DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG
dr (resized).jpg
IMG_2624 (resized).jpeg
Nelson (resized).png
Andre (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 328 of 937.
#16351 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Stern please make a Star Wars Jar Jar Binks Edition!
I'll save money and piss myself laughing at the same time
[quoted image]

Yousa meesa da ball, yousa suck.
Star wars would make such a great pin but it seems every one that has been done has missed its mark. The last Stern attempt may have been a bare ass PF and, to me, a ripoff but it is definitely an ass kicker.

#16352 2 years ago

Stern is trying to reach the Everyman with their pinball machines so ..... where is my breakfast/lunch based pin?

D9256036-1C9E-49C8-B6FF-FA23C6AD28A6.jpegD9256036-1C9E-49C8-B6FF-FA23C6AD28A6.jpegDE4DEBE1-86F1-4F10-983D-72274820AFCA.jpegDE4DEBE1-86F1-4F10-983D-72274820AFCA.jpeg
#16353 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Stern please make a Star Wars Jar Jar Binks Edition!
I'll save money and piss myself laughing at the same time
[quoted image]

"Hit messa bobble head for big points"! Signature edition for $15k comes with an original film used piece of a rubber Jar Jar Binks head.

#16354 2 years ago

Waiting on "A Very Brady Pinball"...

#16355 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

No Time to Die
007 [quoted image]

Yep, i really would like a Daniel Craig 007 pinball machine, obviously the best james bond performer

#16356 2 years ago

OK Stern, now we need a 80s transformers pin
And we want this on the playfield!!!

#16357 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Stern is trying to reach the Everyman with their pinball machines so ..... where is my breakfast/lunch based pin?
[quoted image][quoted image]

This is DR long awaited next release, after RAZA of course!

#16358 2 years ago

The only music pin I want to see is a Weird Al Yankovich.

#16359 2 years ago
Quoted from John0560:

Fuck all the other nonsense in this thread. THIS is what we need. It would sell, not joking. A pin to unite us all.

#16360 2 years ago
Quoted from John0560:

You win the internet.

#16361 2 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Fuck all the other nonsense in this thread. THIS is what we need. It would sell, not joking. A pin to unite us all.

Im not sure how the artwork, toys or mechs would look like but the music and sound effects would be a blast. It would definitely be interesting.

#16362 2 years ago
Quoted from PilotPinball:

You win the internet.

I dont want serious music in a pin, I want funny shit. I want to laugh before I cry when the ball drains

#16363 2 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

One of my favorite beef jerky’s been having since college. Can’t find one that’s better, and then finally redid the website. https://www.jcrivers.com/

My Stern Sleestack Pinball Machine Jerky has arrived! Thanks for the tip

E647B205-1F36-42E0-B3E6-0983AFBDE3C9 (resized).jpegE647B205-1F36-42E0-B3E6-0983AFBDE3C9 (resized).jpeg
#16364 2 years ago

You know you want this!

you want it (resized).jpgyou want it (resized).jpg
#16365 2 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

OK Stern, now we need a 80s transformers pin
And we want this on the playfield!!!

Topper . Converts when you qualify or activate a mode on the playfield

#16366 2 years ago

New Poll for predicting the next Stern pin going on “r/pinball” on Reddit right now. BTTF leading Mando at the moment. MK and Godzilla closely trailing.

#16367 2 years ago

***DISCLAIMER LONG RANT*** PLEASE TROLL

So Stern: self proclaimed "Lifestyle brand"

According to wikipedia: A lifestyle brand is a brand that attempts to embody the values, aspirations, interests, attitudes, or opinions of a group or a culture for marketing purposes.[1] Lifestyle brands seek to inspire, guide, and motivate people, with the goal of their products contributing to the definition of the consumer's way of life. As such, they are closely associated with the advertising and other promotions used to gain mind share in their target market.[2] They often operate from an ideology, hoping to attract a relatively high number of people and ultimately become a recognised social phenomenon.

When has stern given the pinsiders what they have asked for lately? Did we ask for LZ? Hell no. Did we ask for Turtles, no but it is still pretty cool. Did we ask for Star wars to be better?... Have we been asking for Godzilla? No. James Bond? No. This thread represents years of requests from the fans that have been denied. So if you are going to "embody the values, aspirations, interests, attitudes, or opinions of a group or a culture" start giving us what we want, not what you or your designers want. This is your target market here not Netflix or Disney. Start caring more about your true fans, pinball people. We keep your doors open Stern.

****PLEASE SHARE WITH STERN EXECUTIVES*****

#16368 2 years ago
Quoted from John0560:

According to wikipedia: A lifestyle brand is a brand that attempts to embody the values, aspirations, interests, attitudes, or opinions of a group or a culture for marketing purposes.[1] Lifestyle brands seek to inspire, guide, and motivate people, with the goal of their products contributing to the definition of the consumer's way of life. As such, they are closely associated with the advertising and other promotions used to gain mind share in their target market.[2] They often operate from an ideology, hoping to attract a relatively high number of people and ultimately become a recognised social phenomenon.
When has stern given the pinsiders what they have asked for lately? Did we ask for LZ? Hell no. Did we ask for Turtles, no but it is still pretty cool. Did we ask for Star wars to be better?... Have we been asking for Godzilla? No. James Bond? No. This thread represents years of requests from the fans that have been denied. So if you are going to "embody the values, aspirations, interests, attitudes, or opinions of a group or a culture" start giving us what we want, not what you or your designers want. This is your target market here not Netflix or Disney. Start caring more about your true fans, pinball people. We keep your doors open Stern.

Lol. Ok, so Stern should send out an email asking what every pin buyer what they should make? Yea ok. Have you seen some of the stupid suggestions in here?

Also, people have requested LZ and IMDN seems to have been willed into production via pinside. The pins are selling like hotcakes, so they are producing what people want, just not necessarily what you want.

#16369 2 years ago
Quoted from John0560:

I think what you're saying is that you want a High Speed 3, but BKSoR got kind of a lukewarm response AND Ritchie just finished LZ. So I don't think that he'll be doing the next one.

#16370 2 years ago
Quoted from John0560:

Unless this is sarcasm, this is one of the more delusional posts i've read on this site. Which is saying something. They sell a ton, no matter what they release. I'm pretty sure they care more about being a succesful business than fullfilling requests. They are a pinball company, not a DJ.

#16371 2 years ago
Quoted from John0560:

I have been lurking this thread for six months and if you held a gun to my head, I couldn't really tell you what this community wants. As soon as someone mentions one idea, other people jump in to tell them why it's a terrible idea. If Stern listened to only us, I'm not sure anything would ever get released.

#16372 2 years ago
Quoted from shaunpurslow:

I have been lurking this thread for six months and if you held a gun to my head, I couldn't really tell you what this community wants. As soon as someone mentions one idea, other people jump in to tell them why it's a terrible idea. If Stern listened to only us, I'm not sure anything would ever get released.

Hey im not the one calling them a lifestyle brand. Lol

#16373 2 years ago
Quoted from John0560:

Im not sure how the artwork, toys or mechs would look like but the music and sound effects would be a blast. It would definitely be interesting.

I can imagine it perfectly.

#16374 2 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

I can imagine it perfectly.

My bologna, bologna spinner.

#16375 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Now that’s one movie I haven’t seen suggested. Probably better than 95% of those that have TBH.

Oh, I've mentioned it before. And Sophie's Choice, Das Boot and a bunch of other inappropriate pinball themes. I think maybe in an "inappropriate theme" thread or something. I don't remember...

#16376 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Lol. Ok, so Stern should send out an email asking what every pin buyer what they should make? Yea ok. Have you seen some of the stupid suggestions in here?
Also, people have requested LZ and IMDN seems to have been willed into production via pinside. The pins are selling like hotcakes, so they are producing what people want, just not necessarily what you want.

Well their customer base in on Pinside. They are only selling because options are so limited and people break down and buy this crap. Its not what you want, it's what they give you. Cheap crap. It gets cheaper quality and more expensive every release. Copy and paste on a pre designed layout. No sculpted anything, no decent mechs anymore. A blimp. Look at GnR and how much of a masterpiece it is. My old ass DM is built way better than any new stern. It wont change, they need to start taking notes from JJP and Spooky. You can accept crap and you will keep getting crapped on. I know they read this stuff and they know competitors are stepping up the pinball game, hopefully they do the same. Pinball can be so much better people, and it should be for the price. Quit making excuses for them, it doesnt' help the hobby. Instead push for better results, make them earn the lifestyle brand crap they say they are.

#16377 2 years ago

How about a 'Mystery Science 2000: Pin Edition'

- back glass is a full color video monitor like a virtual pin would have. the outlines of the commentator hosts positioned just like the TV series
- image content for the backglass would be a video stream of real play from any number of pinball machines, uploadable to an internal memory so a player could choose the pin upon starting a new game. possible to record your own video loop to share with others
- hosts would toss out random comments during game play based on players (lack of) skills and game targets being hit
- playfield would be themed after a host of iconic suitable EM and SS pins combined with MS2K action figures

I'm thinking this would be better suited to JJP or Spooky, but I'm not sure my budget is deep enough to buy one of those brands new

ATB - R

#16378 2 years ago
Quoted from Rodent:

- back glass is a full color video monitor like a virtual pin would have. the outlines of the commentator hosts positioned just like the TV series
- image content for the backglass would be a video stream of real play from any number of pinball machines, uploadable to an internal memory so a player could choose the pin upon starting a new game. possible to record your own video loop to share with others
- hosts would toss out random comments during game play based on players (lack of) skills and game targets being hit
- playfield would be themed after a host of iconic suitable EM and SS pins combined with MS2K action figures
I'm thinking this would be better suited to JJP or Spooky, but I'm not sure my budget is deep enough to buy one of those brands new
ATB - R

immediate buy for me, if done right could be an awesome machine.

#16379 2 years ago
Quoted from John0560:

Well their customer base in on Pinside.

This is, in my opinion, where you've got it wrong.
The majority of the contributors to this site are the (loud) minority of people actually buying NIB pinball machines.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

#16380 2 years ago
Quoted from shaunpurslow:

I will tell you what the community wants:
1.Higher quality sculpted toys.
2.Cheaper priced, higher quality toppers, the kind that are not always sold out
3.Playfields that dont pool or chip with inserts that don't ghost.
4. UV kits as a standard.

Themes:
1. Big Trouble in Little China
2. Beetlejuice
3. BTTF ( hopefully they make it )
4. Akira
5. Die Hard pt.1

Just to name a few, for sure 1-3.

#16381 2 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

The majority of the contributors to this site are the (loud) minority of people actually buying NIB pinball machines.

People that are buying new 6-15k dollar machines are already screwed up in the head enough and addicted enough to this hobby to not be on here. I value your opinion as a fellow pimsider but respectfully disagree.

#16382 2 years ago

Hmmm maybe more up Spooky’s alley but id rather Stern or JJP make this happen. Lots of toys and gimmicks please. The whole movie screams world under glass!

3C16CC8C-DEA9-4F45-BA11-18B1AD818172 (resized).png3C16CC8C-DEA9-4F45-BA11-18B1AD818172 (resized).png

#16383 2 years ago
Quoted from Wilberto757:

Hmmm maybe more up Spooky’s ally but id rather Stern or JJP make this happen. Lots of toys and gimmicks please. The whole movie screams world under glass!
[quoted image]

Sign me up! This title would be a good chance for Stern to up their game. I really want to like stern better, their games are fun. Just would like a little more bang for the buck.

#16384 2 years ago

That’s basically what Elvira House of Horrors is minus Joel and the bots. Lots of the same flicks.

Quoted from Rodent:

ATB - R

#16385 2 years ago

Looking at Market trends: - It would be foolish not to discount these rumors.

The Mandolorian
Troll Hunters, Lost In Space ( Another Netflix series )
Back to the Future
Jaws ( This has been forever rumored )
God help us not Superman
Svengoolie ( common guys make it so )

The High Def Audio spy equipment setup by the Pinball Podcast folks catches all the chitter chatter. ;0

#16386 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Yousa meesa da ball, yousa suck.
Star wars would make such a great pin but it seems every one that has been done has missed its mark. The last Stern attempt may have been a bare ass PF and, to me, a ripoff but it is definitely an ass kicker.

I for one love my Star Wars Pro. It's an excellent game with deep rules that is fun to play. Yes, it is a fast, ass kicker of a machine, but it just makes you a better player.

#16387 2 years ago

Stern SW is one of the best pins I’ve ever owned.

#16388 2 years ago
Quoted from John0560:

Well for a start, the base proof of concept layout would look like this.
WAY 290321 (resized).jpgWAY 290321 (resized).jpg

#16389 2 years ago
Quoted from Rodent:

ATB - R

Code it like EHOH. Show cheesy movie clips with the guys ripping on them. A MST?k pin would be pretty damn fun and funny. But then it would be a rethemed Elvira then with the satellite of love instead of a haunted house.

#16390 2 years ago

Would rather Stern handle Beetlejuice and Spooky handle Scooby Doo. If Scooby Doo is made then will be my first Spooky pin. Joined the fang club for early access just in case per wife’s orders. She loves SD as do I.

#16391 2 years ago
Quoted from Rodent:

ATB - R

This would be awesome.

#16392 2 years ago
Quoted from John0560:

People that are buying new 6-15k dollar machines are already screwed up in the head enough and addicted enough to this hobby to not be on here.

plz send to executives.
sincerely, a guy who is not a customer

#16393 2 years ago
Quoted from John0560:

I will tell you what the community wants:
1.Higher quality sculpted toys.
2.Cheaper priced, higher quality toppers, the kind that are not always sold out
3.Playfields that dont pool or chip with inserts that don't ghost.
4. UV kits as a standard.
Themes:
1. Big Trouble in Little China
2. Beetlejuice
3. BTTF ( hopefully they make it )
4. Akira
5. Die Hard pt.1
Just to name a few, for sure 1-3.

No

#16394 2 years ago

Lifestyle brands don’t send out surveys to their community. They set the trends they don’t blindly follow mob rule. Big Trouble in Little China might be a cool theme but would be a commercial flop. If y’all want it so bad, homebrew it.

#16395 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Lifestyle brands don’t send out surveys to their community. They set the trends they don’t blindly follow mob rule.

True. But Dad Rock? That's hardly setting a trend. That's gray hairs making decisions because their generation likes it. As a 40-year-old who loves pinball, it's one frustrating thing about the hobby. They're quickly becoming out of touch with a growing demographic. Spooky at least got it right with R&M. Scooby is a step backward though.

#16396 2 years ago

If the lifestyle brand is what they are going to stick with, all you need to do is look at past releases. They revisited every data East/Sega property that was popular.
They haven’t revisited a Car/vehicle theme in awhile. They did Bond , Godzilla and Back to the Future back then so those are all likely in the hopper. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be surprised if a sports-connected game comes soon, like a MLB or NFL title. Been awhile since they dipped their feet in sports.

If they do Star Wars, I hope it’s Mando, and if they do more Marvel, I would like to see Wandavision or Loki.

#16397 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Lifestyle brands don’t send out surveys to their community. They set the trends they don’t blindly follow mob rule. Big Trouble in Little China might be a cool theme but would be a commercial flop. If y’all want it so bad, homebrew it.

There may be 30 people on Pinside wanting Big Trouble pin, and that probably translates into 30 people iworldwide. Don’t allow the smoke by Big Trouble in Little China cloud your mirror, it is an illusion. Movie could have been made into a successful pin in 1990’s. Movie gets many thumbs ups today still, though it may be culturally insensitive for a post-2020 world. I’d rather a home brew did it anyways, as they can put caution to the wind and incorporate anything they want to.

#16398 2 years ago

True. But Dad Rock? That's hardly setting a trend. That's gray hairs making decisions because their generation likes it. As a 40-year-old who loves pinball, it's one frustrating thing about the hobby.

They are targeting younger buyers too. Stranger Things was geared towards younger pinheads. But we all know how much pinside lost their minds over STh. We shall see what’s to come. Harry Potter would crush. So would Mortal Kombat.

#16399 2 years ago
Quoted from John0560:

Well their customer base in on Pinside. They are only selling because options are so limited and people break down and buy this crap. Its not what you want, it's what they give you. Cheap crap. It gets cheaper quality and more expensive every release. Copy and paste on a pre designed layout. No sculpted anything, no decent mechs anymore. A blimp. Look at GnR and how much of a masterpiece it is. My old ass DM is built way better than any new stern. It wont change, they need to start taking notes from JJP and Spooky. You can accept crap and you will keep getting crapped on. I know they read this stuff and they know competitors are stepping up the pinball game, hopefully they do the same. Pinball can be so much better people, and it should be for the price. Quit making excuses for them, it doesnt' help the hobby. Instead push for better results, make them earn the lifestyle brand crap they say they are.

Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

It's been determined previously that about 25% of pinball buyers are on Pinside in some capacity. This conclusion was reached by comparing known quantities of a given title versus registered owners on Pinside, combined with some other math to account for variables, such as people keeping their collections private, ect.

Someone laid it all out in a thread once. And from what I've seen, it seems about right. Pinsiders represent probably the single largest group of buyers in one place, but not even close to a majority of buyers.

#16400 2 years ago

True. But Dad Rock? That's hardly setting a trend. That's gray hairs making decisions because their generation likes it

Classic rock is timeless, and all generations know it and like it. Check out all the music reaction videos on Youtube...20-somethings are listening to AC/DC, Rush, etc and LOVING it.

Spooky at least got it right with R&M. Scooby is a step backward though.

Scooby has never ended. It's relevant to every generation since it started.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

9,799 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 328 of 937.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/328?hl=nevadanutjob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.