Screenshot_20240423_152310_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
IMG_2020 (resized).jpeg
20240423_100836 (resized).jpg
20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 332 of 942.
#16551 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I'm not a huge Mandalorian fan. But I'm pretty sure I saw that it's one of the most streamed shows ever. My family's already bugging me to get it if they make it.

The first season was captivating.
Story was good as was the action sequences.But by the second year it became repetitive,like a video game.
The last episode was silly with bad special effects.Bill Burr was a nice addition to cast I like his comedic style.Oh I’m not a fan of the newer Star Wars movies.Disney just keeps cranking them out.

#16552 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I am fairly new to pinball(2019), why is kaneda like Lord Voldemort, he that shall not be named??

He’s been banned from this and other forums. You have to a pretty big asshole to get banned from Internet forums. Also, you’ll find eventually that he doesn’t really have the inside scoop he claims to. Veterans of this forum (not including myself in that category) are simply sick of discussing him. He is also real opinionated for someone who doesn’t even maintain a collection.

#16553 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Stern Marketing
Stranger Things now Mandalorian .
Epic fail!

Really? Epic fail for choosing a current theme?

It’s smart to switch between proven and new themes!
To grow the business you need NEW people coming in and grow interest from outside the hobby which won’t happen with older themes that easily.

Which license would you choose from a property not older than 5 years old?
Stranger Things has been the biggest Netflix hit, GoT the biggest HBO and The Mandalorian the biggest Disney+. Seems like they’re paying very good attention!

#16554 3 years ago
Quoted from Bingovit:

Stranger Things has been the biggest Netflix hit, GoT the biggest HBO and The Mandalorian the biggest Disney+. Seems like they’re paying very good attention!

Stern got Stranger Things out too late. It had already cooled off. It's no longer the biggest Netflix audience - barely top 5 now, tied with Tiger King. The Witcher, Money Heist, and Bridgerton have passed it with much larger audiences (up to 18 million more, which is nothing to sneeze at).

#16555 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Lazy way of spelling. Kinda like...WTF.

It's the main character's "name"...

#16556 3 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

I can dig. Just as long as they let Karl Urban run free with all sorts of R-rated callouts, that could be quite entertaining.

The Boys is fucking amazing, but I'm not sure it would map well into a pinball game. Half of the fun of the show is the shock factor. Also, this would need to be a Spooky title to do it justice. Calling SpookyCharlie

#16557 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yay, opinions!
I think we're spoiled with the amount of content we have and the quality of TV now. Can you imagine of a feature-level show like Mando existed in the 80's or 90's? We'd shit!!!!

Well of course I'm judging it based on what else is available to watch right now, not in the 80s or 90s. I enjoyed the mandolorian as a casual thing, but I wasn't sucked into it. It's not "must see TV." It's star wars fan service, which is fine, but I'm never going to watch it a second time.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16558 3 years ago

TV show, huh? Well, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again:

Futurama!
0f25ee2d869ef533343ffaed0b830712 (resized).jpeg0f25ee2d869ef533343ffaed0b830712 (resized).jpeg

#16559 3 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

The Boys is fucking amazing, but I'm not sure it would map well into a pinball game. Half of the fun of the show is the shock factor. Also, this would need to be a Spooky title to do it justice. Calling SpookyCharlie

I’m not sure but sit on your face and crush you with my vagina and ass cheeks multiball sounds interesting?

#16560 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

He’s been banned from this and other forums. You have to a pretty big asshole to get banned from Internet forums. Also, you’ll find eventually that he doesn’t really have the inside scoop he claims to. Veterans of this forum (not including myself in that category) are simply sick of discussing him. He is also real opinionated for someone who doesn’t even maintain a collection.

Ok thanks for the information. Appreciate the history lesson. I am still learning and loving the hobby. I have nine pins and sold four, and waiting for Stern to full fill my EHOH deposit, so the pinball bug caught me big time. I do hope he is right about Scooby Doo though. My wife, kids, and I want it.

#16561 3 years ago

Breaking news ... Kaneda Says **The Next Stern Pin** is The Mandolin played by Menudo..

Kool kids will go LE on this one..

#16562 3 years ago

I could care less about the T.V show "The Mandolorian", but having a Star Wars bounty hunter pin with Boba Fett somewhere in the game makes me very interested, especially if they use art from the end of the episodes!

#16563 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Breaking news ... Kaneda Says **The Next Stern Pin** is The Mandolin played by Menudo..
Kool kids will go LE on this one..

Now we know that’s total BS. Everyone knows Menudo doesn’t play instruments!

C09AA381-0810-45A7-9AA0-76A163059EDA (resized).jpegC09AA381-0810-45A7-9AA0-76A163059EDA (resized).jpeg
#16564 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Now we know that’s total BS. Everyone knows Menudo doesn’t play instruments!
[quoted image]

They do, but backstage.

#16565 3 years ago
49CFD5F2-835D-49A4-A45D-BA221BC88810.jpeg49CFD5F2-835D-49A4-A45D-BA221BC88810.jpeg
#16566 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They do, but backstage.

Skin flute?

#16567 3 years ago
Quoted from Bingovit:

Really? Epic fail for choosing a current theme?
It’s smart to switch between proven and new themes!
To grow the business you need NEW people coming in and grow interest from outside the hobby which won’t happen with older themes that easily.
Which license would you choose from a property not older than 5 years old?

Disagree, this is the point I’m trying to make.
If Stern and the pin manufacturers were paying attention to this thread, they would clearly see what their loyal followers and buyers are wanting as their next pin.
Not what Netflix or streaming service is pumping out that doesn’t even make sense as a pin theme.
Just because some youngsters like watching these shows, doesn't necessarily mean they are gonna run out and ask dad to buy a pinball. Or if they do, they convince daddy and will probably have two minutes interest in it.
It then gets moved on.... quickly.
It’s classic themes with nostalgia that hit the mark.

I don’t put any credence in Netflix viewer ratings. I’m guilty of watching all of Stranger Things + adding to the ratings system in the hope it would stay good after the 1st season. Sadly it took a massive nose dive.....utter crap.
Russians, ropey acting, script writing on a course to Neptune etc..... it put me to sleep.
Not like the 80s I remember.....
Duffer brothers were 5 years old at the end of the 80s... lol....

#16569 3 years ago

Timeless classic, how about The Grinch?

#16570 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Timeless classic, how about The Grinch?

A little too on-the-nose for Gary. They won't do it.

#16571 3 years ago

How has there never been a Bill and Ted pin? It checks all the boxes. Nostalgia, age group, great music, colorful characters, cool props, story adaptable to game modes, recently released film...

Seems like an obvious choice that would sell easily. I guess it makes too much sense for Stern. Better just do star wars for like the sixth time.

#16572 3 years ago

Leak

It's
MANDELORIAN

#16573 3 years ago

Say it isn’t so!!!

#16574 3 years ago
A7242BEE-DFF5-453A-AA37-A8BD11BF08BD (resized).pngA7242BEE-DFF5-453A-AA37-A8BD11BF08BD (resized).png
#16575 3 years ago

i hope it is mando. keeping my fingers crossed. yes, i'm a star wars fan

#16576 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Disagree, this is the point I’m trying to make.
If Stern and the pin manufacturers were paying attention to this thread, they would clearly see what their loyal followers and buyers are wanting as their next pin.
Not what Netflix or streaming service is pumping out that doesn’t even make sense as a pin theme.
Just because some youngsters like watching these shows, doesn't necessarily mean they are gonna run out and ask dad to buy a pinball. Or if they do, they convince daddy and will probably have two minutes interest in it.
I don’t put any credence in Netflix viewer ratings. I’m guilty of watching all of Stranger Things + adding to the ratings system in the hope it would stay good after the 1st season. Sadly it took a massive nose dive.....utter crap.
Russians, ropey acting, script writing on a course to Neptune etc..... it put me to sleep.
Not like the 80s I remember.....
Duffer brothers were 5 years old at the end of the 80s... lol....

Mandolorian makes sense as a theme. Lots of episodes that can be modes. I’m hoping it’ll use clip assets from the show and maybe have Nick Nolte or Carl Weathers as the narrator.

#16577 3 years ago

I think the mandolorian will do really well with the younger demographic just like stranger things (it will do great on location) Stern knows what they are doing and provide many different titles for every age group.

If you don’t like this title, another one will be out in 4-6 months.

#16578 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Bruh...

Mando. Is. STAR F*CKING WARS.

The most nostalgic property that adults never stop buying stuff of. To act like Mando is some rando flash in the pan show is a massively wrong hot take.

#16579 3 years ago

Let's hope they use the show music.

#16580 3 years ago

as an operator, if i have a machine that has a Baby Yoda on it, I might as well install an ATM machine on the coin door.

#16581 3 years ago

So „I won‘t spoil the moment and all the hard work Stern put into this“ Kaneda didn‘t even made it for a week before flipflopping...

#16582 3 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

as an operator, if i have a machine that has a Baby Yoda on it, I might as well install an ATM machine on the coin door.

Exactly- it will do great on location. As things open back up, this will be a great earner on route.

#16583 3 years ago
A9968643-06B8-4ADB-AC50-B45B57125A73.gifA9968643-06B8-4ADB-AC50-B45B57125A73.gif
#16584 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I think the mandolorian will do really well with the younger demographic just like stranger things (it will do great on location) Stern knows what they are doing and provide many different titles for every age group.
If you don’t like this title, another one will be out in 4-6 months.

So you’re saying Stern will lower the MSRP to drive more sales to operators who need a return on their investment?

#16585 3 years ago

perfect shooter knob.

index (resized).jpgindex (resized).jpg

bb2-1 (resized).jpgbb2-1 (resized).jpg

#16586 3 years ago

Mando would be an instant LE buy for me sight unseen. Love the show.

#16587 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

So you’re saying Stern will lower the MSRP to drive more sales to operators who need a return on their investment?

Still the cheapest option in pinball for a new game in 2021: stern pro around $5500-5800 nib. No one else can offer a new game for that price. As a small time operator- stern pros are the best bang for your buck in pinball

#16588 3 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

On a successful title, how long before you make your money back and start turning a profit?

#16589 3 years ago

Stern got plenty of good assets for Star Wars, but paid the price on the playfield. Lets hope with Rando Mando (TM Rarehero ) we get assets and plenty of playfield goodies.

Very curious to see what Eddie can do with his second comback game - im thinking he's got his form back after after a long spell and warming up on ST.

#16590 3 years ago

It's
Mando
Not my fault guys

#16591 3 years ago

Kinda
Glad
No need to buy right anyway

#16592 3 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Mando would be an instant LE buy for me sight unseen. Love the show.

Couldn’t agree more!! Hopefully they make enough LEs to go around.

#16593 3 years ago

After all the speculation around BTTF, Top Gun, James Bond, etc., Mandalorian would be a huge disappointment... at least to me.

On the positive side, if these rumors are true, I won't have to worry about selling my Tron or other pin to clear up space and funds. I can keep my pin purchase to just EHOH this year which is probably the financially smart thing to do anyway .

#16594 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Still the cheapest option in pinball for a new game in 2021: stern pro around $5500-5800 nib. No one else can offer a new game for that price. As a small time operator- stern pros are the best bang for your buck in pinball

So NIB Stern pros can still be had for $5500?

#16595 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So NIB Stern pros can still be had for $5500?

I have a friend who bought a nib TMNT pro for $5100 shipped to his house. I guess deals can be found out there, depending on how bad a distributor needs to move machines??

#16596 3 years ago

I have a mando le reserved for me if its the title. Will go great next to my SW comic premium. I know many dont like stern SW but it is the number 1 keeper(ok maybe JP) in my lineup. Hand drawn mando in maybe a more shadow like eddy pin is a buy for ne

#16597 3 years ago

I’m happy to announce it IS based off a TV show loved by many generations & it is Mand...

“Mandelbaum” the Pinball.

From the brilliant mind of Larry David’s Seinfeld. Izzy “Mandelbaum” will really work out your fingers with this latest Stern pinball.

F45123A3-0859-4397-9B82-D8723B069BA9.gifF45123A3-0859-4397-9B82-D8723B069BA9.gif
#16598 3 years ago

Could the table look something like this? There is a promo video for zen pinball on oculus.

CABE8863-98EC-4FD3-BDBC-42194B661D0C (resized).jpegCABE8863-98EC-4FD3-BDBC-42194B661D0C (resized).jpegE2DF4F02-7262-499B-9CF4-C2DF833DB6CC (resized).jpegE2DF4F02-7262-499B-9CF4-C2DF833DB6CC (resized).jpeg
#16599 3 years ago
download (2).jpegdownload (2).jpeg
#16600 3 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

[quoted image]

Mando, as a theme, does nothing for me. Having Johnny Crap on art would only make it easier to skip. Location play? Whatever.
In my house? No fugly Johnny Crap art plz.

Edit: seriously. What are the opinions about this print? I think it looks like amateur hour. College application quality at best. We need more good artists at Stern. Zombie Yeti cant do EVERY machine and we need some variety (although id own a row of Zombie Yeti games if i could)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nixa, MO
There are 47,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 332 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/332?hl=sako-trg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.