20240423_100836 (resized).jpg
20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,076 posts in this topic. You are on page 300 of 942.
#14951 3 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

I'm still hoping for a Billie Eilish pin.

God, no. When we all fall asleep, where do we go? Just listen to her CD and you'll find out.

#14952 3 years ago

I'd like if Stern would finally dare into touching video gaming "culture"
Yeah I know, maybe 10 years to early, judging by the demographic of pinheads, but I would love me some Monkey Island pin or Duke Nukem.

71K+bJM29SL (resized).jpg71K+bJM29SL (resized).jpg
#14953 3 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

My kids be interested in..Halo,Call of Duty,Fortnite,madden,grand tourismo,need for speed just to name a few

#14954 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

This video was fantastic. Thanks for dropping it here. Going to check out the back catalogue.

That was way to deep for me, but a cool video for sure. Megadeth is the perfect subject, for Pinball!

#14955 3 years ago

For potential themes I'd add a lot of great TV shows, especially in recent years with the high level of funding and consequent 'golden age'. I know a lot of shows have been covered already, but the focus is still more on movies and music IMO, leaving a TV seam ready to be further mined.

Taking an off-piste example, a submarine theme based on Das Boot would be cool. That soundtrack... Obviously, Dekalog might be more challenging

I'd like more comedy themes too. Look at this list below- see what I mean?? Loads of potential themes.

Breaking Bad
The Wire
Sherlock
The Office
Monty Python FC
Seinfeld
Friends
SNL
Black Mirror (a modern take on a TZ pin?)
Twin Peaks
Fawlty Towers
Better Call Saul
The Mandalorian
CYE
House of Cards
The Boys
The Thick Of It
Veep
Westworld
Deadwood
Blackadder
Dexter
Cobra Kai
Outer Limits
Mr Bean
IT Crowd
Shameless
Hannibal
What We Do In The Shadows.

#14956 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’d love a G1 Transformers but if Stern ever do it please give us a new layout, TF layout was kinda shit, very boring shooter.

Pro flowed nice
Was great choosing sides
Almost 2 games in one

#14957 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

For potential themes I'd add a lot of great TV shows, especially in recent years with the high level of funding and consequent 'golden age'. I know a lot of shows have been covered already, but the focus is still more on movies and music IMO, leaving a TV seam ready to be further mined.
Taking an off-piste example, a submarine theme based on Das Boot would be cool. That soundtrack... Obviously, Dekalog might be more challenging
I'd like more comedy themes too. Look at this list below- see what I mean?? Loads of potential themes.
Breaking Bad
The Wire
Sherlock
The Office
Monty Python FC
Seinfeld
Friends
SNL
Black Mirror (a modern take on a TZ pin?)
Twin Peaks
Fawlty Towers
Better Call Saul
The Mandalorian
CYE
House of Cards
The Boys
The Thick Of It
Veep
Westworld
Deadwood
Blackadder
Dexter
Cobra Kai
Outer Limits
Mr Bean
IT Crowd
Shameless
Hannibal
What We Do In The Shadows.

Now shameless would be incredible .

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14958 3 years ago

The Tick could be fun.

3A7CEBA0-8755-4383-B230-C9DE63B0790B (resized).jpeg3A7CEBA0-8755-4383-B230-C9DE63B0790B (resized).jpeg
#14959 3 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

Yeah I know, maybe 10 years to early, judging by the demographic of pinheads, but I would love me some Monkey Island pin or Duke Nukem.
[quoted image]

If you look closely at the DMD animations on Stern POTC, you will see someone there is obviously a fan of Monkey Island. Guybrush forever!

#14960 3 years ago

I'm hoping for a miracle from Stern...something original please!?

Since that's not going to happen, I'll second the idea of a Das Boot pin. A tense, WWII, U-Boat survival theme where the 'Hunter Becomes the Hunted,' and taken from the critically acclaimed anti war movie would be awesome (especially with the soundtrack and some special effects)!

#14961 3 years ago
Quoted from ManyQuarters:

I'm hoping for a miracle from Stern...something original please!?
Since that's not going to happen, I'll second the idea of a Das Boot pin. A tense, WWII, U-Boat survival theme where the 'Hunter Becomes the Hunted,' and taken from the critically acclaimed anti war movie would be awesome (especially with the soundtrack and some special effects)!

Very interesting idea, WWII pin could be great!
Could you imagine if they did BOB, one of the greatest pieces of TV ever made.

08224F8B-9910-4A47-B72C-5095FDF5FFA6 (resized).jpeg08224F8B-9910-4A47-B72C-5095FDF5FFA6 (resized).jpeg
#14962 3 years ago

We all know what game we really want but everyone is ashamed to say it. I'll take one for the team by saying..... Stern, do the Hudson Brothers Razzle Dazzle Show!

hbrds1 (resized).pnghbrds1 (resized).pnghbrds2 (resized).pnghbrds2 (resized).png
#14963 3 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

We all know what game we really want but everyone is ashamed to say it. I'll take one for the team by saying..... Stern, do the Hudson Brothers Razzle Dazzle Show![quoted image][quoted image]

I raise you the Hanson brothers from Slap Shot!

EE188694-9092-4372-9318-3B87EE2458C3 (resized).jpegEE188694-9092-4372-9318-3B87EE2458C3 (resized).jpeg
#14964 3 years ago

If John Wick is coming ?

Synthwave for audio track ?

Some of these beats are mad, with rad hardware pin will be next level..........

"Carefully handpicked synthwave, retrowave and cyberpunk songs to lift you up, make your blood boil and get you going so no one and nothing can stop you".

Miss Monique goes well too.
Makes audio fun..........

#14965 3 years ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

Below is a quick alphabetical list of the forty themes that keep coming up in this Forum (please shout out if any obvious ones are missing). To stir things up but hopefully not offend anyone, they are broken into three categories: 1) broad interest, cornerstone, can't miss themes; 2) themes with very passionate but not universal interest; 3) interesting themes, might play on location, might be tough to sell 3,000 to home users.
1-Back to the Future
2-Batman (again)
2-Beetle Juice
3-Big Trouble in Little China
2-Black Sabbath
3-Blade Runner
1-Bond
3-Cobra Kai/Karate Kid
3-Dragon Ball Z
3-Dune
3-Eagles
2-Foo Fighters
1-Godzilla
2-Godzilla vs King Kong
1-Goonies
1-Harry Potter
3-He-Man
2-Horror
2-Jaws
3-Jumanji
2-Justice League
2-LOTR VE
1-Mandolorian
1-Matrix
1-Mortal Combat
3-Pokemon
2-Pulp Fiction
1-Queen
2-Red Hot Chili Peppers
2-Rocky Horror
2-Scooby-Doo
3-Sponge Bob
1-Star Wars (a pin that matches the strength of the franchise)
3-Starship Troopers
2-The Who
2-Thing (John Carpenter)
2-Top Gun
1-Toy Story
2-Tron VE
2-Van Halen

Akira
Bill & Ted
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Sonic the Hedgehog
Super Mario
Avatar the Last Airbender/ Legend of Korra

#14966 3 years ago

AKIRA would be such a huge theme for me. The most impressive animated film of all time and PERFECT for pinball.

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Akira
Bill & Ted
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Sonic the Hedgehog
Super Mario
Avatar the Last Airbender/ Legend of Korra

36B9D03D-6938-482A-B1F3-8D9FB3A51D91 (resized).jpeg36B9D03D-6938-482A-B1F3-8D9FB3A51D91 (resized).jpeg
#14967 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

If John Wick is coming ?.

I’ve been saying John Wick for ages, seems like a complete no brainer, huge franchise now, box office returns are obviously very very good as the studio has plans for Wick 4 and 5 as well as 2 spin offs currently in the works.

Plus the action scenes from the films would make awesome modes! And you could actually use the lockdown bar as an integral part of the game, use it for reloading jackpots/flips and switching weapons/perks similar to channel switching on bm66.

And the layout doesn’t need to be an all new best layout ever (AIQ ticked that box) make it play and sound like ironman but on steroids, lots and lots of steroids.

#14968 3 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

...I would love me some ...Duke Nukem...

That's not a bad idea, could be a really fun pin. And plenty of video assets along with a ton of wise-arse and sarcastic callouts. With some old school Duke Nuken PF artwork - could be really a nice looking pin. Just as long as they don't turn it into a 'video game pin'. Maybe along the lines of DP.

It would have to be DN3D, not DN4ever.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#14969 3 years ago

But they are not BTTF

#14970 3 years ago

BTTF doesn’t really do it for me as theme but I totally understand why so many want it. I’m sure it’ll be made sooner than later.

Quoted from dc2010:

But they are not BTTF

#14971 3 years ago

Sure glad most of those themes are not what we will ever get from Stern, lol. (Pretty gloomy and even morbid negative themes imo)

#14972 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Sure glad most of those themes are not what we will ever get from Stern, lol. (Pretty gloomy and even morbid negative themes imo)

Unfortunately for you then, I heard the next Stern was Human Centipede. Sorry.

#14973 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Something we can all enjoy together.

#14974 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Jesus I might consider an LE for the first time ever

#14975 3 years ago

One can dream

Screenshot_20210321-231937_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210321-231937_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210321-230831_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210321-230831_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210321-231511_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210321-231511_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210321-231655_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210321-231655_Chrome (resized).jpg
#14976 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Thanks for nothing......until 10 minutes ago I was blissfully unaware of Human Centipede, now I can’t un-know it.

#14977 3 years ago

+1 for Futurama.

#14978 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Jesus I might consider an LE for the first time ever

As long as there is no tooth extraction and skin grafting included in the purchase plan.

#14979 3 years ago

For potential themes I'd add a lot of great TV shows, especially in recent years with the high level of funding and consequent 'golden age'. I know a lot of shows have been covered already, but the focus is still more on movies and music IMO, leaving a TV seam ready to be further mined..... Friends

FRIENDS! What a great suggestion. I would be on one of those in a heartbeat, and so many great callouts, episode themes, 6 characters etc... winner winner chicken dinner!

#14980 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Ah, very nice, What a perfect into to concerts, sweet !
Yeah we missed out on the big one !
Caught Waters at Brisbane "The Wall" was great.
But nothing as Epic as Pulse, Just fucking mind Blowing ![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Saw it in Quebec, when it was supposed to tour only in NA (and then they went all over the globe pfff ) was indeed very nice; espcially seeing it outdoor with the biggest stage ever.

#14981 3 years ago

How long ago was Zepplin announced? Godzilla vs Kong starts internationally on the 26th and here on 31st. It is a chance for Stern to get additional exposure, will they take it? The release pattern seems to be rumor of a sales meeting, meeting with dealers, and then announcement. Not too much time left if they want to do this.

#14982 3 years ago

Futurama and Harry Potter are probably my top 2 dream themes. I re watch futurama every damn year and continue to love it.

#14983 3 years ago

Fortnite? Would require lots of software updates though

#14984 3 years ago

If a video game theme would happen theres so many as well. Final Fantasy, Fallout, or Elder Scrolls would be tops for me. Bayonetta would be awesome but its niche.

#14985 3 years ago

There's certainly a lot of BTTF merchandise at Target these days. What with those goofy looking six inch action figures?
I think Mortal Kombat is on its way next.

#14986 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman66:

Motley Crue or a Van Halen pin would be a sweet add to the collection

Not from Stern. Look how they fucked up LZ. Its a generic pin with LZ pics on the PF and it plays their music. Do one like JJP did GnR and it would be awesome. I am not a JJP fanboy, as I have said before neither manufacturer is worth what they charge for their shit.

#14987 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Not from Stern. Look how they fucked up LZ. Its a generic pin with LZ pics on the PF and it plays their music.

So you haven't played it? Because this is way off the mark...

#14988 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Not from Stern. Look how they fucked up LZ. Its a generic pin with LZ pics on the PF and it plays their music. Do one like JJP did GnR and it would be awesome. I am not a JJP fanboy, as I have said before neither manufacturer is worth what they charge for their shit.

Or how great Iron Maiden and Metallica are?
Its just hit or miss. Also LZ LOOKS like shit but is a tried and true layout. A little uninspired but a nice shooter no doubt.

#14989 3 years ago

Zepp actually ended up being super fun!

#14990 3 years ago

when is the approx drop date of something new is it roughly every 3-4 months? feels like forever since something good came out from stern. GnR smashed it! they need to up their game or whats the consensus, sorry i only drop in here occassionally apologies for being out the loop.. keen to hear everyones opinions.

#14991 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Fortnite? Would require lots of software updates though

It'd be pretty damn cool to have to find the Loot Llama to start multiball. The more shots you hit, the better the weapon upgrade. Modes are map locations. Hell, lay it out like JP in the center play field.

Of course finally internet co op / vs. I'd work.

#14992 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Or how great Iron Maiden and Metallica are?
Its just hit or miss. Also LZ LOOKS like shit but is a tried and true layout. A little uninspired but a nice shooter no doubt.

Yes, IM is great and I dont like the band. Metallica is one of the best pins around. But, how long ago was that. Stern seems to be getting worse instead of better. As far as LZ, I have seen enough here that I wouldnt bother to play one if I saw one. IMO they did a great band a disservice.

#14993 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

There's certainly a lot of BTTF merchandise at Target these days. What with those goofy looking six inch action figures?
I think Mortal Kombat is on its way next.

Mortal Kombat would be easy to, take the foundations of Deadpool/AIQ with the battle Villian setup and your already half way to a winner!

Add in finishing blows but make them fatalities and it would work perfectly and feel very true to the source material.

Allow the player to pick a fighter like at the start of TMNT and it would also keep the game fresh for ages!

#14994 3 years ago

Big MK fan back in the day but do we really need another 2D fighting LCD situation? Getting old already.

#14995 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Big MK fan back in the day but do we really need another 2D fighting LCD situation? Getting old already.

Aslong as I can perform fatalities and rip out someone’s spine, freeze them and uppercut them to pieces I don’t think it would suffer from a similar setup, no difference really to any other pinball game where you start a mode or multiball it’s all kinda repetitive but add in all the cool MK stuff I can see you unboxing an LE already Law

#14996 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Aslong as I can perform fatalities and rip out someone’s spine, freeze them and uppercut them to pieces I don’t think it would suffer from a similar setup, no difference really to any other pinball game...

I understand the overall "modes are lit shots etc..." debate and whilst true, this would literally be just like Deadpool & AIQ. Fighting, health counter shots down to zero and finish him just like "finishing blow" on AIQ.

Hey, MK actually sounds much better than 97% of themes people are begging for, I just don't want the exact same thing every time. Like shitty rock band footage etc. Or like when Godzilla comes out and, guess what, he's fighting Mothra and there's a health counter and....

#14997 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

The Tick could be fun.

Dream theme for me (see my avatar). Loved this cartoon so much. And the comics are even better. I'm sure Edlund would grant them rights to all his comic backlog for a pin.

#14998 3 years ago

Where have you been dude? JP DP TMNT and EHOH are all stellar games. LZ and STH are the only real dumpers I can see.

Quoted from zr11990:

Yes, IM is great and I dont like the band. Metallica is one of the best pins around. But, how long ago was that. Stern seems to be getting worse instead of better. As far as LZ, I have seen enough here that I wouldnt bother to play one if I saw one. IMO they did a great band a disservice.

#14999 3 years ago

Im going to trust a random redditer that claimed a teaser is coming this friday and its BttF. If so Id get in line for an LE. Not my top theme but a real good one if done well.

#15000 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Or like when Godzilla comes out and, guess what, he's fighting Mothra and there's a health counter and....

Yeah this is my concern as well. The last thing I want to see on Godzilla is endless health meter battles on the LCD screen like DP & AIQ. Been there done that, and all too often lately. Hopefully they will try something new.

Let the player be Godzilla & then go on a character arc as the game progresses, from Destroyer of Worlds to becoming the Savior of Tokyo. Modes & multiballs first destroying Tokyo & fighting the Japanese military, then heading to monster island to defeat your rivals, then collect & join together to fight against the final threats from Outer Space. Or something like that. If Keith really is doing this game, then it's in good hands.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 16.50
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Glen Ellyn, IL
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 47,076 posts in this topic. You are on page 300 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/300?hl=thunderbird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.