DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG
dr (resized).jpg
IMG_2624 (resized).jpeg
Nelson (resized).png
Andre (resized).png
dad_lg-min (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 329 of 937.
#16401 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

It's been determined previously that about 25% of pinball buyers are on Pinside in some capacity. This conclusion was reached by comparing known quantities of a given title versus registered owners on Pinside, combined with some other math to account for variables, such as people keeping their collections private, ect.
Someone laid it all out in a thread once. And from what I've seen, it seems about right. Pinsiders represent probably the single largest group of buyers in one place, but not even close to a majority of buyers.

If this is true, then this comment makes even more sense:

Quoted from John0560:

People that are buying new 6-15k dollar machines are already screwed up in the head enough and addicted enough to this hobby to not be on here. I value your opinion as a fellow pimsider but respectfully disagree.

NIB buyers are people who DGAF about what it is I.E. commercial operators who buy Pros and addicts with too much money to blow on LEs.

#16402 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Scooby has never ended. It's relevant to every generation since it started.

It also throws meat to its older fans who grew up with it, and might otherwise start to feel it hasn't 'matured' along with them - see Zombie Island, What's New Scooby Doo and Mystery Incorporated in particular.

#16403 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Classic rock is timeless, and all generations know it and like it. Check out all the music reaction videos on Youtube...20-somethings are listening to AC/DC, Rush, etc and LOVING it.

Know what they would love even more? Music from their generation.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Because modern Scooby is killing it, isn't? People can't get enough of Scoob, can they? The same gray hairs are green-lighting Scooby "because we liked it 50 years ago".

#16404 2 years ago

You are truly out of touch if you believe this haha. Also...Rush is prog rock and AC/DC is hard rock. There really is no such thing as “classic rock” outside of the lens of radio formatting. It’s an utterly useless term for listeners to use as it refers to no style in particular (other than the umbrella of “guitar based rock”) and the term continues to absorb newer artists as time progresses. For example...I heard a Foo Fighters song from 20 years ago on a classic rock station the other day. But are they classic rock? Anyway....don’t mind me. I’m annoying.

Classic rock is timeless, and all generations know it and like it. Check out all the music reaction videos on Youtube...20-somethings are listening to AC/DC, Rush, etc and LOVING it.

#16405 2 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Maybe they just like music. Good music is forever.

Because modern Scooby is killing it, isn't? People can't get enough of Scoob, can they? The same gray hairs are green-lighting Scooby "because we liked it 50 years ago".

WB doesn't make Scooby for charity. They make it cuz people watch it/buy it/buy merch. People buy things when they like them. I dunno, weird.

#16406 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

You are truly out of touch if you believe this haha. Also...Rush is prog rock and AC/DC is hard rock. There really is no such thing as “classic rock” outside of the lens of radio formatting. It’s an utterly useless term for listeners to use as it refers to no style in particular (other than the umbrella of “guitar based rock”) and the term continues to absorb newer artists as time progresses. For example...I heard a Foo Fighters song from 20 years ago on a classic rock station the other day. But are they classic rock? Anyway....don’t mind me. I’m annoying.

OMG, f*cking music nerds....

Sorry I used the wrong terms! Point was still valid.

#16407 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

There may be 30 people on Pinside wanting Big Trouble pin, and that probably translates into 30 people iworldwide. Don’t allow the smoke by Big Trouble in Little China cloud your mirror, it is an illusion.

With The Rock wanting to remake it, it may yet come around again. But if they do a pin of it, I want the classic version, not a Rock-ified one.

#16408 2 years ago

I always considered classic rock to be rock music from the 60s and 70s. But that is probably technically incorrect.

It may be a rolling range - rock music made over 40 years ago. For example, rock music made today in 2060 would be called 'classic rock'?

#16409 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

With The Rock wanting to remake it, it may yet come around again. But if they do a pin of it, I want the classic version, not a Rock-ified one.

Turns out the Rock produced version has been percolating since 2015 and its not completed yet. The big news is that the new film will be a continuation of the story rather than a remake. That sounds fascinating but since Stern waits 30-40 years before making a pin, we can expect to see that in 2051.

#16410 2 years ago

Stern should take a page out of the old Bally book, and use themes based on current day pop culture, not stuff from the past. In the late 1970's Bally made Evel K, Capt Fan, Six Mill Man, Dolly, Wizard, Kiss, Supersonic, Playboy....ALL current topics/themes of the day.

So what topics similar to above, but current for today? I'm an old fart and don't keep up with stuff like that, so I honestly don't know. What I do know is, in the 1970's I was a kid and these themes had me sold enough, to dump hundreds of quarters into them whenever I could. Motorcycles, boobs, rockers, boobs, bionics, boobs....Mission accomplished, marketing department !

#16411 2 years ago
Quoted from John0560:

I will tell you what the community wants:
1.Higher quality sculpted toys.
2.Cheaper priced, higher quality toppers, the kind that are not always sold out
3.Playfields that dont pool or chip with inserts that don't ghost.
4. UV kits as a standard.
Themes:
1. Big Trouble in Little China
2. Beetlejuice
3. BTTF ( hopefully they make it )
4. Akira
5. Die Hard pt.1
Just to name a few, for sure 1-3.

Again...YOUR opinion. I wouldnt even want to play a Big Trouble. Cant freaking stand it. If they made one id be hoping to not like the way it plays so i can hate it outright lol.

Ultimately ill buy whatever is good as long as i dont hate the theme but my top themes would probably be,

CARTOONS/COMICS/VIDEO GAMES
-Futurama
-Invincible
-Sonic the Hedgehog (16bit era)

MOVIES
-Bill and Ted
-Back to the Future

MUSIC
-Queen
-WuTang (36 Chambers)

Im sure plenty of people will HATE my wanted list. Im nerdy. Thats life man.

#16412 2 years ago
Quoted from illudiumQ36:

Stern should take a page out of the old Bally book, and use themes based on current day pop culture, not stuff from the past. In the late 1970's Bally made Evel K, Capt Fan, Six Mill Man, Dolly, Wizard, Kiss, Supersonic, Playboy....ALL current topics/themes of the day.
So what topics similar to above, but current for today? I'm an old fart and don't keep up with stuff like that, so I honestly don't know. What I do know is, in the 1970's I was a kid and these themes had me sold enough, to dump hundreds of quarters into them whenever I could. Motorcycles, boobs, rockers, boobs, bionics, boobs....Mission accomplished, marketing department !

need some cowbell! and more boobs.

#16413 2 years ago

If someday the most bad ass pin in history adequately themed by Pink Floyd doesn't exist, humanity itself was wasted. Js.

#16414 2 years ago

Do you have kids? Scooby has team up with Batman, WWE Wrestlers in recent years and had a full cross over episode Teen Titans last year. Scooby Lego Dimensions and Lego sets. Scooby is still relevant. More than Jetsons.

#16415 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

need some cowbell! and more boobs.

and more Black Sabbath!! Actually hoping JJP gets that title as their next music pin with an assist by Slash. That would leave Pink Floyd for Stern. Let’s do it Stern, NOW. Pink Floyd !!!

442150B5-8072-4C94-A1A5-F0DC6218569F.jpeg442150B5-8072-4C94-A1A5-F0DC6218569F.jpeg

47E89BC2-3FD9-47C3-8986-E88B5161A6C4.jpeg47E89BC2-3FD9-47C3-8986-E88B5161A6C4.jpeg
#16416 2 years ago

I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell...

#16417 2 years ago

Down this way in South Florida, people associated with the industry have led us all to believe it’s Back to the Future. I think it could be linked to a cartoon movie or series, from the 1970’s or 80’s, that is unrelated to BTTF. Cheers!

#16418 2 years ago

I would love to see a Mandalorian with the storyboard art used at the end of the episodes.
The art is really good.
1FA43607-ACAA-4918-B100-A4E0E35C9FAD (resized).jpeg1FA43607-ACAA-4918-B100-A4E0E35C9FAD (resized).jpeg

#16419 2 years ago
Quoted from illudiumQ36:

The two eras are fundamentally different for machine sales. In the 70's, the arcade was huge & relevant, and 100% of sales were to operators.

Today the arcade is dead, and a good majority of sales are to home buyers - who are buying a "collectible" based on nostalgic things they love.

#16420 2 years ago
Quoted from Bazzy34:

Down this way in South Florida, people associated with the industry have led us all to believe it’s Back to the Future.

Never trust Florida Man.

#16421 2 years ago

Your thoughts are valid but your point was not.

Quoted from Rarehero:

94CDBB4B-A225-4800-A4C8-C6BF25BE8DA2 (resized).png94CDBB4B-A225-4800-A4C8-C6BF25BE8DA2 (resized).png
#16422 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Again...YOUR opinion. I wouldnt even want to play a Big Trouble. Cant freaking stand it. If they made one id be hoping to not like the way it plays so i can hate it outright lol.
Ultimately ill buy whatever is good as long as i dont hate the theme but my top themes would probably be,
CARTOONS/COMICS/VIDEO GAMES
-Futurama
-Invincible
-Sonic the Hedgehog (16bit era)
MOVIES
-Bill and Ted
-Back to the Future
MUSIC
-Queen
-WuTang (36 Chambers)
Im sure plenty of people will HATE my wanted list. Im nerdy. Thats life man.

Day one buyer of Futurama & Queen .

#16423 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Your thoughts are valid but your point was not.
[quoted image]

Yes it was. The "kids" won't buy a pinball machine of their favorite music genre. They will, however, enjoy a classic rock pin if one is in front of them.

#16424 2 years ago

I happen to actually have a location that is full of kids ages 5-25. Out of 13 pins at any given time the rock band pins consistently earn the least with younger inexperienced players and higher with older pinheads (judging by earnings and ball/ game length in audits. Believe it.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Yes it was. The "kids" won't buy a pinball machine of their favorite music genre. They will, however, enjoy a classic rock pin if one is in front of them.

#16425 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I happen to actually have a location that is full of kids ages 5-25. Out of 13 pins at any given time the rock band pins consistently earn the least with younger inexperienced players and higher with older pinheads (judging by earnings and ball/ game length in audits. Believe it.

which pins make the most money at the end of the day?

#16426 2 years ago

I'm betting Adams Family and Stranger Things.....operators please weigh in.

#16427 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Do you have kids? Scooby has team up with Batman, WWE Wrestlers in recent years and had a full cross over episode Teen Titans last year. Scooby Lego Dimensions and Lego sets. Scooby is still relevant. More than Jetsons.

Jetsons haven’t been relevant in years. Look at the different Scooby Doo cartoons on Netflix alone from the last couple of years. KISS was even on an episode of Scooby Doo. Scooby will be a hit for Spooky. How much jetson merch is made today and cartoons based on them compared to Scooby? No comparison.

#16428 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nope. You used the right term and were dead on correct. I disagreed with everything in his argument until his last statement...

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’m annoying.

#16429 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Home sales > Op sales at the moment...so, you're going to see titles that appeal to people who buy for home. Don't put rock pins in your location if they don't perform. Plenty of modern themes like Avengers, Stranger Things, and Stern's next game are available that will work for you & the home buyers.

#16430 2 years ago

Now you’re both wrong haha. And, please beelzeboob youre one of the most insufferable pinsiders of all time haha.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Nope. You used the right term and were dead on correct. I disagreed with everything in his argument until his last statement...

TSPP SP LOTR GB...and slew of others, film, TV and cartoon themes kill it.

#16431 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Now you’re both wrong haha. And, please beelzeboob youre one of the most insufferable pinsiders of all time haha.

...and you're wrong again. But you're good at that, so please do continue.

#16432 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The "kids" won't buy a pinball machine of their favorite music genre. They will, however, enjoy a classic rock pin if one is in front of them.

Seems like you're still categorizing Age 0-45 as one demographic.

#16433 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I always considered classic rock to be rock music from the 60s and 70s. But that is probably technically incorrect.
It may be a rolling range - rock music made over 40 years ago. For example, rock music made today in 2060 would be called 'classic rock'?

I was listening to a Classic Rock station today and they played Green Day and STP. I’m getting old

#16434 2 years ago

The funny thing about facts is that you don’t have to believe them in order for them to be true, but I guess you’d have to think long and hard on that as someone who barely graduated high school. Anyway...the majority of 20 somethings consume an overwhelming amount of pop and hip hop, that’s a fact. I’ll post this again...maybe you can get someone to read it for you.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

...and you're wrong again. But you're good at that, so please do continue.

B5F1D4F1-4C49-458D-B2F2-06DA44CB7D06 (resized).pngB5F1D4F1-4C49-458D-B2F2-06DA44CB7D06 (resized).png

#16435 2 years ago

Kaneda podcast today says not mortal kombat. Not Harry Potter. Not a movie. A tv show that isn’t finished. Playfield has a wooded area. My guess is still Mandalorian. Mando isn’t done with episodes. I believe the scenes had some wooded are in last few episodes. We’ll see what happens

#16436 2 years ago

Seems like you're still categorizing Age 0-45 as one demographic.

How so? I'm in that demographic...lol...also, I feel like we're fighting and I don't know why. Anyway, enjoy Mando, everyone!

#16437 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Anyway...the majority of 20 somethings consume an overwhelming amount of pop and hip hop, that’s a fact. I’ll post this again...maybe you can get someone to read it for you

They don't buy pins. Pinball companies that make themes for people who buy pins sell pins. A pop/hip-hop theme might do good coin-drop at your particular location. Cool. That's one sale. AC/DC, Metallica & GnR are filling thousands of home game rooms.

#16438 2 years ago

You’re not particularly great at following your own subject. I have been focused on this quoted statement alone. It is patently false.

#16439 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

You’re not particularly great at following your own subject. I have been focused on this quoted statement alone. It is patently false.

Ya know...I really don't care. I hope you get all the themes you want. I'm gonna go play AC/DC. Peace.

#16440 2 years ago
Quoted from John0560:

Well their customer base in on Pinside. They are only selling because options are so limited and people break down and buy this crap. Its not what you want, it's what they give you. Cheap crap. It gets cheaper quality and more expensive every release. Copy and paste on a pre designed layout. No sculpted anything, no decent mechs anymore. A blimp. Look at GnR and how much of a masterpiece it is. My old ass DM is built way better than any new stern. It wont change, they need to start taking notes from JJP and Spooky. You can accept crap and you will keep getting crapped on. I know they read this stuff and they know competitors are stepping up the pinball game, hopefully they do the same. Pinball can be so much better people, and it should be for the price. Quit making excuses for them, it doesnt' help the hobby. Instead push for better results, make them earn the lifestyle brand crap they say they are.

Ok, now this makes more sense. Yes, we all want more toys, better quality and real technical support. Who doesnt? I took your post to mean the themes they offer. I played LZ and its bare AF, and not fun at all. Thats just my opinion though and other people love it. Problem is, we keep buying them, so why would they change it up? There are other options, but obviously, all other manufactures combined cannot out produce Stern. Gary is setting up for retirement, so any money spend on the BOM is less in his pocket. Thing is, I think Stern generally makes some outstanding pins, but GnR is next level greatness. I never expect that from Stern.

#16441 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Kaneda podcast today says not mortal kombat. Not Harry Potter. Not a movie. A tv show that isn’t finished. Playfield has a wooded area. My guess is still Mandalorian. Mando isn’t done with episodes. I believe the scenes had some wooded are in last few episodes. We’ll see what happens

The Umbrella Academy fits that description and would make a cool pinball machine.

#16442 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Playfield has a wooded area.

Twin Pines Mall. BTTF confirmed.

#16443 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Jetsons haven’t been relevant in years. Look at the different Scooby Doo cartoons on Netflix alone from the last couple of years. KISS was even on an episode of Scooby Doo. Scooby will be a hit for Spooky. How much jetson merch is made today and cartoons based on them compared to Scooby? No comparison.

.....that was my point

#16444 2 years ago
Screenshot_20210421-210630_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210421-210630_Chrome (resized).jpgpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#16445 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Music made today doesnt even last a year. People dont buy albums, they buy songs. New "music" will not translate at all, or sell to us grey hairs that have the $$$ to spend.

#16446 2 years ago

Apathy, the only way to save face. Typical Gen X move haha.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Ya know...I really don't care. I hope you get all the themes you want. I'm gonna go play AC/DC. Peace.

#16447 2 years ago

The Umbrella Academy season one was good Not the second and would make a poor Pinball machine.
The Mandalorian Would not be that great a title regardless how cool that show was .
I do not know of a Tv Series running right now i want to see period. Do you?
the only show i am craving to come back is Superman and Family episode 6

#16448 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Music made today doesnt even last a year. People dont buy albums, they buy songs. New "music" will not translate at all, or sell to us grey hairs that have the $$$ to spend.

Really interesting how a couple decades are completely forgotten on this forum, and 30-to-40-year-olds have no money. I have money for Beastie Boys, Eminem, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, STP, Soundgarden, Offspring, Smashing Pumpkins, RHCP, Radiohead, Green Day, Foo Fighters, and Michael Jackson.

#16449 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

How many of those kids can afford to throw 8 gs at a pin? Not many. Sure they put $10 bucks into whatever pin they want, but they arent going home and ordering NIB.

Greyhairs are and Stern knows their market.

#16450 2 years ago

Really interesting how a couple decades are completely forgotten on this forum, and 30-to-40-year-olds have no money. I have money for Beastie Boys, Eminem, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, STP, Soundgarden, Smashing Pumpkins, RHCP, Radiohead, Green Day, Foo Fighters, and Michael Jackson.

Umm, that is 90s music, 30 years ago and Im sure Stern will change as needed, they know their market. You may not have grey hair, but you might as well be considered one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Methuen, MA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 329 of 937.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/329 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.