Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg
Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,883 posts in this topic. You are on page 318 of 938.
#15851 3 years ago

Was watching a re run of pawn stars Monday, guy was trying to sell the sprts almanac from bttf. Another sign?

#15852 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Spoken like a true JJP fan boy. I guess you hate AFM as well since you judge games on amount of stuff crammed on a playfield? STh is another great game and doesn't have much on it. Amount of real estate taken up by toys doesn't equal a great game.

Wait I mentioned JJP in that post? No, I complemented two Stern games and provided criticism for another. AFM looks loaded compared to LZ lol. Hell AFM looks like TZ next to LZ.

I partially base a games value on the asking price and in my opinion games like TMNT and AIQ are offering more value then LZ simply based on number of interactive mechs. LZ premium looks like a $6k pin compared to TMNT and AIQ premium.

#15853 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

[quoted image]

I wish this was a parking lot in Elk Grove Village, Illinois.

#15854 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No, I complemented two Stern games

Like a typical JJP fanboy!

#15855 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wait I mentioned JJP in that post? No, I complemented two Stern games and provided criticism for another. AFM looks loaded compared to LZ lol. Hell AFM looks like TZ next to LZ.
I partially base a games value on the asking price and in my opinion games like TMNT and AIQ are offering more value then LZ simply based on number of interactive mechs. LZ premium looks like a $6k pin compared to TMNT and AIQ premium.

C'mon, buddy...we've both been here long enough that we know each other pretty well by now. You're known for focusing on toys, and are the frequent butt of jokes for that. Again: Toys and light shows are just fluff. In the end, it's all about how many times you want to hit that start button, and the recent Sterns have done that for me. And this is coming from someone who got into this hobby because of WOZ (and still owns it and likely will never sell it), and I still think JJP makes the most beautiful games out there. But I'm not buying art; I'm buying a toy.

PS - I have AFM and LZ...and you're right in one regard: LZ has only one bouncy toy...AFM has 4. But LZ also has more ramps and gets played a lot more in my house.

#15856 3 years ago

As stated in early December, the next Stern Pin is due out late April.

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Next pin reveal due 28 April
Stern delivered a month early this time!
Math below.
Aerosmith 1/4/2017 (128 days after BM66)
Star Wars 5/31/2017 (147 days after Aerosmith)
Guardians of the Galaxy 11/2/2017 (156 days after Star Wars)
Iron Maiden 3/25/2018 (144 days after Guardians of the Galaxy)
Dead Pool 8/3/2018 (131 days after Iron Maiden)
Munsters 1/12/2019 (203 days after Deadpool)
Black Knight SOR 3/25/2019 (72 days after Munsters)
Jurassic Park 7/26/2019 (122 days after BK SOR)
Stranger Things: 12/23/2019 (150 days after Jurassic Park)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 5/27/2020 (155 days after Stranger Things)
Avengers Infinity War: 9/2/2020 (98 Days after Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Led Zeppelin: 12/15/2020 (104 days after AIQ)
The average time between cornerstone releases is now 134 days.
Next Stern Pin is due on or about 28 April.
My money is still on Godzilla based on the quoted post above AND the fact the new Godzilla movie is due out Early May.

HOWEVER, I just reached out to a distributor (that shall remain anonymous) and along with my order asked about buying a BTTF, Godzilla, or Harry Potter if they are next. I was told that he didn't think it was any of those, but probably better. He had heard the next release was in early May. This lines up very nicely with the projected release date from back in December based off of historical releases. So...

Next release should be announced sometime between 28 April and 14 May (High degree of confidence) AND, is probably not BTTF, Godzilla, or Harry Potter (medium degree of confidence). Take it for what it is worth.

#15857 3 years ago

HOWEVER, I just reached out to a distributor (that shall remain anonymous) and along with my order asked about buying a BTTF, Godzilla, or Harry Potter if they are next. I was told that he didn't think it was any of those, but probably better.

So you are saying it's Jaws?!?!

Ha ha, I wish...

#15858 3 years ago

HOWEVER, I just reached out to a distributor (that shall remain anonymous) and along with my order asked about buying a BTTF, Godzilla, or Harry Potter if they are next. I was told that he didn't think it was any of those, but probably better. He had heard the next release was in early May. This lines up very nicely with the projected release date from back in December based off of historical releases. So...
Next release should be announced sometime between 28 April and 14 May (High degree of confidence) AND, is probably not BTTF, Godzilla, or Harry Potter (medium degree of confidence). Take it for what it is worth.

So what is your guess for the new title?

#15859 3 years ago

Brian Eddy => Zombie Yeti => Mortal Kombat

#15860 3 years ago

I just reached out to a distributor (that shall remain anonymous) and along with my order asked about buying a BTTF, Godzilla, or Harry Potter if they are next. I was told that he didn't think it was any of those, but probably better.

Better? Gotta be The King!

Elvis Hips of Rage! $3,000 topper that sings “All Shook Up” every time the shaker activates!

#15861 3 years ago

but probably better.

Van Halen confirmed ty ty

#15862 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm with ya. The other day I was able to play a TMNT LE, AIQ LE, and LZ LE on location. AIQ was a blast to play with a great layout and a decent number of interactive mechs. TMNT really surprised me and almost came across as a loaded Bally / Williams game, fun layout too. Then I played LZ LE...wow. There's barely anything there. "Electric Magic" means a pop up spinner? It's just dull and too wide open with nothing interacting with the ball in the lower 2/3 of the game. For the price the Zeppelin "toy" should have locked balls and moved on a track diagonally across the playfield like the train in Cactus Canyon.

I gave it a 3rd shot, latest code. I cannot get into LZ at all. I am thinking about replacing my MET music with some LZ, then its gonna a rockin LZ pin!

The bigger the license the lesser game we get. Is BTTF considered a "BIG" license?

#15863 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

C'mon, buddy...we've both been here long enough that we know each other pretty well by now. You're known for focusing on toys, and are the frequent butt of jokes for that. Again: Toys and light shows are just fluff. In the end, it's all about how many times you want to hit that start button, and the recent Sterns have done that for me. And this is coming from someone who got into this hobby because of WOZ (and still owns it and likely will never sell it), and I still think JJP makes the most beautiful games out there. But I'm not buying art; I'm buying a toy.
PS - I have AFM and LZ...and you're right in one regard: LZ has only one bouncy toy...AFM has 4. But LZ also has more ramps and gets played a lot more in my house.

Toys are fluff? What the hell are we then paying $6k - $10k+ for? A piece of an old couch and some thin pieces of metal? Lol. These insane NIB prices need to be backed up by toys, features, code, etc. That's why I was impressed with what I saw on AIQ and TMNT.

#15864 3 years ago
Quoted from Celofane:

Brian Eddy => Zombie Yeti => Mortal Kombat

That sounds pretty damn cool, would probably sell well if done right. I can imagine a ruleset where you select a character to play as that offers a unique perk (similar to the characters in JJP POTC). From what I read Brian Eddy worked on several MK games.

#15865 3 years ago

I’m sure most here won’t know the reference, but a pin based on the British TV series ‘Red Dwarf’ would be high on my list

#15866 3 years ago
Quoted from Rodent:

I’m sure most here won’t know the reference, but a pin based on the British TV series ‘Red Dwarf’ would be high on my list

It will never happen because the fanbase is probably far too small, but I'd be right there with you! I played a few Virtual Pin tables based on the show, they're fun.

#15867 3 years ago

Speaking of British TV, hopefully the next Stern music pin!

Badnews87 (resized).jpgBadnews87 (resized).jpg
#15868 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Toys are fluff? What the hell are we then paying $6k - $10k+ for? A piece of an old couch and some thin pieces of metal? Lol. These insane NIB prices need to be backed up by toys, features, code, etc. That's why I was impressed with what I saw on AIQ and TMNT.

All I know is my "barren" games are more fun than the packed-playfield games I've been playing lately. If I want more action figures and crap that doesn't really add to the gameplay, I'll just mod it.

#15869 3 years ago

I’m still going with Bond...James Bond!

#15870 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m still going with Bond...James Bond!

I would buy that today.....Hope you are correct...if not bond I have my plan B.

Imagine the artwork on one side are the bonds and on the other are villains and to top it off bond babes on the back box sides.

Shooter rod is a Walter PPK and topper would be the Aston Martin, with LEDS of course...lol

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#15871 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:I would buy that today.....Hope you are correct...if not bond I have my plan B.
Imagine the artwork on one side are the bonds and on the other are villains and to top it off bond babes on the back box sides.
Shooter rod is a Walter PPK and topper would be the Aston Martin, with LEDS of course...lol[quoted image]

Now you’re talking! Instant buy for me if it’s all the bonds not just Craig.
Aston Martin with ejector seat VUK and Jaws metal mouth ball lock, ahh man this could be awesome!

#15872 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I would buy that today.....Hope you are correct...if not bond I have my plan B.
Shooter rod is a Walter PPK and topper would be the Aston Martin, with LEDS of course...lol[quoted image]

Quoted from oneballjab:

Aston Martin with ejector seat VUK and Jaws metal mouth ball lock, ahh man this could be awesome!

It’s the only rumored theme that I would say is better/bigger title than BTTF, Jaws, Godzilla and whatever else as a previous poster mentioned.

#15873 3 years ago

Obviously, it's Welk.

#15874 3 years ago

James bond is an instant buy for every Brit, rest of the world, not so much

#15875 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

James bond is an instant buy for every Brit, rest of the world, not so much

WRONG . USA market will kill it.....just in this thread 6 buyers are ready...lol

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#15876 3 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

Jaws was so awesome.....

Dump the one hit wonder and keep Craig.

I see a circle on the bottom of the PF with 10 villains and each mode is different...take my SLE money NOW!!!!

#15877 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It’s the only rumored theme that I would say is better/bigger title than BTTF, Jaws, Godzilla and whatever else as a previous poster mentioned.

We need a break from the music pins...unless it Queen...lol

#15878 3 years ago

Or Beastie Boys or Daft Punk.

#15879 3 years ago

WRONG . USA market will kill it.....just in this thread 6 buyers are ready...lol

I wonder how Stern would handle the license. Would there be licensed assets from multiple films or at least from a specific Bond era? If Stern pulled a generic Bond theme with their own assets (the players is Bond!) then I can't see it going over well.

#15880 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

...If Stern pulled a generic Bond theme with their own assets (the players is Bond!) then I can't see it going over well.

I'd rather that with all new animations that a mix match clip show with 6 bonds or whatever.

#15881 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I wonder how Stern would handle the license. Would there be licensed assets from multiple films or at least from a specific Bond era? If Stern pulled a generic Bond theme with their own assets (the players is Bond!) then I can't see it going over well.

Bond is extremely popular over here......being an a English colony and all.

Surely there’s a Bond comic book they can use

Only Bond worth doing would be Sean Connery IMO, but can’t see that working out. Imagine if they had the same assets as B66 and Adam West’s involvement. In fact the game could almost be a re-skin of B66 down to the code.

#15882 3 years ago

I’d be good with Queen

#15883 3 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Or Beastie Boys or Daft Punk.

Daft Punk highly unlikely since they are no longer together as a performing band,act whatever they are.

#15884 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Not sure, but I’ve mentioned this before. They came out with Bond slot machines in the last couple years and are based on several movies. Pretty sure Kapow was involved in getting this licensed and are well done.

Perhaps it’s a mix of these movies.

https://www.sggaming.com/games/scientific-games/james-bond-game-series

#15885 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’d be good with Queen

Or Sabbath or vh or hendrix or rush

#15886 3 years ago

I am all over this if it’s MK. Jaws of course too.

Bond - yawn. Queen, or some other band, yawn. BTTF, MK, JAWS - yes please

#15887 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Daft Punk highly unlikely since they are no longer together as a performing band,act whatever they are.

Whether they perform together anymore has nothing to do with licensing or fan demand.

#15888 3 years ago

MK doesn’t hit the nostalgia button for me at all but I can see it doing well like Deadpool. I’d give it a flip.

#15889 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Or Sabbath or vh or hendrix or rush

You’ll see Rush in the next several months.

#15890 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Rush (Borg) is late this year.

#15891 3 years ago

MK is the biggest head scratcher ive heard in this thread. Such a flat theme it doesnt even raise a yawn for me.

#15892 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Quoted from crujones4life:

Rush (Borg) is late this year.

Now...where the hell is all this coming from???

#15893 3 years ago

So, from looking at the current thread, the horses in the race are:

The Mandalorian
Godzilla
James Bond
The Fast & The Furious
Back to the Future
JAWS
Top Gun
Pulp Fiction
The Matrix
Mortal Kombat
Harry Potter

I put the Fast & the Furious in there as it has been mentioned a lot over the years and I think it could be a surprise title.....not one that I'd buy. Mortal Kombat has also been mentioned several times. Interesting, but again, not something I'd want to own.

Motley Crue also seems like a contender, but not sure if they'd give us another music title so close to Led Zeppelin?

#15894 3 years ago

Bond, One liners galore !

#15895 3 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

So, from looking at the current thread, the horses in the race are:
The Mandalorian
Godzilla
James Bond
The Fast & The Furious
Back to the Future
JAWS
Top Gun
Pulp Fiction
The Matrix
Mortal Kombat
Harry Potter
I put the Fast & the Furious in there as it has been mentioned a lot over the years and I think it could be a surprise title.....not one that I'd buy. Mortal Kombat has also been mentioned several times. Interesting, but again, not something I'd want to own.
Motley Crue also seems like a contender, but not sure if they'd give us another music title so close to Led Zeppelin?

& "Weekend at Bernies".... The flippers always seem to be dead... You select Larry or Richard on your quest to collect Bernie Lomax's wealth. I heard they might incorporate Weekend at Bernies II however if the music starts playing on the machine it randomly starts to shake and dance in a conga line causing a tilt.

weekend_Pinball (resized).pngweekend_Pinball (resized).png
#15896 3 years ago

Rush makes a lot of sense, they’re the energizer bunny of old rock bands and the music works for 2-3 generations (thank you vinyl resurrection), and is GREAT for pinball. I just hope that the budget isn’t spilt on license like with Led Zeppelin.

#15897 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

& "Weekend at Bernies".... The flippers always seem to be dead... You select Larry or Richard on your quest to collect Bernie Lomax's wealth. I heard they might incorporate Weekend at Bernies II however if the music starts playing on the machine it randomly starts to shake and dance in a conga line causing a tilt.
[quoted image]

Man overboard !

Hahahhaa

#15899 3 years ago

Mandolorian it is then

#15900 3 years ago

Love this time of year where Lucy sets down the old "May the 4th" football and all the Pinside Chucks line up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.95
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ghent, WV
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

There are 46,883 posts in this topic. You are on page 318 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/318 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.