Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 321 of 938.
#16001 3 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

stern needs to put out a virtual pinball.. with the virtual . you could play many differnt pinball games . instead of spending $1,000s for one pinball game that gets boring after awhile.

Btw. what happened to Far Sight? - Last we heard of them was Ghostbusters for the Pinball Arcade...

Are they dead?

While a VPin is kinda Counter productive for Stern it doesn't hurt to release some games virtual when they're out of production.
With a game like BKSoR that would be not even a licensing problem.

#16002 3 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

Jaws.... Back to the Future. The picture of the staff a year or two back at Harry Potter world. Next game is UNIVERSAL STUDIOS THEME PARK explorer. Could event take care of their Marvel commitment by adding the Hulk Rollercoaster from Islands of Adventure.

There will be Mouse issues if they include anything marvel related

#16003 3 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

stern needs to put out a virtual pinball.. with the virtual . you could play many differnt pinball games . instead of spending $1,000s for one pinball game that gets boring after awhile.

You do realize this is a pinball forum where people are passionate about pinball?

#16004 3 years ago

I’m shocked it has not been leaked by now what the next game people we will pay big money for. Then bigger money to get a topper for it.

#16005 3 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I’m shocked it has not been leaked by now what the next game people we will pay big money for.

Hasn’t it?

D764D4D2-97C3-43A4-AA3C-40691B58CE4B (resized).jpegD764D4D2-97C3-43A4-AA3C-40691B58CE4B (resized).jpeg
#16006 3 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

Doesn't Stern know pinball in your Phone is the future?!

#16007 3 years ago
Quoted from WODKA:

Doesn't Stern know pinball in your Phone is the future?!

Pinball in your brain is actually the future.

#16008 3 years ago

LOL ...who let YOU in here? hahaha

Quoted from gregh43:

#16009 3 years ago

Stern Pokemon with exclusive Pokémon card on apron for LE’s

#16010 3 years ago

So it will be most likely a recent tv show according to kaneda. I’m sure stern is appreciative that he didn’t disclose the name. My guess is mandalorian announced on May 4th

#16011 3 years ago

Just heard the episode.

Although he didn't outright mention the titles, it's pretty apparent he's talking about Mandalorian for Stern and Scooby Doo for Spooky.

#16012 3 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Just heard the episode.
Although he didn't outright mention the titles, it's pretty apparent he's talking about Mandalorian for Stern and Scooby Doo for Spooky.

So I agree with Mandalorian (which is a big disappointment for me) but I was thinking beetle juice for Spooky. Or scooby but Beetle was the first in my mind.

#16013 3 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Just heard the episode.

I hope you are right. Our money is safe!

#16014 3 years ago

I'm disappointed (again) for no BTTF from Stern, but Scooby Doo is definitely on my radar.

#16015 3 years ago

Cash will stay in my pockets if it is Mandalorian easy pass for me.

Spooky will need a good design and shot layout before I jump in on any of their games.

#16016 3 years ago

Mando...hard pass. I have enough Star Wars franchise in my life for now. Please let it be something else.

#16017 3 years ago

Hard pass from me on mandalorian but that’s okay because it gives me more time to save up for Elwin’s next game.

#16018 3 years ago

Mandalorian is a good guess for Stern. Pee Wee would be a great spooky title....

#16019 3 years ago

Definitely hard pass on Mando. Hopefully that means the game between Mando and Elwin/Godzilla, is a Kaminkow/Lyman/BTTF combo.

#16020 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So I agree with Mandalorian (which is a big disappointment for me) but I was thinking beetle juice for Spooky. Or scooby but Beetle was the first in my mind.

Could be. I thought he said "not a movie" but that may have been for the Stern release.

To me he described Scooby Doo perfectly. In retrospect, the same could be said for Beetlejuice so what do I know?

#16021 3 years ago

Mandalorian doesn't seem like a great fit for pinball to me. But if they have the nerve to put Cara Dune in it then... I'm listening.

#16022 3 years ago

Brian Eddy on Mandolorian sounds right. Only be buying if it’s Lyman on code by some miracle. The dream duo - Lyman & Eddy - and wouldn’t matter what theme it is.

#16023 3 years ago

I miss the Kaneda that would just tell you the title when he knows it straight up. Sawft.

#16024 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

I miss the Kaneda that would just tell you the title when he knows it straight up. Sawft.

I do not think he knows, I think he is guessing just like the rest of us.

#16025 3 years ago

Kaneda is always right. That’s why I’m playing my Jaws LE that came out Christmas 2020 and was designed by Keith Elwin. I love this game. Thanks for the heads up K-man. Glad I am one of your cultists that hangs on every made up word so I could get my LE.

#16026 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

He'll get pissed off about something and announce the title. He's clearly trying to get into Stern's good graces through passive extortion. He wants the pinball elite to do his show and they won't because he's toxic. Once he realizes that they won't change their mind, he'll leak the title.

#16027 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Kaneda is the “Pinless Podcaster”.

#16028 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

He'll get pissed off about something and announce the title. He's clearly trying to get into Stern's good graces through passive extortion. He wants the pinball elite to do his show and they won't because he's toxic. Once he realizes that they won't change their mind, he'll leak the title.

Considering distributors have their reveal webinar on Tuesday, I’m sure there will be a better idea of the title then

#16029 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Mandalorian doesn't seem like a great fit for pinball to me. But if they have the nerve to put Cara Dune in it then... I'm listening.

She takes up too much real-estate and Disney would never allow it.

#16030 3 years ago

Not sure if Mandalorian makes a good pin, the show is great and I love it, but I think I would want something more upbeat and fun, already have pins that are too serious, AIQ, Stth and I think I need something different with great music and a bit more humorous just to change it up... I am leaning towards a Deadpool Pre, lol but if Scooby doo comes out I would have a hard time passing on that, it could make an amazing pin.

#16031 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Not sure if Mandalorian makes a good pin, the show is great and I love it, but I think I would want something more upbeat and fun, already have pins that are too serious, AIQ, Stth and I think I need something different with great music and a bit more humorous just to change it up... I am leaning towards a Deadpool Pre, lol but if Scooby doo comes out I would have a hard time passing on that, it could make an amazing pin.

I agree. Scooby Doo could be much bigger than Rick and Morty for Spooky. Hopefully they have an LE that is limited and a standard that is unlimited or a CE and a high count LE so they're not supply constrained and can sell all the market wants. I just hope they really concentrate on the shot geometry and engineering so they have a really solid-playing machine. If they indeed have Scooby Doo (classic), it could be fantastic. I'm sure they could get Matthew Lilliard to voice shaggy for a relative song these days.

#16032 3 years ago

Interesting. First time listening to Kaneda...that was something.

I'll agree that it doesn't sound like Spooky is doing Beetlejuice, and it certainly could be Scooby Doo. His use of the word "campy" throws me off on that, though. Multigenerational, colorful, joyous - could totally be Scooby Doo, but also several other fun shows.

As for Stern, man I dunno. Huge contemporary TV show that everyone is gonna want? This thread alone tells me that might not be Mando just because of how many people are out. Cobra Kai was huge but again he'd be overselling the widespread interest imo. Pretty perplexed on this one.

#16033 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

So it will be most likely a recent tv show according to kaneda. I’m sure stern is appreciative that he didn’t disclose the name. My guess is mandalorian announced on May 4th

Me too. My guess is scooby Doo for spooky

#16034 3 years ago

Mando could be awesome. I’m more interested in this next Stern machine now. Hopefully it’s Eddy and Lyman!

#16035 3 years ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

Mando could be awesome. I’m more interested in this next Stern machine now. Hopefully it’s Eddy and Lyman!

Stern seems to be saving Lyman for their price-premium pin releases now (Batman'66, Elvira) since he has a (well deserved) reputation. I sincerely doubt he'll be on a non-premium priced pin. Expect to see him on BTTF or Harry Potter, and pay more accordingly.

#16036 3 years ago

Add me to the ever growing large list of people saying they’re out if it is Mando. The show is just okay, but not pinball theme worthy imo. Pinball themes need to be something to be enjoyed over the long haul and must be a very established theme. Scooby Doo fits that description, but unless Spooky really improves their shot geometry and game play fun, would be easy pass, even though I like the theme.

Really want Spooky to succeed, but have played all their games and none of them have impressed me shot geometry wise, except ACNC, but the theme is not what most people want, including me. I have a friend that purchased ACNC and has been trying to sell it just a few months after purchase and he says he can’t give it away. Jetsons was a subpar layout, with not much in the game, even though by theme alone, it should have sold well. Spooky really needs some top layout design on something like Scooby Doo and that’ll take them to the next level. Who doesn’t like Scooby Doo and yes, it is very campy. Lol

#16037 3 years ago

Cmon stern just “choot it”

FFDBFBD7-6194-4DD9-85E8-4100C15D90AC (resized).jpegFFDBFBD7-6194-4DD9-85E8-4100C15D90AC (resized).jpeg
#16038 3 years ago

Being serious though the word “campy” does fit Cobra Kai perfectly .

#16039 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Being serious though the word “campy” does fit Cobra Kai perfectly .

1000% but I think campy was in reference to the Spooky pin.

I do have concerns about Spooky reliably being able to crank out enough of a huge theme like Scooby Doo. But maybe if they've teamed up with CGC as rumored that would help? (And also explain CGC's lack of recent output, too.)

#16040 3 years ago

Honestly feel like Mandalorian is too soon for a pinball release as funny as that sounds. My money is safe for now, so I guess I'll take that!

#16041 3 years ago

Much rather have the Karate Kid movie over the show. I love the show just can't beat the 1st movie. I don't even know what the rules/theme integration would look like, haha. If they did Cobra Kai I would hope it would be around Johnny and his love for the 80s! Girls, cars, music, Coors banquet and calling people pussies!

#16042 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Cmon stern just “choot it”

I would definitely buy Swamp people over mandalorian
Probably would have better call outs

8D8F8467-2445-4ACF-AF4C-45A3B97F28CD (resized).jpeg8D8F8467-2445-4ACF-AF4C-45A3B97F28CD (resized).jpeg
#16043 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:I agree. Scooby Doo could be much bigger than Rick and Morty for Spooky. Hopefully they have an LE that is limited and a standard that is unlimited or a CE and a high count LE so they're not supply constrained and can sell all the market wants. I just hope they really concentrate on the shot geometry and engineering so they have a really solid-playing machine. If they indeed have Scooby Doo (classic), it could be fantastic. I'm sure they could get Matthew Lilliard to voice shaggy for a relative song these days.

And popular theme all around the world.

#16044 3 years ago
Quoted from PappaDubz:

Probably would have better call outs [quoted image]

Is that based on the fact stern did such a great job with Big Buck Hunter

#16045 3 years ago
Quoted from PappaDubz:

Probably would have better call outs [quoted image]

Could you imagine a pop up alligator bash target? Swamp map - pick area - pick bait -fight gator - shoot gator - measure gator - get paid ...rinse and repeat . Catch snakes and frogs off season .You don’t make it 12 seasons without a crowd .Just throwing it out there I’ve read here someone wished IMDN into existence .

#16046 3 years ago

Prospect of Scooby Doo has peaked my wife’s and my interest. What’s the over under on it happening? Mando is a huge hard pass.

#16047 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I probably am too deep in the forest. I suppose my hopes for a Jaws pin have tainted my view a bit. And I agree...a straight up wizard theme is tailor made for pinball...something like Merlin’s Mayhem. It could be radically different from MM, and a lot of fun. I think I need to just let go of that Jaws shit and focus on other more likely titles.

If Deep-rut finally start making games, Jon Norris is working on Merlin's Arcade. Fact.

#16049 3 years ago

No way Spooky is doing Scooby-Doo. Back when we were guessing Rick and Morty the internal name was Scott Danesi Haunted House Party, or SDHHP. This turned into the rumor of Scooby-Doo Haunted House Party... which is where I think this is coming from.

#16050 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

No way Spooky is doing Scooby-Doo. Back when we were guessing Rick and Morty the internal name was Scott Danesi Haunted House Party, or SDHHP. This turned into the rumor of Scooby-Doo Haunted House Party... which is where I think this is coming from.

Listen to his description of it (paraphrasing). It’s scary but not horror. Campy, funny, seen by generations (SD aired in 1969), makes you happy, colorful. You tell me SD doesn’t fit that? Even my wife immediately said that’s SD because she still watches it, old and newer versions. She said we ARE getting it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 321 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/321?hl=metengo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.