Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,877 posts in this topic. You are on page 315 of 938.
#15701 3 years ago
0980A07B-A8BB-4CAC-984F-B51BD332FBD5 (resized).jpeg0980A07B-A8BB-4CAC-984F-B51BD332FBD5 (resized).jpeg114ACA18-D3A0-48F2-8ECD-2915934A73F5 (resized).jpeg114ACA18-D3A0-48F2-8ECD-2915934A73F5 (resized).jpeg3E0BAA4A-A427-4BA2-9B9E-097CCCBAD801 (resized).png3E0BAA4A-A427-4BA2-9B9E-097CCCBAD801 (resized).png758594C2-4031-4F91-8888-070D8FB8E0A6 (resized).jpeg758594C2-4031-4F91-8888-070D8FB8E0A6 (resized).jpegDDDB7F39-8CE1-4224-93D9-7EBADF2351D2 (resized).jpegDDDB7F39-8CE1-4224-93D9-7EBADF2351D2 (resized).jpeg
#15702 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Flashbacks!!!! Dont forget about GIJoe...

#15703 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

The He Man episode of The Toys That Made Us is really great. If anyone hasn't seen it, they should make time to do it.

#15704 3 years ago

Hell yeah, artwork is fire

Quoted from johnnyutah:

#15705 3 years ago

I keep opening this thread and I have no idea why. I need help.

#15706 3 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Need a new South Park pin. Had the sega one but wasn’t very good.

South park should not have been made in the first place

#15707 3 years ago
Quoted from Willys45:

Same here the only reason is the hope that finally one day Stern will announce the next title

#15708 3 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

South park should not have been made in the first place

Do you have any other trash takes you'd like to share? South Park is absolutely amazing. Everything Trey Parker and Matt Stone have done is. A South Park pin that's properly done would be incredible.

#15709 3 years ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

Do you have any other trash takes you'd like to share? South Park is absolutely amazing. Everything Trey Parker and Matt Stone have done is. A South Park pin that's properly done would be incredible.

I like the show, at least the first several seasons, a bright spot during my early yrs In the Army

But it should never have been a pin, the one that was made was shallow, go ahead and downvote me for having an opinion different than yours

#15710 3 years ago

HS III

From the King
Corny clip, but classic track for the next high speed Pin

Who can pick the Pin at the 2:34 mark ?

#15711 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

HS III
From the King
Corny clip, but classic track for the next high speed Pin
Who can pick the Pin at the 2:34 mark ?

uh....how to f#ck up the original version....

#15712 3 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

uh....how about f#cking up the original version....

Just for you bro

#15713 3 years ago

This is how we do it down under

The Angels

Total Ripper band from the 80's

Doc Neeson and the Brewster Brothers = Total Legends

Another Cracking track for HS III

#15714 3 years ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

Id sign up for a book of mormon pin! I saw that show in the first month it launched with original cast like Josh Gad. Some folks still didnt know what it was and was funny to watch people leave early in disgust. Love that show. Actually has a wholesome message in the end too.

#15715 3 years ago

A Cracking Track for HS III
I have no idea WTF
But Kickin Ass................
See these mad men in concert you will not be dissapointed.......
Man, the dude has a light bulb in hes mouth, fester....lolol

#15716 3 years ago
Quoted from Willys45:

Same. This is like another Deeproot thread for me. 80 posts of nothing.

#15717 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Same. This is like another Deeproot thread for me. 80 posts of nothing.

Just for you cuz

#15718 3 years ago

No worriez, I be trippin

#15719 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Godzilla is far from a godawful theme. More popular than WOZ. Feel sad for you that you don’t like a movie we’re giant monsters fight and knock the crap out of each other. Guess my childhood growing up in the 70’s and 80’s are hard to beat.

The meaning and pathos behind the original Godzilla is interesting, creative and compelling. The very fact that it’s been reduced repeatedly to giant monsters beating the crap out of each other is why I’ve lost interest. It’s boring, formulaic and cliche. If that’s your jam, knock yourself out.

More popular than WOZ? By what measure? I’m not disputing you, but I’d like to understand your reasoning.

#15720 3 years ago
Quoted from nilsgg:

I would like to see pins based on game themes like:
- Overwatch
- League of Legends
- Rocket League
- Mario Kart
- WoW
- CoD
- Little Big Planet
- Destiny

Ya, i would love to have some more modern video game themes on pins. I think WoW and League of Legends would probably kill it.

We need to get some more of the younger generation involved in pinball, boomers like me can't keep this obsession alive forever.

#15721 3 years ago

Voltron Lions

#15722 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

I can't believe this Forum is not all about MATRIX!

Would have to have magnets in it to slow the balls down, pinball bullet time!!

#15723 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

The meaning and pathos behind the original Godzilla is interesting, creative and compelling. The very fact that it’s been reduced repeatedly to giant monsters beating the crap out of each other is why I’ve lost interest. It’s boring, formulaic and cliche. If that’s your jam, knock yourself out.
More popular than WOZ? By what measure? I’m not disputing you, but I’d like to understand your reasoning.

By what measure is Big Trouble In Little China absurd?
I realise it’s a bit of a cheesy movie but that’s part of its charm. It’s a hugely underrated 80’s cult Classic.
Ok you got me I’m one of the three people dam it!
Maybe stern could do a very limited run of 3 for me and my two BTILC Compadres, it could happen! Haha

7F253A57-BA23-4B86-9636-C54E38FE068C (resized).jpeg7F253A57-BA23-4B86-9636-C54E38FE068C (resized).jpeg
#15724 3 years ago

Big Trouble in Little China is doing better in the poll than Friday 13th and Hellbound Hellraiser combined. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-movie-pin-would-you-like-to-see-poll-inside

#15725 3 years ago

Goin on 30 years, still haven't met anyone who said cars over lions. Although I did know one kid who had the cars. But I was also the 'only kid' with the plastic lions that the figures fit into, instead of the cool metal lions. So it was up to chance on what Santa chose.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#15726 3 years ago

Fuck it , everybody is afraid to suggest what they really want , so I will do it .
The Cobbler

IMG_20210405_030910 (resized).jpgIMG_20210405_030910 (resized).jpg
#15727 3 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Goin on 30 years, still haven't met anyone who said cars over lions. Although I did know one kid who had the cars. But I was also the 'only kid' with the plastic lions that the figures fit into, instead of the cool metal lions. So it was up to chance on what Santa chose.

I knew one kid with cars, I saw it once! Lol

I owned both versions of lions, not because my mom could afford them, I bartered with a rich kid lol

#15728 3 years ago

If we're going to keep suggesting video game series

The top choice for me personally would be

Fallout... content for weeks....

#15729 3 years ago

There are only two legitimate video games I can think of that would make great pinball machines.

Zelda

Or Grand Theft Auto

#15730 3 years ago

Scarface
Usual Suspects
Pearl Jam
BTTF
Mandolorian
Goonies

First 3 would pony up for the CE

#15731 3 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

By what measure is Big Trouble In Little China absurd?
I realise it’s a bit of a cheesy movie but that’s part of its charm. It’s a hugely underrated 80’s cult Classic.
Ok you got me I’m one of the three people dam it!
Maybe stern could do a very limited run of 3 for me and my two BTILC Compadres, it could happen! Haha
[quoted image]

My comments are based on the fact that it was a complete and utter failure when it was released. It was considered a derivative piece of crap in its time. Since then it’s gained a cult following. So maybe that can carry the day, but my guess is that an overwhelming majority of the people in the world that might buy a pinball machine don’t know or care about this movie.

“The film was a commercial failure, grossing $11.1 million in North America, below its estimated $19 to $25 million budget. It received mixed reviews that left Carpenter disillusioned with Hollywood and influenced his decision to return to independent filmmaking. It has since become a cult classic and has a 78% average rating on Rotten Tomatoes and a steady audience on home video.”

I’ll grant you this, it’s a better theme than “The Golden Child”. But not by much.

#15732 3 years ago

Mortal combat is coming out and it looks pretty good. Maybe a mortal combat pin. Not for me but for you guys.

#15733 3 years ago
Quoted from Raiders36:

Scarface
Usual Suspects
Pearl Jam
BTTF
Mandolorian
Goonies
First 3 would pony up for the CE

Scanning down that list I can agree with Scarface and the Mandalorian but I would literally rather have a pinball machine called Nails on the Chalkboard than Pearl Jam.

#15734 3 years ago

When is announcement due.

#15735 3 years ago

Second week of April

Quoted from gamera9:

#15736 3 years ago

Antman

With a miniature ball

#15737 3 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

Last week of April we were told.

#15738 3 years ago

What will they announce?

#15739 3 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

What will they announce?

I think that's what we have been discussing

#15740 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I think that's what we have been discussing

Lolololol

#15741 3 years ago

Also...

1991 (resized).jpg1991 (resized).jpgback_to_the_future (resized).jpgback_to_the_future (resized).jpg
#15742 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Also...
[quoted image][quoted image]

I hope you are right!

#15743 3 years ago

It would have been in keeping with Stern's recent trolling to have released a new game while pinside was down

#15744 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

It would have been in keeping with Stern's recent trolling to have released a new game while pinside was down

What have they been trolling?

#15745 3 years ago

Or slip in a Tron VE

#15746 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

What have they been trolling?

Puzzles and April fools gags mostly

#15747 3 years ago

All in good fun and it keeps us guessing. I thought it was hilarious how people were reading into it , as I'm guessing that was their idea. Hoping for Godzilla or bttf, no tron or mandolorian in our house

#15748 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Just watched it, no good. Hopefully Stern does the right thing and goes classic Godzilla.

Quoted from Mattyk:

I watched Godzilla vs Kong last night. What a shitty movie. If they make a Godzilla pin it’s gonna flop

Quoted from mostater:

You may be right about Kong vs. Godzilla, but chocolate and peanut butter together is AWESOME! [quoted image]

Quoted from PinMonk:

These fantasy matchups that somehow pass all studio checkpoints to become bad movies drive me crazy.
Kong was a few stories tall and climbed up the empire state building originally. They scaled him up in successive movies, but not to Godzilla size. Now he's as tall as like 3 empire state buildings so he's big enough to fight Godzilla? Godzilla is nuclear-powered, no problem there. King Kong would have to eat a ZOO every day to stay alive we don't have enough zoos. So dumb. Leave these matchups to the fanboys and keep the chocolate and peanut butter separate. Historically they just can't be done well. The universes are too different.

Of course I knew I'd find a whole bunch of people here who sure enough didn't rate the Godzilla vs Kong, really makes me scratch my head about the demographics we have here. ... I've watched it twice now and had a ball both times and it absolutely rocks the HT. I feel there's tons of good stuff for a pin. I definitely enjoyed far more than the other Warner's Godzilla movies it. MechaGodzilla was the nice twist too. Definitely don't have to go back to TOHO for it to be a good pin as much as I too grew up with those movies.

#15749 3 years ago

I am waiting for the announcement. If it is Godzilla I am in, if not the AIQ.

#15750 3 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

I've watched it twice now and had a ball both times and it absolutely rocks the HT.

Being wrong is okay dude.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.95
15,000 (OBO)
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
There are 46,877 posts in this topic. You are on page 315 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/315?hl=mpdpvdpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.