Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,864 posts in this topic. You are on page 320 of 938.
#15951 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Ok...serious question that I’ve had for a while...why would Stern create merch with a shark on it if they weren’t intending to make a shark pin (Jaws, obviously)? It makes no sense. And it can’t simply be because they’re trying to screw with all the pinheads wanting a Jaws game.

Because Stern is an organization and not an entity. The merch department doesn't know the upcoming themes. They thought "whats cool that we could sell? Oh pinball people like skeletons and sharks."

#15952 3 years ago

Ok...serious question that I’ve had for a while...why would Stern create merch with a shark on it if they weren’t intending to make a shark pin (Jaws, obviously)? It makes no sense. And it can’t simply be because they’re trying to screw with all the pinheads wanting a Jaws game.

Why would they create a puzzle of a wizard in a grey cloak and pointy hat with a long white beard if they weren’t intending to vault Lord of the Rings?

#15953 3 years ago

Looks like!
Jaws
Army of darkness
Are next!

#15954 3 years ago

You think they would actually do that? The licensing via New Line w/ access to all a/v content would be extremely pricey.

Quoted from Hammerhead:

Why would they create a puzzle of a wizard in a grey cloak and pointy hat with a long white beard if they weren’t intending to vault Lord of the Rings?

#15955 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

But they DID make a LOTR in the past, so it makes sense that they could put a wizard like that on merch they sell. Selling merch that has anything at all relating to a previous game, no matter how long ago the game was made, seems appropriate. But putting something on their merch that has nothing to do with anything they made in the past or are currently making seems idiotic.

#15956 3 years ago

They are combining the games and it's going to be called JAWS 19.

jaws19_pinside (resized).pngjaws19_pinside (resized).png
#15957 3 years ago

They are in pre-production, of the 2nd film...

#15958 3 years ago

Funny if they release Back to the future and it’s code name ended up being JAWS

#15959 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

You think they would actually do that? The licensing via New Line w/ access to all a/v content would be extremely pricey.

They don't need ANY A/V content from the movies to re-release LotR on Spike with system enhancements (color, stereo sound, shaker motor, higher res printing on PF and cabinet, pooling & chipping, better flipper performance, etc). Update the dots to color, adjust layout for new aspect ratio, and higher res, print money. The original had no movie video clips.

#15960 3 years ago

But they DID make a LOTR in the past, so it makes sense that they could put a wizard like that on merch they sell. Selling merch that has anything at all relating to a previous game, no matter how long ago the game was made, seems appropriate.

Oops! You ruined your own argument right here. No need to quote the rest that's wrong. Stern had a little game called Trident. It had FOUR great whites on the backglass, and they counted them off, too.

Next argument.

trident (resized).jpgtrident (resized).jpg

#15961 3 years ago

All the talk is about Stern updating LOTR as a spike 2 w/ full lcd display. I just don’t see it happening.

Quoted from PinMonk:

They don't need ANY A/V content from the movies to re-release LotR on Spike with system enhancements (color, stereo sound, shaker motor, higher res printing on PF and cabinet, pooling & chipping, better flipper performance, etc). Update the dots to color, adjust layout for new aspect ratio, and higher res, print money. The original had no movie video clips.

#15962 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

All the talk is about Stern updating LOTR as a spike 2 w/ full lcd display. I just don’t see it happening.

Yes, but updating with a Spike full color LCD display doesn't mean they're going to add movie clips. It will print money without adding more cost like that. High res dots, adjusted for the aspect ratio change are the way.

#15963 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Oops! You ruined your own argument right here. No need to quote the rest that's wrong. Stern had a little game called Trident. It had FOUR great whites on the backglass, and they counted them off, too.
Next argument.
[quoted image]

I wasn’t trying to make an argument or start up a debate. I was legitimately asking a question. That’s why I started out with “ok...serious question “. I was not aware of Trident or the sharks on the back glass so thank you. But the sharks are not a primary element of Trident the way a shark is the primary element of Jaws or The Meg, making me again question Stern’s prominent placement of a shark on its merch. So I’m still wondering why they would so prominently put a shark on merch if they didn’t plan to make a shark themed pin or already have one among their past pins.

#15964 3 years ago

I wasn’t trying to make an argument or start up a debate. I was legitimately asking a question. That’s why I started out with “ok...serious question “. I was not aware of Trident or the sharks on the back glass so thank you. But the sharks are not a primary element of Trident the way a shark is the primary element of Jaws or The Meg, making me again question Stern’s prominent placement of a shark on its merch. So I’m still wondering why they would so prominently put a shark on merch if they didn’t plan to make a shark themed pin or already have one among their past pins.

The sharks are as much a part of Trident as Gandalf is of Lord of the Rings. The series isn't called "Gandalf" and we still have a wizard shirt (following the original line of reasoning that was not mine). We also have a samurai puzzle.

#15965 3 years ago

I didn't even realize we were getting a LOTR TV show they're dropping half a billion dollars on. Make that seem a little possible for a remake.

#15966 3 years ago

why would Stern create merch with a shark on it if they weren’t intending to make a shark pin (Jaws, obviously)? It makes no sense.

Quoted from Hammerhead:

Why would they create a puzzle of a wizard in a grey cloak and pointy hat with a long white beard

C2501215-C298-484D-B19E-CD9F11C283A4 (resized).jpegC2501215-C298-484D-B19E-CD9F11C283A4 (resized).jpeg
#15967 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The sharks are as much a part of Trident as Gandalf is of Lord of the Rings. The series isn't called "Gandalf" and we still have a wizard shirt (following the original line of reasoning that was not mine). We also have a samurai puzzle.

Ok. That’s a valid point. Like I said, I’m not familiar with Trident. Maybe it is as simple as Stern thinking a shark looks cool and since they already had one on an old game they figured they could put it on merch. I was just looking for something more compelling than a game called Trident that most people wouldn’t associate with Stern.

#15968 3 years ago

Because they are not a pinball company but a lifestyle brand, and what better to represent lifestyle than sharks.

#15969 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Because they are not a pinball company but a lifestyle brand, and what better to represent lifestyle than sharks.

Or they had the Jaws license and put together some art, just like Beetlejuice which had at least a backglass art completed before the plug got pulled. Then they may as well do something with the art so they put it on a shirt since without the logo it's just some generic shark art.

#15970 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Funny if they release Back to the future and it’s code name ended up being JAWS

Jaws was already the code name for Jurassic Park so I think they would use a different one.

#15971 3 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Jaws was already the code name for Jurassic Park so I think they would use a different one.

They might use Back to the Future for Jaws.

#15972 3 years ago

Jaws.... Back to the Future. The picture of the staff a year or two back at Harry Potter world. Next game is UNIVERSAL STUDIOS THEME PARK explorer. Could event take care of their Marvel commitment by adding the Hulk Rollercoaster from Islands of Adventure.

#15973 3 years ago

Stern should release a beef jerky pin. Mainly because I just like beef jerky

5DC4DBD1-E5D5-4E6C-B2A9-2EBF3EDFE216 (resized).jpeg5DC4DBD1-E5D5-4E6C-B2A9-2EBF3EDFE216 (resized).jpeg
#15974 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

[quoted image]

Yep. That’s pretty much the justification everyone uses in this thread. I don’t think this ones even the worst of what’s been suggested.

#15975 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:Ok. That’s a valid point. Like I said, I’m not familiar with Trident. Maybe it is as simple as Stern thinking a shark looks cool and since they already had one on an old game they figured they could put it on merch. I was just looking for something more compelling than a game called Trident that most people wouldn’t associate with Stern.

4910EFC1-6101-434B-9B93-D59702B5801A (resized).jpeg4910EFC1-6101-434B-9B93-D59702B5801A (resized).jpeg
#15976 3 years ago

[quoted image]

That's damn Sleestak jerky, isn't it!

#15977 3 years ago

That's some mighty fine looking jerky!

#15978 3 years ago

I’m all for it, let’s get fuc#kin weird pinball.

[quoted image]

#15979 3 years ago

[quoted image]

One of my favorite beef jerky’s been having since college. Can’t find one that’s better, and then finally redid the website. https://www.jcrivers.com/

#15980 3 years ago

Let's ....Double back.....to BTTF

#15981 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

One of my favorite beef jerky’s been having since college. Can’t find one that’s better, and then finally redid the website. https://www.jcrivers.com/

Ordered

#15982 3 years ago

Vice City could be epic,
Otherwise Miami Vice.............
The Password is..............................

#15983 3 years ago

Oh no.............................

My girl wants this in pinball......................
wow, im gonna go postal..................

Im. gonna sleep now and wake up to Matrix or John Wick please........................................

#15984 3 years ago

Jaws theme is old.

Sharknado theme is ridiculous.

But 3-headed sharks are hot now. Time for Stern to crank out t-shirts and to release a cornerstone puzzle.

2D3783C0-9396-4FA4-B2E7-A4C1DEACE648.jpeg2D3783C0-9396-4FA4-B2E7-A4C1DEACE648.jpeg

#15985 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

That's damn Sleestak jerky, isn't it!

Better not be.

20200823_153431 (resized).jpg20200823_153431 (resized).jpg
#15986 3 years ago

[quoted image]

There is a heavenly jerky superstore in the same shopping complex as the Dundee ,Michigan Cabellas. Check it out.

#15987 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think we are also skipping past the most obvious elephant in the room here.....
I say Pinball, you say wizard
Pinball Wizard
Pinball Wizard
Charlemagne1987 you are too deep in the forest
For anyone outside the hobby, a wizard and pinball make perfect sense.

#15988 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I think we are also skipping past the most obvious elephant in the room here.....
I say Pinball, you say wizard
Pinball Wizard
Pinball Wizard
Charlemagne1987 you are too deep in the forest
For anyone outside the hobby, a wizard and pinball make perfect sense.

I probably am too deep in the forest. I suppose my hopes for a Jaws pin have tainted my view a bit. And I agree...a straight up wizard theme is tailor made for pinball...something like Merlin’s Mayhem. It could be radically different from MM, and a lot of fun. I think I need to just let go of that Jaws shit and focus on other more likely titles.

#15989 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Jaws theme is old.
Sharknado theme is ridiculous.
But 3-headed sharks are hot now. Time for Stern to crank out t-shirts and to release a cornerstone puzzle.
[quoted image]

I’m going to check this out if Danny Trejo is in it, then it should be so bad it’s good.

#15990 3 years ago

A sharknado comprised of three headed sharks collides with a sharknado of sharktopi - now there’s a pin I could sink my teeth into !

#15991 3 years ago

Mandalorian

#15992 3 years ago

I would think Mando or Cobra Kai but then Kaneda was like...I think it's a TV show I will have to check...If Kaneda actually knows what it is...What modern theme could it be if not a Movie or TV show? Maybe a video game? He said not Mortal Kombat. Mario?

Also unless Mando being released marks the end of Star Wars being ran I don’t think that's it.

#15993 3 years ago

May the 4th Be With You?

#15994 3 years ago

Kaneda doesn’t know anything

#15995 3 years ago

Gary has had enough of my shit. First it was the far lh head in the mini pf on TWD, then it was the shark tee from last year. He's gonna put a Restraining Order:the pin as next title.

Been pushing for Jaws for a decade now. Hope they're having fine torturing....

#15996 3 years ago

Anyone up for a Lego pin?

Lego-logo (resized).pngLego-logo (resized).png
#15997 3 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Anyone up for a Lego pin?
[quoted image]

Lego Mindstorm! - So you can build the Pin AND the Code!

#15998 3 years ago

stern needs to put out a virtual pinball.. with the virtual . you could play many differnt pinball games . instead of spending $1,000s for one pinball game that gets boring after awhile.

#15999 3 years ago

If a LEGO pinball is in demand... contact Bre to build,you one from 15k bricks. She is awesome.

D7EC3749-66BC-4A68-BF2C-BF7930743593.jpegD7EC3749-66BC-4A68-BF2C-BF7930743593.jpeg
#16000 3 years ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Was there anything new about these recent pinball themes?
Led Zeppelin
The Munsters
The Beatles
Batman
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Willy Wonka
Guns N’ Roses

Hmm yes you are totally right.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

11,855 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,864 posts in this topic. You are on page 320 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/320?hl=alex_m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.