We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
images (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_4963.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,013 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 941.
#1501 6 years ago

Well, it worked for Big Lebowski, and I was one of the conspirators willing that one into existence. Now, it seems a bunch of folks have just about willed Iron Maiden into existence. So, hopefully everyone will be happy and shut up about it soon afterwards. Then move on to willing Jaws into existence so that we can get that constant noise out of the way too. Maybe then, without those two taking so much air out of Pinside, we can move on to willing into existence a great game like Scooby Dooby Doo!

#1502 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not sure if Iron Maiden will be for me or not, I know like one song-"Run for the Hills".

Same here; and that song sucks by the way. Cool thing is that IM has great art and with ZY on this one it should not disappoint in that department. If it's a great game, I will get one down the road and swap out all the music files.

#1503 6 years ago

Since I heard someone farted at Stern, I'll be getting ready for that Beavis and Butt-Head pin soon.

#1504 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Since I heard someone farted at Stern, I'll be getting ready for that Beavis and Butt-Head pin soon.

Heh heh heh yeh heh, poop heh hehe heh!

Huh huh huh you said poop

#1505 6 years ago

Bachman Turner Overdrive

#1506 6 years ago
Quoted from DefDumBlindKid:

I know I’m going to be hated on for this opinion, but here goes. Lol
In the United States, I cant speak for Europe, Iron Maiden is a Merch band ala KISS. Known more for the image of their mascot Eddie than any song they ever wrote. The difference is, and it’s hard to believe, Maiden had LESS success on the US charts than KISS. I get it, Eddie is a cool visual, and Metal !!!! Hell, I’ll buy one! But Iron Maiden probably wouldn’t sell anywhere near a Met or AcDc. Ok, let the hate begin. Lol
Also, I will note, on my visits to Europe, Germany in particular where they had very impresssive and expensive record shops, Maiden was held in much higher esteem musically.

Good job prefacing that you know nothing about Iron Maiden.

#1507 6 years ago

Is Frampton the one that got away? Ignored for too long. .... Doobie Wah ...

#1508 6 years ago

Nudge me awake when Stern is doing Jaws.

#1509 6 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Nudge me awake when Stern is doing Jaws.

Have a nice slumber Rip Van Winkle........

#1510 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Is Frampton the one that got away? Ignored for too long. .... Doobie Wah ...

No, that would be Led Zeppelin.

#1511 6 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

No, that would be Led Zeppelin.

I believe there will be a LZ pin still in the near future. Stern needs to let Borg finish his dream title. It's been discussed before. IJ4 was to be LZ but the license and the meeting of the minds couldn't quite make things happen. It would be a huge seller !!!! It needs to be done.

#1512 6 years ago

IJ4 layout as a LZ pin, HAHA

#1513 6 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

IJ4 layout as a LZ pin, HAHA

Not the layout, the game time line. IJ4 was put together in 4 months. It's in a Pingame Journal article. You'd have to dig it up.

#1514 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It's Iron Maiden.
Stern and other companies CLAIM to not listen to Pinside, but that's to keep you guys from realizing you can basically WILL game into existence.

Then I’d to will Stern to stop doing tired 70’s and 80’s themes and this is coming from someone that is turning 50 this year. I hope they dont do Jaws, Goonies, geriatric bands, etc. I would be in favor of Despicable Me, Wonder Woman (wait for the 2nd movie and include both please), Justice League (wait for a 2nd movie for more content), new Star Wars (wait for 3rd movie), Mission Impossible, etc.

#1515 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Then I’d to will Stern to stop doing tired 70’s and 80’s themes and this is coming from someone that is turning 50 this year. I hope they dont do Jaws, Goonies, geriatric bands, etc. I would be in favor of Despicable Me, Wonder Woman (wait for the 2nd movie and include both please), Justice League (wait for a 2nd movie for more content), new Star Wars (wait for 3rd movie), Mission Impossible, etc.

Everyone's Theme choice are different you got to respect that !
All the ones your in favor does 0 nada nothing at all for me , just like the ones in your collection but Maiden is an awesome them for me .

#1516 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Well, it worked for Big Lebowski, and I was one of the conspirators willing that one into existence. Now, it seems a bunch of folks have just about willed Iron Maiden into existence. So, hopefully everyone will be happy and shut up about it soon afterwards. Then move on to willing Jaws into existence so that we can get that constant noise out of the way too. Maybe then, without those two taking so much air out of Pinside, we can move on to willing into existence a great game like Scooby Dooby Doo!

Seriously, If Stern/JJP/Spooky did
- Jaws
- Tron VE
- Pulp Fiction
- Archer

I think I would be done and I would hope they all move to kick ass original themes such as TNA.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1517 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Scooby Doo, HR PUFFNSTUFF, I don’t care as long as they follow Jaws.

Stern HAS to be sick of my shit by now. I know everyone else is.

#1518 6 years ago

Scooby Doo vs JAWS!!!!!!
instant classic

sj (resized).jpgsj (resized).jpg

#1519 6 years ago

If there isn't a readyplayerone pin in our immediate futures, We will have a miss. It is spot on theme.

Like tron was.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1520 6 years ago

Along with willing themes into existence another thing you can do is be a Stern competitor and just start talking to a license. This ensures Stern will swoop in and grab it before you do, even if they have no intention of making it.

I guess that's an advantage of making old person themes, you can sit on the license for years and not worry about it becoming stale.

#1521 6 years ago

Whatever title they do next Lets make sure they acquire the whole license. This half ass stuff where we have voice actors or no scenes from the movie or no original music has to stop. This is not directed towards Stern this is ALL manufactures. Get the whole license or PASS!!!!!!

Sure sometimes you can improvise but when you are missing key parts of the theme it ruins it for me. Also for the money these new pins are costing it should halve it all. IMO

#1522 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

If there isn't a readyplayerone pin in our immediate futures, We will have a miss. It is spot on theme

Looks like Dialed In....

#1523 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

How about a Sammy Hagar/Heavy Metal pin.

Sammy Hagar has nothing to do with metal, I'm not into Iron Maiden past powersalve but man with the other bands being posted here I'm really glad its Maiden. Bon Jovi

#1524 6 years ago

When you hear they play DLR at the Olympics this past week tells you it's past time for a Van Halen pin. Would sell great overseas as well as here.

#1525 6 years ago

If they could just make Elvira 3 and The Munsters i could complete my collection and be done and save tons of money.

#1526 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Whatever title they do next Lets make sure they acquire the whole license. This half ass stuff where we have voice actors or no scenes from the movie or no original music has to stop. This is not directed towards Stern this is ALL manufactures. Get the whole license or PASS!!!!!!

If you get a license you basically get the name ("Aliens" for instance and a pre-approved art package / style guide. A great example is Avengers where all the art was composed using the same 2 stock shots of each character.

EVERYTHING ELSE is extra and that's where it gets painful. The HD LCD has only made things worse as it demands footage from movie/show which is not cheap. Often the actors aren't available, and some contracts prevent the use of sound-a-likes even. Your best bet is to find a pinhead like Seth McFarlane or Karl Urban.

This is a big reason band games are so popular (with manufacturers) You basically just license the band and their songs, then have a lot of free reign as to how this is applied to a pin.

#1527 6 years ago

Whatever happened to Scooby Doo? Did Stern swoop in and grab the license benheck ?

#1528 6 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Everyone's Theme choice are different you got to respect that !
All the ones your in favor does 0 nada nothing at all for me , just like the ones in your collection but Maiden is an awesome them for me .

His choices are right in the money for me. Also, Maiden blows donkey balls.

#1529 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Whatever happened to Scooby Doo? Did Stern swoop in and grab the license benheck ?

I don't think Stern has it. But it's HB, controlled by WB, and if it had the same restrictions as Jetsons it's not worth pursuing.

#1530 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Not the layout, the game time line. IJ4 was put together in 4 months.

Which explains a LOT.

#1531 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

If there isn't a readyplayerone pin in our immediate futures, We will have a miss. It is spot on theme.
Like tron was.

Meh. From the trailer, they basically ruined the book. So many misses on display.

#1532 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I don't think Stern has it. But it's HB, controlled by WB, and if it had the same restrictions as Jetsons it's not worth pursuing.

Are you able to elaborate on the restrictions? Curious.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1533 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Meh. From the trailer, they basically ruined the book. So many misses on display.

I am a large fan of the book. I am remaining hopeful on the movie but there is just no way certain things could be done to my satisfaction anyways.

I look forward to a good few hours spent watching. The theme for a pin however.

it could be abook pin not a movie pin. Anyways I think the theme is spot on regardless if the movie is it great.

Stack destruction multiball.

#1534 6 years ago

If Iron Maiden is current, according to another thread, take a look at this.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iron-maiden-announces-2018-legacy-of-the-beast-european-tour/

A lot of 80's hits will be featured.

#1535 6 years ago

Yep I posted this as well awhile back when story came out, this is the tour I want to see. I read or skim through that site every day for my metal news.

#1536 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I am a large fan of the book. I am remaining hopeful on the movie but there is just no way certain things could be done to my satisfaction anyways.

Making the Joust duel some kind of 3D VR thing instead of a faceoff on an arcade joust machine is dumb, making his love interest "Hollywood perfect" instead of overweight and flawed is dumb, I understand about the licensing that required the Japanese robot replacements, but it will hurt that scene since Iron Giant makes no sense in context with the Asian competitors. And the car race they invented for the movie will seem tacked on, guaranteed. I can't imagine where it would go to seem like it fits. Was very much looking forward to this until I saw the trailers.

#1537 6 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

good. hoping its a newer music themed pin so people under 35 will actually play it on location. AS, elvis, rolling stones and stern kiss all do/did bad on location due to old music theme. ac dc and MET never earned "huge" for any of our locations either. although they did better than the other groups. game play and rules are fantastic on most of the above (elvis is one of my fav pins ever), but casual, beginner, and not "pro" , tournament or league players are drawn to a game due to theme and theme alone. Those people drop the most coin on location. best recent STERN earners are ghostbusters (timeless theme all ages know it and still relevant), Star wars (same), Gotg (new theme, young people flock to it, even double flipper flappers). GOT (current, popular), TWD (Current, popular).
any new pin can have short earning power because its NEW, but ones that continue to earn have to be current relevance.

Three generations are coming to Iron Maiden shows. Nuff said.

#1538 6 years ago

Looks a cool tour.

The concept for the Legacy Of The Beast World Tour was inspired by Maiden’s mobile game and comic book of the same name and the stage set design will feature a number of different but interlocking “worlds” with a set list covering a large selection of Eighties material with a handful of surprises from later albums to add diversity.

Maiden manager Rod Smallwood explains further,

“As our fans know, we’ve been following a particular touring cycle ever since Bruce and Adrian re-joined Maiden at the start of the millennium, alternating new album tours with “History/Hits” tours. We enjoy working this way for many reasons, not least because it gives the band a chance to play both new material and the older favourites which we know fans like to hear. It keeps things fresh, not just for the fans but for the band too.

“For this History/Hits tour we decided to base the theme around the Legacy Of The Beast name, which suits our purposes perfectly by giving us scope to get creative and have some fun, especially with Eddie! I don’t want to give too much away at the moment but we’re working on a number of different stage sets, all in keeping with the Maiden tradition and we hope to give our fans a fantastic experience when they come to see this very special show.”

#1539 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

If you get a license you basically get the name ("Aliens" for instance and a pre-approved art package / style guide. A great example is Avengers where all the art was composed using the same 2 stock shots of each character.
EVERYTHING ELSE is extra and that's where it gets painful. The HD LCD has only made things worse as it demands footage from movie/show which is not cheap. Often the actors aren't available, and some contracts prevent the use of sound-a-likes even. Your best bet is to find a pinhead like Seth McFarlane or Karl Urban.
This is a big reason band games are so popular (with manufacturers) You basically just license the band and their songs, then have a lot of free reign as to how this is applied to a pin.

It would be awesome if a manufacturer recognized what Pinheads want, and what they could implement after-market, and make life easier for us.
For example, someone figured out how to use audio clips and swap out call outs and music.
It would be great if Stern made their code “open” enough that Pinheads could easy swap-in actors voices etc after the game was sold “per licensor”.

#1540 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Three generations are coming to Iron Maiden shows. Nuff said.

Sounds like a clear case of child abuse if I ever heard one.

#1542 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If they could just make Elvira 3 and The Munsters i could complete my collection and be done and save tons of money.

I'd be on board with both those titles too !

#1543 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Sammy Hagar has nothing to do with metal, I'm not into Iron Maiden past powersalve but man with the other bands being posted here I'm really glad its Maiden. Bon Jovi

I’m talking about Heavy Metal the animated movie. Sammy did the song.

#1544 6 years ago

I saw Black Panther last night and it was a great Marvel movie. It would make a great pin.

#1545 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Making the Joust duel some kind of 3D VR thing instead of a faceoff on an arcade joust machine is dumb, making his love interest "Hollywood perfect" instead of overweight and flawed is dumb, I understand about the licensing that required the Japanese robot replacements, but it will hurt that scene since Iron Giant makes no sense in context with the Asian competitors. And the car race they invented for the movie will seem tacked on, guaranteed. I can't imagine where it would go to seem like it fits. Was very much looking forward to this until I saw the trailers.

If you're a fan of the book, then you will be let down by the movie no matter what they do.

I can't think of a movie that is as good as the book it is based on. One of my favourite sci-fi books was Enders Game. Look what they did with that monstrosity of a movie.

#1546 6 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

If you're a fan of the book, then you will be let down by the movie no matter what they do.
I can't think of a movie that is as good as the book it is based on. One of my favourite sci-fi books was Enders Game. Look what they did with that monstrosity of a movie.

That's not always the case. Princess Bride was PERFECTION in its transition from book to the movie screen. It CAN be done.

#1547 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's not always the case. Princess Bride was PERFECTION in its transition from book to the movie screen. It CAN be done.

Inconceivable!!!!

#1548 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Dang, how Ironic, pun is intended, that when Keith showed Archer at Expo in 2016 and he was wearing a Iron Maiden T-shirt

Borg was wearing a guns and roses shirt in Dead flip’s guardians reveal, maybe he can design another Guns N’ Roses pin.

#1549 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Fingers and toes crossed then that Stephen Spielberg can pull it off. In any case, it would make a great Pinball theme.

#1550 6 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Fingers and toes crossed then that Stephen Spielberg can pull it off. In any case, it would make a great Pinball theme.

I think Speilberg can tweak a few things here and there for the better. I thought some parts of the book would be better to change a bit anyway when seen in movies. As cool as Joust is - side by side competition in they way in is described in the book would not be all that cool in an action movie - if fact it may seem kind of super cheesy IMO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 91.00
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 47,013 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 941.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/31?hl=ryandimx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.