maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
images (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_4963.gif
Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,990 posts in this topic. You are on page 330 of 940.
#16451 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Umm, that is 90s music, 30 years ago and Im sure Stern will change as needed, they know their market. You may not have grey hair, but you might as well be considered one.

85-05 = 2 decades. You missed my point, then called me a gray hair which supports my point. Still interesting.

#16452 3 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

85-05 = 2 decades. You missed my point, then called me a gray hair which supports my point. Still interesting.

Nirvana? Early 90s, Beastie? late 80s. Good PJ? 90s. Thats my point. That music is being played on classic rock, just like LZ and the Doors. There time will come, just not today.

#16453 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Nirvana? Early 90s, Beastie? late 80s. Good PJ? 90s. Thats my point. That music is being played on classic rock, just like LZ and the Doors. There time will come, just not today.

Your (and many others here) point was that people who like any music made after 1985 are kids with no money. Also what station includes grunge with LZ and Doors?

#16454 3 years ago

Rock 106.7 here plays all that good stuff

#16455 3 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I for one love my Star Wars Pro. It's an excellent game with deep rules that is fun to play. Yes, it is a fast, ass kicker of a machine, but it just makes you a better player.

Dude, I’m not that great of a player but playing the premium at Disney for hours my game time was a average of 5 minutes a game. The game is fucking brutal and it is deep, not that I would ever know because I might have seen 1% of it.
I actually would love me to have one but not for the prices pins are going for now.

#16456 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

I'm betting Adams Family and Stranger Things.....operators please weigh in.

Before the pandemic, on the route I helped with jjPotC, AfMr and Deadpool made the most. jjPotC had a $1.50/4 ball game vend and even that didn't slow people down.

#16457 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

How many of those kids can afford to throw 8 gs at a pin? Not many. Sure they put $10 bucks into whatever pin they want, but they arent going home and ordering NIB.

Hell, I can't afford to throw 8K at a game either and I am 48.....but I do anyway

#16458 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Dude, I’m not that great of a player but playing the premium at Disney for hours my game time was a average of 5 minutes a game. The game is fucking brutal and it is deep, not that I would ever know because I might have seen 1% of it.
I actually would love me to have one but not for the prices pins are going for now.

There's a recurring charity raffle for you, then. $50 for a 1 in 200 shot at a new machine, tax deductible.

http://projectpinball.org/pinballmachineraffles

#16459 3 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Your (and many others here) point was that people who like any music made after 1985 are kids with no money. Also what station includes grunge with LZ and Doors?

96.5 Jack FM in the Seattle does. Hey, good music is good music.

#16460 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

need some cowbell! and more boobs.

Just stop off at Peabody’s farm he’s got plenty of cowbell and for the other things....
A9E48CE7-0079-4CE0-91DD-B807994255EC.gifA9E48CE7-0079-4CE0-91DD-B807994255EC.gif

#16461 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Kaneda podcast today says not mortal kombat. Not Harry Potter. Not a movie. A tv show that isn’t finished. Playfield has a wooded area. My guess is still Mandalorian. Mando isn’t done with episodes. I believe the scenes had some wooded are in last few episodes. We’ll see what happens

Fuck yeah! Twin Peaks it is! Day one purchase for me!

#16462 3 years ago

Yes, you are correct. My point was never that Stern should market games to 20 year olds. That’s ludicrous. My point was that 20 somethings are not obsessed with classic rock like what’s his face was claiming earlier. I generally think Stern picks great themes, even the Dad rock stuff I’m not particularly into. If I get one game a year that peeks my particular interest I’m good. And I’m happy that boomers get their basic bitc# Led Zeppelin’s and ACDCs etc. Iron Maiden has been the only music related pin I’ve ever cared about. I’d also be stoked for a Black Sabbath ( if done well )

Quoted from Roostking:

How many of those kids can afford to throw 8 gs at a pin? Not many. Sure they put $10 bucks into whatever pin they want, but they arent going home and ordering NIB.
Greyhairs are and Stern knows their market.

#16463 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

I do not know of a Tv Series running right now i want to see period. Do you?

As a reader of Invincible for over a decade i can vouch that the show on Prime has been done very well so far.
NOT FOR KIDS!!

20210421_223045 (resized).jpg20210421_223045 (resized).jpg
#16464 3 years ago

We now know Stern wants to reach the late teens and early 20 year old market. The nearly confirmed rumor of the next Stern pin is a game called "YouTube Star", an official license from Google. You are trying to get as many subscribers as you can to become the number 1 influencer in the world. Hit ramps and orbits to generate ad revenue in a race to become the biggest YouTube channel.

Shoot the 3 drop targets and "Like and Subscribe" bash toy to earn ad dollars. All games feature custom callouts by some of the worlds biggest YouTube stars. Go crazy in "Subscriber Multiball" where all switches score your channel a new subscriber. This game will be internet connected and if you earn a high enough score you will appear on Stern's official "Trending High Score" leaderboard (*subscription to The Stern Global Lifestyle Network required). A built in camera will also capture video of you playing and auto upload to YouTube (hit bumpers to add more jump cuts). The special "Gold Subscriber Edition" comes with a unique gold mirrored back glass for $15k.

#16465 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Kaneda podcast today says not mortal kombat. Not Harry Potter. Not a movie. A tv show that isn’t finished. Playfield has a wooded area. My guess is still Mandalorian. Mando isn’t done with episodes. I believe the scenes had some wooded are in last few episodes. We’ll see what happens

Cobra Kai

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16467 3 years ago

This > Mandaborian.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

We now know Stern wants to reach the late teens and early 20 year old market. The nearly confirmed rumor of the next Stern pin is a game called "YouTube Star", an official license from Google. You are trying to get as many subscribers as you can to become the number 1 influencer in the world. Hit ramps and orbits to generate ad revenue in a race to become the biggest YouTube channel.
Shoot the 3 drop targets and "Like and Subscribe" bash toy to earn ad dollars. All games feature custom callouts by some of the worlds biggest YouTube stars. Go crazy in "Subscriber Multiball" where all switches score your channel a new subscriber. This game will be internet connected and if you earn a high enough score you will appear on Stern's official "Trending High Score" leaderboard (*subscription to The Stern Global Lifestyle Network required). A built in camera will also capture video of you playing and auto generate to YouTube (hit bumpers for more jump cuts). The special "Gold Subscriber Edition" comes with a unique gold mirrored back glass for $15k.

#16468 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's a recurring charity raffle for you, then. $50 for a 1 in 200 shot at a new machine, tax deductible.
http://projectpinball.org/pinballmachineraffles

Wait, Raffles are tax deductable? Ive been sending a few grand to project pinball for a few years and could have been deducting this?

#16469 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Wait, Raffles are tax deductable? Ive been sending a few grand to project pinball for a few years and could have been deducting this?

answered my own question with quick google search. Anything that is a raffle is NOT tax deductable.

Raffle tickets are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. The IRS has determined that purchasing the chance to win a prize has value that is essentially equal to the cost of the raffle ticket.

#16470 3 years ago

I think "The Boys" would be the only super hero pin I would own. So how about that one?

#16471 3 years ago

I think the show was called "Hurl!", actually. But it probably wouldn't make a great pin, either.

#16472 3 years ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

My bologna, bologna spinner.

I would love the “Another One Rides the Bus” mode.

Or the “Party in th CIA”

This pin could be the anthesis of all the music pins!!

#16473 3 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

I would love the “Another One Rides the Bus” mode.
Or the “Party in th CIA”
This pin could be the anthesis of all the music pins!!

Polka Power Multi Ball!

#16474 3 years ago

Won't happen and doesn't fit Kaneda's hints but count me in for a Brooklyn-99 pin if we're going more current.

#16476 3 years ago

Wooded playfield TV show that isn't finished? Yes! OZARK pin!

#16477 3 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Wooded playfield TV show that isn't finished? Yes! OZARK pin!

Didn’t think of that. Lots of forest in ozarks

#16478 3 years ago

Ozark is an amazing show, I love it but I don't know if I would buy a pin based on it.

#16479 3 years ago

Not buying kaneda

#16480 3 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

Topper . Converts when you qualify or activate a mode on the playfield

Nope, then it would cost 2000 dollars

#16481 3 years ago

If the next Stern is based on a TV show, it will be current and massively popular (24, CSI, Sopranos, GOT, Stranger Things). And the only TV show that currently fits that MO, is Mandalorian.

#16482 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Shoot the 3 drop targets and "Like and Subscribe" bash toy to earn ad dollars. All games feature custom callouts by some of the worlds biggest YouTube stars. Go crazy in "Subscriber Multiball" where all switches score your channel a new subscriber. This game will be internet connected and if you earn a high enough score you will appear on Stern's official "Trending High Score" leaderboard (*subscription to The Stern Global Lifestyle Network required). A built in camera will also capture video of you playing and auto upload to YouTube (hit bumpers to add more jump cuts). The special "Gold Subscriber Edition" comes with a unique gold mirrored back glass for $15k.

This is both a really stupid idea and brilliant at the same time. If Stern wasn't planning it before, they might after reading this...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16483 3 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

If the next Stern is based on a TV show, it will be current and massively popular (24, CSI, Sopranos, GOT, Stranger Things). And the only TV show that currently fits that MO, is Mandalorian.

Unlike BTTF, Mandalorian would make it an easy pass for me. My wallet will appreciate that.

#16484 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

This is both a really stupid idea and brilliant at the same time. If Stern wasn't planning it before, they might after reading this...

I'm sorry lol.

#16485 3 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

That’s if you believe Keneda....

#16486 3 years ago

This thread has a chewed up wad of gum under it.

#16487 3 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

The Top 10 TV Series of 2020, according to IMBd. Ozark, Mandalorian, Umbrella Academy have already been mentioned as possibilities.

1 The Boys
2 Money Heist
3 Dark
4 Ozark
5 The Mandalorian
6 The Queens Gambit
7 Umbrella Academy
8 Westworld
9 The Witcher
10 The Crown
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#16488 3 years ago

Probably be the Mandalorian, probably will be announced May the 4th.

#16489 3 years ago

The Witcher by Eddy. Soon.

#16490 3 years ago

That’s a typo it’s actually BARTH from “You Can’t Do That On Television”. Turns out it is a TV show about cooking!
FF243610-1953-4B11-ADCA-C5CA760A85D0 (resized).jpegFF243610-1953-4B11-ADCA-C5CA760A85D0 (resized).jpeg

#16491 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

They are targeting younger buyers too. Stranger Things was geared towards younger pinheads. But we all know how much pinside lost their minds over STh. We shall see what’s to come. Harry Potter would crush. So would Mortal Kombat.

If so then please let it be Mortal Kombat, I have really never played the game, and I don't care about it either, but I have seen the trailer and it looks promising, I think it could make a kick ass pin with fighting scenes, swords, fire, dragons, superhumans and what not, with a nice picture of Sonya Blade on the backglass, Stern, take my money
who would want a potter pin about a dorky kid with a stick that's supposed to be some kind of magician or something, really?? Come on man...

#16492 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I think "The Boys" would be the only super hero pin I would own. So how about that one?

I can dig. Just as long as they let Karl Urban run free with all sorts of R-rated callouts, that could be quite entertaining.

#16493 3 years ago

Stern needs to wake up and for once give the people what they want. “Mano - a - Mano” fighting style gameplay, whereas in every mode you’re in a battle with a villain or monster. You either hit your enemy (to reduce his hit points/life) or they do that to you. This would be an original spin and something fresher than what we’ve been getting.

#16494 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I was listening to a Classic Rock station today and they played Green Day and STP. I’m getting old

I hear you, traditional definition of classic rock is rock from 60’s to early 80’s but most classic rock channels whether FM or Sirius XM now definite it to rock that is at least 25-30 years old. Rock and classic rock channels here in Philly area play LZ the Stones and Beatles right along side Ozzy, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Nirvana. After so much time it just crosses over.

Interesting thing about that chart that was posted is many classic rock bands also fall into the rock category and visa versa depending on what source you look at.
Chart clearly shows a majority prefer rock/classic rock and when both genres combined age doesn’t matter, it’s well north of 50% at the youngest and only gets higher with age.

#16495 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Won't happen and doesn't fit

Title of your sex tape

#16496 3 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Munsters and Batman 66?

#16497 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Stern needs to wake up and for once give the people what they want. “Mano - a - Mano” fighting style gameplay, whereas in every mode you’re in a battle with a villain or monster. You either hit your enemy (to reduce his hit points/life) or they do that to you. This would be an original spin and something fresher than what we’ve been getting.

Deadpool, Avengers, even Black Knight (ish)

#16498 3 years ago
pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#16499 3 years ago

It wasn't on that list of top TV series, but I was thinking that The Flash is a very popular currently running show and would fit into Stern's superhero wheelhouse without (yet another) Marvel pin. A modern Flash could do some cool things around speed.

#16500 3 years ago

This thread has gone on so long I'm sick of every theme that's been mentioned.

shoot-in-head.gifshoot-in-head.gif
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

There are 46,990 posts in this topic. You are on page 330 of 940.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/330?hl=crobby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.