Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 302 of 938.
#15051 3 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

I've never played AIQ, but it's very obvious on DP. The scoop light pulses, GI goes dim, and there's a "heart beat" audio queue.

I have genuinely never noticed the GI or Heartbeat, I know the scoop flashes which is usually when I know I’m good to go I’ll have to pay more attention, still not as cool or obvious as “FINISH HIM” that would be all kinds of awesome!

#15052 3 years ago

If it’s BTTF I hope they don’t screw it up. There’s so much cool stuff they can do with that license. That’s going to be a buy for me 100%

#15053 3 years ago
Quoted from OCP2:If it’s BTTF I hope they don’t screw it up. There’s so much cool stuff they can do with that license. That’s going to be a buy for me 100%

I only have pro money, so hope they make a 3 model, pro, premium, le.
And NOT the batman model.
And it has to be good with all the gameplay like JP or I buy a other pro that "looks" premium.

#15054 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Next pin reveal due 28 April
Stern delivered a month early this time!
Math below.
Aerosmith 1/4/2017 (128 days after BM66)
Star Wars 5/31/2017 (147 days after Aerosmith)
Guardians of the Galaxy 11/2/2017 (156 days after Star Wars)
Iron Maiden 3/25/2018 (144 days after Guardians of the Galaxy)
Dead Pool 8/3/2018 (131 days after Iron Maiden)
Munsters 1/12/2019 (203 days after Deadpool)
Black Knight SOR 3/25/2019 (72 days after Munsters)
Jurassic Park 7/26/2019 (122 days after BK SOR)
Stranger Things: 12/23/2019 (150 days after Jurassic Park)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 5/27/2020 (155 days after Stranger Things)
Avengers Infinity War: 9/2/2020 (98 Days after Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Led Zeppelin: 12/15/2020 (104 days after AIQ)
The average time between cornerstone releases is now 134 days.
Next Stern Pin is due on or about 28 April.
My money is still on Godzilla based on the quoted post above AND the fact the new Godzilla movie is due out Early May.

We are in the "any day now" release time. Based off of previous releases, the next pin is projected to come out around 28 April, but the last few releases have been pretty close together. Based off of there already being a waiting list at the factory, I am inclined to say it will be closer to 28 April, but an announcement any day now wouldn't surprise me.

On a pure speculation note not connected to past releases, I think 5 scenarios are likely.

1. Stern surprises us and releases Godzilla Vs. Kong by Elwin next week, and Pinside loses its mind. This is the most likely scenario for a March/early April release. The movie releases next Wednesday, and if Stern has a scoop and actually releases a game with a movie, this is the time to do it.

2. Stern surprises us with Back to the Future with Brian Eddy. I believe as a designer he is, "up next". If it is BTTF next, I believe that game would come out later in April or early in May.

3. Stern surprises us with a vault or another home pin. As I understand it, they are pretty backed up in manufacturing right now. A Transformers comic book edition has been rumored for some time. If we hear one of these the release of a cornerstone will come within a month of the announcement.

4. Stern surprises us with a Premium/LE only game. There have been none since Elvira, and JJP is doing well with it's higher end pins and EHOH is a hot ticket item. I think Kamikow might get another A list license like Harry Potter (I can dream).

5. Stern surprises us with something out of left field. Stern releases a game other than BTTF, Jaws, Godzilla, and Weird Al's Polka Party we have been clamoring for.

Of all of these options, I believe numbers 4 or 5 to be most likely. I've still got my fingers crossed for Polka Party.

#15055 3 years ago

How the next Stern could be based on the next Godzilla, movie realesed on mid may??

Then if i had to give my 2 cents, i would go for BTTF for the next stern

#15056 3 years ago

I hope you’re all ready for a BTTF without MJ Fox. Or a cartoon version. Or one with only 5 scenes from the 3rd movie. The way Licencing has been going in pinball lately, I’m not getting my hopes up.
64F2C8A1-9870-4B58-8576-CB0D858C27CA (resized).jpeg64F2C8A1-9870-4B58-8576-CB0D858C27CA (resized).jpeg

#15057 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I hope you’re all ready for a BTTF without MJ Fox. Or a cartoon version. The way Licencing has been going in pinball lately, I’m not getting my hopes up.[quoted image]

I don’t think it fit a Stern « standard »

#15058 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I hope you’re all ready for a BTTF without MJ Fox. Or a cartoon version. Or one with only 5 scenes from the 3rd movie. The way Licencing has been going in pinball lately, I’m not getting my hopes up.
[quoted image]

Even if this was true, we've got some pretty talented people around here to correct that.

#15059 3 years ago

Godzilla Vs. King Kong Spring ?!
JAWS a Summer release vibe
BTTF has more of a Fall release vibe to me
Harry Potter I’m thinking Winter release

#15060 3 years ago

If the next one is truly Eddy and BTTF I need to get a smaller TV so I can fit another machine down here! lol

#15061 3 years ago

I don’t care who makes a Pink Floyd Pin I’m in on LE or Collector’s just make it happen and take my money!

#15062 3 years ago

LOL. We're all just throwing random shit out there.

ewAs7uz.gifewAs7uz.gif
#15063 3 years ago

4. Stern surprises us with a Kamikow Premium/LE game. There have been none since Elvira, and JJP is doing well with it's higher end pins and EHOH is a hot ticket item. I think Kamikow would be an A list license like Harry Potter (I can dream).

Elvira was not a Kamikow game...Beatles and Batman don’t really have mechanical magic.

#15064 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Elvira was not a Kamikow game...Beatles and Batman don’t really have mechanical magic.

I stand corrected. I will adjust to say, "Premium/LE only".

#15065 3 years ago

Pink Floyd ought to play slow and drifty like a poorly set up system 80 haha. I just don’t see it as a viable theme. Pinball is so fast, exciting and kinetic...Pink Floyd is like...a heroin nap.

Quoted from pldubya43:

I don’t care who makes a Pink Floyd Pin I’m in on LE or Collector’s just make it happen and take my money!

#15066 3 years ago

We are in the "any day now" release time. Based off of previous releases, the next pin is projected to come out around 28 April, but the last few releases have been pretty close together. Based off of there already being a waiting list at the factory, I am inclined to say it will be closer to 28 April, but an announcement any day now wouldn't surprise me.
On a pure speculation note not connected to past releases, I think 5 scenarios are likely.
1. Stern surprises us and releases Godzilla Vs. Kong by Elwin next week, and Pinside loses its mind. This is the most likely scenario for a March/early April release. The movie releases next Wednesday, and if Stern has a scoop and actually releases a game with a movie, this is the time to do it.
2. Stern surprises us with Back to the Future with Brian Eddy. I believe as a designer he is, "up next". If it is BTTF next, I believe that game would come out later in April or early in May.
3. Stern surprises us with a vault or another home pin. As I understand it, they are pretty backed up in manufacturing right now. A Transformers comic book edition has been rumored for some time. If we hear one of these the release of a cornerstone will come within a month of the announcement.
4. Stern surprises us with a Premium/LE only game. There have been none since Elvira, and JJP is doing well with it's higher end pins and EHOH is a hot ticket item. I think Kamikow might get another A list license like Harry Potter (I can dream).
5. Stern surprises us with something out of left field. Stern releases a game other than BTTF, Jaws, Godzilla, and Weird Al's Polka Party we have been clamoring for.
Of all of these options, I believe numbers 4 or 5 to be most likely. I've still got my fingers crossed for Polka Party.

Your list didnt include EHOH or the rereleases like IM vault, Spiderman and StarWars reskins or boutique titles like Primus (also the home pin bs i guess but who cares lol)

#15067 3 years ago
Quoted from OCP2:

If it’s BTTF I hope they don’t screw it up. There’s so much cool stuff they can do with that license. That’s going to be a buy for me 100%

shouldn't you be pushing for a Robocop machine? Just like BTTF, they made one but damn, would an updated machine (based on the first two movies only) be unbelievable

#15068 3 years ago

I pray the next pin is BTTF .... so I don’t have to read another fucking post about the next Stern pin being BTTF.

#15069 3 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

shouldn't you be pushing for a Robocop machine? Just like BTTF, they made one but damn would an updated machine (based on the first two movies only) be unbelievable

“I’d buy that for a dollar”

#15070 3 years ago

I still think its going to be Highway to the Danger Zone...

#15071 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Your list didnt include EHOH or the rereleases like IM vault, Spiderman and StarWars reskins or boutique titles like Primus (also the home pin bs i guess but who cares lol)

No... the list explicitly only cointains "cornerstone" games as those seem to be on a regular schedule while the vaults, homepins, botique titles, and titles without a "pro" version seem to be on less of a regular schedule.

#15072 3 years ago
Quoted from pldubya43:

I would buy a Pink Floyd LE/CE sight unseen from Stern or JJP. If it was JJP, I’d charter Space-X to pick up on the dark side of the moon.

#15073 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Pink Floyd ought to play slow and drifty like a poorly set up system 80 haha. I just don’t see it as a viable theme. Pinball is so fast, exciting and kinetic...Pink Floyd is like...a heroin nap.

They could literally be my least favorite band. It’s close.

#15074 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I pray the next pin is BTTF .... so I don’t have to read another fucking post about the next Stern pin being BTTF.

10 mothafing times better than another band pin, would you prefer another star trek?

#15075 3 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

shouldn't you be pushing for a Robocop machine? Just like BTTF, they made one but damn, would an updated machine (based on the first two movies only) be unbelievable</blockquote

shouldn't you be pushing for a Robocop machine? Just like BTTF, they made one but damn, would an updated machine (based on the first two movies only) be unbelievable

That’s another theme I’d like them to revisit.

#15076 3 years ago

next pin should be underworld. 5 movies I believe? that would be an epic pin.

mo9pmaXlgmmGbUGUC5BoqTgpzB6 (resized).jpgmo9pmaXlgmmGbUGUC5BoqTgpzB6 (resized).jpg
#15077 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

If the next one is truly Eddy and BTTF I need to get a smaller TV so I can fit another machine down here! lol

I just pray if they put BTTF in Eddy's hands, it isn't another rehashed fan layout.

#15078 3 years ago

They way things are with production right now I don’t see them squeezing in a vault this year. Seems like too much out here for new cornerstone games this year.

#15079 3 years ago

Pray BTTF gets out later with Elwin on it so has a much better chance for a fantastic game. Eddy on MK. Wishful thinking.

#15080 3 years ago

BTTF will be Kapow, no pro model Premium pricing approx $8600 + tax and shipping

Elwin is on Godzilla

Quoted from FalconDriver:

Pray BTTF gets out later with Elwin on it so has a much better chance for a fantastic game. Eddy on MK. Wishful thinking.

#15081 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

BTTF will be Kapow, no pro model Premium pricing approx $8600 + tax and shipping
Elwin is on Godzilla

Cool, I'm down with the BTTF SLFCE

Back To The Future Super Limited Flux Capacitor Edition...Of which I predict 88 of them.

Likely to include a piece of stainless steel from the on screen Deloreon.

Guessing $12,500 MSRP with a Pinside price of 20k...

#15082 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Cool, I'm down with the BTTF SLFCE
Back To The Future Super Limited Flux Capacitor Edition...Of which I predict 88 of them.
Guessing $12,500 MSRP with a Pinside price of 20k...

I can't wait to hoard the toppers for this thing.

#15083 3 years ago

$15k msrp easy for SLE. What was BM66 SLE years ago?

#15084 3 years ago

It’s obviously going to be:

Knight Rider (resized).jpegKnight Rider (resized).jpeg
#15085 3 years ago

...way cooler than a time traveling DeLorean!

#15086 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Hub cap? I can see that.

#15087 3 years ago
Quoted from curban:

[quoted image]

Would be a hot seller in the German market. A Hoff soundtrack would put it over the top

#15088 3 years ago
Quoted from curban:

[quoted image]

Night Rider would be sweet...Burger Time video mode!
1BcG.gif1BcG.gif

#15089 3 years ago

Back to the Future Spa honestly sounds like the BEST. THEME. EVER!

Paul Faris on backglass art, Dave Christensen on playfield art.

Take my $$$!

#15090 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

How the next Stern could be based on the next Godzilla, movie realesed on mid may??
Then if i had to give my 2 cents, i would go for BTTF for the next stern

Because it won’t be based on the new movie that’s how they could do Godzilla next.

#15091 3 years ago

I hope Tanio gets to be a lead programmer on another game soon. I’m really enjoying his code on Deadpool. I haven’t seen him associated with any pins in a couple of years.

#15092 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

[quoted image]

For artwork I can see something like Ghostbusters that turned out with the cartoon style artwork from ZY.

#15093 3 years ago
Quoted from pldubya43:

I would be stoked for a PF pin. Many of there songs are swirling, psychedelic ballads like Comfortably Numb (my all-time fav song), but they have some rock songs mixed in there too. For me the epic feel of some longer songs like Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Echoes and all of Animals would make for some immersive, long-ball games. It would probably have to be a widebody with a floaty feel and 30 minute game times! Probably not likely, but maybe!

#15094 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

You’re missing the point. You claimed that all modern Sterns are getting worse and worse yet you havnt played more than HALF of them. So...you can’t even form that “opinion” now can you? Oh and for the record ( because I can tell that you are confused) I agreed with you that LZ sucks.</blockquo

$15k msrp easy for SLE. What was BM66 SLE years ago?

You guys are just flat telling stern to f**k you in the a$$. “ oh it’s going to be way over priced, I’ll take it.”

#15095 3 years ago
Quoted from DonnyC:

next pin should be underworld. 5 movies I believe? that would be an epic pin.[quoted image]

4, 3 were good

#15096 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You guys are just flat telling stern to fuck you in the ass. “ oh it’s going to be way over priced, I’ll take it.”

I think they might be saying they make more monies than us

#15097 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think they might be saying they make more monies than us

they obviously do

#15098 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:You guys are just flat telling stern to fuck you in the ass. “ oh it’s going to be way over priced, I’ll take it.”

This is why plan to get into the topper flipping biz. I don't want to put $15,000 into a new game, but ill be instabuy for 50 toppers!!
you-wanna-stern-toppa-you-talk-to-me (resized).jpgyou-wanna-stern-toppa-you-talk-to-me (resized).jpg

#15099 3 years ago

Why’d you quote me? I ain’t buying that shit haha

Quoted from zr11990:

You guys are just flat telling stern to fuck you in the ass. “ oh it’s going to be way over priced, I’ll take it.”

#15100 3 years ago

I think a lot of folks are $crewed if it’s BTTF and Godzilla in same year.
Toppers too?! Uhh..

557E08B5-AAAB-4F11-99D1-BD4B2F8F2FEC (resized).jpeg557E08B5-AAAB-4F11-99D1-BD4B2F8F2FEC (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 302 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/302?hl=beegeemtl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.