Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg
Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,883 posts in this topic. You are on page 306 of 938.
#15251 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Friday afternoon press releases are for burying bad news.

So, Godzilla confirmed?

#15252 3 years ago

Perfectly sums up this thread...

ststg (resized).jpgststg (resized).jpg
#15253 3 years ago

To me releasing Godzilla while Jurassic Park is being produced makes about as much sense as releasing Mandolorian while Star Wars is being produced.

#15254 3 years ago

Why? The world of Godzilla is in no way anything like Jurassic Park. Godzilla is not a Dinosaur. That’s like saying that releasing TMNT while JP is still being produced doesn’t make sense because Turtles are green..like dinosaurs. Or that games featuring amphibian based life forms need to be released years apart in order to be successful. That’s ridiculous haha Also...Mandalorian is LITERALLY Star Wars.

Quoted from crujones4life:

To me releasing Godzilla while Jurassic Park is being produced makes about as much sense as releasing Mandolorian while Star Wars is being produced.

#15255 3 years ago

So just because both franchises have giant lizards in them means the fandom is the same? They seem EXTREMELY different to me, but I'm not a big fan of either.

#15256 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Godzilla is not a Dinosaur.

05D4D353-A105-491F-8B0A-BC660486A62B.gif05D4D353-A105-491F-8B0A-BC660486A62B.gif
#15257 3 years ago

Godzilla is a prehistoric sea monster that was affected by radiation. So...Dinosaur like...but not technically an actual Dinosaur as we know them.

#15258 3 years ago

Well...they are both large, green, and aggressive...lol. I don't really have an interest in either one. For me they are samey.

#15259 3 years ago

Oh ok, my bad. I didn’t realize you were four years old haha

Well...they are both large, green, and aggressive...lol. I don't really have an interest in either one. For me they are samey.

#15260 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Oh ok, my bad. I didn’t realize you were four years old haha

Now you have someone to play with!

#15261 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Godzilla is a prehistoric sea monster that was affected by radiation. So...Dinosaur like...but not technically an actual Dinosaur as we know them.

Godzilla vs King Ghidorah covered this. Godzilla is indeed a radiation-mutated Godzillasaurus dinosaur.

https://godzilla.fandom.com/wiki/Godzilla_vs._King_Ghidorah

https://godzilla.fandom.com/wiki/Godzillasaurus

#15262 3 years ago

Ahem...Godzillasaurus is not a real Dinosaur. So...I’m still correct. And my point made about how Godzilla and Jurassic park are not similar at all is still in tact.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Godzilla vs King Ghidorah covered this. Godzilla is indeed a radiation-mutated Godzillasaurus dinosaur.
https://godzilla.fandom.com/wiki/Godzilla_vs._King_Ghidorah
https://godzilla.fandom.com/wiki/Godzillasaurus

#15263 3 years ago

Godzilla is a kaiju not a dinosaur.
And saying JP and Godzilla are the same is like saying Star Wars and Star Trek is the same. So you are wrong.

#15264 3 years ago

Thank you, sir...everyone loves to act like they know some shit haha.

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

And saying JP and Godzilla are the same is like saying Star Wars and Star Trek is the same. So you are wrong.

#15265 3 years ago

I’d play with you too but...you’re not horny. Too bad.

Quoted from dc2010:

Now you have someone to play with!

5A310574-8B52-402A-9B9D-6C2577ABD7F1 (resized).jpeg5A310574-8B52-402A-9B9D-6C2577ABD7F1 (resized).jpeg
#15266 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Ahem...Godzillasaurus is not a real Dinosaur. So...I’m still correct. And my point made about how Godzilla and Jurassic park are not similar at all is still in tact.

Um, technically the dinosaurs (at least the "star") in the current Jurassic Parks are mutated/engineered dinos that don't exist, and never existed, either, so you're splitting hairs with the dinosaur species created in Godzilla lore?

Hint: Neither is real.

#15267 3 years ago

Really? That's not what Toho canon says (dubbed, as I assume you don't speak Japanese):

Don't take this to mean I have any interest in a Godzilla pin, though. One bad Godzilla pin is enough. But, surprise me, Keith.

#15268 3 years ago

Hmmm The JP dinos were spawned from original Dino DNA so they are real Dinosaurs. ABOMINATIONS of science but...real ( in the film ) real life...obviously not, as the film is fiction. But even as a work of fiction the Dinosaurs depicted are actually real. Unlike “Godzillasaurus”

Quoted from PinMonk:

Um, technically the dinosaurs (at least the "star") in the current Jurassic Parks are mutated/engineered dinos that don't exist, and never existed, either, so you're splitting hairs with the dinosaur species created in Godzilla lore?
Hint: Neither is real.

#15269 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Hmmm The JP dinos were spawned from original Dino DNA so they are real Dinosaurs. ABOMINATIONS of science but...real ( in the film ) real life...obviously not, as the film is fiction. But even as a work of fiction the Dinosaurs depicted are especially real. Unlike “Godzillasaurus”

I think you're splitting mutation/engineering hairs. A Toho movie calling Godzilla a dinosaur is as good as a fictional movie with fictionalized super-dinos calling them "dinos" in my book. Your book may differ. You can't change the fact that Toho calls Godzilla a mutated dinosaur. Argument dead.

#15270 3 years ago

This argument has been going on since 1958...so it’ll never be dead. The snippet is dubbed in English. The closest thing to a “Kaiju” in the European vernacular is a Dinosaur. But a Kaiju is simply a monster.

Quoted from PinMonk:

I think you're splitting mutation/engineering hairs. A Toho movie calling Godzilla a dinosaur is as good as a fictional movie with fictionalized super-dinos calling them "dinos" in my book. Your book may differ. You can't change the fact that Toho calls Godzilla a mutated dinosaur. Argument dead.

0F30479C-D66F-4A0D-A55D-BDF9FF93CC78 (resized).png0F30479C-D66F-4A0D-A55D-BDF9FF93CC78 (resized).png

#15271 3 years ago

More surprising is the fact that Godzilla is actually based off of a fictional mutated marine Iguana. Are iguanas Dinosaurs? Not so much.

Quoted from PinMonk:

A1320410-99F3-473A-89FA-502E0A128BBB (resized).jpegA1320410-99F3-473A-89FA-502E0A128BBB (resized).jpeg
#15272 3 years ago

This is the same tired argument the anti-superhero pins use. "Why do you need Deadpool, Iron Man Vault, Avengers, TMNT, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Batman 66 all in production? They are all the same."

Yawn. Godzilla and Jurassic park are about as similar a theme as Jurassic Park and Roller Coaster Tycoon.

#15273 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

This argument has been going on since 1958...so it’ll never be dead. The snippet is dubbed in English. The closest thing to a “Kaiju” in the European vernacular is a Dinosaur. But a Kaiju is simply a monster.

[quoted image]

Well, you can screen cap nice, but you don't know what you're talking about. The word used to describe Godzilla's origin is kyōryū, which means dinosaur. It's NOT Kaijū, which means monster.

You can clearly hear kyōryū used when referring to Godzilla's origin in the original Japanese version of the English-dubbed Toho movie scene I just provided for your convenience. Jump to the 21:40 mark to hear the scene in Japanese:

https://archive.org/details/01GodzillaVs.KingGhidorah_201811

Do you hear Kaijū? No, you don't.

BUT you hear Kaijū when referring to King Ghidorah at 47:23 here:

https://archive.org/details/01GodzillaVs.KingGhidorah_201811

Toho says Godzilla is a mutated dinosaur. In English and the original Japanese. Look at everything you learned today!

You're welcome.

Now that we know for sure, without question, that Toho refers to Godzilla as a mutated dinosaur after all, you can argue the JP/Godzilla connection amongst yourselves. That is a more subjective agenda item.

#15274 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

More surprising is the fact that Godzilla is actually based off of a fictional mutated marine Iguana. Are iguanas Dinosaurs? Not so much.
[quoted image]

So you're going to believe some rando on Quora quoting two AMERICAN MADE bastardizations of Godzilla instead of TOHO THE CREATORS OF GODZILLA IN THIER OWN MOVIE?

Uh, whatever. Stop using Japanese terms if you think the American Godzillas are relevant at all, then. You can't have it both ways.

#15275 3 years ago

Munsters has a dinosaur, then there is JP. Tmnt is also based on mutated aquatic life and now Stern dare to make another game with a big scary green creature. There are also rumors of Jaws as a possible title when there is already a shark in Deadpool. Does stern know no bounds? Oh the humanity...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#15276 3 years ago

I'm really enjoying these Godzilla/dinosaur posts so please don't get the wrong impression when I say...MY GOD, PINSIDERS CAN BE REAL DORKS AT TIMES!

#15277 3 years ago

I was trolling with the Quora thing, thought that was obvious haha. Anyway, it’s certainly debatable. But the main thing is...a Godzilla pin can exist without stepping on JPs toes.

Quoted from PinMonk:

So you're going to believe some rando on Quora quoting two AMERICAN MADE bastardizations of Godzilla instead of TOHO THE CREATORS OF GODZILLA IN THIER OWN MOVIE?
Uh, whatever. Stop using Japanese terms if you think the American Godzillas are relevant at all, then. You can't have it both ways.

#15278 3 years ago

Regardless of whether Godzilla is a dino, iguana, reptile or plant based, it was given a huge dose of radiation, enough to make grow/shrink it by a big factor. So Godzilla was hugely radioactive, and just being near him would have been poisonous. Even if you survived his attack, radiation poisoning would get you. I am beginning to see holes in the probable story line.

#15279 3 years ago

Godzilla and Jurassic Park are so close they could easily just re-theme JP - new art, new Dino head, tower becomes Tokyo skyscraper etc. Easy. Next.

#15280 3 years ago

I think since the dinosaur theme is so popular, my vote goes to Dorothy the dinosaur.

Dorothy_the_Dinosaur_424x291HP (resized).jpgDorothy_the_Dinosaur_424x291HP (resized).jpg
#15281 3 years ago

If we are considering dragons and Komodo’s id like to request my childhood fave .. h r pufnstuf

C9FC3C13-261B-4FEC-BF38-A793C563694E.jpegC9FC3C13-261B-4FEC-BF38-A793C563694E.jpeg
#15282 3 years ago

PinMonk doesn‘t want you to buy silent fans for Godzilla it seems.

#15283 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

If we are considering dragons and Komodo’s id like to request my childhood fave .. h r pufnstuf
[quoted image]

Nice! If sea monsters are still game I vote Sigmund. A Sigmund/HR Puf n Stuf pin would be amazing.

495B5C0B-1E6B-4A2E-95D2-4502D7264157 (resized).jpeg495B5C0B-1E6B-4A2E-95D2-4502D7264157 (resized).jpeg
#15284 3 years ago

Love the idea of a Sid and Marty Croft pin...I’m a big Lidsville guy.

Quoted from KongDonkey:

Nice! If sea monsters are still game I vote Sigmund. A Sigmund/HR Puf n Stuf pin would be amazing.
[quoted image]

0050CF66-DCD8-4B42-BFF9-3582C8931C6F (resized).jpeg0050CF66-DCD8-4B42-BFF9-3582C8931C6F (resized).jpeg
#15285 3 years ago

While the story of Star Trek & Star Wars are in different places in the universe with different weapons, They are all men in tights. Just sayin

12C03EAD-8C59-4D23-B7CD-988D14AA2296 (resized).jpeg12C03EAD-8C59-4D23-B7CD-988D14AA2296 (resized).jpegA004E94A-72D1-4B84-8A95-42930FEFF769 (resized).jpegA004E94A-72D1-4B84-8A95-42930FEFF769 (resized).jpeg
#15286 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Love the idea of a Sid and Marty Croft pin...I’m a big Lidsville guy.
[quoted image]

Yes, Sid & Marty Pin please. My 2 dads who invented me

0B9ED8CC-F1DF-4BB9-BAFE-4064B9A2E281.jpeg0B9ED8CC-F1DF-4BB9-BAFE-4064B9A2E281.jpeg
#15287 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

PinMonk doesn‘t want you to buy silent fans for Godzilla it seems.

I couldn't care less, either way. Improve yourself, or don't. Learn facts or don't. I'm just here to show the way if I can help.

#15288 3 years ago
Quoted from KongDonkey:

[quoted image]

Actually, a whole Sid and Marty Krofft pin could be a lot of fun. Lot of weird source material there that could make a very...different pin.

#15289 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

While the story of Star Trek & Star Wars are in different places in the universe with different weapons, They are all men in tights. Just sayin
[quoted image][quoted image]

But only one of the series had a lead that was hot for his sister.

#15290 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Hamill is wearing pants not tights. Joke fail.

#15291 3 years ago

Godzilla is coming out so you can keep speculating all you want. BTTF will not.

#15292 3 years ago

My distributor just told me Marty and Doc are going back in time and bringing Godzilla back to the future and adam lambert is going to sing to calm down Godzilla.So he says the next game is Back to the future meets Godzilla on stage with Queen.

#15293 3 years ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

My distributor just told me Marty and Doc are going back in time and bringing Godzilla back to the future and adam lambert is going to sing to calm down Godzilla.So he says the next game is Back to the future meets Godzilla on stage with Queen.

....singing “we are the champions”.....

#15294 3 years ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

Only thing missing from the fantasy are some Welk accordion riffs

#15295 3 years ago

Hamill is wearing pants not tights. Joke fail.

Does it pass now?

17D60971-E8D2-4593-97AD-1DA53EAE7BF4.jpeg17D60971-E8D2-4593-97AD-1DA53EAE7BF4.jpeg

#15296 3 years ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

Sounds like a mad world.

#15297 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Regardless of whether Godzilla is a dino, iguana, reptile or plant based, it was given a huge dose of radiation, enough to make grow/shrink it by a big factor. So Godzilla was hugely radioactive, and just being near him would have been poisonous. Even if you survived his attack, radiation poisoning would get you. I am beginning to see holes in the probable story line.

Super Geek Moment: This is a really interesting point they actually covered in one of the Marc Cersani's Godzilla novels in late 90's. The path Godzilla walked was essentially like Chernobyl.

In other versions they explain it away by saying Godzilla essentially consumes radiation now. (Which is why they have fed him Nuclear Weapons in a few movies now)

#15298 3 years ago

Seems like Revenge of the Nerds would be a pretty successful theme around here.....

F42C568D-B20E-4F28-AFCF-35012F58A08F (resized).jpegF42C568D-B20E-4F28-AFCF-35012F58A08F (resized).jpeg
#15299 3 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Seems like Revenge of the Nerds would be a pretty successful theme around here.....
[quoted image]

I'd take Sid and Marty Krofft World, Rocky Horror, a bunch of other various and sundry weird pin themes, and...*gasp* even TOHO Godzilla before I'd ever want a Revenge of the Nerds pin. I can't see much pin potential in the property.

#15300 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd take Sid and Marty Krofft World, Rocky Horror, a bunch of other various and sundry weird pin themes, and...*gasp* even TOHO Godzilla before I'd ever want a Revenge of the Nerds pin. I can't see much pin potential in the property.

I was really just kind of implying that things were getting a bit nerdy in here.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.95
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

There are 46,883 posts in this topic. You are on page 306 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/306?hl=linkboy74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.