Nelson (resized).png
Andre (resized).png
dad_lg-min (resized).jpg
E497E3E8-872D-4DC9-B95B-17AFBD94F4D0 (resized).jpeg
23DC2D2F-A90E-4CA2-98A1-F19762374E3D (resized).jpeg
FDD39C64-5E43-4A2A-80EF-54E82F1F62E3 (resized).jpeg
Keanu (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,738 posts in this topic. You are on page 310 of 935.
#15451 3 years ago

AIQ is Elwins worst and everyone knows it. The prem shoots poorly with the capt marvel ramp, the sounds / callouts and music are annoying and it’s ZY’s least enticing art package. Doesn’t hold a candle to JP and IMDN which are two of the greatest pins ever made IMO. Hoping for a return to glory with Godzilla which he has had a lot of time to design, unlike the rushed AIQ

Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

not sure that is a good indicator. AIQ is an incredible game.

#15452 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Harley Davidson fans still buy Stern Harley machines en masse because it's Harley Davidson, nevermind it's a terrible game. Fans like what they like.

Hey now, I have a Stern gen 2 Harley Davidson (pretty much Sega game), of all 4 pins I own its the most played by a large margin, most the folks that play it are noobs but they find it rewarding, its a great game to learn on and its fun.

I still play it and I can stand there for 45mins sometimes or longer still plays good to me, doesn't need deep code to be a good game, not my favorite game but it will never leave my collection either. I don't own a HD motorcycle.

#15453 3 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

Hey now, I have a Stern gen 2 Harley Davidson (pretty much Sega game), of all 4 pins I own its the most played buy a large margin, most the folks that play it are noobs but they find it rewarding, its a great game to learn.
I still play it and I can stand there for 45mins sometimes or longer still plays good to me, doesn't need deep code to be a good game, not my favorite game but it will never leave my collection either.

I used to play a Harley Davidson pin on location nearby. Lots of fun with a shaker motor.

#15454 3 years ago

Also...

1991 (resized).jpg1991 (resized).jpg
#15455 3 years ago

And when you finish the eighties next up is a Sliders pinball

23CA86E8-E646-44C6-AD46-B03309155D89 (resized).jpeg23CA86E8-E646-44C6-AD46-B03309155D89 (resized).jpeg
#15456 3 years ago

Then after Sliders if we could get a Quantum Leap pin that would be sick

https://tenor.com/view/scott-bakula-retarded-reflection-sam-quantum-leap-gif-11924489

Quoted from JimB:

And when you finish the eighties next up is a Sliders pinball
[quoted image]

#15457 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

AIQ is Elwins worst and everyone knows it. The prem shoots poorly with the capt marvel ramp, the sounds / callouts and music are annoying and it’s ZY’s least enticing art package. Doesn’t hold a candle to JP and IMDN which are two of the greatest pins ever made IMO. Hoping for a return to glory with Godzilla which he has had a lot of time to design, unlike the rushed AIQ

Lol

Umm, Bro, do you even play pinball?

#15458 3 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

What is it that is driving this that so many people would put an LE deposit down sight unseen based solely on Theme?

No way I'd put down money at the time of announcement.

I'm totally waiting to see where it lands on the Pinside Top 100 first.

#15459 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Somebody get me a Dr.

I heard this guy is really good if you are in the California area... docHollywood (resized).jpgdocHollywood (resized).jpg

Quoted from zh2oson:

No way I'd put down money at the time of announcement.
I'm totally waiting to see where it lands on the Pinside Top 100 first.

It's NEW, It's Shinnnny oh and It's Back To The Future... Haven't you seen the trend on Pinside, anything NEW will likely hit the Top 100. I'm getting Back to The Future regardless of where / or if it ranks in the Top 100.... Don't wait for others to cast their vote or you will be....
OUTATIMEPLATE (resized).jpgOUTATIMEPLATE (resized).jpg

#15460 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Admittedly the audio package is lacking but this game shoots SO well

#15461 3 years ago

Alright, so I want to hear from all 16 of you. Rank Elwins games first to last.

I’ll start:

1. IMDN
2. JP
3. AIQ

899A4D81-70F4-43B0-8423-B9E947FE36C6 (resized).png899A4D81-70F4-43B0-8423-B9E947FE36C6 (resized).png

#15462 3 years ago

BTTF and Bill and Ted’s! Would have to buy both. Music would be great on both and assets would be great!

#15463 3 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Actually I worked at a movie theatre as a projectionist in 1985 when it came out. It was an awesome movie which I still quite enjoy. And I think the 80s was the best decade but I still don’t get the over-the-top love for the theme as it relates to pinball.

Maybe you're too old then. I saw it when I was like... 5? And it blew my mind. It's been my favorite franchise of all time ever since. It's a DNA-infused thing you only get when you're a kid.

Quoted from FalconDriver:

Look how many AIQ LEs flooded the market after the buy first play later routine. It will happen again with BTTF I'm sure.
Just another nostalgic thing like Ghostbusters was in the 80s. Shitty material coming out of Hollywood anymore so why not go Back in Time and relive those special themes many around here grew up with.

Disagree. Marvel isn't in the same league as BTTF in the pinball-buying demo. The GB guys are going to hang onto BTTF. For me, those two will be the cornerstone of my lineup and will never leave. (I own GB Premium). It would need to be SUPER shitty (like 1990 shitty) for me to get rid of it.

#15464 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’ll start:
1. IMDN
2. JP
3. AIQ
[quoted image]

1.) AIQ is my favorite game of the year in which I bought Stranger Things(gone), TMNT, Guns N Roses ( not in love with), TOTAN( gone) and Attack From Mars (for sale)
2. Jurassic Park: I wish Zombie Yeti had done the artwork
3. Iron Maiden, I like the layout but the theme often makes me consider putting it up for sale.

F36F6B59-8FC6-4D96-B333-8609DAC4DB24 (resized).jpegF36F6B59-8FC6-4D96-B333-8609DAC4DB24 (resized).jpeg
#15465 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’ll start:
1. IMDN
2. JP
3. AIQ
[quoted image]

1. Charge your phone.
2. AIQ
3. JP
4. IMDN

3 & 4 a tough call.

d850711f1a3fe0115063c5745ca4d2d3b3da1cfe (resized).pngd850711f1a3fe0115063c5745ca4d2d3b3da1cfe (resized).png

#15466 3 years ago
Quoted from Boblabla:

BTTF and Bill and Ted’s! Would have to buy both. Music would be great on both and assets would be great!

Back+to+the+Most+Excellent+Future+by+emoryarts (resized).jpegBack+to+the+Most+Excellent+Future+by+emoryarts (resized).jpeg
#15467 3 years ago

I live on 1% haha...to each their own I guess.

Quoted from cooked71:

1. Charge your phone.
2. AIQ
3. JP
4. IMDN
3 & 4 a tough call.
[quoted image]

#15468 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I live on 1% haha...to each their own I guess.

I’d agree, all good but IMDN, JP are better and I had a aiq le.

Just didn’t enjoy it a bunch.

IMDN I bought twice and own it now

#15469 3 years ago

So glad I picked up a AIQ Pro it is faster and a better playing game . The Dr. Strange lock slows the pin way to much on the Pre/LE + I like the pro art work better.

#15470 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

So glad I picked up a AIQ Pro it is faster and a better playing game . The Dr. Strange lock slows the pin way to much on the Pre/LE + I like the pro art work better.

Played the pro a lot, the ant man shot alone makes the pro not as good. My buddy has it, that’s a stretch to say it’s better but to each their own. I guess that’s why they make multiple models. I do think the subway slows it down but the random shot out of ant man is bad. Similar to ghostbusters

I know this could run down a rabbit hole so I’ll get back to I hope they make a bttf next!

#15471 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Love the marvel ramp, hate the pointless caterpillar subway. Thank god there's a passthrough option, but I just wonder what other cool thing could have been done with all those unused/disabled BoM items instead.

Iron Maiden/Archer
AIQ
JP

I think Iron Maiden turned out best because he had the most time on it with its beginnings as Archer, then it's transition into Maiden. JP might be #2 with better music and callouts. They really hold it back as an experience, IMO.

#15472 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I do agree that the Dr. Strange portal should have been just a plain physical multiball lock, similar to the one on LOTR. Also agree on the Premium translite, which is why I got a Zombie Yeti signed Pro Translite to replace the Premium translite.

Overall though the CM ramp and the raised Portal for mode start & portal lock really helps, having the CM Binary shots also helps.

#15473 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

[quoted image]

I love this so much!

#15474 3 years ago

Ive always thought the avengers portal feature would have also made for a pretty cool sewer hole/ lair on TMNT.

#15475 3 years ago

Yes, but I can tell by looking at your “high scores” that you don’t

Quoted from cooked71:

Lol
Umm, Bro, do you even play pinball?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#15476 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’ll start:
1. IMDN
2. JP
3. AIQ
[quoted image]

I owned all three Maiden is my favorite love the band and game play. JP is my second favorite layout and code is great. Many different ways to play it Avengers Is the only one I got rid of. Theme didn't excite and for my level of play it wasn't challenging enough.

#15477 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Whatever you have to tell yourself. I sold two of my games to make sure I could afford a premium and I have zero regrets. The Antman and Captain Marvel shots are where the premium really shines.

Added: also I like the art package on the premium more but thats subjective.

#15478 3 years ago

I got an AIQ Premium delivered the same day as a GnR CE. Can't stop playing AIQ, I love the flow of that pin. GnR is gorgeous, almost too pretty to play.

Regarding Elwin game rankings

1. (Own) AIQ Premium/LE - smooth as butter and plain fun
2. (Own) JP Premium - would be #1 with ZY Art and a little more forgiving shots.
3. IM - I've tried liking this game many times because I want to add it to the collection. Everytime I play it I'm bored.

#15479 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’ll start:
1. IMDN
2. JP
3. AIQ
[quoted image]

1. IMDN
1. AIQLE
1. JP

We currently have them all. No plans to move on any of them.

#15480 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

IM - I've tried liking this game many times because I want to add it to the collection. Everytime I play it I'm bored.

I’ve read people hating music/theme but that’s the first for being bored. Lol

#15481 3 years ago

Bored? You’re insane. IMDN is probably the most exciting pin I’ve ever played. Thing is like a bomb going off.

Quoted from MrBubbles:

I got an AIQ Premium delivered the same day as a GnR CE. Can't stop playing AIQ, I love the flow of that pin. GnR is gorgeous, almost too pretty to play.
Regarding Elwin game rankings
1. (Own) AIQ Premium/LE - smooth as butter and plain fun
2. (Own) JP Premium - would be #1 with ZY Art and a little more forgiving shots.
3. IM - I've tried liking this game many times because I want to add it to the collection. Everytime I play it I'm bored.

#15482 3 years ago

Maiden is the best!

Aiq premium

Then JP (i just never got into the code i find it dull)

#15483 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I’ve read people hating music/theme but that’s the first for being bored. Lol

Maybe I need to play it in a home setting one day...post COVID. When I've played it, I look at the playfield and see nothing that says "shoot that cool shot/mech/ramp, etc". I just see a generally flat playfield and hear some generic rock music. Love the art though and think the outside of the machine looks great. AIQ Prem ramps look like a roller coaster and JP Premium is loaded with cool shots and mechs. Just my thoughts, obviously many will disagree.

#15484 3 years ago

Oh, yeah...I’m hearing you just need to play it more. The game is phenomenal. The rules and gameplay are the best in the biz. If I only could only have one pin for the rest of my life it would be IMDN.

Quoted from MrBubbles:

Maybe I need to play it in a home setting one day...post COVID. When I've played it, I look at the playfield and see nothing that says "shoot that cool shot/mech/ramp, etc". I just see a generally flat playfield and hear some generic rock music. Love the art though and think the outside of the machine looks great. AIQ Prem ramps look like a roller coaster and JP Premium is loaded with cool shots and mechs. Just my thoughts, obviously many will disagree.

#15485 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Yes, but I can tell by looking at your “high scores” that you don’t

Ouch.

All 3 of his games are leagues ahead of any modern games IMO, so it's very hard to seperate them. It really comes down to personal taste.

Yet you make hyperbolic statements about how AIQ objectively doesnt shoot well, was rushed, has poor art (worse than JP????) and is annoying. To me that indicated you dont really play pinball but instead just read Pinside on your phone, possibly rushing with 1% battery life left, to get your opinions.

#15486 3 years ago

I'm first to admit I haven't played AIQ and wasn't about to order one on spec as I didn't need another comic pin after DP LE. I do know exactly where I can try a premium on location which I may do next week if I have a chance. For the other two titles, it's def JP for me more than IM. I played IM at the distributors and it's nice game, shoots really well but I haven't been into IM since I was like 12 years old so it wasn't hard to pass on for me. This all could change based on the hype of AIQ and I look forward to finally checking it out late in the piece. But even more importantly I look forward to seeing what the next Stern title is...

#15487 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I really disagree with you here. I own JP, Stranger Things, GOTG and AIQ. All of them are PRO. I find them all 4 to be the best of Stern Spike2 range, and I love to add IM to the line-up. Deadpool is a great game too but that doesn't appeal to me much. I had "The Munsters" (great looking game, but I had no love for it), Aerosmith (I hate that music, but a great looking game) and TMNT (great looking game but what a turd this is).

AIQ is one of the surprises, this is such a great game with all the option a great game needs. It's fast, can be brutal, has some great toys, callouts, music, atmosphere. And I think it looks fantastic! (I added convolux, mirror blades and some LED's on some places and swapped some white GI leds for colored ones (distinct). Added silicone transparent bands and starposts with lighting. (I did all of this to my other machines as well). I really think AIQ will not leave my gameroom in the near future.

#15488 3 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

I have to ask, “why do so many pinsiders drool over BTTF as a theme”? I loved the movies and think it would be a good theme with lots of potential. I am just not sure I understand the absolute love fest. What is it that is driving this that so many people would put an LE deposit down sight unseen based solely on Theme? Was this series of movie(s) popular overseas or is this just a North American thing?

You really you got me thinking with your question. I never realized why I ever wanted a BTTF pin. I bought the DE turd and shopped it to the max. I even let Claudia Wells sign a plastic on a Comic Con here in NL and added that to the machine. But I hated the game so I sold the machine and never missed it ever.

But why BTTF? I love the trilogy, i've seen the movies like gazillion times and am a big fan of BTTF, I'm a fan of time traveler movies (ever seen "The Final Countdown - USS Nimitz, or Frequency?. Or 11-22-63? Memento?).
I think it's a matter of my love for certain themes and pinball machines. I was stoked about Stranger Things on netflix. I love the atmosphere and the release of the pinball was the cherry on the ST cake for me. Good thing the pin was as good as it is. (And I know not everyone agrees with me).

On a business level I think BTTF could make a great machine for home use. There are many fans who would love to own this themed pin and for locations I think it would be a magnet as the most people will ever have seen the movies and will be curious for the machine.

But why I would get so excited for BTTF and not for something like Jaws I really don't know. Come to think of it I can't see any pin I would get overexcited for on forehand. Maybe a Twilight Zone reboot, but the current TZ is such a great machine.

#15489 3 years ago

As we are ranking KE’s games, i would say
1- JP
2- AIQ
3-IM

I hate iron maiden music, so it doesn’t help. Many issues on this game to fix and to fully enjoy to play it. The layout is great but i would have prefered a ramp instead of a target in the mini inlane from 4th flipper (upper left)

AIQ is a great game but the outlanes are really insane. What a drain monster! I like the theme but less the atmosphere.
The layout is also great, creative. The marvel ramp could have been smoother and the subway is completely useless. Mine is broken (waiting for replacement part but i would let this mech disable anyway)

JP is one of my favorite game with MM and TWD. Nothing to throw away. So smooth shots, combo feast, great layout, great rules, so fun.

#15490 3 years ago

It’s return to Gilligans island
That is all

#15491 3 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

You really you got me thinking with your question.

Good response. That was the type of response I was really looking for. Why other pinheads like the theme so much for a pin? As opposed to more general commentary on why I am not over the moon in love with the BTTF theme for a pin. I do find other people’s opinions of different games/themes interesting as they often point out things that I hadn’t thought of.

The theme is like a book cover as it generates the initial interest but it is what the design team does with it that ultimately defines the greatness. The theme certainly peaks my interest but doesn’t fascinate me.

#15492 3 years ago

Nope, I’ve owned 30 + top 100 pins, am an avid player and have a location. I’ve played both AIQ pro and premium and have Battled Thanos and won. I’ve played all three Elwin games to completion and...I’m just not a fan of AIQ. It doesn’t hold up to JP and IMDN. And...the game WAS rushed. Stern literally RUSHED the game.

Quoted from cooked71:

Ouch.
All 3 of his games are leagues ahead of any modern games IMO, so it's very hard to seperate them. It really comes down to personal taste.
Yet you make hyperbolic statements about how AIQ objectively doesnt shoot well, was rushed, has poor art (worse than JP????) and is annoying. To me that indicated you dont really play pinball but instead just read Pinside on your phone, possibly rushing with 1% battery life left, to get your opinions.

#15493 3 years ago

IM = Iron Man

IMDN or Maiden = Iron Maiden

I am going with -> Maiden > JP3 > AIQ. More complicated is less appealing, unless required.

#15494 3 years ago

I clearly think the opposite.
AIQ i have the Premium and i think it's the best Elwin layout
JP great layout and code
IMDN i don't like the layout and the band

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

#15495 3 years ago

Please show me a picture of your playfield, i will make the same thing.

Quoted from HarrieD:

I really disagree with you here. I own JP, Stranger Things, GOTG and AIQ. All of them are PRO. I find them all 4 to be the best of Stern Spike2 range, and I love to add IM to the line-up. Deadpool is a great game too but that doesn't appeal to me much. I had "The Munsters" (great looking game, but I had no love for it), Aerosmith (I hate that music, but a great looking game) and TMNT (great looking game but what a turd this is).
AIQ is one of the surprises, this is such a great game with all the option a great game needs. It's fast, can be brutal, has some great toys, callouts, music, atmosphere. And I think it looks fantastic! (I added convolux, mirror blades and some LED's on some places and swapped some white GI leds for colored ones (distinct). Added silicone transparent bands and starposts with lighting. (I did all of this to my other machines as well). I really think AIQ will not leave my gameroom in the near future.

#15496 3 years ago

<blockquote cite="#6212825"
But why BTTF? I love the trilogy, i've seen the movies like gazillion times and am a big fan of BTTF, I'm a fan of time traveler movies (ever seen "The Final Countdown - USS Nimitz, or Frequency?. Or 11-22-63? Memento?).

Memento isn’t about time travel it’s about a guy with amnesia. Is there another memento I don’t know about?

#15497 3 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

You really you got me thinking with your question. I never realized why I ever wanted a BTTF pin. I bought the DE turd and shopped it to the max. I even let Claudia Wells sign a plastic on a Comic Con here in NL and added that to the machine. But I hated the game so I sold the machine and never missed it ever.
I think it's a matter of my love for certain themes and pinball machines. I was stoked about Stranger Things on netflix. I love the atmosphere and the release of the pinball was the cherry on the ST cake for me. Good thing the pin was as good as it is. (And I know not everyone agrees with me).
On a business level I think BTTF could make a great machine for home use. There are many fans who would love to own this themed pin and for locations I think it would be a magnet as the most people will ever have seen the movies and will be curious for the machine.
But why I would get so excited for BTTF and not for something like Jaws I really don't know. Come to think of it I can't see any pin I would get overexcited for on forehand. Maybe a Twilight Zone reboot, but the current TZ is such a great machine.

Memento isn’t about time travel it’s about a guy with amnesia. Is there another memento that I don’t k ow about?

#15498 3 years ago

Had to join the forum with a BTTF pin looking to be on the horizon but if not already stated Elijah Wood could also be another hint at BTTF

A2A44BDA-1FDB-45AA-877B-3EDE8B89850F (resized).jpegA2A44BDA-1FDB-45AA-877B-3EDE8B89850F (resized).jpeg

#15499 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Fusion:

Had to join the forum with a BTTF pin looking to be on the horizon but if not already stated Elijah Wood could also be another hint at BTTF
[quoted image]

interesting, where did you see it. I did not know he was in BTTF as a child...

#15500 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

interesting, where did you see it. I did not know he was in BTTF as a child...

Yes, I believe he was in Back to the Future 2 playing arcades

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,738 posts in this topic. You are on page 310 of 935.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/310?hl=jkaping and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.