Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
images (1) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 324 of 941.
#16151 3 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

We will probably find out Tuesday what game it is

This is the way!This is the way!

I have spoken.

#16152 3 years ago

Well first things first Stern doesn’t release games on anniversaries, or to coincide with releases so why would they release another Star Wars game on a “holiday” based on a pun.

#16153 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

You mean Wake up Lachy multiball, don't you?

No

#16154 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Totally agree. After watching the ending and being severely dissaponted I sold my game the next week. Killer series ruined by a shitty ending.

Dude you need the sarcasm emoji or people gonna think you’re for real.
Which would make you bat-shit crazy ha!

#16155 3 years ago
Quoted from dri:

[quoted image]
I have spoken.

Yeah I think your right. Mando is a hot property

#16156 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Sebastian Shaw would be a tough get given he’s been dead 26+ years...

whoops yeah meant Seb Stan lol

#16157 3 years ago

This would make for a great topper.

Bwphoto (resized).jpgBwphoto (resized).jpg
#16158 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Show me evidence that a significant number of people pass on any TV based game for those reasons. Not ONE TV based game contained an entire series worth of story & content.
As beloved as TSPP is, it didn’t have ANY episodic or story content from the series...but it had a ton of jokes, lines, characters, and that’s all it needed.
To be a great representation of a theme does NOT mean a machine has to tell a story of any kind. It just has to be the essence of the story & include iconic elements.

Bingo. Wonka is the perfect example. There’s no story, but it’s all Wonka and sweet, syrupy goodness. Sssssshhhhhh, don’t tell Kaneda.

#16159 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

what is this? looks like a horrible layout

One if the coolest games at Pinball Expi 2019.

#16160 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Bingo. Wonka is the perfect example. There’s no story, but it’s all Wonka and sweet, syrupy goodness. Sssssshhhhhh, don’t tell Kaneda.

Really love wonka. I know it doesnt have all the music but I really dont care. The total package is great and I love how that game shoots.

#16161 3 years ago

With a new live action movie (reboot) in production, a new Netflix TV series complete and pending release, a new game installment pending for May (I think) and the 25th anniversary happening now.... Resident Evil Pinball would be quite the timing. Perhaps too close to TWD for it to happen, but a guy can dream

#16162 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

One if the coolest games at Pinball Expi 2019.

really? the pf looks empty but what do I know! Maybe it was a blast.

#16163 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

really? the pf looks empty but what do I know! Maybe it was a blast.

So are a lot of current Sterns, but they're a blast as well.

#16164 3 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

Dude you need the sarcasm emoji or people gonna think you’re for real.
Which would make you bat-shit crazy ha!

I guess I’m bat shit crazy then because the ending of that series was absolute shit. Your opinion may differ and we are all entitled to have an opinion right. Good day.

#16165 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

So are a lot of current Sterns, but they're a blast as well.

A blast alone isn't worth $6k - $9k+ for many. We are at the point with these crazy town prices that fun factor and flow (often an excuse for a lack of features in some recent pins) are no longer enough to justify the price tag.

Need more features and toys Take away the standard cabinet and general basic parts in a pin then question what you are getting for $6k - $9k+. $1k per orbit and ramp? $2k for 3 drop targets? $1k for a bobble head on a spring? That's insane but its where we are at.

#16166 3 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

You’re not wrong that some people buy it anyway. But it sucks and a significant number of people pass on them for these reasons.

Personally I can't really understand how it could have any impact on buying a pin or not, for me it definitely doesn't, as long as I don't hate the theme (like TWD, Harry F'ing Potthead or Lord of the Ring) I just want it to look good and play well.
Not even a fan of the Marvel movies, still bought AIQ, just because the art looks great and the playfield has nice shots, ramps etc, couldn't care less if it has ANY reference at all to the movies (or comic books?).
I was even amazed by the fact that someone just wrote to have sold his GOT pin because the latest episodes sucked....what has that got to do anything with playing pinball???

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16167 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

A blast alone isn't worth $6k - $9k+ for many. We are at the point with these crazy town prices that fun factor and flow (often an excuse for a lack of features in some recent pins) are no longer enough to justify the price tag.
Need more features and toys Take away the standard cabinet and general basic parts in a pin then question what you are getting for $6k - $9k+. $1k per orbit and ramp? $2k for 3 drop targets? $1k for a bobble head on a spring? That's insane but its where we are at.

People are buying more than ever. Why would they change? Ultimately we’re paying for a factory with lots of employees to exist...the price is in no way related to the parts.

#16168 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You can pay for toys and lights and nickel and dime the BOM in your head. I'm paying to have a blast. Period. And if it ain't there, I ain't buying.

#16169 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Nooooooo never that, how can you have a WAKE UP Jeff multiball, which i imagine would have the volume auto cranked to 90%

Fruit Salad multiball! I have kids that watched the Wiggles constantly so no creeper accusations please lol

#16170 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Fruit Salad multiball!

Yummy yummy. Great now I won't be able to get this song out of my head all day! Ugh

#16171 3 years ago

Personally would love a Star Wars pin based on the Star Wars Holiday Special featuring Bea Arthur, Harvey Korman, and Art Carney. You have to get Chewy home to his wife Malla, son Lumpy, and grand father Itchy to celebrate Life Day. LE purchase day one!!

Kidding of course.

#16172 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

People are buying more than ever. Why would they change? Ultimately we’re paying for a factory with lots of employees to exist...the price is in no way related to the parts.

Because home entertainment due to Covid is a large part of what has been driving all time high sales this past year. As more and more people hopefully get vaccinated and we gradually emerge from this mess, I do wonder if demand and sales will continue at the very brisk level they have this past year.

My guess is sales will gradually go back to a similar level they were pre Covid as discretionary and entertainment income shifts to the pent up demand for travel and entertainment outside the home. It will be interesting to see where the market goes from here.

#16173 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Personally would love a Star Wars pin based on the Star Wars Holiday Special featuring Bea Arthur, Harvey Korman, and Art Carney. You have to get Chewy home to his wife Malla, son Lumpy, and grand father Itchy to celebrate Life Day. LE purchase day one!!
Kidding of course.

Stir, whip, stir, whip, whip, whip, stir!

#16174 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Because home entertainment due to Covid is a large part of what has been driving all time high sales this past year. As more and more people hopefully get vaccinated and we gradually emerge from this mess, I do wonder if demand and sales will continue at the very brisk level they have this past year.
My guess is sales will gradually go back to a similar level they were pre Covid as discretionary and entertainment income shifts to the pent up demand for travel and entertainment outside the home. It will be interesting to see where the market goes from here.

I concur, with your assessment.

#16175 3 years ago

Since we are either talking Mando or throwing out random ideas based on a Kaneda comment, here is mine...
Contemporary, popular, a fan base, something unexpected, wasnt sure if there was a movie (let's just pretend there isnt), more like Shadow than Afm.
How about Avatar? (The Last Airbender, not the blue people)
I could see some diverters for "Airbending" the ball. Earth would likely just be stand up targets, maybe a smooth loop for water? Fire Nation "battlefield"? Idk. Im just a fan and i see possibilities for pinball. Also, Shadow is probably in my top 5 so id like to see a revisit/reimaginig of that layout

#16176 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Since we are either talking Mando or throwing out random ideas based on a Kaneda comment, here is mine...
Contemporary, popular, a fan base, something unexpected, wasnt sure if there was a movie (let's just pretend there isnt), more like Shadow than Afm.
I could see some diverters for "Airbending" the ball. Earth would likely just be stand up targets, maybe a smooth loop for water? Fire Nation "battlefield"? Idk. Im just a fan and i see possibilities for pinball. Also, Shadow is probably in my top 5 so id like to see a revisit/reimaginig of that layout

Great idea, but I think the pinball peeps who license themes aren’t in touch with animation outside of the prime time world. Avatar/Korra have a massively passionate fanbase...Nickelodeon is starting a new Avatar Studio to make tons of new show/movies. It’s just gonna get bigger.

#16177 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Lol Gary at home reading this.

3033856-7373530381-25107.gif3033856-7373530381-25107.gif

#16178 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Avatar (blue people) is a rumored JJP game.

#16179 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

best post in the last 324 pages

#16180 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

JJP sure loves redoing every Stern/DE game. Lol

South Park redo would print money. No one wants another blue peeps Avatar.

#16181 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

He doesn’t need to read Pinside to know how many games they’re selling.

#16182 3 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

This would make for a great topper.
[quoted image]

Clock tower would be a great topper, but so would the time circuits and flux capacitor, then again i would rather see those things on the playfield.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16183 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

JJP sure loves redoing every Stern/DE game. Lol

This way we can see what potential the game actually could have!

#16184 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Ive owned a ACNC for 9 months, play it a lot and can’t seem to get enough of it. It definitely hasn’t gotten old for me.

It has also made me a much better pinball player with those tight shots..lol

#16185 3 years ago

Didn’t Stern just crack into the Chinese market and have started producing pins there?

Shang-Chi could be a big hit for them there and after just watching the trailer it looks like another MCU Blockbuster! And I wouldn’t mind a modern king-fu themed pin with some MCU sprinkled on top.

https://www.ign.com/videos/shang-chi-and-the-legend-of-the-ten-rings-official-teaser-trailer

#16186 3 years ago
0BA558A5-6760-4FD7-A37B-7A774C39C84D (resized).jpeg0BA558A5-6760-4FD7-A37B-7A774C39C84D (resized).jpeg
#16187 3 years ago

Unfortunately they will still ask for 8K for it. Joking aside, these prices are getting way out of hand.

#16188 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I don't disagree that there are currently other good themes than Avatar but there are at least 3 more Avatar films in the works about to drop soon and with the bioluminescence world of Pandora, JJP would make an incredible light show out of that. I would be a buyer for sure.

#16189 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

JJP has so few release slots, I can't imagine them pissing one away on a series on the decline or irrelevant.

#16190 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

If I'm not mistaken Jack came out and said that Eric's next game is something that hasn't been made before. There is already an Avatar game. You could walk the line and say there isn't an Avatar 2 game but it's splitting hairs.

Avatar 2 the movie, is scheduled to be released in December 16th, 2022.

#16191 3 years ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

If I'm not mistaken Jack came out and said that Eric's next game is something that hasn't been made before. There is already an Avatar game. You could walk the line and say there isn't an Avatar 2 game but it's splitting hairs.
Avatar 2 the movie, is scheduled to be released in December 16th, 2022.

After all this time does anyone care about Dances With Wolves in space?

#16192 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

JJP has so few release slots, I can't imagine them pissing one away on a series on the decline or irrelevant.

*cough cough Pirates cough cough*

#16193 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

*cough cough Pirates cough cough*

Movies aside, Pirates is one of the key attractions at Disney, still. Has been for decades. Avatar (movie or attraction) isn't even in the same league.

#16194 3 years ago

Nobody but James Cameron is excited for more Avatar movies. The first one was cool as a theater experience when 3D was getting better but who is actually rewatching this movie? Nobody i know.

#16195 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Movies aside, Pirates is one of the key attractions at Disney, still. Has been for decades. Avatar (movie or attraction) isn't even in the same league.

I'm with you 100%, but when we were at Disney World last February, the standby line for Avatar Flight of Passage was four hours.

#16196 3 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

I'm with you 100%, but when we were at Disney World last February, the standby line for Avatar Flight of Passage was four hours.

That's mostly because of the middling throughput and newness of the ride. PotC cranks through almost 3500 people per hour decade in, decade out. Avatar is moving only around 1400 people through at peak efficiency, much less if anything goes slightly wrong. That tends to make long lines.

Wait times today are almost the same (45 vs 40 minutes), which means the higher capacity PotC is about 2.5x more popular than Avatar based on riders.

https://www.laughingplace.com/w/p/Disneys-Animal-Kingdom-current-wait-times/

#16197 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pin is based on an irrelevant movie series, tho.

Disney owns Avatar now...we’ll see where it goes in the future. Who can say.

As for pinball, the pinball demographic doesn’t really care about Avatar, that’s for sure.

#16198 3 years ago

Could we be getting a Deadliest catch or Wicked tuna?

America’s most wanted or cops?

What’s a good current TV show currently?

#16199 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's mostly because of the middling throughput and newness of the ride. PotC cranks through almost 3500 people per hour decade in, decade out. Avatar is moving only around 1400 people through at peak efficiency, much less if anything goes slightly wrong. That tends to make long lines.
Wait times today are almost the same (45 vs 40 minutes), which means the higher capacity PotC is about 2.5x more popular than Avatar based on riders.
https://www.laughingplace.com/w/p/Disneys-Animal-Kingdom-current-wait-times/

Not to spend any more time on the “Next Stern Pin” thread discussing an unlikely but possible probability that JJP’s releasing an Avatar pin BUT, the Avatar Flight of Passage is one of the coolest impressive rides ever and to compare it to POTC at Magic Kingdom is absurd. Yes POTC is nostalgic and fun but Avatar is next level cool. Take if from a former WDW season pass holder that’s ridden them dozens of times.

#16200 3 years ago

Possible Snoop Dog pin reveal tomorrow? Jin and Juice multiball!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

5,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Whispering Pines, NC
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 33.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 21.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 47,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 324 of 941.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/324?hl=jamwin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.