maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
images (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_4963.gif
Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,011 posts in this topic. You are on page 326 of 941.
#16251 3 years ago
Quoted from John0560:

Not saying the movie is my top favorite, there are movies that I like way better that would be horrible themes. But the artwork if done right, would be so colorful and beautiful. The plot would be great, you would battle several mystical enemies, save the girl.... No shooter rod, it should be Jack Burtons tec-9! Put the pork chop express on top, code needs to light it up, beep the air horn and some CB callouts. This will be pure 80s adventure - action - nostalgia. "If done right" would be very magical. Pay attention Stern, we dont want Godzilla or Harry Potter or Avatar. We want some more 80s magic similar to GB, BTTF, Beetlejuice, Die Hard Pt.1. The people have spoken, lets get on this please. Most people I know that grew up in the 80s and 90s and are new to pinball like me want to go down memory lane and have the money to blow on this crap. I would never invite my buddies over to drink and play Harry Potter, c'mon man.

Harry Potter is the #1 theme.

#16252 3 years ago
Quoted from KongDonkey:

Cause I needs it...
[quoted image]

Love it

PORKCHOP EXPRESS !!

#16253 3 years ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

Shut up and take my money!

#16254 3 years ago
Quoted from KongDonkey:

Cause I needs it...
[quoted image]

Yes yes yes and let me think......YES!!

#16255 3 years ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

In the past, typically teaser video on thur or fri, distribution meeting the following monday and then reveal to public the next day.

Gotcha. Well I hope soon because I don't want fill that hole in the lineup to find out something cool is happening.

#16256 3 years ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

According to you? I just see it as a little too dorky. If you are into it, great. I am happy for anyone that has the privilege of seeing their dream theme created. Im sure I would have fun playing it, just not excited about the theme. As long as it shoots well who cares its just an overpriced box with lights, bells and balls for grown adults that act like damn kids. Im one of them lol.

#16257 3 years ago
Quoted from John0560:

According to you? I just see it as a little too dorky. If you are into it, great. I am happy for anyone that has the privilege of seeing their dream theme created. Im sure I would have fun playing it, just not excited about the theme. As long as it shoots well who cares its just an overpriced box with lights, bells and balls for grown adults that act like damn kids. Im one of them lol.

It's not my number one but I think if you ask Stern which theme would sell the most pinball machines I'd bet a LOT of money that the answer would be Harry Potter. Number of books sold, movie box office, theme park revenue are all strong indications of how well this theme would do.

#16258 3 years ago

He mister familyarcade, lets face it we are all pretty screwed up on here. We are talking about toys, oversized overpriced toys for nerdy adults. If you dont like people speculating or giving ideas for a next stern pin on a next stern pin thread then go troll somewhere else.

#16259 3 years ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

It's not my number one but I think if you ask Stern which theme would sell the most pinball machines I'd bet a LOT of money that the answer would be Harry Potter. Number of books sold, movie box office, theme park revenue are all strong indications of how well this theme would do.

There is enough room in the hobby for everyone to have their themes, most of mine stem from when I grew up, part of the magic while playing is that it brings me back. Thats why enjoy older machines so much, thats why I enjoy machines like GB, DM, LW3, Turtles...

#16260 3 years ago

Still think Mando is smoke and mirrors and they are going to drop BBTF and watch the instant sell out

#16261 3 years ago

Be embarrassed about your poor taste. Big Trouble is 80’s camp magic, smdh. Monetary success does not a good film make.

Quoted from greenstreet:

would someone please explain why anyone would want this theme? this movie was one of the biggest busts of the 80s ($25mm budget vs $11mm box office).
when i kept seeing it on this forum i though it must have been from a different generation than mine. but i just looked it up, this PG-13 movie came out when i was 14-years old. after watching the trailer i remember how bad it was.
i know, you guys are just fooling around. this is just another Welk thing.

#16262 3 years ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

As much as I dislike wasting a slot for it, you're probably right. Harry Potter will be very successful in barcades, and probably a lot of young family home users as well.

#16263 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Still think Mando is smoke and mirrors and they are going to drop BBTF and watch the instant sell out

Hell yeah! BTTF! Its our Density.

#16264 3 years ago

30 new post since my last visit and still nothing.

#16265 3 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

that is like every 5 minutes here. lol

#16266 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Be embarrassed about your poor taste. Big Trouble is 80’s camp magic, smdh. Monetary success does not a good film make.

Magical.

Yeah he does have poor taste. The pin would be greater than the movie if stern ups their game.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16267 3 years ago

Won't we all be surprised when it's Peanuts? Lifestyle brand.

peanutsdownload (1) (resized).jpgpeanutsdownload (1) (resized).jpg
#16268 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Won't we all be surprised when it's Peanuts? Lifestyle brand.
[quoted image]

Id take that over Harry Potter.

#16269 3 years ago
Quoted from John0560:

Hell yeah! BTTF! Its our Density.

Lol you’re gonna need a time machine to create an alternate 2021. BTTF isn’t next.

#16270 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Lol you’re gonna need a time machine to create an alternate 2021. BTTF isn’t next.

Mando

#16271 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yes it is. Kaneda said it was.

#16273 3 years ago

I wonder if hookers and stiffs would sell pins.

3C1E7E82-E6F1-4598-857C-5C018EF944BE (resized).jpeg3C1E7E82-E6F1-4598-857C-5C018EF944BE (resized).jpeg
#16274 3 years ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

would someone please explain why anyone would want this theme? this movie was one of the biggest busts of the 80s ($25mm budget vs $11mm box office).
when i kept seeing it on this forum i though it must have been from a different generation than mine. but i just looked it up, this PG-13 movie came out when i was 14-years old. after watching the trailer i remember how bad it was.
i know, you guys are just fooling around. this is just another Welk thing.

John Carpenter movies often do not do well at theaters, and this is no exception. It did massive business on home video once it left theaters. If you listen to the commentary on the special edition blu-ray you can hear about the missteps Fox took marketing the movie release and promises made that were not kept. Siskel and Ebert totally murdering it on their reviews was the nail in the theatrical coffin.

#16275 3 years ago

Big Busty Teen Fembots?

#16276 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Big Busty Teen Fembots?

I’m in !

#16277 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Didn’t Stern just crack into the Chinese market and have started producing pins there?
Shang-Chi could be a big hit for them there and after just watching the trailer it looks like another MCU Blockbuster! And I wouldn’t mind a modern king-fu themed pin with some MCU sprinkled on top.
https://www.ign.com/videos/shang-chi-and-the-legend-of-the-ten-rings-official-teaser-trailer

People often assume that an "Asian" theme from a Western studio will automatically appeal to the Chinese audience. However, the highest grossing American movies in China are superhero/comic movies like the Marvel MCU films and big blockbusters like the Fast and the Furious series. Movies like the live action Mulan, or Raya and the Last Dragon don't even make a blip over there.

Because the thing is, China all ready makes plenty of their own Chinese-style movies. What they like about American/Western films, is that they are SO different. If they want "Asian" themes, they can get them from Chinese and Hong Kong studios.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/List_of_highest-grossing_films_in_China

#16278 3 years ago
Quoted from John0560:

Yes it is. Kaneda said it was.

He said it wasn’t BTTF on his Facebook post. ‍♂️

#16279 3 years ago

Also, I love Big Trouble in Little China, because....

"Shut up Mr. Burton, the World does not exist for you to "Get it!"

And...
....David Lopan Style!

#16280 3 years ago

Bumblebee tuna fish? Ace ventura pin! I solved it.

#16281 3 years ago

Heard Mando was the next one a few days ago, the BTTF, with Gozilla after that and James Bond around April time..

#16282 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Also, I love Big Trouble in Little China, because....
"Shut up Mr. Burton, the World does not exist for you to "Get it!"
And...
....David Lopan Style!

This is genius. Love the video.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16283 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

John Carpenter movies often do not do well at theaters, and this is no exception. It did massive business on home video once it left theaters. If you listen to the commentary on the special edition blu-ray you can hear about the missteps Fox took marketing the movie release and promises made that were not kept. Siskel and Ebert totally murdering it on their reviews was the nail in the theatrical coffin.

Gotta say you guys got me hyped on the movie. Watched in on youtube and wow, that sucked. Love all the ingredients but movie just seemed slapped together. Sometimes the critics are right. Not arguing it wouldn't be a fun pin theme but tough sell imo.

#16284 3 years ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

Harry Potter would be a huge hit for my wife and kids, thereby validating my pinball hobby forever.
I win!

(Secretly hope for Big Trouble or Blade Runner, though)

#16285 3 years ago
Quoted from Looney:

Harry Potter would be a huge hit for my wife and kids, thereby validating my pinball hobby forever.
I win!
(Secretly hope for Big Trouble or Blade Runner, though)

lol

#16286 3 years ago

Thanks all for explaining the BTILC thing. Cult following on home video... check.

#16287 3 years ago

Is there a Hunger Games pin?

#16288 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Gotta say you guys got me hyped on the movie. Watched in on youtube and wow, that sucked. Love all the ingredients but movie just seemed slapped together. Sometimes the critics are right. Not arguing it wouldn't be a fun pin theme but tough sell imo.

I hated Mars Attacks when I saw it in a theatre in Tokyo. Paid $30 to see it (in 199x!), too. Don't know if it was the venue or the $30 or the on-screen japanese subtitles or the Mosburger I got from the in-theatre takeout window, but it just didn't do it for me. SO disappointed. Then I watched it again on video and caught a ton of details I just missed in Japan and liked it (except for the Jack Nicholson character - still hate that part). Now it's one of my favorite movies, seen it countless times.

Try the blu-ray version of Big Trouble in Little China. Concentrate on the dialogue. It's a great movie.

#16289 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Is there a Hunger Games pin?

The story goes that it was in development but had to change into what is now WWE.

#16290 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

He said it wasn’t BTTF on his Facebook post. ‍♂️

Kaneda has built his entire life around trolling and market speculating. I'd never trust a word he says.

#16291 3 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Kaneda has built his entire life around trolling and market speculating. I'd never trust a word he says.

You know him personally?

#16292 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You know him personally?

No. Only about 10 years observing his online behavior.

#16293 3 years ago

You have been following him on facebook for 10 years, but only 2 years active on Pinside?

#16294 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

You have been following him on facebook for 10 years, but only 2 years active on Pinside?

Various arcade related forums, of which he's been banned from most. Hey, just my opinion fellas.

#16295 3 years ago

Then it should say:

"Kaneda has built his entire [online behaviour] around trolling and market speculating. I'd never trust a word he says [online?]."

I'm sure Kaneda does honest things in his "real life". Like... pooping. Sleeping. - N' stuff.

Either way: Back to Bill & Ted's Excellent Pinball Adventure!

#16296 3 years ago

You assume correctly. Guy spends 14 hours on social media and podcasts talking about a hobby he is trying to make into a career. I have seen this behavior for 20 years in stand up comedy. It doesn't always pan out but this guy probably has mom and dad bankroll or other means to continue the good fight to get his unpopular opinion out there.

#16297 3 years ago

Overpriced toys for nerdy adults? Who you calling a nerd? Harry f@<kin dorkpot potter makes me wanna vomit! Hope those that call themselves nerds get their dream theme.

Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Just all this talk on how well harry f@#<kin dorkpot potter will sell.

#16298 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I hated Mars Attacks when I saw it in a theatre in Tokyo. Paid $30 to see it (in 199x!), too. Don't know if it was the venue or the $30 or the on-screen japanese subtitles or the Mosburger I got from the in-theatre takeout window, but it just didn't do it for me. SO disappointed. Then I watched it again on video and caught a ton of details I just missed in Japan and liked it (except for the Jack Nicholson character - still hate that part). Now it's one of my favorite movies, seen it countless times.
Try the blu-ray version of Big Trouble in Little China. Concentrate on the dialogue. It's a great movie.

That's ok. I did really like Escape from New York which I saw for the first time not long ago. That movie had more of a believable story, better atmosphere, better characters, dialogue, action, etc. Still, I think these kind of movies have a limited audience which sucks. Even if I am not a fan, I still love to see more interesting themes than all the mainstream stuff. Please no more superheroes, classic rock, or Disney themes.

#16299 3 years ago

Did I miss it or was the title not announced?

#16300 3 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Did I miss it or was the title not announced?

Nope. Still a combination of wild guessing, and hopes that Stern will pick their favorite theme for pinball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 91.00
13,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 47,011 posts in this topic. You are on page 326 of 941.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/326 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.