different things. I create assets and styleguides from nothing and he uses reference to create assets - so he had better be more technically accurate (and he is with style to spare!)
I ainā€™t great at what I do either btw. But I try to grow and stretch in hopes some day I like something I do.
I donā€™t want to do every license out there and I pick what I have passion for so I can do the best I can for the project and fans of it. These projects arenā€™t easy and take far more time than you can imagine. Iā€™m not gonna do a project I donā€™t love just for a check. So if people can see that it might be more of a Yeti sell than the actual art
But more to the point - Johnny Crap is one of the hardest working illustrators AND can design a playfield which is not an easy task for an artist used to the freedom of a canvas. I get that art is subjective and people donā€™t always like what the other person does - BUT - anyone who has undertaken a pinball art package (or 3 with stern) deserves some credit for hitting a schedule and taking some risks. Donā€™t tear people apart (this is pinside tho - so...) as a critique of what you may or may not like.
And with that - Iā€™ll get back to work...

Thank you for jumping in Jeremy.
Keep on kicking ass!

#16713 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Eddy/Lonnie seems like they're due up if it's not BTTF and really is Mandalorian. Tanio's been quiet, but I really hope he's the one that's been porting LotR to Spike and is busy with that since he was involved in the Spike OS development. If it's BTTF, Lyman is coding because they're charging a premium, for sure. If Lonnie's coding it will never be great. "Good enough" is all he does.

#16714 2 years ago

Kaneda has some rumored info about the game on his latest podcast. He's hearing full assets which would be great.

https://soundcloud.com/kanedapinball/episode-573-stern-is-the-way

#16715 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If the next pin is Mando I'm interested but only if Stern obtained the licenses to the first two seasons of the show, some of its music, and voice + video rights to Mando and Baby Yoda's character. No more odd static character animation images flying in and out like Avengers, sorry but those look cheesy and do little to help immerse a player into the theme. Carl Weathers doing custom callouts would be awesome. I can imagine callouts for bounty missions where Greef Karga assigns you bounty pucks for missions.

Agree. Has to have the assets.

#16716 2 years ago

The rumored main toy is called "Baby Yoda Magic". A spinner will pop up out of the playfield, with each spin Baby Yoda laughs.

#16717 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Kaneda has some rumored info about the game on his latest podcast. He's hearing full assets which would be great.
https://soundcloud.com/kanedapinball/episode-573-stern-is-the-way

Honestly this is a big big point. Look at SW 450+ film clips itā€™s astounding imo. If it was static clip art itā€™s not as good.

Iā€™m not saying only pins with assets can be great because like TWD no assets, SM, Tron, ST have audio clips but blurry film capture or cartoon graphics not as great now that we have color high resolution displays we need assets eye candy. Rick and Morty, Alien, SW, The Hobbit style not JJP Potc or Wonka half ass assets.

#16718 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The rumored main toy is called "Baby Yoda Magic". A spinner will pop up out of the playfield, with each spin Baby Yoda laughs.

It's hard to tell anymore what's true and what's a joke.

#16719 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

LOL puke thatā€™s funny but Iā€™m not putting it past Stern. Hopefully itā€™s not all about cute muppet baby.

#16720 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#16721 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

It should be Die Hard, some bad ass RGB lighting effects, and dead bad guys, god dammit.
[quoted image]

Upper playfeild should be modeled after the top of the nakatomi plaza, an elevator will bring the ball to the top where there is a helicopter bash toy similar to the slimer mech (explosions and lights go crazy when you hit it.). Air duct ramp with metal popping sounds coming from the speakers when ball is inside it. Lets build this damn thing! Christmas 2022 release.

#16722 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Iā€™m not saying only pins with assets can be great

I like Deadpool's presentation, and I think it works better than if it was based on the live action movies. But I also think comic book themes get a pass for that. I'm fine with AIQ's half assed animation because it resembles a comic book. DMDs also get a pass to a certain extent, as long as the audio is there. If a license' source is only from a film, I expect assets from it on LCD pins. Otherwise it feels like a knockoff. I'm not paying 5-8 grand for a knockoff like JP.

#16723 2 years ago

If it is Mando, they can could do some kool magnet things with the ball as the child using the force... I just hope Stern ups their game SUBSTANTIALLY if there will be a child figure on the game. Detailed in game toys are not Sterns strong suite...

#16724 2 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

If it is Mando, they can could do some kool magnet things with the ball as the child using the force... I just hope Stern ups their game SUBSTANTIALLY if there will be a child figure on the game. Detailed in game toys are not Sterns strong suite...

Neither are their toppers. If I made something that sucked, i wouldnt make a whole lot of them either.

#16725 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Yeah, because Stern Star Wars pins / Home Pins were major Hits and completely sold out

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16726 2 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Shooter knob.

the-mandalorian-baby-yoda (resized).jpgthe-mandalorian-baby-yoda (resized).jpg
#16727 2 years ago

Using the logic posed for a Mando pin, itā€™s more likely that the next Stern release will be based on the TV show American Idol

#16728 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Not as well since Disney killed the franchise and went woke. Mando brought it off of life support.

#16729 2 years ago

If Sternā€™s topper looks like this and they light the eyes, itā€™ll sell out at $750.

227CDAA3-5483-4500-85B9-88F77129998C.jpeg227CDAA3-5483-4500-85B9-88F77129998C.jpeg
#16730 2 years ago
Quoted from Rodent:

Using the logic posed for a Mando pin, itā€™s more likely that the next Stern release will be based on the TV show American Idol

Please explain this "logic".

One is a cinematic sci-fi action/adventure show based on the most popular franchise ever.

One is a singing game show.

#16731 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

If Sternā€™s topper looks like this and they light the eyes, itā€™ll sell out at $750.
[quoted image]

Lol probably. Too cheap now for Stern, $1k with a limited edition plaque on the back of it.

#16732 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#16733 2 years ago

Itā€™s not Mandalorian, itā€™s code for BTTF. My reasoning is that Mandalorian was a released weekly and itā€™s only existed for a year and a half. It takes about a year to bring a pin design to completion and unless Stern was able to have early access to the entire season, the pin may not make sense or feel incomplete. Another thing...Stern has a partnership with NECA who released their TMNT line about the same times as Stern TMNT as well as the walmart exclusive box that had ZYā€™s art, Stern, Neca and Nickelodeon logos all over it. And what do we have here...Neca Back to the Future figures with full likeness to the main characters. Man...DeLorean.

9A92ED88-B3C0-45B4-A707-BF924A5B10F5 (resized).jpeg9A92ED88-B3C0-45B4-A707-BF924A5B10F5 (resized).jpeg
#16734 2 years ago

I would love to see a fresh title. If we have to revisit themes, how about a villain pinball? Darth Vader, Joker, LeChuck, Jack Torrance, Red Skoll, Leatherface. Caprica Six, Michael Corleone, Nurse Ratched, Handsome Jack, Venom, Norman Bates, Kahn, Frieza, HAL 9000, Loki, Kefka, Xenomorph, Moriarty, Dr.Doom, and last but not least (for all you hard core superman fans) Solomon Grundy

#16735 2 years ago

Really hoping for BTTF.. Man that would be killer!

BTTF and Jaws would do it for me.

#16736 2 years ago

Its gotta be BTTF. Gary loves it so much, he dressed up as Doc for the flyer photoshoot!

Screenshot_20210423-173014_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210423-173014_eBay (resized).jpg
#16737 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Itā€™s not Mandalorian, itā€™s code for BTTF...And what do we have here...Neca Back to the Future figures with full likeness to the main characters. Man...DeLorean.
[quoted image]

So...?
manda-delay (resized).jpgmanda-delay (resized).jpg

And BTTF is actually up next?

#16738 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Itā€™s not Mandalorian, itā€™s code for BTTF. My reasoning is that Mandalorian was a released weekly and itā€™s only existed for a year and a half. It takes about a year to bring a pin design to completion and unless Stern was able to have early access to the entire season, the pin may not make sense or feel incomplete. Another thing...Stern has a partnership with NECA who released their TMNT line about the same times as Stern TMNT as well as the walmart exclusive box that had ZYā€™s art, Stern, Neca and Nickelodeon logos all over it. And what do we have here...Neca Back to the Future figures with full likeness to the main characters. Man...DeLorean.
[quoted image]

I sure hope itā€˜s a hoax and weā€˜re getting a Brian Eddy BTTF, but I donā€˜t really believe in it. XD

#16739 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

[quoted image]

The last SW topper they attempted had sharpie and stickers. Fā€™ing sharper and stickers!!!

The next SW topper will be flat plastic and 3x the price.

#16740 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I sure hope itā€˜s a hoax and weā€˜re getting a Brian Eddy BTTF, but I donā€˜t really believe in it. XD

IF it's BTTF, that's Kapow and premium pricing, which also pulls in Lyman for bait on the higher Elvira-style pricing, so an Eddy/Sheats BTTF would be a possibility. Could be very, very good.

#16741 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

The last SW topper they attempted had sharpie and stickers. Fā€™ing sharper and stickers!!!
The next SW topper will be flat plastic and 3x the price.

They already did that with the JP topper. At least the R2D2 topper is mechanical and coded in the game with sounds and reactions to the game.

#16742 2 years ago

Time to rock out

#16743 2 years ago

The official toppers are embarrassingly bad. They need to hire Back Alley Matt to do these.

#16744 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

IF it's BTTF, that's Kapow and premium pricing, which also pulls in Lyman for bait on the higher Elvira-style pricing, so an Eddy/Sheets BTTF would be a possibility. Could be very, very good.

This. Would take this over Mandalorian any day. On the other hand, if it is the Mandalorian my wallet would be much happier.

#16745 2 years ago

Low brow & art brute is actually my go to. Warhol was the cult of personality, a self certified ā€œart world celebrityā€ His work was about commodification and therby conceptual in the way that he commodified himself as an artist. So no, I donā€™t believe he is overrated. Heā€™s brilliant.

Quoted from swampfire:

Iā€™m not surprised that someone who makes a living as an art critic would find fault with lowbrow art. Youā€™d hate my collection of Dirty Donny blacklight posters, and my Metallica would probably make you hurl. To me, lowbrow is a style, I like it, itā€™s not for everyone. I happen to think that Johnny Crap is able to separate his work for Stern from his lowbrow stuff, and the art on JP is not that style at all. People judging him here based on that one whimsical lowbrow print are kind of missing the point.
Now tell us about how Andy Warhol was terribly overrated.

#16746 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

IF it's BTTF, that's Kapow and premium pricing, which also pulls in Lyman for bait on the higher Elvira-style pricing, so an Eddy/Sheats BTTF would be a possibility. Could be very, very good.

THIS! Please.

#16747 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Low brow & art brute is actually my go to. Warhol was the cult of personality, a self certified ā€œart world celebrityā€ His work was about commodification and therby conceptual in the way that he commodified himself as an artist. So no, I donā€™t believe he is overrated. Heā€™s brilliant.

Somebody's been spending some quality time with his dictionary!!!

#16748 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Weā€™re veering off topic, but who would you consider good in this genre? Iā€™m a fan of Doug Horne, Chet Phillips and Donny Gilles. Their stuff is all over my basement.

#16749 2 years ago

There are many and I could go on all day but Iā€™m a big Joe Coleman fan.

Quoted from swampfire:

Weā€™re veering off topic, but who would you consider good in this genre? Iā€™m a fan of Doug Horne, Chet Phillips and Donny Gilles. Their stuff is all over my basement.

#16750 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

There are many and I could go on all day but Iā€™m a big Joe Coleman fan.

I like doing paint by numbers pictures.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 85.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Bonney Lake, WA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts
Hardware
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,141 posts in this topic. You are on page 335 of 923.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/335?hl=sako-trg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.