IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG
dr (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,850 posts in this topic. You are on page 317 of 937.
#15801 3 years ago

I know it will never happen but Schitt$ Creek would be a fun theme. So many funny call outs. A few ways you could play the pin based on the characters in the show. If you haven’t watched it yet check it out

#15802 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I know it will never happen but Schitt$ Creek would be a fun theme. So many funny call outs. A few ways you could play the pin based on the characters in the show. If you haven’t watched it yet check it out

Would be awesome actually. when you rip the spinner you would hear alexis saying "ew david". The backglass could be the shitts creek sign along the road.

Thats the show that I found during the pandemic that I just fell in love with. love it all and was sad when I finished.

#15803 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Would be awesome actually. when you rip the spinner you would hear alexis saying "ew david". The backglass could be the shitts creek sign along the road.
Thats the show that I found during the pandemic that I just fell in love with. love it all and was sad when I finished.

Eugene Levy and Catherine Ohara you expect great things from, but the actress that plays Stevie was a total surprise. Awesome in that show, and her performance in the 12 monkeys TV show she was also in was FANTASTIC.

#15804 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:Eugene Levy and Catherine Ohara you expect great things from, but the actress that plays Stevie was a total surprise. Awesome in that show, and her performance in the 12 monkeys TV show she was also in was FANTASTIC.

Couldn’t agree more. Stevie was great. Kevin was my favorite

#15805 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Couldn’t agree more. Stevie was great. Kevin was my favorite

Kevin? It's been a while, not sure who you're talking about...

#15806 3 years ago

amazing show, lol, everybody is perfect in it. Love all the characters. Stevie is awesome but I can't pick one really as they are all too perfect and relatable.

#15807 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

amazing show, lol, everybody is perfect in it. Love all the characters. Stevie is awesome but I can't pick one really as they are all too perfect and relatable.

Catherine O'hara should have had an Emmy for every season of that show. Unbelievable level of acting each and every season.

#15808 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

AFAIK Schitt’s Creek is a dramedy with very little action. Only saw one episode but I can’t fathom it making for a good theme. I am going to Netflix it more and believe that will satisfy any urge for me to see a pin. Your mileage may vary.

#15809 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Ha ha! Yeah, Schitt$ Creek would be awesome. Kim's Convenience could be fun too.

This one is more off topic, but Altered Carbon was a great Netflix show as well.

#15810 3 years ago
Quoted from Averhoeven:

Godzilla really needs to poop

Hmmmm, i'd be angry too if i was hanging for a huge dump
Gawwdd has all those Godzilla movies been based on a giant lizard is pissed cause he can't crap?

#15811 3 years ago

If Brian is up next with a design I hope it’s more like the shadow than AFM/Stranger Things. Would love to see ramp diverters again, the one on TMNT Prem/LE is almost redundant.

#15812 3 years ago

<blockquote cite="#6224704"
This one is more off topic, but Altered Carbon was a great Netflix show as well.

First season was exceptional, second not so much.

#15813 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

the one on TMNT Prem/LE is almost redundant.

One of the biggest issues I have with the Stern Pro/PreLE model is that most of the good features that are kept exclusively for the PreLe are made redundant because they only budget to code for one game. Ramp diverters like shadow change the gameplay too much- they’d have to be in both levels of the game which is unlikely.

#15814 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

One of the biggest issues I have with the Stern Pro/PreLE model is that most of the good features that are kept exclusively for the PreLe are made redundant because they only budget to code for one game. Ramp diverters like shadow change the gameplay too much- they’d have to be in both levels of the game which is unlikely.

I disagree. Where the PRE/LE models have the most exclusive toys I think the PRO models deliver the best price/fun ratio. I can not see me spend 2 or 4K on something that is nice to have and beautiful to look at. I don't think the extra money is worth for what you get extra. Over here we pay around 10K euro for a LE machina (like $11,000).
I own AIQ, GOTG, Stranger Things and JP. All PRO, and I love them all. I don't see why I should ever buy a GOTG PREM/LE. Those arms annoy the hell out of me. For NST i only like the moving demogorgon, That moving dino seems nice in JP.
AIQ is the only machine that I would consider swapping for a PREM version but I must admit the PRO is more than sufficient.

For a BTTF I might see myself buy the prem version.

Cost-related: I think all the machines hold their value well and my gutt feeling is that LE is the best investment as people always are looking for the LE versions.

#15815 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Kevin? It's been a while, not sure who you're talking about...

Damn. I watched an episode of Shameless and got mixed up lol

#15816 3 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Cost-related: I think all the machines hold their value well and my gutt feeling is that LE is the best investment as people always are looking for the LE versions.

From what I see, you're right, LE is most sought after, and there are of course a ton of Pros. Premium is kind of forgotten and retain value well also, since they seem to be about as rare as LE. I'll buy Premium if I love the theme and have no intention of selling. LE buyers seem to flip more because of the "investment".

#15817 3 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

From what I see, you're right, LE is most sought after, and there are of course a ton of Pros. Premium is kind of forgotten and retain value well also, since they seem to be about as rare as LE. I'll buy Premium if I love the theme and have no intention of selling. LE buyers seem to flip more because of the "investment".

It’s true LEs are easiest to move except maybe Zep or Stranger Things, but hey even KISS became a hot commodity so you never know. Just takes a while.

#15818 3 years ago

Hopefully a sign

IMG_20210413_154841 (resized).jpgIMG_20210413_154841 (resized).jpg
#15819 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

It’s true LEs are easiest to move except maybe Zep or Stranger Things, but hey even KISS became a hot commodity so you never know. Just takes a while.

Good luck finding a SThLE - one just sold (listed at 8800, no less) and three people want one. Zeppelin will get there...it's a great game and there are a ton of fans.

#15820 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeremy19:

Hopefully a sign
[quoted image]

Posted where?

#15821 3 years ago

Says the guy with a wrestlemania le

#15822 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeremy19:

Hopefully a sign
[quoted image]

Oh here are some other shots of that same area of Universal Studios Florida... DSC07214 (resized).JPGDSC07214 (resized).JPGDSC07215 (resized).JPGDSC07215 (resized).JPG

How about this one of me in 1992 (Umbro shorts & bowl cut to prove the time frame)... img019 (resized).jpgimg019 (resized).jpg

2014 - 22 years later... Me & Doc... Oh and if you look carefully BRUCE aka JAWS in the background DSC07195 (resized).JPGDSC07195 (resized).JPG

#15823 3 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

I disagree. Where the PRE/LE models have the most exclusive toys I think the PRO models deliver the best price/fun ratio. I can not see me spend 2 or 4K on something that is nice to have and beautiful to look at. I don't think the extra money is worth for what you get extra. Over here we pay around 10K euro for a LE machina (like $11,000).
I own AIQ, GOTG, Stranger Things and JP. All PRO, and I love them all. I don't see why I should ever buy a GOTG PREM/LE. Those arms annoy the hell out of me. For NST i only like the moving demogorgon, That moving dino seems nice in JP.
AIQ is the only machine that I would consider swapping for a PREM version but I must admit the PRO is more than sufficient.
For a BTTF I might see myself buy the prem version.

I think you misunderstood my post, or maybe it wasn’t clear.

#15824 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Says the guy with a wrestlemania le

It’s funny because I was selling it tomorrow but my family said no last minute. I felt bad to back out but family first. Has a lot of nostalgia for us. Sometimes it’s the memories that win out. Regardless, that pin is fun as hell. It’s different and the layout is made to match the theme, unlike Zep which honestly could be any pin if you change the music and art.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Good luck finding a SThLE - one just sold (listed at 8800, no less) and three people want one. Zeppelin will get there...it's a great game and there are a ton of fans.

I don’t want one, but that’s my point. Not everything is a hit and classic out of the gate, but down the line they may be in demand anyway.

#15825 3 years ago

It’s funny because I was selling it tomorrow but my family said no last minute. I felt bad to back out but family first. Has a lot of nostalgia for us. Sometimes it’s the memories that win out. Regardless, that pin is fun as hell. It’s different and the layout is made to match the theme, unlike Zep which honestly could be any pin if you change the music and art.

I don’t want one, but that’s my point. Not everything is a hit and classic out of the gate, but down the line they may be in demand anyway.

To each his own. If you've played a zepp prem or le with latest code, I bet you'd change your opinion. Very fun pin. Im jus poking fun at ya bud, I've only had 1 or 2 games I really didn't like. Just tired of people crapping on lz, give it a try!

#15826 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

To each his own. If you've played a zepp prem or le with latest code, I bet you'd change your opinion. Very fun pin. Im jus poking fun at ya bud, I've only had 1 or 2 games I really didn't like. Just tired of people crapping on lz, give it a try!

No worries! I’m sure it’s fun. I’ve burned thru most Ritchies. Zep is a top 3 band for me. But I just wish they put the same effort into it as ACDC. That’s SUCH a killer pin. I miss it but played the hell out of it.

#15827 3 years ago

No worries! I’m sure it’s fun. I’ve burned thru most Ritchies. Zep is a top 3 band for me. But I just wish they put the same effort into it as ACDC. That’s SUCH a killer pin. I miss it but played the hell out of it.

Its been said licensing was a bitch, maybe thats all they were able to do. I have to say , the last 2 updates were better than any other single update to any of the 13 sterns I've owned. Plus with pinwoofer and a klipsch sub, its sounds amazing .. much better game than acdc, which I too owned . And won't again ,,,,,,,, probably haha

#15828 3 years ago

What in Gods name is Shitt$ creek ? Anyway for what it’s worth I’m pretty sure MK is next .My theory is the only Godzilla that would throw pinheads in a frenzy would be Toho and that would need to be spaced out away from the new movie .MK just makes sense with the movie plus the subtle puzzle teaser seemed to match the way Stern rolls .If GZ is a Toho then it’s Elwin 4 sho.My name is Kevin and I’m always wrong .

#15829 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

What in Gods name is Shitt$ creek ? Anyway for what it’s worth I’m pretty sure MK is next .My theory is the only Godzilla that would throw pinheads in a frenzy would be Toho and that would need to be spaced out away from the new movie .MK just makes sense with the movie plus the subtle puzzle teaser seemed to match the way Stern rolls .If GZ is a Toho then it’s Elwin 4 sho.My name is Kevin and I’m always wrong .

MK?

#15830 3 years ago

Mortal kombat
(Not saying that’s the title)

Wtf ever happened with Pulp Fiction

#15831 3 years ago

You think that's really next? Hadn't heard. Hope its gz or bttf. Im headin to nx level this week to pick up a pin, ill ask J

#15832 3 years ago

Yeah Mortal Kombat .Just my 2 pennies .

#15834 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You think that's really next? Hadn't heard. Hope its gz or bttf. Im headin to nx level this week to pick up a pin, ill ask J

That place is awesome

#15835 3 years ago

So we all come to this thread to see what’s next......but no one knows what’s next!!

#15836 3 years ago

I really think it's BTTF

#15837 3 years ago

Overheard Doc and Marty talking about the upcoming BTTF pinball machine...
EC570258-C363-4455-A3A1-4C31B54B76F2 (resized).jpegEC570258-C363-4455-A3A1-4C31B54B76F2 (resized).jpeg ...lol

#15838 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Overheard Doc and Marty talking about the upcoming BTTF pinball machine...
[quoted image]

I read years ago it wasn’t actually MJF that refused but it was his agent at the time that passed it up and it never even got to MJF.

His agent felt he was too big at the time to do the gig, I guess Universal, Pepsi and Nike pay a lot more than Data East where offering.

No idea how accurate it is but have either version of events ever been 100% confirmed by anyone?

#15839 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I read years ago it wasn’t actually MJF that refused but it was his agent at the time that passed it up and it never even got to MJF.
His agent felt he was too big at the time to do the gig, I guess Universal, Pepsi and Nike pay a lot more than Data East where offering.
No idea how accurate it is but have either version of events ever been 100% confirmed by anyone?

Urban legend says it was likely the agent. After all, MJF’s face did not end up on the machine and surely Data East aka Joe Kamikow did seek to have MJF’s image on the machine. Would think MJF would have wanted his image on the back box more than a small scale licensing fee, that wouldn’t have meant much to him at the time. Hope this time, they get it like they did the SW characters. Back then no one really understood pinball and that it is such a niche market, unlike lunch pails, juice cartoons or soda cans that sell in the millions, lol.
4578CDAB-A918-4C34-B91B-D7FAE48EBC69 (resized).jpeg4578CDAB-A918-4C34-B91B-D7FAE48EBC69 (resized).jpeg

#15840 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Urban legend says it was likely the agent. After all, MJF’s face did not end up on the machine and surely Data East aka Joe Kamikow did seek to have MJF’s image on the machine. Would think MJF would have wanted his image on the back box more than a small scale licensing fee, that wouldn’t have meant much to him at the time. Hope this time, they get it like they did the SW characters. Back then no one really understood pinball and that it is such a niche market, unlike lunch pails, juice cartoons or soda cans that sell in the millions, lol.
[quoted image]

If the deal involves a financial donation to MJF Foundation I’m sure he would be more than willing to be involved this time around, his foundation is the key if there is any resistance from his side but he seems to be doing a lot of fun little projects at the moment, like playing Marty again in Lil Nas music video.

#15841 3 years ago
Rule 1 for 2020 (resized).jpgRule 1 for 2020 (resized).jpg
#15842 3 years ago

I'm with ya. The other day I was able to play a TMNT LE, AIQ LE, and LZ LE on location. AIQ was a blast to play with a great layout and a decent number of interactive mechs. TMNT really surprised me and almost came across as a loaded Bally / Williams game, fun layout too. Then I played LZ LE...wow. There's barely anything there. "Electric Magic" means a pop up spinner? It's just dull and too wide open with nothing interacting with the ball in the lower 2/3 of the game. For the price the Zeppelin "toy" should have locked balls and moved on a track diagonally across the playfield like the train in Cactus Canyon.

#15843 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm with ya. The other day I was able to play a TMNT LE, AIQ LE, and LZ LE on location. AIQ was a blast to play with a great layout and a decent number of interactive mechs. TMNT really surprised me and almost came across as a loaded Bally / Williams game, fun layout too. Then I played LZ LE...wow. There's barely anything there. "Electric Magic" means a pop up spinner? It's just dull and too wide open with nothing interacting with the ball in the lower 2/3 of the game. For the price the Zeppelin "toy" should have locked balls and moved on a track diagonally across the playfield like the train in Cactus Canyon.

Spoken like a true JJP fan boy. I guess you hate AFM as well since you judge games on amount of stuff crammed on a playfield? STh is another great game and doesn't have much on it. Amount of real estate taken up by toys doesn't equal a great game.

#15844 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Damn. I watched an episode of Shameless and got mixed up lol

I watched the final episode, sad to see it go. Amazing , Quirky real life type of show. They sure covered every category of life.

11 years really is incredible for a show to run. Not many have that success. I can think of maybe 5 over my life to go longer than 11 seasons.

Crazy pin idea, we could save frank, go drink at the alibi, steal some harley's....haha

#15845 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

#15846 3 years ago

CC39628D-1FE7-40D8-B753-829A15D6D5B5 (resized).jpegCC39628D-1FE7-40D8-B753-829A15D6D5B5 (resized).jpeg

#15847 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

[quoted image]

Great picture. Did you ever see the story about the warehouse that was forgotten and had band new parts, engines all for Deloreans. Like a time capsule.

1980's tech all new in boxes....was bizarre.

#15848 3 years ago

I think Harry Potter will be the close to Christmas release...

#15849 3 years ago

So, any news?

#15850 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pitch Meeting summed it up pretty well...

Good grief it’s even more stupid than I thought. In fact, it’s more stupid than I could ever imagine. Explains a lot.

Quoted from PinMonk:

I, too, love a spectacle. I really liked the first Pacific Rim because it had kaijū and giant robots and a decent story that at least tried and wasn't a snooze-fest. I hated GvK. The story was terrible, and starting the first confrontation in the middle of the OCEAN was a terrible idea. It literally never came together enough to have me invested in any of it.

As a point of reference, I don’t particularly like big, dumb action movies, but Pacific Rim wasn’t terrible. Merely ridiculous.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Staten Island, NY
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet Parts
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 19.99
Playfield - Other
FlipMods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,850 posts in this topic. You are on page 317 of 937.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/317?hl=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.