Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,871 posts in this topic. You are on page 308 of 938.
#15351 3 years ago

Well I’m in on Back to the Future unless JJP fires back and announces Toy Story. Then all bets are off.

#15352 3 years ago

But they didn’t say it would be the next stern pin, correct?

#15353 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Well I’m in on Back to the Future unless JJP fires back and announces Toy Story. Then all bets are off.

I don’t see JJP announcing anything before end of the year or next year, they just did it for GNR (in a jjp time scale)

#15354 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Yeah that’s a tough choice but unless Stern really screw up BTTF. But on theme alone BTTF wins hands down in my home.

#15355 3 years ago

Time to start saving...

#15356 3 years ago

Code name
Van Halen ?

#15357 3 years ago

Really like TS, but BTTF wins hands down imo. It will be an epic blast back from the past or should we say, future! Lol
Put all these teases together:
Joe K. Twice last year
John Borg tease on his page
BTTF Mayor tease today

Yep, it’s comin round the corner powered by 1.21 gigawatts...at 88 miles per hour...
6D47BCBC-4CF2-4A6F-A760-30FE17DA8E10 (resized).jpeg6D47BCBC-4CF2-4A6F-A760-30FE17DA8E10 (resized).jpeg

#15358 3 years ago

Anyone good with computer graphics and willing to mock up a 2021 Stern Back to the future pin?

#15359 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Anyone good with computer graphics and willing to mock up a 2021 Stern Back to the future pin?

#15360 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

well, if it is BTTF I am taking a loan lol... this would be and gotta be the most epic pin ever made.

pump your brakes newbie

#15361 3 years ago

I'm torn on who I want to produce BTTF...JJP could be epic but the wait and flipping / pricing would be next level crazy. Stern could nail the production but cut the game for the BOM. Either way - good luck getting an LE or CE if it ever comes to fruition. They're probably already spoken for on the inside track lists. My guess is you'd see Pinside listings starting at 30K

#15362 3 years ago

Is there an archive of the TWIPYS that we can check out these teases?

#15363 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes.

https://twipys.com/

#15364 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I dont know how much of a teaser it is, then them saying things we already know to get people overreacting.

#15365 3 years ago

I think it's a great time for pinball companies to come up with epic dream themes. So many new people with deep pockets they can make a fortune. Saddly i'm not one of them so i'll wait on the sideline while this madness is still on. Like everybody knows it's not unique to pinball. I see people paying top dollars for alexis lafreniere rookie hockey card. How can a guy with 10 points in the NHL worth twice as much as Sidney Crosby card when everybody knew he was goin to be the next big thing. Too many new people in that hobby too.

#15366 3 years ago

And the award for most Canadian post goes toooo....

Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I think it's a great time for pinball companies to come up with epic dream themes. So many new people with deep pockets they can make a fortune. Saddly i'm not one of them so i'll wait on the sideline while this madness is still on. Like everybody knows it's not unique to pinball. I see people paying top dollars for alexis lafreniere rookie hockey card. How can a guy with 10 points in the NHL worth twice as much as Sidney Crosby card when everybody knew he was goin to be the next big thing. Too many new people in that hobby too.

#15367 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

And the award for most Canadian post goes toooo....

Wow, have not post on that thread for a month....and your point is ?

#15368 3 years ago

Canadians love hockey? Was just joking man

Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Wow, have not post on that thread for a month....and your point is ?

#15369 3 years ago

Anyone else notice Elwin's T-Shirt last night? Maybe a tease what do you think

Elwin (resized).JPGElwin (resized).JPG
#15370 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Canadians love hockey? Was just joking man

Lol no worries man

#15371 3 years ago

Deep breath folks. Could be another puzzle.

#15372 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

[quoted image]

I watched the twipys this am and called a few of my friends, I saw it for sure. The question is is he trolling because its a Borge game or is he making it??? that is the question. I really hope Elwin makes Godzilla

#15373 3 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

I watched the twipys this am and called a few of my friends, I saw it for sure. The question is is he trolling because its a Borge game or is he making it??? that is the question. I really hope Elwin makes Godzilla

For whatever it's worth, I had some tuned in SoCal locals tell me last May that Elwin was working on Godzilla. This was before AIQ dropped but he could've been working on it back then, I'd suppose.

#15374 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I'm torn on who I want to produce BTTF...JJP could be epic but the wait and flipping / pricing would be next level crazy. Stern could nail the production but cut the game for the BOM. Either way - good luck getting an LE or CE if it ever comes to fruition. They're probably already spoken for on the inside track lists. My guess is you'd see Pinside listings starting at 30K

This was my point earlier in this thread. If you want the top end version of some of these dream themes forget waiting to play it first. You will have to lock-in your buy on announcements. Kind of sad.

#15375 3 years ago

Why is anyone debating the next pinball machine? TWIPY all but told us that it is Harry Potter. Not sure the maker, but the debate is over on the next pinball machine. We had a Wesly even do the award for the best machine.

#15378 3 years ago

Negative Ghost Rider. BTTF is next.

#15379 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Whatever the theme, we all know more cost cutting is actually what's 100% for sure next. This IS Stern we're talking about.

#15380 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

If Keith Elwin is in fact doing Godzilla he is not slotted for the next game release so it would be back to the future most likely. Jack Danger obviously gave it away at the Twipys. This is nothing more than good marketing on Stern’s behalf they throw clues out there and get people talking to get the buzz going without really ever telling you anything. But there always seems to be quite a bit of truth in all of the rumors so based on everything I can see it’s definitely going to be back to the future next because Elwins next game is not due until summer, there is a definite list that any dealer should be able to share with you showing you who’s making the next game and it is Brian Eddy according to Stern. I have seen the list only shows who is slotted to make games but it doesn’t tell you who’s making what game.

#15381 3 years ago

Did anyone else think it was weird that elijah wood was one of the award presenters. Every other presenter was from the modern pinball era. I think this means a LOTR vault is coming as well.

#15382 3 years ago
Quoted from tacreno:

Did anyone else think it was weird that elijah wood was one of the award presenters. Every other presenter was from the modern pinball era. I think this means a LOTR vault is coming as well.

No, it was not weird, for $300 you can get Elijah Wood to say almost anything via Cameo. And Stern has nothing to do with the TWIPYS.

#15383 3 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

No, it was not weird, for $300 you can get Elijah Wood to say almost anything via Cameo. And Stern has nothing to do with the TWIPYS.

This is true but why him of all the people they could have had?

#15384 3 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

any dealer should be able to share with you showing you who’s making the next game and it is Brian Eddy according to Stern. I have seen the list only shows who is slotted to make games but it doesn’t tell you who’s making what game.

Let's just pray he's not teamed up with Lonnie again for this one. Tanio or Lyman would be great, though Lyman is reserved for the special games that cost more, so that could be a good news/bad news situation.

#15385 3 years ago

How about both are next?

#15386 3 years ago

I thought the same thing

#15387 3 years ago

I love Elijah Wood, good get. Every time I see him I'm reminded how he was riding high on LOTR success but still agreed to do stuff like

And now spends money funding non-commercial film projects as Executive Producer just because he can.

#15388 3 years ago

I could possibly see Stern doing a LOTR Vault with an LCD treatment

#15389 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Because someone else had mentioned they had Kaite Martin on a podcast and she had told them ZY would also be doing the art for Keith’s next game.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/keith-elwins-next-game/page/7#post-6034400

Interesting. Could mean Elwin's doing another comic theme then if so. But I guess it's hard to know right now given all the Godzilla/Elwin talk.

Quoted from screaminr:

Just got back from seeing Godzilla vs Kong . I really enjoyed the movie , it had a few plot holes but it's not the type of movie you take seriously . It would make a great pin , you don't need the actors just all the action scenes . It could be great .
I went to Carl's Jr a week ago for the first time and got a Godzilla burger ( it was $18 ) , man it was hard work , I'm still full
[quoted image]

Nice. I can't wait to stream it into my HT this week, thanks to having a HBO sub . You guys in Melbourne have a got a ton of Carl's Jr locations like QLD do. We've got all of 3 locations, one way out west and two up the coast way out Sydney. Seems NSW lags again in another typical US franchise rollout here in Aus not unlike the piss poor obviously underfunded launch of Cinnabon circa 18 months ago only in QLD.

Wow, you have Carl's Jr in Australia? Learn something new everyday. Didn't think that chain could make it internationally.

Yeah as much as poor roll-outs of US & Intl brands here in Aus bugs me, I wondering how much I need Carl's in my life considering I've never once worried about having one given how many times I've been in L.A. since the 80's . They also never had any in my area of suburban NY when I lived there in the mid 80's and still don't it seems.

#15390 3 years ago

I once met Elijah Wood while I was working at an Art Supply Store in the Bowery. He was fresh off of LOTR success and he came in all coked out with two very greasy girls on his arm. He was extra rude to my coworker so he went into the office and picked up the intercom and just kept saying “paging my preeeecious...my preeeecious” in the Golem voice, naturally. Well...Wood got so pissed off the he kicked over a rack of moleskin notebooks and stormed out the front door leaving the cocaine twins behind. Then Chuck Close came in on his wheelchair and was rip shit he couldn’t traverse the store due to the moleskin mess. True story. The end. ( Oh, and Elijah Wood was great in the MANIAC remake )

Quoted from cait001:

I love Elijah Wood, good get. Every time I see him I'm reminded how he was riding high on LOTR success but still agreed to do stuff like
And now spends money funding non-commercial film projects as Executive Producer just because he can.

Quoted from cait001:

#15391 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Oh, and Elijah Wood was great in the MANIAC remake

MANIAC is a great, weird, not even remake but more like a re-imagining. Really loved it and wish there was more. A chain of stores where you can dox people is weird and crazy, as is the service where you rent a friend. So many funny, weird, disturbing things in that show. Loved it.

#15392 3 years ago

Different MANIAC but I like that show as well. I was referring to the slasher flick remake.

Quoted from PinMonk:

MANIAC is a great, weird, not even remake but more like a re-imagining. Really loved it and wish there was more. A chain of stores where you can dox people is weird and crazy, as is the service where you rent a friend. So many funny, weird, disturbing things in that show. Loved it.

[image removed]

#15393 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Different MANIAC but I like that show as well. I was referring to the slasher flick remake.

There were so many weird cameos in the Netflix MANIC series, I thought Elijah Wood was in there, too. No idea the slasher version even existed.

#15394 3 years ago

Original is from 1980, both are great. I am typically weary of remakes but, man...it’s gooood.

Quoted from PinMonk:

There were so many weird cameos in the Netflix MANIC series, I thought Elijah Wood was in there, too. No idea the slasher version even existed.

4E96F6CD-3231-4815-B005-4E6876720EFD (resized).jpeg4E96F6CD-3231-4815-B005-4E6876720EFD (resized).jpeg
#15395 3 years ago

...off topic weird night....

#15396 3 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Yeah as much as poor roll-outs of US & Intl brands here in Aus bugs me, I wondering how much I need Carl's in my life considering I've never once worried about having one given how many times I've been in L.A. since the 80's . They also never had any in my area of suburban NY when I lived there in the mid 80's and still don't it seems.

So once you get into the Midwest and further East, Carls Jr is called Hardee's.

#15398 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

[quoted image]

I called it! Elwin totally gave it away. Stern is finally releasing Tokyo Squirrels!

#15399 3 years ago

It‘s pretty silent in here regarding what was teased.

So what would a BTTF pinball be like?
I love BTTF but I wouldn‘t have a good idea how to make a (good) pinball out of that.
I hope it‘s not just modes based on scenes from the movie like in GB.

#15400 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

It‘s pretty silent in here regarding what was teased.
So what would a BTTF pinball be like?
I love BTTF but I wouldn‘t have a good idea how to make a (good) pinball out of that.
I hope it‘s not just modes based on scenes from the movie like in GB.

I posted this over a year ago in this thread...

All I know is whenever BTTF LE / CE / SE / Remake comes out they must use some type of levitating magnet feature for the hover board / Delorean.
The backglass can have a small portion of the artwork dedicated to the interior dash of the Deloreon which would change dates / times and keep score using numeric display. Bottom would be the newer LCD.
It also needs to have heavy focus on 1985 / 1955 as the main playfield. This can be achieved by having under the playfiled rotating slides / inserts.
Skateboard / pinball gets attached to a pickup / drags you somewhere else on the playfield. (power of love playing) During enchantment under the sea chuck berry Johnny B Goode starts playing during hurry up mode picture on the LCD starts to fade, you need to hit the shots / strings on the guitar to save your future.
Flames on the playfield can easily be achieved when you hit outter loops 88mph and takes you back to the future... also lighting with LEDS
Escape from the libyian's mode
Call out quotes galore
Save Einstein mode
Save Jennifer mode
Lower Playfield 1885, western shootout , tombstone frisbee, rescue clara train etc..
Upper Playfield 2015 floating Deloreon, Biff light up hotel, flying hover board, get the sports almanac back

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,871 posts in this topic. You are on page 308 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/308?hl=utesichiban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.