51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,045 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 941.
#1551 6 years ago

I get all hyped up about new releases... Then I remember they take years to finish, if ever.

I'm starting to think when the next title is announced I should buy that new minivan my wife says we need. By the time the game is done my wallet will have recovered from the vehicle purchase & I can then buy the game.

Woe is me. Woe is me.

#1552 6 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

Borg was wearing a guns and roses shirt in Dead flip’s guardians reveal, maybe he can design another Guns N’ Roses pin.

JJP rumored to have that one.

#1553 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

JJP rumored to have that one.

And we are all grateful for that!

#1554 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Making the Joust duel some kind of 3D VR thing instead of a faceoff on an arcade joust machine is dumb, making his love interest "Hollywood perfect" instead of overweight and flawed is dumb, I understand about the licensing that required the Japanese robot replacements, but it will hurt that scene since Iron Giant makes no sense in context with the Asian competitors. And the car race they invented for the movie will seem tacked on, guaranteed. I can't imagine where it would go to seem like it fits. Was very much looking forward to this until I saw the trailers.

I was really excited when I heard they were they were considering gene wilder somewhere in the movie. And then he passed away. Sadly.

I just need to read the book again. Why wait for the movie?
And it was so good. Well worth a second read. Sorry to digress. Ready player one.

Also that girl in the iron maiden shirt too...

#1555 6 years ago
Quoted from DefDumBlindKid:

But Iron Maiden probably wouldn’t sell anywhere near a Met or AcDc. Ok, let the hate begin. Lol
Also, I will note, on my visits to Europe, Germany in particular where they had very impresssive and expensive record shops, Maiden was held in much higher esteem musically.

No Hate,
I think all 500 METLE sold out in 48hrs ?

If executed correctly 700 ? (wild guess ) IMDN LE will sell out in the same period. The demand from Europe and Australia will be massive ! Extremely pumped, have been waiting 10 years for this title

#1556 6 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

No Hate,
If executed correctly 700 ? (wild guess )

666, for sure.

Quoted from RA77:

IMDN LE will sell out in the same period. The demand from Europe and Australia will be massive ! Extremely pumped, have been waiting 10 years for this title

It'd be lightning quick if Stern hadn't shot themselves in the foot with PF ghosting issues, then cabinet splitting issues, then general cheaping out, then nowhere close to even 1.0 software at launch. It'll probably still sell out, but Stern isn't doing themselves any favors with one bad move after another.

#1557 6 years ago

Shaker, and real Backglass, killer audio system as standard vital for LE success
Would be awesome to have the option for PDI glass ? and of course the LCD will complete the package.

Has to have call outs from Bruce similar style as James in MET, Adult and fun callouts, for adult mode.
Hope Bruce and the band are keen for input on the game.

Don't forget set list request please Gary

The Trooper
Run to the hills
Can I Play with madness
2 Minutes to Midnight
Hallowed be thy name
Wasted years
Fear of the dark
Wrathchild
Seventh son of a seventh son
Power slave
+ a couple of tracks from the new albums +a couple of bonus live tracks

Don't want much do I, lol

#1558 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And we are all grateful for that!

I'm not and not because I don't want JJP building it I don't want it to be built at all. James Bond would be great, Looney Tunes if it has to be kiddie like man the themes that get thrown around here suck most of the time.

#1559 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm not and not because I don't want JJP building it I don't want it to be built at all. James Bond would be great, Looney Tunes if it has to be kiddie like man the themes that get thrown around here suck most of the time.

Okay, we're all grateful, with the exception of Hazoff, that JJP may have the GnR license.

#1560 6 years ago

I don't mind if JJP makes another GNR I would rather see something different though as I am happy with the original GNR which I think is a great game I just rather see another
Theme that has not been made yet.

#1561 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Okay, we're all grateful, with the exception of Hazoff, that JJP may have the GnR license.

Thank you sir, I feel much better now.

#1562 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Everyone but Hazoff and jgentry.

Nothing against JJP, I just don't care for another license remake from JJP and I'm not paying $9500 for it.

#1563 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Everyone but Hazoff and jgentry.
Nothing against JJP, I just don't care for another license remake from JJP and I'm not paying $9500 for it.

Then buy the standard. Or wait a few years and get it used for $7500. The DE GnR is just *okay*. A newer take with more toys and much better sound would be great.

#1564 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Then buy the standard. Or wait a few years and get it used for $7500. The DE GnR is just *okay*. A newer take with more toys and much better sound would be great.

In 3 years when it comes out they would be closer to 11K based on current pinflation. Granted that might include the LE buckethead topper. Stern would charge an extra $500 for it.

#1565 6 years ago

Marvels Black Panther !!!

#1566 6 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

No Hate,
If executed correctly 700 ? (wild guess ) IMDN LE will sell out in the same period. The demand from Europe and Australia will be massive ! Extremely pumped, have been waiting 10 years for this title

It probably doesn’t help that their biggest hit is an Englishman lecturing Americans about colonialism, of all things. It boggles the brain. It would require a Pom to be fully unaware of the irony.

Enjoy that LE The Backglass should be epic!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1567 6 years ago

I want Sci Fi from JJP, original or licensed. Blade Runner? yep sounds good to me.

#1568 6 years ago

It probably doesn’t help that their biggest hit is an Englishman lecturing Americans about colonialism, of all things. It boggles the brain. It would require a Pom to be fully unaware of the irony.
Enjoy that LE The Backglass should be epic!

The bigger Irony is an Englishman lecturing anyone on colonialism. Remember, we came from Britain who were the first colonists in America.

#1569 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

The bigger Irony is an Englishman lecturing anyone on colonialism. Remember, we came from Britain who were the first colonists in America.

we’re saying the same thing lol. And a downvote?? Geez, tough crowd this pinside

#1570 6 years ago

we’re saying the same thing lol. And a downvote?? Geez, tough crowd this pinside

Another reason I only upvote. I disagree with some posts here but wouldn't downvote them. There's enough negative energy around, so only upvotes from me. I once suggested here that you "earn" downvotes to dole out by upvoting, so if you haven't been positive and supportive, you can't be negative. Still think it would be a good idea.

#1571 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I want Sci Fi from JJP, original or licensed. Blade Runner? yep sounds good to me.

Night Gallery, which could be a TZ updated version or Tales from the Darkside or Creepshow

#1572 6 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Night Gallery, which could be a TZ updated version or Tales from the Darkside or Creepshow

Yes, Creepshow for me would be a dream theme, The Hitchhiker as well. that coming on in the wee hours with certain chemicals running wild in the old blood stream was truly magical, Tales too.

#1573 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I get all hyped up about new releases... Then I remember they take years to finish, if ever.
I'm starting to think when the next title is announced I should buy that new minivan my wife says we need. By the time the game is done my wallet will have recovered from the vehicle purchase & I can then buy the game.
Woe is me. Woe is me.

First world problems Brotatochip.

#1574 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Good job prefacing that you know nothing about Iron Maiden.

Iron Maiden plays in STADIUMS arcross the world and sells out arenas to this day in the U.S. you are seriously underestimating their popularity.

#1575 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Another reason I only upvote. I disagree with some posts here but wouldn't downvote them. There's enough negative energy around, so only upvotes from me. I once suggested here that you "earn" downvotes to dole out by upvoting, so if you haven't been positive and supportive, you can't be negative. Still think it would be a good idea.

#1576 6 years ago
Quoted from Cantaffordgames:

Iron Maiden plays in STADIUMS arcross the world and sells out arenas to this day in the U.S. you are seriously underestimating their popularity.

Yup.

This is going to be the first LE for a while that will sell out quick, especially if they do 666 or less.

#1577 6 years ago

You quoted the wrong person, I definitely know Iron Maiden is STILL one of the biggest acts in music.

#1578 6 years ago

I'll play any pinball machine that's well designed and enjoy it, but as a theme, I can't get even mildly excited by Iron Maiden. Now, I have played Elwin's Archer and I thought it was pretty dang cool, but layering Iron Maiden on that is a downgrade of sorts.

Not every game has to be for me personally though, so for all those happy about Iron Maiden as a theme, enjoy it.

#1579 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

In 3 years when it comes out they would be closer to 11K based on current pinflation. Granted that might include the LE buckethead topper. Stern would charge an extra $500 for it.

Since JJP has had pins installed at GnR shows for Slash, I bet they're already on it and doubt it's 3 years out. We have Toy Story, possibly late this year, then Gene Wilder's Willy Wonka in mid 2019, then what? Muppets were on the original leaked list, but I can't imagine they're still on it. So maybe GnR late 2019? That's not that far off...

#1580 6 years ago

I am a really big fan of the Archer layout and also a huge Zombie Yeti fan, so 2 out of 3 ain’t bad!

Remember when Ghostbusters was revealed? A big reason why everyone went nuts initially was because of the art package. This could easily happen again.

#1581 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Since JJP has had pins installed at GnR shows for Slash, I bet they're already on it and doubt it's 3 years out. We have Toy Story, possibly late this year, then Gene Wilder's Willy Wonka in mid 2019, then what? Muppets were on the original leaked list, but I can't imagine they're still on it. So maybe GnR late 2019? That's not that far off...

And that means a ton of Slash call outs which will be good.

Never liked the Hobbit but it did sound superb.

GnR on a JJP sound system is sure gonna rock!

#1582 6 years ago

I said it before Van Helsing the movie 2004 wil be a great pinball theme.
Its more a Monsterbash on steroids.
Van Helsing, Anna , frankenstein, dracula, Q is a sort off merlin magic, werewolves instead of trolls, the vampire girls ( sluts) ,dr jekyl, and the born vampire creatures for a wizard mode.
Make a Multi level pinball with dracula's castle.
Let the werewolves defend the castle.
Instead of the MM castle bridge/gate put in the tommy mirror (castle wall) it to go to the ice castle.
The trolls wil be the werewolves then.
With all the characters you can do almost everything you want.

There is only one problem..... to many parts for a Stern pro.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1583 6 years ago

There was some talk about what parts would be removed from Archer original design to be a "pro".
But from the video footage of Archer gameplay, I dont really see there being much extra on them that could be removed?

Is it not mainly orbits, loops, a center spinner and 4 flippers?

#1584 6 years ago

Well I'm guessing with the next Sterns release will be Do it Yourself Kit where you can build your own pinball machine after purchase.

No more modding needed to fix Sterns Splitting Cabinets, Wrinkling Decals, loose and incorrectly installed parts etc etc etc.
Think of the time and cost savings for Stern.
Then again, It will most likely be the same price we pay now.

#1585 6 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Well I'm guessing with the next Sterns release will be Do it Yourself Kit where you can build your own pinball machine after purchase.
No more modding needed to fix Sterns Splitting Cabinets, Wrinkling Decals, loose and incorrectly installed parts etc etc etc.
Think of the time and cost savings for Stern.
Then again, It will most likely be the same price we pay now.

Pick your theme, and pick your parts

#1586 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

I said it before Van Helsing the movie 2004 wil be a great pinball theme.
Its more a Monsterbash on steroids.
Van Helsing, Anna , frankenstein, dracula, Q is a sort off merlin magic, werewolves instead of trolls, the vampire girls ( sluts) ,dr jekyl, and the born vampire creatures for a wizard mode.
Make a Multi level pinball with dracula's castle.
Let the werewolves defend the castle.
Instead of the MM castle bridge/gate put in the tommy mirror (castle wall) it to go to the ice castle.
The trolls wil be the werewolves then.
With all the characters you can do almost everything you want.
There is only one problem..... to many parts for a Stern pro.

I like Van Helsing and UnderWorld. Make an original pin with vampire lycan action.

#1587 6 years ago

This would make for a great LE.

3CD1070D-9929-4669-8C71-2C5F54BE3778.jpeg3CD1070D-9929-4669-8C71-2C5F54BE3778.jpeg

#1588 6 years ago

Well,wouldn't it be cool to have Kapow do another,Special pin,like,say,The Beatles,in like October???

#1589 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Well,wouldn't it be cool to have Kapow do another,Special pin,like,say,The Beatles,in like October???

That is what I’m hoping for as
Maiden and Deadpool don’t excite me much as themes!

#1590 6 years ago

All of this talk about iron maiden I am thinking an Eddie themed Halloween costume this year.

I guess I am just going to keep kicking this horse until it arrives.

I really like children of the damned. I do want an iron maiden pinball too.

#1591 6 years ago

Forgive me if it’s in the preceeding 1600 posts, but has anyone heard rumors of a Wonder Woman licensed theme. It seems like a good one.

#1592 6 years ago

It's definitely IM with ZY artwork.

As for playfield, I'm not so sure they're using Archer. Heard Keith is "un-trudeauing" the existing IM layout (remember it was announced long ago JT and ZY were doing another game so that makes sense)

And let's be honest - Modern Stern would not produce a PF like Archer had.

#1593 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

As for playfield, I'm not so sure they're using Archer. Heard Keith is "un-trudeauing" the existing IM layout (remember it was announced long ago JT and ZY were doing another game so that makes sense)

That's a shame. I don't want a brutally fast game with short ball times on a MUSIC pin. Stern, don't make me pass on one of my grail pins.

#1594 6 years ago

How about a Stranger Things pinball, or some kind of horror or sci-fi theme.

#1595 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

We will find out soon. Rumor is that Iron Maiden is a variation of the Archer layout though and that Trudeau was on Deadpool and now Gomez is finishing it.

#1596 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

We will find out soon. Rumor is that Iron Maiden is a variation of the Archer layout though and that Trudeau was on Deadpool and now Gomez is finishing it.

Well Deadpool Playfield looks very GomezIsh, could be. (backboard ramp similar to BDK and right ramp sword similar to the lord of the rings, center spinner shot like MB/LOTR, left ramp habitrail powder coated red and similar feed like Bat66) Certainly makes a little more sense because Keith has been with Stern since March 2017.

#1597 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Don't necessarily agree, Archer playfield didn't have any real standout expensive ball interaction toys. Had up/down scoop like Harley had a captive ball like family guy, and a spiral thingy center ramp shot like Austin powers other than that 4 flippers and multiple ramps and an up/down ramp flap. Stern could definitely make this. What it does have is fantastic flow and some great shots.

#1598 6 years ago

Iron Maiden plays in STADIUMS arcross the world

Some of those crowds they get in South America are beyond belief. Megadeth does great down there too ... seems like if you want to get an 80s metal crowd experience today, you need to go anywhere but the US and A .

#1599 6 years ago

I truly hope Keith's Archer is produced, Love the theme and think it looks awesome!
For me Archer has a great deal of merit.

Looking forward to Keith's skill and innovation with IMDN

and Deadpool as well another cool theme ( the callouts are going to be insane, I want to be in stitches please George , wow, i'm gonna have to sell a kidney to get these titles ! mm I will be in stitches, lol

#1600 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I still prefer stock Iron Maiden art vs. an interpretation of Maiden art. Just another reason why I'm holding off until I see the entire package. Please take my money if it's a bad ass rock and roll pin Like ACDC or Met!! The license demands it!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
BomberMods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 27.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.95
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 47,045 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 941.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/32?hl=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.