balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
birds (resized).png
NUWX.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 323 of 923.
#16101 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s f*cking STAR WARS.

Not in soul.

#16102 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Totally agree. After watching the ending and being severely dissaponted I sold my game the next week. Killer series ruined by a shitty ending.

Except for one episode, the whole last season was terrible.

#16103 2 years ago

I‘m totally fed up with Star Wars. Hard pass for me.

#16104 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I could honestly even do the movie of this. It was a pretty cool fever dream.

[RE: Speed Racer live action movie]
I quite enjoyed it. It's really the only live action I've ever seen that truly feels faithful to the source. People shit on it because they compare it with other movies, instead of comparing it directly to the animated series.

#16105 2 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

I quite enjoyed it. It's really the only live action I've ever seen that truly feels faithful to the source.

Speed Racer live action just felt like a colorful mess to me. Scott Pilgrim did similar things, but enhanced the source material. They took kind of mediocre source material and made it fantastic. I've seen at least parts of SP dozens of times. It's infinitely re-watchable. I've seen SR once.

#16106 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Yup this one also crossed my mind. What other huge video game franchises would qualify?

Most would be Nintendo franchises in my mind: Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Metroid, etc.

There is always GTA, but not sure that would translate well to a pin. Castlevania would be great.

I was thinking this, but not sure if it's too young of an audience. But I'd assume it'd make a great game for some, someday.

#16107 2 years ago

How so? As far as I can tell, Mando is the one new SW thing that all the fans love. All the new movies suck...Mando is the one new SW thing that actually does seem to have some soul.

#16108 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Yup this one also crossed my mind. What other huge video game franchises would qualify?

I'd love a Metal Gear Solid pin. High-tech + Military theme. It'd be pretty unique in pinball. Tons of lore to craft around too.

#16109 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Totally agree. After watching the ending and being severely dissaponted I sold my game the next week. Killer series ruined by a shitty ending.

And I loved the whole damn thing. Especially when you binge watch all the seasons in a row...the ending makes much more sense and is foreshadowed in the earlier seasons...but you didn't know what was coming so you couldn't understand the significance.

#16110 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Speed Racer live action just felt like a colorful mess to me.

Which is why I loved it. Different strokes.

#16111 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#16112 2 years ago
Quoted from kell:

Most would be Nintendo franchises in my mind: Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Metroid, etc.
There is always GTA, but not sure that would translate well to a pin. Castlevania would be great.

I was thinking this, but not sure if it's too young of an audience. But I'd assume it'd make a great game for some, someday.

CastleVania

20191019_151959 (resized).jpg20191019_151959 (resized).jpg20191019_152003 (resized).jpg20191019_152003 (resized).jpg
#16113 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

After Special k’s pointless droning on about GNRCE, it was more of the same. Lately his podcasts are feeling like clickbait.
Don’t know who he’s pandering to or trying to coerce into guesting on his show but they clearly won’t.
Well, guess I don’t have a pinball podcast to favorite anymore. Missing the old K. He was a Klassic.
Whatever Stern’s next theme it’ll be NOT what we want. BRONIES, gather up your wallets!!!

Kaneda has crossed over.. His shows are a sellout to what he used to stand for .. He is kissing manufacturers booties now.

#16114 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s f*cking STAR WARS.

Sorta?

#16115 2 years ago
Quoted from HeadNZ:

[quoted image]

Blade runner would be an awesome theme for a pin

#16116 2 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Blade runner would be an awesome theme for a pin

Oh yeah!

#16117 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

CastleVania [quoted image][quoted image]

what is this? looks like a horrible layout

#16118 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

what is this? looks like a horrible layout

Home brew. Looks slick.

#16119 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s a pinball machine, not a DVD box set. There’s about 12 hours worth of Mando content...that’s more than enough for a game that usually lasts 5-10 minutes. LOTR was based on about 10hrs worth of movies...it doesn’t have every single beat or line of dialog. It a “best of”. The 2 seasons of Mando have more than enough adventures, action scenes & characters to make a mode-filled pin.

To add to this...
There is an about an equal amount of airtime between Mando and Rick and Morty. Gotg is based of a 2hr movie. Etc

#16120 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

How so? As far as I can tell, Mando is the one new SW thing that all the fans love. All the new movies suck...Mando is the one new SW thing that actually does seem to have some soul.

*Andor will be the true prize*

Rogue One was a war movie and showed us the other side of the Rebellion (plus, there was so much selfless sacrifice and death portrayed by the main characters). I believe Rogue One was the spring board that made Mando what it is today.
We also got a glimpse of this “villainy” from the Rebellion in the Mando series. Andor will pull the covers off and expose the Rebels and their motives.
I feel Rogue One was the push that was needed to get SW back on track and now with the soon to be release of Andor the viewers will be able to choose sides for the empire or rebellion.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-director-of-rogue-ones-mythic-reshoots-speaks-out-f-1825019244

#16121 2 years ago

6856CED1-FCE8-41A3-9AD9-708B914B9390.gif6856CED1-FCE8-41A3-9AD9-708B914B9390.gif
#16122 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

[quoted image]

When this thread hits 88 posts an hour you're going to see some serious shit

#16123 2 years ago
Quoted from Time:

This is heavy doc.

#16124 2 years ago
Quoted from Time:

5CFE4D4C-13A6-44D5-AF0D-BE3A0F71268D (resized).jpeg5CFE4D4C-13A6-44D5-AF0D-BE3A0F71268D (resized).jpeg
#16125 2 years ago

I quite enjoyed it. It's really the only live action I've ever seen that truly feels faithful to the source. People shit on it because they compare it with other movies, instead of comparing it directly to the animated series.

I loved it. Bought the BluRay and watched it at least four times with the kids. It was a vivid, technicolor spectacular. Without a doubt the most colorful, saturated and visually stunning movie I’ve ever seen - all without being garish and with really ambitious CGI that didn’t scream “IT’S TOTALLY FAKE” the whole time.

I really got caught up in the ride. It was surprisingly good! I was stunned how much I enjoyed it. And Trixie is cute as hell. And that new theme song is EXTRA.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16126 2 years ago

Can we please get back on track....

Or double back..

BTTF

#16127 2 years ago

This is the way.

il_340x270.3049928291_g05g (resized).jpgil_340x270.3049928291_g05g (resized).jpg
#16128 2 years ago
2F54CF19-6FD2-4A50-B138-9C187643646D (resized).png2F54CF19-6FD2-4A50-B138-9C187643646D (resized).png
#16129 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

CastleVania [quoted image][quoted image]

Season 4 drops may 13th!

#16130 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:[quoted image]

docpin (resized).pngdocpin (resized).png
#16131 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think Adam Driver did a great job..and I’m the biggest original trilogy fan I know. I believed his character (mask off) just like I believed every OT character growing up
Mando season 1 was great to watch with the fam in the living room and season 2 was worthy follow up but I didnt buy in to digital Luke. Shoulda got Sebastian Shaw!

#16132 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

[quoted image]

LOL! $999.99 limited edition Mr. Fusion topper coming soon.

#16133 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Who cares. It’s a short interactive game based on the theme, not an entire story.

Buyers care that want a theme to cover it's entire story and a ruleset that makes them feel like they are on an adventure / quest. Would LOTR be as well regarded if it covered only the first movie? No way. Same goes for WOZ (what if the theme just covered the first 30 minutes lol), Hobbit, Star Wars, etc. The idea of playing a game for a few minutes with a bunch of generic points based modes that covers half of themes intended content sounds dull in my opinion.

Releasing a pin based on a TV show is designed to generate quick sales while the theme is still relevant in my opinion. Will "The Mandalorian" theme be as well regarded as the original Star Wars trilogy in 5, 10, 20, etc years? Probably not.

#16134 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Perhaps or a magnetic flying hover board kind of the perfect size. Once you make it to 2015 / aka The Future it hovers while you are in that time period)

I can also see a Flux Capacitor as a topper with the lights functioning with the game.

A spinning OUTATIME license plate topper with flame type effect LED’s to the left / right of it.

#16135 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Buyers care that want a theme to cover it's entire story and a ruleset that makes them feel like they are on an adventure / quest.

Mando w/ 2 seasons can do that.

TMNT doesn’t have the content of the 100s of episodes...or the real voices. People bought it anyway.

GOTG had 1 movie & fake voices, people bought it anyway.

Sopranos doenst have the whole story. Doesn’t matter. You’re doing mob shit & that’s all it needed.

TWD has zero show content. You’re fighting zombies. That’s all it needed

If Mando has 7-10 modes based an action scenes and quests of the existing seasons, that’s enough to make a solid pin. If it has the real music, clips & some good custom voices (Bill Burr, Amy Sedaris, Pedro Pascal) people will be more than happy with it.

#16136 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

They'd probably get me if it were some type of interactive clock tower.

#16137 2 years ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

They'd probably get me if it were some type of interactive clock tower.

You’ll need to start saving now for the save the clock tower topper!

A4BBF071-87FD-48FE-8F60-AB910D6959B3 (resized).jpegA4BBF071-87FD-48FE-8F60-AB910D6959B3 (resized).jpeg
#16138 2 years ago

You’re not wrong that some people buy it anyway. But it sucks and a significant number of people pass on them for these reasons.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Mando w/ 2 seasons can do that.
TMNT doesn’t have the content of the 100s of episodes...or the real voices. People bought it anyway.
GOTG had 1 movie & fake voices, people bought it anyway.
Sopranos doenst have the whole story. Doesn’t matter. You’re doing mob shit & that’s all it needed.
TWD has zero show content. You’re fighting zombies. That’s all it needed
If Mando has 7-10 modes based an action scenes and quests of the existing seasons, that’s enough to make a solid pin. If it has the real music, clips & some good custom voices (Bill Burr, Amy Sedaris, Pedro Pascal) people will be more than happy with it.

#16139 2 years ago

You’re not wrong that some people buy it anyway. But it sucks and a significant number of people pass on them for these reasons.

Show me evidence that a significant number of people pass on any TV based game for those reasons. Not ONE TV based game contained an entire series worth of story & content.

As beloved as TSPP is, it didn’t have ANY episodic or story content from the series...but it had a ton of jokes, lines, characters, and that’s all it needed.

To be a great representation of a theme does NOT mean a machine has to tell a story of any kind. It just has to be the essence of the story & include iconic elements.

#16140 2 years ago

I have no evidence other than anecdotal Pinside talk. But no one is going to say they want a half-assed use of a license. Dunno why you’re defending poor executive decisions.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Show me evidence that a significant number of people pass on any TV based game for those reasons. Not ONE TV based game contained an entire series worth of story & content.
As beloved as TSPP is, it didn’t have ANY episodic or story content from the series...but it had a ton of jokes, lines, characters, and that’s all it needed.
To be a great representation of a theme does NOT mean a machine has to tell a story of any kind. It just has to be the essence of the story & include iconic elements.

#16141 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It just has to be the essence of the story & include iconic elements.

But in GoT there are some really iconic moments, not included in the pin and it would be so cool, if they would have updated the pin after the final season.

Battle of the Bastards for example.
I wrote it before in another thread:
When you have BW-Multiball the second time, why did they not update some pics and you get BotB-Multiball?

But they did not and will never do.

I want a Got Pro (again) or LE, but every time, when i see offers, i think, for the same money (here in germany is a GoT the same price like a Spike 2) i can buy another pin without this half completed story.

So yes, i am one of these people, who want a complete story. It is possible to update some scenes to let me think it is the full package, it is a pinball not a rocket.

#16142 2 years ago

We will probably find out Tuesday what game it is

#16143 2 years ago

I have no evidence other than anecdotal Pinside talk. But no one is going to say they want a half-assed use of a license. Dunno why you’re defending poor executive decisions.

The only thing I’m defending is that Mando is a great license to to NOW & that its complete series story arc is irrelevant to making a good pinball. I’ve used tons of great pins a evidence that a complete story is a non-factor in a great game

I never defend poor pinball discussions. I hate TMNT & GOTG due to the horrid fake voices, and those are themes I love.

#16144 2 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

What about a rupaul’s drag race pin? 13 seasons of content to work with and it’ll attract the woke crowds

What's the woke/pinball overlap, really? I'd like to see that venn diagram.

#16145 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The only thing I’m defending is that Mando is a great license to to NOW & that its complete series story arc is irrelevant to making a good pinball. I’ve used tons of great pins a evidence that a complete story is a non-factor in a great game
I never defend poor pinball discussions. I hate TMNT & GOTG due to the horrid fake voices, and those are themes I love.

Mandalorian was SLOOOOOOW to develop, and when things started getting good, they sent the thing normal, non-Star Wars rabid people cared about packing. I don't know anyone that's excited about a whole season of Boba Fett's book (run by Filoni and Rodriguez huffing each other's farts) and would take that over more Baby Yoda. I think it's kind of like doing Walking Dead pin after the series started sucking. Takes the schwing out of the saga, IMO.

#16146 2 years ago

All your machine rumours are way off, it's gonna be this for sure!!

artworks-000117966447-nsqrkv-t500x500 (resized).jpgartworks-000117966447-nsqrkv-t500x500 (resized).jpg
#16147 2 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

All your machine rumours are way off, it's gonna be this for sure!![quoted image]

Or will it be this?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#16148 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Or will it be this?

Nooooooo never that, how can you have a WAKE UP Jeff multiball, which i imagine would have the volume auto cranked to 90%

#16149 2 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Nooooooo never that, how can you have a WAKE UP Jeff multiball, which i imagine would have the volume auto cranked to 90%

You mean Wake up Lachy multiball, don't you?

#16150 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

I think Adam Driver did a great job..and I’m the biggest original trilogy fan I know. I believed his character (mask off) just like I believed every OT character growing up
Mando season 1 was great to watch with the fam in the living room and season 2 was worthy follow up but I didnt buy in to digital Luke. Shoulda got Sebastian Shaw!

Sebastian Shaw would be a tough get given he’s been dead 26+ years...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod
Decorations
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Warrenton, VA
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 24.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms
Hardware
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
There are 46,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 323 of 923.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/323 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.