IMG_2624 (resized).jpeg
Nelson (resized).png
Andre (resized).png
dad_lg-min (resized).jpg
E497E3E8-872D-4DC9-B95B-17AFBD94F4D0 (resized).jpeg
23DC2D2F-A90E-4CA2-98A1-F19762374E3D (resized).jpeg
FDD39C64-5E43-4A2A-80EF-54E82F1F62E3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 301 of 936.
#15001 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Im going to trust a random redditer that claimed a teaser is coming this friday and its BttF. If so Id get in line for an LE. Not my top theme but a real good one if done well.

Link to the redditer claim, please.

#15002 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

It'd be pretty damn cool to have to find the Loot Llama to start multiball. The more shots you hit, the better the weapon upgrade. Modes are map locations. Hell, lay it out like JP in the center play field.
Of course finally internet co op / vs. I'd work.

Instant LE buy at my house! My kids would FREAK out!!! Ive spent more money on that game then a Stern Pro probably. Imagine online 4 vs 4 battles somehow being coded with chat. It would be Epic(pun). I tell them everytime a new game comes here its Fortnite and there always like really and run downstairs to check. Almost had them fooled with Black Knight saying it was BK from the game but didnt work. It would be one the only themes to bring in the young crowd for the sake of future pinball in general because were not getting any younger and eventually they will be the present buying pinball machines and i dont know any kids that like pinball more then a few games then they just ignore them and go play Fortnite, CoD, or something online with there friends. Pinball needs to evolve using the internet or it will go away over time as it once did before almost.

#15003 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Yes, IM is great and I dont like the band. Metallica is one of the best pins around. But, how long ago was that. Stern seems to be getting worse instead of better. As far as LZ, I have seen enough here that I wouldnt bother to play one if I saw one. IMO they did a great band a disservice.

I wouldn't trust Pinside to the point of not trying out a game. If I did I wouldn't have my own opinion. By the way Led Zeppelin is definitely worth trying.

#15004 3 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

I wouldn't trust Pinside to the point of not trying out a game. If I did I wouldn't have my own opinion. By the way Led Zeppelin is definitely worth trying.

Seriously, not sure where these strong negative opinions are coming from for LZ. I've put about 300 games on mine and I love it. It is the fastest pin i've ever played by a wide margin. Makes my Star Trek feel slow.

I also think the LE is the best looking pin I've ever seen in person.

#15005 3 years ago

I agree DP & AIQ have certainly filled my appetite for health meter battles/modes but if Stern are going to go this route again, MK is the one theme I could live with next to my DP & AIQ.

#15006 3 years ago

Stern...if you’re listening

TSPP VAULT:

TREEHOUSE OF HORROR!!!

75D4DEEE-0BA3-4EF7-A933-CACD0348A644 (resized).png75D4DEEE-0BA3-4EF7-A933-CACD0348A644 (resized).png
#15007 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

TSPP VAULT:
TREEHOUSE OF HORROR!!!
[quoted image]

great idea

#15008 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Not from Stern. Look how they fucked up LZ. Its a generic pin with LZ pics on the PF and it plays their music. Do one like JJP did GnR and it would be awesome. I am not a JJP fanboy, as I have said before neither manufacturer is worth what they charge for their shit.

Agreed, I gave the LZ pro another chance this weekend. Bleh. But I do love rocking out to Zep, so Ill make my own! Ill use pinbrowser to change the music in my METLE, then it will be worthy!!

#15009 3 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Link to the redditer claim, please.

hrm I went to the thread on r/pinball where I saw the comment(or thought that was the thread) and its no longer there. Was r/pinball and thread was called Next stern release

#15010 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I agree DP & AIQ have certainly filled my appetite for health meter battles/modes but if Stern are going to go this route again, MK is the one theme I could live with next to my DP & AIQ.

I know right, it's the only one is really makes sense!

#15011 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I know right, it's the only one is really makes sense!

As much as I like DP and AIQ with those final blows, I don’t always realise I’m on that shot.

MKs final blow could be announced with “FINISH HIM” that alone would be worth a Pro

And you’ve got Ritchie already on the pay roll to do some voice over work.

#15012 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

TSPP VAULT:
TREEHOUSE OF HORROR!!!
[quoted image]

That would be cool for sure.

#15013 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

As much as I like DP and AIQ with those final blows, I don’t always realise I’m on that shot.
MKs final blow could be announced with “FINISH HIM” that alone would be worth a Pro

Sure finishing move in scoop or hold by plunger to show it. Whoms going to add the Babalities?!

#15014 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Big MK fan back in the day but do we really need another 2D fighting LCD situation? Getting old already.

Yes I agree but good way to draw in the younger crowd on location instead of waiting for dad to purchase.

#15015 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

Yes I agree but good way to draw in the younger crowd on location instead of waiting for dad to purchase.

Fair...if kids play fighting games in arcades anymore?

#15016 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Where have you been dude? JP DP TMNT and EHOH are all stellar games. LZ and STH are the only real dumpers I can see.

JP looks great but I have never seen a TMNT even here. Im not sure what EHOH is.

Quoted from greenstreet:

Seriously, not sure where these strong negative opinions are coming from for LZ.

It may be a fun game to play but IMO they did a piss poor job integrating the band into the game. Also it is just a basic fan layout game, no imagination. And to me it is just a fugly game. That is my opinion. Riding the coat tails of GnR doesnt help.

#15017 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

JP looks great but I have never seen a TMNT even here. Im not sure what EHOH is.

It may be a fun game to play but IMO they did a piss poor job integrating the band into the game. Also it is just a basic fan layout game, no imagination. And to me it is just a fugly game.

A mankini helps with the weird choice of naked Icarus front and center...

LZ_Icarus_Mankini.jpgLZ_Icarus_Mankini.jpg

#15018 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:As much as I like DP and AIQ with those final blows, I don’t always realise I’m on that shot.

I can see Eddy having his hands on this title not so much Ritchie. After BKSOR which I admire but might need a break from Ritchie call outs on this go around.

#15019 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

TSPP VAULT:
TREEHOUSE OF HORROR!!!
[quoted image]

#15020 3 years ago

Well...maybe you’re not the expert on how good or bad all recent Sterns are then ay? Jussayn’

Quoted from zr11990:

JP looks great but I have never seen a TMNT even here. Im not sure what EHOH is

#15021 3 years ago

Could it be cool?

Toile-Affiche-Cobra-Space-Adventure-Poster-Photo-Manga-_57 (resized).jpgToile-Affiche-Cobra-Space-Adventure-Poster-Photo-Manga-_57 (resized).jpg
#15022 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

hrm I went to the thread on r/pinball where I saw the comment(or thought that was the thread) and its no longer there. Was r/pinball and thread was called Next stern release

Interesting...Do a history check on your web browser.
I could see Brian E. on BttF.

#15023 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

It may be a fun game to play but IMO they did a piss poor job integrating the band into the game. Also it is just a basic fan layout game, no imagination. And to me it is just a fugly game. That is my opinion. Riding the coat tails of GnR doesnt help.

If it's not your thing that's totally cool man. Everyone has their preferences.

My preference is for a fan layout! I've got LOTR, SM, ST, and LZ and love'em all

#15024 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Could it be cool?
[quoted image]

Cool, yes. But WAYYY too niche.

I can think of a dozen other anime/manga I'd rather see first.

#15025 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Cool, yes. But WAYYY too niche.
I can think of a dozen other anime/manga I'd rather see first.

Sorry what means « too niche »?
Thanks

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#15026 3 years ago

Thanks

Too Narrow, to small in scale, not popular.

#15027 3 years ago

Thanks

A small segment of the overall market. A corner, a small slice or section of the wider market.

Cobra has its fans (including me), but it's a very niche market, and a pretty old anime/manga, too.

#15028 3 years ago

Who do I call for my SLE / CLE Only 88 of them will be available, what distributor gets the most allocation ?

cqtvaciecgp1nenksgtr (resized).jpgcqtvaciecgp1nenksgtr (resized).jpg
#15029 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A small segment of the overall market. A corner, a small slice or section of the wider market.
Cobra has its fans (including me), but it's a very niche market, and a pretty old anime/manga, too.

I guess it is a matter of age...maybe we are about the same age.

#15030 3 years ago

This thread is way too active for no news! LOL, gets me excited every time I see it flaming at the top of the thread list

#15031 3 years ago
BF86DD5D-A5DC-49A0-9DCE-704E4A1DE666.jpegBF86DD5D-A5DC-49A0-9DCE-704E4A1DE666.jpeg
#15032 3 years ago

361D4D4B-C1D1-4D07-9659-BA58F7222C7B.jpeg361D4D4B-C1D1-4D07-9659-BA58F7222C7B.jpeg

#15033 3 years ago

If Super7 is able to secure the BttF license and recently produce a 2wave of figures then Sterns gotta have this license and is working on it.
It’s too easy for Stern. 72593479-30C0-4880-BDED-3B2ABD6A4AF6 (resized).jpeg72593479-30C0-4880-BDED-3B2ABD6A4AF6 (resized).jpeg

https://super7.com/collections/back-to-the-future

https://thepopinsider.com/news/bttf-super7-reaction-figures-wave-2/

#15034 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I've never played AIQ, but it's very obvious on DP. The scoop light pulses, GI goes dim, and there's a "heart beat" audio queue.

#15035 3 years ago

Watching the whole BTTF series by Josh Gates now
called Expedition Back to the Future.

#15036 3 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

If Super7 is able to secure the BttF license and recently produce a 2wave of figures then Sterns gotta have this license and is working on it.
It’s too easy for Stern. [quoted image]
https://super7.com/collections/back-to-the-future
https://thepopinsider.com/news/bttf-super7-reaction-figures-wave-2/

We have the technology to do away with such embarrassing approximations of main characters in toy lines, and it's really not expensive.

#15037 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We have the technology to do away with such embarrassing approximations of main characters in toy lines, and it's really not expensive.

I think there was an old story about how m.j. Fox didn’t want his likeness being in the pinball back box or something from the first BttF pinball machine, so I can see how at one time it might have been a little edgy to get a license.
Now with cv-19 and the economy the way it is, all the companies are trying to sell their licenses and make up for loss revenues.

#15038 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Who do I call for my SLE / CLE Only 88 of them will be available, what distributor gets the most allocation ?
[quoted image]

It's a time machine theme, so there's 88 for each of the 34 years of Stern being in business.

#15039 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sure finishing move in scoop or hold by plunger to show it. Whoms going to add the Babalities?!

Exactly. Hold the ball so you can watch the finishing blow!

#15040 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Thanks for nothing......until 10 minutes ago I was blissfully unaware of Human Centipede, now I can’t un-know it.

I've spent many years trying to make sure I avoid ever watching it!

#15041 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Well...maybe you’re not the expert on how good or bad all recent Sterns are then ay? Jussayn’

You have your opinions, I have mine. If you own it and love it I’m happy for you.

#15042 3 years ago

Why did Delorean hot wheels prices skyrocket today?
This hobby is out of control.
301E9DCC-3FDE-4822-8D8C-0CDFAD3E6529 (resized).jpeg301E9DCC-3FDE-4822-8D8C-0CDFAD3E6529 (resized).jpeg

#15043 3 years ago

You’re missing the point. You claimed that all modern Sterns are getting worse and worse yet you havnt played more than HALF of them. So...you can’t even form that “opinion” now can you? Oh and for the record ( because I can tell that you are confused) I agreed with you that LZ sucks.

Quoted from zr11990:

You have your opinions, I have mine. If you own it and love it I’m happy for you.

#15044 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Why did Delorean hot wheels prices skyrocket today?
This hobby is out of control.
[quoted image]

Pinball or Hotwheels? I dont know anything about Hot Wheels but i have a couple because im a movie dork.

20210322_225442 (resized).jpg20210322_225442 (resized).jpg
#15045 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

TSPP VAULT:
TREEHOUSE OF HORROR!!!
[quoted image]

This is on my wish list!! Imagine what Lyman could do with the assets!!

#15046 3 years ago
Screenshot_20210322-224914 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210322-224914 (resized).jpg
#15047 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

You’re missing the point. You claimed that all modern Sterns are getting worse and worse yet you havnt played more than HALF of them. So...you can’t even form that “opinion” now can you? Oh and for the record ( because I can tell that you are confused) I agreed with you that LZ sucks.

You're just so wrong about zeppelin. Have you played a prem or LE? Code is coming along great too, and with pinwoofer setup, sounds better than any pin I've owned. The music is perfect for pinball.

#15048 3 years ago

It’s just not my thing, theme or layout wise. Also, Ritchie is my least favorite designer. I really struggle to like his games. Annnd not really interested in sounds I don’t wanna hear haha....especially if I’ve gotta go buy better speakers in order to enjoy it.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You're just so wrong about zeppelin. Have you played a prem or LE? Code is coming along great too, and with pinwoofer setup, sounds better than any pin I've owned. The music is perfect for pinball.

#15049 3 years ago

#15050 3 years ago

I would buy a BTTF pin sight unseen.

I mean C'mon - It's Marty McFly and the Pinheads for crying out loud. (Marty's high school band)

It's our Density...I mean our Destiny to have a new BTTF

I'm a BTTF nut...was 13 in 1985, probably saw the movie over 100 times. Home Movie theater is decked out with BTTF art

Doc Brown is in my PC trying to get my GPU 1.21 Gigawatts!!!.

The Delorean on my desk is actually a delay guitar pedal made from Die-Cast metal The "Delayrean"

One day...one day....

20210220_185907 (resized).jpg20210220_185907 (resized).jpg20210323_002046 (resized).jpg20210323_002046 (resized).jpg20210323_002107 (resized).jpg20210323_002107 (resized).jpg20210323_002124 (resized).jpg20210323_002124 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 24.95
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

£ 70.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

There are 46,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 301 of 936.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/301 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.