IMG_4963.gif
Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg
Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,984 posts in this topic. You are on page 309 of 940.
#15401 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I posted this over a year ago in this thread...
All I know is whenever BTTF LE / CE / SE / Remake comes out they must use some type of levitating magnet feature for the hover board / Delorean.
The backglass can have a small portion of the artwork dedicated to the interior dash of the Deloreon which would change dates / times and keep score using numeric display. Bottom would be the newer LCD.
It also needs to have heavy focus on 1985 / 1955 as the main playfield. This can be achieved by having under the playfiled rotating slides / inserts.
Skateboard / pinball gets attached to a pickup / drags you somewhere else on the playfield. (power of love playing) During enchantment under the sea chuck berry Johnny B Goode starts playing during hurry up mode picture on the LCD starts to fade, you need to hit the shots / strings on the guitar to save your future.
Flames on the playfield can easily be achieved when you hit outter loops 88mph and takes you back to the future... also lighting with LEDS
Escape from the libyian's mode
Call out quotes galore
Save Einstein mode
Save Jennifer mode
Lower Playfield 1885, western shootout , tombstone frisbee, rescue clara train etc..
Upper Playfield 2015 floating Deloreon, Biff light up hotel, flying hover board, get the sports almanac back

"all of that sounds expensive. The best I can do is a fan layout and 2 spinners" - stern.

#15402 3 years ago

Breaking news, negotiations break down with Fox but fear not fans Stern has the backup artwork ready to go:

98CBB0D6-F9C8-4DEB-81C8-73C6D6D627E8 (resized).jpeg98CBB0D6-F9C8-4DEB-81C8-73C6D6D627E8 (resized).jpeg
#15403 3 years ago
Quoted from koops:

"all of that sounds expensive. The best I can do is a fan layout and 2 spinners" - stern.

2nd spinner is on premium only...

#15404 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I posted this over a year ago in this thread...
All I know is whenever BTTF LE / CE / SE / Remake comes out they must use some type of levitating magnet feature for the hover board / Delorean.
The backglass can have a small portion of the artwork dedicated to the interior dash of the Deloreon which would change dates / times and keep score using numeric display. Bottom would be the newer LCD.
It also needs to have heavy focus on 1985 / 1955 as the main playfield. This can be achieved by having under the playfiled rotating slides / inserts.
Skateboard / pinball gets attached to a pickup / drags you somewhere else on the playfield. (power of love playing) During enchantment under the sea chuck berry Johnny B Goode starts playing during hurry up mode picture on the LCD starts to fade, you need to hit the shots / strings on the guitar to save your future.
Flames on the playfield can easily be achieved when you hit outter loops 88mph and takes you back to the future... also lighting with LEDS
Escape from the libyian's mode
Call out quotes galore
Save Einstein mode
Save Jennifer mode
Lower Playfield 1885, western shootout , tombstone frisbee, rescue clara train etc..
Upper Playfield 2015 floating Deloreon, Biff light up hotel, flying hover board, get the sports almanac back

Ok, that is not what I meant, but I wasn't very specific I guess.

I just mean rulewise. How do you build a pinball ruleset/ story/ progression regarding BTTF, if you want it to be MORE then some random modes.

BTTF 1 is way diffferent than 2 & 3, most of the main storyline -so not the getting back in time thing- is a pretty slow endeavour.

#15405 3 years ago

When do they usually make the announcement?

#15406 3 years ago

Lol...I was moderated posting a film poster that featured a manikin for “nudity” I was not aware that inanimate objects could be nude. Sorry ya’ll, I’ll be better.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Different MANIAC but I like that show as well. I was referring to the slasher flick remake.

[image removed]

#15407 3 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Better yet, we're moving the spinners to the screen so there's only a couple switches on the playfield. When you hit the shot the spinner will rip in the screen. It'll be GREAT, and our cost is reduced by 80%. - Stern

#15409 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Ok, that is not what I meant, but I wasn't very specific I guess.
I just mean rulewise. How do you build a pinball ruleset/ story/ progression regarding BTTF, if you want it to be MORE then some random modes.
BTTF 1 is way diffferent than 2 & 3, most of the main storyline -so not the getting back in time thing- is a pretty slow endeavour.

You could say the same about Avengers AIQ and they did a great job with the rules in my opinion you feel working toward something and not a bunch of random modes thrown on the PF like most pinball games.

#15410 3 years ago
a2868873063_10 (resized).jpga2868873063_10 (resized).jpg
#15411 3 years ago
fc19ecbc93c5a7c8f95af3a7250b1ca7--chicago-poster-gig-poster (resized).jpgfc19ecbc93c5a7c8f95af3a7250b1ca7--chicago-poster-gig-poster (resized).jpg
#15412 3 years ago
back_to_the_future (resized).jpgback_to_the_future (resized).jpg
#15413 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

When do they usually make the announcement?

From what I heard, end of April, beginning of May.

#15414 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Then Chuck Close came in on his wheelchair and was rip shit he couldn’t traverse the store due to the moleskin mess

I used to work near his studio, always wanted to see him but never did.

#15415 3 years ago

I think he just went from his studio to the art supply store, everything else his assistants got for him. I only saw him like...two or three times in the store.

Quoted from fnord:

I used to work near his studio, always wanted to see him but never did.

#15416 3 years ago

Well I’m covering my bases... told my distributor if BTTF is announced - I’m down for an SLE - imagine a foil DMC car cabinet with lightening bolts.... oh yeah baby!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#15417 3 years ago

So since it's a Kapow title, is it more likely we'll get a good license treatment? Movie clips? Audio clips? I wonder if that's one of his requirements when he signs on? I suppose I'm fine with Mayor Goldie doing call-outs.

#15418 3 years ago

Are you just assuming it’s Kapow?

Quoted from BasementFacts:

So since it's a Kapow title, is it more likely we'll get a good license treatment? Movie clips? Audio clips? I wonder if that's one of his requirements when he signs on? I suppose I'm fine with Mayor Goldie doing call-outs.

#15419 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I really hope it's not a Kapow title. I'd rather pay $5xxx than $8xxx.

#15420 3 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Or it'll just be expensive because of the license.

#15421 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

No. He teased it at 1:36 in this podcast -- https://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/id/12947717
It's likely the first tease that sparked the rumor. The schedule and "big license" lines up also.

#15422 3 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

So once you get into the Midwest and further East, Carls Jr is called Hardee's.

Yeah aware Carl's took over Hardee's a long while back etc. But same scenario in the area surrounding where I used to live in NY, no Hardee's still to this day FWIW.

#15423 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:Code name
Van Halen ?

I hope Van Halen’s code name is Van Halen.

#15424 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Man I've been on such a hard VH kick since Eddie passed. Please just give me a pin that covers self-titled through 1984 and I will pay a lot of money.

#15425 3 years ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

Or it'll just be expensive because of the license.

With so much interest in BTTF, I could see them making it a Kapow pin. After all, itseems to be everyones DreamTheme!

Quoted from onemilemore:

Man I've been on such a hard VH kick since Eddie passed. Please just give me a pin that covers self-titled through 1984 and I will pay a lot of money.

You aint lying, but they arent going to try and beat GnR, and that sucks. I would be one of the above DreamThemers and pay $$$ for a bad ass VH pin, yet I fear it would be LZ type fun.

#15426 3 years ago

bttf please. Godzilla no.

#15427 3 years ago

Michael Jackson Pinball anyone ? ?

No ? ?

Hee Hee ...

#15428 3 years ago
Quoted from GreatN8:

Michael Jackson Pinball anyone ? ?
No ? ?
Hee Hee ...

Does the ONE produced by Data East count?

(Sure hope so)

#15429 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I resemble that remark.

#15430 3 years ago

Van Halen's code name would have to be Mammoth.

#15431 3 years ago
Quoted from Boblabla:

bttf please. Godzilla no.

Godzilla will happen. BTTF will not.

#15432 3 years ago

If next machine is a Kapow title I think it will be Bond. Pretty sure it was mentioned a couple years ago on one of his Beatles podcasts as a dream theme.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#15433 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

From what I heard, end of April, beginning of May.

I'm told new week new game announced

#15434 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Me too. Stuff you don’t hear often like Hear About It Later. Gimme Roth tunes all day.

#15435 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I just modded my TWD with the NIN/Radiohead sound mix. Freaking awesome - took the game to the next level.

Thanks
That’s my work.
For those interested please PM me.

#15436 3 years ago

Well...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#15437 3 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Well...[quoted image]

Somebody get me a Dr.

#15438 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I once met Elijah Wood while I was working at an Art Supply Store in the Bowery. He was fresh off of LOTR success and he came in all coked out with two very greasy girls on his arm. He was extra rude to my coworker so he went into the office and picked up the intercom and just kept saying “paging my preeeecious...my preeeecious” in the Golem voice, naturally. Well...Wood got so pissed off the he kicked over a rack of moleskin notebooks and stormed out the front door leaving the cocaine twins behind. Then Chuck Close came in on his wheelchair and was rip shit he couldn’t traverse the store due to the moleskin mess. True story. The end. ( Oh, and Elijah Wood was great in the MANIAC remake )

hahaha holy shit that's an amazing story, and with the Chuck Close kicker!

#15439 3 years ago

I have to ask, “why do so many pinsiders drool over BTTF as a theme”? I loved the movies and think it would be a good theme with lots of potential. I am just not sure I understand the absolute love fest. What is it that is driving this that so many people would put an LE deposit down sight unseen based solely on Theme? Was this series of movie(s) popular overseas or is this just a North American thing?

#15440 3 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

I have to ask, “why do so many pinsiders drool over BTTF as a theme”? I loved the movies and think it would be a good theme with lots of potential. I am just not sure I understand the absolute love fest. What is it that is driving this that so many people would put an LE deposit down sight unseen based solely on Theme? Was this series of movie(s) popular overseas or is this just a North American thing?

BTTF, Ghostbusters and Indiana Jones were the flicks of my youth.

The Car, the Logo and the Music are still Iconic - wich goes for each of those licenses (just change the Car to the Indy Outfit for IJ).

#15441 3 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

What is it that is driving this that so many people would put an LE deposit down sight unseen based solely on Theme?

This isn't unusual; plenty of people with monies for LEs around here for a wide variety of themes.

But yes, like Ghostbusters, it's a massively popular 80s theme.

#15442 3 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

let me guess, are you in your early - mid 20s? lol or younger?

you missed out on one of the best trilogies ever made, we are talking special FX cool for the era, really likeable characters and just a very fun storyline.
As mentioned before, like IJ, Ghostbuster, Goonies, etc.. The way they are shot, edited, music, sounds it is very unique and very 80s/90s.
Stranger things did an excellent job at bringing this 'feeling' back... something I had not seen since these movies were made and that is what made the show so good, it was not about the story (the story is sorta lame) but the characters and the 80s vibe is really cool and so are the likeable personalities the characters bring in. It is a squeaky clean, innocent and humours approach to story telling that it is simply fun.

that is how I feel at least

#15443 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

let me guess, are you in your early - mid 20s? lol or younger?
you missed out on one of the best trilogies ever made, we are talking special FX cool for the era, really likeable characters and just a very fun storyline.

Actually I worked at a movie theatre as a projectionist in 1985 when it came out. It was an awesome movie which I still quite enjoy. And I think the 80s was the best decade but I still don’t get the over-the-top love for the theme as it relates to pinball.

#15444 3 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Actually I worked at a movie theatre as a projectionist in 1985 when it came out. It was an awesome movie which I still quite enjoy. And I think the 80s was the best decade but I still don’t get the over-the-top love for the theme as it relates to pinball.

I thought you were too young to have seen it but it turns out is the other way around, I just run into a lot of younger kids sometimes that do not know certain 80s things and I was not sure...

I think that like you said, the 80s is the best era of films, there is something about them and the practicality of the effects mixed with special fx that make them very relatable. Spielberg was great at connecting with a young audience and all his movies from that time are phenomenal...

Another great pin in my opinion would be 'the amazing stories' also made by Amblin back in the 80s. It was a TV show/series without a storyline or main characters, every episode was a different story. These have been recently remade and available on Apple TV. I am not sure if Spielberg was involved on the newest ones though but I watched them and are pretty good!

#15445 3 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Look how many AIQ LEs flooded the market after the buy first play later routine. It will happen again with BTTF I'm sure.
Just another nostalgic thing like Ghostbusters was in the 80s. Shitty material coming out of Hollywood anymore so why not go Back in Time and relive those special themes many around here grew up with.

#15446 3 years ago

I think part of the want for BTTF comes from the fact that there was a Data East one that isn’t widely available and also not that great of a game. If you play the DE version you can see the potential for a great pin and I think that’s what people are hoping for.

#15447 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I think part of the want for BTTF comes from the fact that there was a Data East one that isn’t widely available and also not that great of a game. If you play the DE version you can see the potential for a great pin and I think that’s what people are hoping for.

only saw one and I was very young. I remember it was not a very memorable and in comparison to what was available coming from Williams back when I first found it, I remember seeing it collecting dust at one arcade I used to go to as a kid... nobody every played it even when the arcade was packed:

#15448 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

Look how many AIQ LEs flooded the market after the buy first play later routine. It will happen again with BTTF I'm sure.
Just another nostalgic thing like Ghostbusters was in the 80s. Shitty material coming out of Hollywood anymore so why not go Back in Time and relive those special themes many around here grew up with.

not sure that is a good indicator. AIQ is an incredible game.

#15449 3 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Harley Davidson fans still buy Stern Harley machines en masse because it's Harley Davidson, nevermind it's a terrible game. Fans like what they like.

#15450 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

not sure that is a good indicator. AIQ is an incredible game.

I agree that it is an incredible game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,984 posts in this topic. You are on page 309 of 940.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/309?hl=anago and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.