Buffy (resized).jpg
enjoy your balls.gif
balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,146 posts in this topic. You are on page 312 of 923.
#15551 2 years ago

7k for a stern pro spike homepin with a coin door .....lol \
the 4995 Stern Quicksilvers are looking better every day
or the 7K Addams family's \
New Stern Pricing is a Joke.

#15552 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

7k for a stern pro spike homepin with a coin door .....lol \
the 4995 Stern Quicksilvers are looking better every day
or the 7K Addams family's \
New Stern Pricing is a Joke.

#15553 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

My Hill Valley OS since updating to the latest software shows this....[quoted image]

lol, for a moment there I almost fall for it.

#15554 2 years ago

I'm going with Kapow Harry Potter based on LOTR retheme. Given the history with Gomez and the ease of incorporating existing elements (Path of the Dead = Quidditch pitch, large array of characters to collect, 6 modes plus destroy the ring = 7 horcruxes, etc.). Maybe not this round but when it happens, that's my guess.

#15555 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

My Hill Valley OS since updating to the latest software shows this....[quoted image]

Did someone here use "Double Back Past" BTTF font or did Stern?
Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 2.37.12 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-04-01 at 2.37.12 PM (resized).png

#15556 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Did someone here use "Double Back Past" BTTF font or did Stern?
[quoted image]

I thought someone here doctored it up...not positive though

#15557 2 years ago
Quoted from TheShadowsNose:

I'm going with Kapow Harry Potter based on LOTR retheme. Given the history with Gomez and the ease of incorporating existing elements (Path of the Dead = Quidditch pitch, large array of characters to collect, 6 modes plus destroy the ring = 7 horcruxes, etc.). Maybe not this round but when it happens, that's my guess.

Please no, I think LOTR is great but the idea of taking a brand like Harry Potter and going yeah lets just do a quick easy retheme... Harry Potter is just to massive not to go all in with the super pin. This is Stern though and I can totally see them going it will sell anyway and just spending the least time and effort possible

#15558 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

You mean a MCFLY
[quoted image]

Imagine the cross over.

#15559 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I thought someone here doctored it up...not positive though

Someone doctored it up. This was the next post from them on their Instagram story:

Screenshot_20210401-144402_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210401-144402_Instagram (resized).jpg
#15560 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Please no, I think LOTR is great but the idea of taking a brand like Harry Potter and going yeah lets just do a quick easy retheme... Harry Potter is just to massive not to go all in with the super pin. This is Stern though and I can totally see them going it will sell anyway and just spending the least time and effort possible

Batman and Beatles were both worthy of original themes as well. Not say’n it’s right, just following stern/kapow logic.

#15561 2 years ago

No BTTF....... Then I stick to my JP.

#15562 2 years ago

I'd go with Harry Potter over BTTF without a second thought.

But I'd go for The Matrix or Blade Runner over either of them. I also think High Plains Drifter would be epic. I'm showing my age I will stop now.

#15563 2 years ago
Quoted from Looney:

But I'd go for The Matrix or Blade Runner over either of them. I also think High Plains Drifter would be epic. I'm showing my age I will stop now.

lol. yes you covered the last 4 decades pretty well, you are still young unless you said something like, I'd take a Giligan island over all of them or a I love Lucy... lol, anyway... you are good man, dont worry! You are not alone, lol

#15564 2 years ago
Quoted from Looney:

who are these people?

Harry Freaking Potter over the best trilogy ever made?

#15565 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

who are these people?

Best trilogy ever made? Wow that is a strong statement.

What is the matter with kids these days? ARE YOU ON DOPE? lol sorry I couldn't resist

#15566 2 years ago
Quoted from Looney:

What is the matter with kids these days? ARE YOU ON DOPE? lol sorry I couldn't resist

name a better one...

#15567 2 years ago
Quoted from Looney:

Quoted from Looney:

"Mr Spicoli what in the hell do you think you're doing" "Learning about Cuba,having some food"

#15568 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

name a better one...

LOTR, Star Wars, Mad Max, Bourne all better movies (IMO) than BTTF.

#15569 2 years ago

Watched the first movie recently.. Meant to be!

Dr. Emmett Brown:
Shhhhhh. Of course. From a group of Libyan nationalists. They wanted me to build them a bomb, so I took their plutonium and in turn, gave them a shiny bomb-casing filled with used pinball machine parts.

#15570 2 years ago

tHE ORIGINAL sTAR WARS 4,5,6 . PERIOD BAR NONE

Quoted from Purdue:

name a better one...

#15571 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

who are these people?

Im about to turn 40 and love bttf. But harry potter I would take a thousand times over before bttf. Love the books, movies, universal, everything. Gimme HP! And then bttf

My distributor knows either game comes out to save me an Le

#15572 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

name a better one...

Alien, The Dollars trilogy(Eastwood), Godfather

#15573 2 years ago

let’s see what movie series is better than BTTF trilogy? this is going to be easy, let me spend 5 minutes ....

Jaws (throw out episodes 2 & 3).

Halloween ‘78 & ‘18 (throw out all others).

IJ (I liked all four movies).

Matrix (throw out episodes 2 & 3).

Alien.

Any Harry Potter movie (that’s x8).

I’ll stop there because I am out of time.

#15574 2 years ago

Does Stern have a release date for A-TEAM yet?

#15575 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Im about to turn 40 and love bttf. But harry potter I would take a thousand times over before bttf. Love the books, movies, universal, everything. Gimme HP! And then bttf
My distributor knows either game comes out to save me an Le

The Universal Harry Potter is flippin cool.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#15576 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

name a better one...

Blade

#15577 2 years ago

Harry Potter is another theme that was great before the Movies. Sure it would be nice to have the full movie license on the pin at the same time it's not all necessary. The theme song is really all you need. Been plenty of video games that get by without the movie license. I would prefer the callouts done by the audio book voice actor.

#15578 2 years ago
Quoted from Looney:

LOTR, Star Wars, Mad Max, Bourne all better movies (IMO) than BTTF.

good list until the end
imo

1a SW
1b BTTF
LOTR was damn good.

not a mad max fan but,
bourne....buhahahaha

Quoted from Jaybird815:

Alien, The Dollars trilogy(Eastwood), Godfather

I can see the argument for godfather, alien is much much further down my list. Don't know the classic Eastwood stuff.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

let’s see what movie series is better than BTTF trilogy? this is going to be easy, let me spend 5 minutes ....
Jaws (throw out episodes 2 & 3).
Halloween ‘78 & ‘18 (throw out all others).
IJ (I liked all four movies).
Matrix (throw out episodes 2 & 3).
Alien.
Any Harry Potter movie (that’s x8).
I’ll stop there because I am out of time.

Ok so the only option you gave was Alien... and (respectfully) its not in the same league

NOpe...

Fun discussion! I might pick JP even though 2 and 3 were mediocre. Original JP was that good for me... my generations SW.

Dont understand the Harry Potter love, but admittedly im just old enough that i missed the craze. Must be a generational thing like the ones at the top of my list.

#15579 2 years ago

Better trilogy than BTTF?
Jaws sucks
Halloween sucks
IJ good but not better
Matrix 2,3 sucks
Mad max dumb series
Star Wars original movies are dumb with terrible acting and dialogue.
LOTR is great but not as fun
Harry Potter is unwatchable trash! Hate ever single 1 of those dumb movies!

#15580 2 years ago
Quoted from Boblabla:

Jaws sucks
Halloween sucks
IJ good but not better
Matrix 2,3 sucks
Mad max dumb series

Do you like anything? Tell us how you really feel.

#15581 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

good list until the end
imo
1a SW
1b BTTF
LOTR was damn good.
not a mad max fan but,
bourne....buhahahaha

I can see the argument for godfather, alien is much much further down my list. Don't know the classic Eastwood stuff.

Ok so the only option you gave was Alien... and (respectfully) its not in the same league

NOpe...
Fun discussion! I might pick JP even though 2 and 3 were mediocre. Original JP was that good for me... my generations SW.
Dont understand the Harry Potter love, but admittedly im just old enough that i missed the craze. Must be a generational thing like the ones at the top of my list.

Fun discussion for sure, now I’m going to rewatch the dollars trilogy, been awhile.

#15582 2 years ago
Quoted from Boblabla:

Jaws sucks
Halloween sucks
IJ good but not better
Matrix 2,3 sucks
Mad max dumb series

fired (resized).pngfired (resized).png
#15583 2 years ago

Let’s all be honest here - BTTF is actually not that good. It just hits the nostalgia sweet spot for 70% of pinball collectors.

#15584 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Let’s all be honest here - BTTF is actually not that good. It just hits the nostalgia sweet spot for 70% of pinball collectors.

I had never ever seen BTTF until 2 weeks ago. I’m 38 and it seemed cool but never had that draw. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I mean, having watched Star Wars with my son before that, I question whether that era had a fixation for family members wanting to hook up, but outside that, it was a good movie and I look forward to the 2nd.

Ghostbusters however... that movie sucked. How is it listed as a comedy??? It starts off with a sort of funny card reading scene and then just continues to prove Dan Ackroyd was never funny, ever. You can’t have a comedy and forget to include jokes. Sigorney plays her usual “stick up her ass self”, and Rick Moranis is a nerd. It’s should’ve been called “Type Cast: the movie... with some ghosts”

#15585 2 years ago

No one has mentioned 1000 ways to die in the old west. That’s funny shit right there. Blazing Saddles would be great too

#15586 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

No one has mentioned 1000 ways to die in the old west. That’s funny shit right there. Blazing Saddles would be great too

Very dangerous the old west...

2B21AB51-AD5D-46EA-AF51-6DD3F1BE64A1 (resized).jpeg2B21AB51-AD5D-46EA-AF51-6DD3F1BE64A1 (resized).jpegB7C8A9A6-19E3-4315-8B84-B8D915FE9208 (resized).jpegB7C8A9A6-19E3-4315-8B84-B8D915FE9208 (resized).jpeg
#15587 2 years ago

Potter is very good but all the other movies you guys came up with are definitely better.

#15588 2 years ago

9DAE67E3-C24E-4CFC-8E31-705819D1B458 (resized).jpeg9DAE67E3-C24E-4CFC-8E31-705819D1B458 (resized).jpeg

#15589 2 years ago

I can’t wait till all the basic bitc# themes are made so Stern will have to move on to things that are actually cool. Jaws BTTF Harry Potter marvel Dad rock bands...YAWN

I want Akira, Army of Darkness, The Thing, Holy Mountain, Simpsons treehouse of horror, Adventure Time, Legend of Zelda, clockwork orange, Cuphead!!!! Friday 13th, Bobs Burgers, Escape from New York, Warriors, Return of the Living Dead, THEY LIVE, Night of the Demons!, Beastie Boys, Wu Tang Clan, Slayer, Black Sabbath, Masters of the Universe, Voltron, Battle of the Planets, Clash of the titans, Toho Godzilla.

#15590 2 years ago

With all the possibilities is BTTF, Jaws, Godzilla, Harry Potter the best everyone is looking for theme wise? I thought Led Zeppelin would have been the theme to end all themes and Stern mailed it in. It’s a fun pin but far from Legendary Led Zeppelin. Personally I would have rather have seen a Jimi Hendrix or Ozzy/Black Sabbath pin.

I thought the Mandalorian would be the best overall theme because it seems like everyone loves that show and it’s current.

We have ZERO Quentin Tarantino pins and he’s about to release his last 10th movie. Are we gonna watch that pass by to make way for a Harry Potter or BTTF?

Breaking Bad was a pretty good series, I’d take that over any of these pins or shit straight up Scarface

In a way though it’s good because this way my money is safe if BTTF or Harry Potter is it

#15591 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

who are these people?

I loved BTTF but no way it’s the best trilogy. Star Wars episodes IV V and VI better. BTTF 2 wasn’t bad but was a cash grab, and 3 is either liked or hated. Lord of the Rings also a helluva trilogy.

#15592 2 years ago

Harry Potter sucks! Can’t stand that Malfoy dude. Dumb. BTTF all the way.

#15593 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Harry Potter sucks! Can’t stand that Malfoy dude. Dumb. BTTF all the way.

Good news. Malfoy is supposed to be unlikeable.

#15594 2 years ago

Say it ain’t so... if the next game is BTTF that would be a dream come true for me... soooo much potential here: Huey Lewis music alone I’m sold

#15595 2 years ago

Let’s go with a Sabaton based music pin (would have a cult following in the US and a large following globally) - with a tank front and center, or a Goonies theme. Great music and movie callouts - and plenty of adventure for the ruleset!

#15596 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I'm holding onto the idea that the old movies are awesome even though I have not watched them since I was a kid. Watching them again would probably ruin good childhood memories of watching monster movies after school. None of the newer movies look that great so never bothered to watch any. I still think Godzilla would make a great pin as long as it's not phoned in. If it turns into fan layout with Godzilla head that you shoot balls into mouth that would be a shame.

Do NOT watch Ultraman today.

#15597 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

name a better one...

Matrix, Godfather, Alien, Mad Max, Indiana Jones, Evil Dead.......

I yield back the remainder of my time to the Chair.

#15598 2 years ago

BTTF 1 and 3 were both excellent 80s movies. But for me personally, part 2 is a pretty bad film that hasn’t aged well. But that’s just me, I’m sure many bttf fans here love them all. I do like 1 & 3, I’m just surprised how campy and strange the 2nd one feels. And I laugh every time at Elizabeth Shue playing Jennifer with that 80’s wavy hairdo. At least most of the futuristic predictions came true!

#15599 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

BTTF 1 and 3 were both excellent 80s movies. But for me personally, part 2 is a pretty bad film that hasn’t aged well. But that’s just me, I’m sure many bttf fans here love them all. I do like 1 & 3, I’m just surprised how campy and strange the 2nd one feels. And I laugh every time at Elizabeth Shue playing Jennifer with that 80’s wavy hairdo. At least most of the futuristic predictions came true!

I've always felt Part II was strange as well, but I don't like it any less. It feels kind of like a dream, which I like. It's also the most interesting one with the time travel element. It's the glue that holds I and III together, which were more straight-forward plot-wise.

#15600 2 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

I've always felt Part II was strange as well, but I don't like it any less. It feels kind of like a dream, which I like. It's also the most interesting one with the time travel element. It's the glue that holds I and III together, which were more straight-forward plot-wise.

Honestly part 3 was a rushed end to the trilogy that for me is the worst of the 3, I actually think the order of best to worst is , 1-3

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 17.50
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, FL
$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona
Pinball Machine
6,000 (OBO)
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 46,146 posts in this topic. You are on page 312 of 923.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/312?hl=shadrac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.