IMG_2624 (resized).jpeg
Nelson (resized).png
Andre (resized).png
dad_lg-min (resized).jpg
E497E3E8-872D-4DC9-B95B-17AFBD94F4D0 (resized).jpeg
23DC2D2F-A90E-4CA2-98A1-F19762374E3D (resized).jpeg
FDD39C64-5E43-4A2A-80EF-54E82F1F62E3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 322 of 936.
#16051 2 years ago

Could be Nightmare Before Christmas.

#16052 2 years ago

Kaneda thought LZ was actually Queen.

He gets a lot right, but plenty wrong as he is fed red herrings.

Scooby has been associated with Spooky for years, and it would be a good fit if they get enough assets.

Mando? Seems too soon and could be one of those red herrings.

I am guessing BTTF next!

#16053 2 years ago

Thinking campy, would Rocky Horror Picture Show be a good fit for Spooky?

#16054 2 years ago

Spooky’s next will be Evil Dead (or some incarnation of it.)

#16055 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Little shop of Horrors from what I'd guess.

#16056 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Little shop of Horrors from what I'd guess.

I'm thinking something along the lines of "The Larch". All those funny episodes those cats did...

Monty Python

#16057 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Thinking campy, would Rocky Horror Picture Show be a good fit for Spooky?

This is exactly what I was thinking, I hope not though, personally never been a fan but I know it’s hugely popular and would be a lot of people’s dream come true.
Camp as camp can be!

#16058 2 years ago

Mando isn’t a great theme, but could be ok. Spooky would do a very nice treatment of Scooby.

But my sources tell me Stern wanted all the assets this time around, so as not to disappoint anyone. So it’s “Hong Kong Fooey” everybody.

You heard it here first.

#16059 2 years ago

Mando would be a pass for me as well.

#16060 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Spooky teased Night of the Living Dead.

#16061 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Spooky teased Night of the Living Dead.

Don’t know anything about that... but unless Bruce Campbell (as Ash) was in it, that’s not it.

#16062 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Add me to the ever growing large list of people saying they’re out if it is Mando. The show is just okay, but not pinball theme worthy imo. Pinball themes need to be something to be enjoyed over the long haul and must be a very established theme. Scooby Doo fits that description, but unless Spooky really improves their shot geometry and game play fun, would be easy pass, even though I like the theme.
Really want Spooky to succeed, but have played all their games and none of them have impressed me shot geometry wise, except ACNC, but the theme is not what most people want, including me. I have a friend that purchased ACNC and has been trying to sell it just a few months after purchase and he says he can’t give it away. Jetsons was a subpar layout, with not much in the game, even though by theme alone, it should have sold well. Spooky really needs some top layout design on something like Scooby Doo and that’ll take them to the next level. Who doesn’t like Scooby Doo and yes, it is very campy. Lol

I agree with much of this. Mando is a good show. That is all. Nothing else needed.
Scooby-Doo (more specifically the 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo) seems like a great theme for pinball overall and a good match for Spooky's branding......however, i completely agree that most Spooky titles ive played got old very quickly. TNA is great but its a different horse. Nothing else they have put out has felt quite right to me. I have not played Jetsons or ACNC though.

#16063 2 years ago

soooo if it's not Mando and it is a famous recent TV show with huge following and possibly a show that will stand the test of time and become a classic...The next pin is Schitt's Creek.

#16064 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

soooo if it's not Mando and it is a famous recent TV show with huge following and possibly a show that will stand the test of time and become a classic...The next pin is Schitt's Creek.

I love SK would be fantastic (IMO) and I like that it's a complete not ongoing show.

Breaking Bad or Lost would be great as well.

#16065 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I agree with much of this. Mando is a good show. That is all. Nothing else needed.
Scooby-Doo (more specifically the 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo) seems like a great theme for pinball overall and a good match for Spooky's branding......however, i completely agree that most Spooky titles ive played got old very quickly. TNA is great but its a different horse. Nothing else they have put out has felt quite right to me. I have not played Jetsons or ACNC though.

Ive owned a ACNC for 9 months, play it a lot and can’t seem to get enough of it. It definitely hasn’t gotten old for me.

#16066 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I love SK would be fantastic (IMO) and I like that it's a complete not ongoing show.
Breaking Bad or Lost would be great as well.

agreed, a complete show is a plus for me and I feel like it really helps designers in conceptualizing the pin.

#16067 2 years ago

Bet when they inked deal for StrangerThings they also grabbed CobraKai

#16068 2 years ago

well, cobra kai, is a hard pass for me... the acting in that show is cringe worthy.

#16069 2 years ago

After Special k’s pointless droning on about GNRCE, it was more of the same. Lately his podcasts are feeling like clickbait.

Don’t know who he’s pandering to or trying to coerce into guesting on his show but they clearly won’t.

Well, guess I don’t have a pinball podcast to favorite anymore. Missing the old K. He was a Klassic.

Whatever Stern’s next theme it’ll be NOT what we want. BRONIES, gather up your wallets!!!

#16070 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

well, cobra kai, is a hard pass for me... the acting in that show is cringe worthy.

I watched the show, but no way would I spend $6000 on a pinball with this theme!

Can't see how it would make a good game at all.

#16071 2 years ago

I'd put evil dead right next to my Rob Zombie pin in a heartbeat. Hail to the pin baby.

#16072 2 years ago

Time for a pin from the greatest TV show ever.

all-in-the-game-yo-omar (resized).jpgall-in-the-game-yo-omar (resized).jpg
#16073 2 years ago

May the 4th

#16074 2 years ago

Mando would be a hard pass for me as well. Theres just not enough content there after only 2 seasons. I also would never buy a pin based on an incomplete TV show as there's never a start to finish of the story represented in the games code. This occurred with TWD, and GOT, each only tell a part of the themes story as the pins were released about half way through the shows life cycle.

#16075 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Mando would be a hard pass for me as well. Theres just not enough content there after only 2 seasons. I also would never buy a pin based on an incomplete TV show as there's never a start to finish of the story represented in the games code. This occurred with TWD, and GOT, each only tell a part of the themes story as the pins were released about half way through the shows life cycle.

Also, it's a Stern. Not enough toys.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16076 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Also, it's a Stern. Not enough toys.

think baby Yoda meets Lil Deadpool

#16077 2 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Mando would be a pass for me as well.

I’d be all over a Mando pin, it’s what pulled me back into Star Wars after that f’in disaster of a Disney trilogy.

Ideally though let a pin come after season 3&4 have dropped they are being filmed back to back. And it would give more material for modes etc

#16078 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It’s a pinball machine, not a DVD box set. There’s about 12 hours worth of Mando content...that’s more than enough for a game that usually lasts 5-10 minutes. LOTR was based on about 10hrs worth of movies...it doesn’t have every single beat or line of dialog. It a “best of”. The 2 seasons of Mando have more than enough adventures, action scenes & characters to make a mode-filled pin.

#16079 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Unfortunately it's not Evil Dead. Charlie did try and aquire the license but it was to expensive. But Night of the Living Dead, SD, BJ would be good. My wife is hoping Rocky Horror. That is number 1 on Charlie would like to make musical list.

#16080 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

Bet when they inked deal for StrangerThings they also grabbed CobraKai

Netflix doesn't own Cobra Kai. Sony owns it. Netflix just paid for the distribution rights.

#16081 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I also would never buy a pin based on an incomplete TV show as there's never a start to finish of the story represented in the games code. This occurred with TWD, and GOT,

For TWD, that may have been a good thing. I'm glad there's not a mode where I'm Morgan walking around for an hour where I have to hit orbits but go nowhere and get no points.

#16082 2 years ago

As a star wars fan, I would get mando. But like other said, just 2 years of material from the show is an issue, and Gina got fired from it. Content is limited. It might be better without video. Just animation.

#16083 2 years ago

I'll throw another theory out there based on Kaneda's Stern hints:

-Not a movie or music
-Something everyone will want and will likely sell out of LEs
-Brian Eddy on design

Harry Potter. Based off the novels, with the BRE link being MM.

#16084 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

-Not a movie or music
-Brian Eddy on design

Confirmed Harry Potter!!! here are the rules:
Collect 3 flying brooms, wands, talking hat, play a quest

#16085 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

think baby Yoda meets Lil Deadpool

baby Yoda on a spring!

#16086 2 years ago

If anyone makes a freaking Scooby Doo pin before Jonny Quest, then know that the world is in its last days. Cover your heads, because it will be the Seventh Sign.

#16087 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

-Not a movie or music
-Brian Eddy on design

Harry Potter makes more sense to me than Mandalorian. It's not based on "A" movie but books and many movies. Also, not sure Mandalorian qualifies as a major franchise.

Also, I don't really know anything about Kaneda, but referring to himself in the third person gives me pause.

#16088 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

-Not a movie or music
-Brian Eddy on design

Someone mentioned Mario as a possibility... I like that idea.

#16089 2 years ago

What is retro that we need is...

Speed Racer!

LD_SpeedWMach5Sideview1500x804 (resized).jpgLD_SpeedWMach5Sideview1500x804 (resized).jpg
#16090 2 years ago
Quoted from PilotPinball:

Speed Racer!
[quoted image]

that'd be pretty epic!

#16091 2 years ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

Also, not sure Mandalorian qualifies as a major franchise.

It’s f*cking STAR WARS.

#16092 2 years ago
Quoted from kell:

Someone mentioned Mario as a possibility... I like that idea.

Yup this one also crossed my mind. What other huge video game franchises would qualify?

#16093 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

For TWD, that may have been a good thing. I'm glad there's not a mode where I'm Morgan walking around for an hour where I have to hit orbits but go nowhere and get no points.

That wouldn't be good lol. However, TWD pin is missing everything regarding the war with the Saviors (nothing about Negan), The Whispers, etc. The game only seems to represent half the story. Same goes for GOT with about half of the show not being represented in game modes.

#16094 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s a pinball machine, not a DVD box set. There’s about 12 hours worth of Mando content...that’s more than enough for a game that usually lasts 5-10 minutes. LOTR was based on about 10hrs worth of movies...it doesn’t have every single beat or line of dialog. It a “best of”. The 2 seasons of Mando have more than enough adventures, action scenes & characters to make a mode-filled pin.

Right...and events from seasons 3, 4, etc won't ever be represented in the game. Well, unless Stern goes back a year or two later and adds more code...LOL.

#16095 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Right...and events from seasons 3, 4, etc won't ever be represented in the game. Well, unless Stern goes back a year or two later and adds more code...LOL.

Who cares. It’s a short interactive game based on the theme, not an entire story.

#16096 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Same goes for GOT with about half of the show not being represented in game modes.

You think it a possible or relevant to have 8 seasons worth of content in a pin? GOT’s approach was a perfect distillation of this theme. Pick a house, take the throne. These are essentially electronic board games. If you just want to watch a show, go watch the show.

#16097 2 years ago

We need a new GoT pin where the objective is to prevent Bran from becoming king.

#16098 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

We need a new GoT pin where the objective is to prevent Bran from becoming king.

Totally agree. After watching the ending and being severely dissaponted I sold my game the next week. Killer series ruined by a shitty ending.

#16099 2 years ago
Quoted from PilotPinball:

Speed Racer!
[quoted image]

I could honestly even do the movie of this. It was a pretty cool fever dream.

#16100 2 years ago

Pokemon?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 24.95
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

£ 70.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, MA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

There are 46,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 322 of 936.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/322?hl=charlemagne1987 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.