maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
images (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_4963.gif
Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,998 posts in this topic. You are on page 298 of 940.
#14851 3 years ago

I am pretty sure Rush, Pink Floyd, Megadeth, and Slayer have also been brought up as music pins.

#14852 3 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

Can we add
MOVIES

4) The Warriors
5) Mad Max
8) The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
Add
Evilldead or army darkness

And I'll buy the whole lot of em

#14853 3 years ago

Would be cool to pair revised list of themes into a 64 line tournament and then run a bracket to find 32, sweet 16, 8, final 4, final and a winning theme. I mean if this list is complete, we should be able to determine 8 best themes for a pinball company to grab and use, right?

#14854 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

It would appear that you forgot to include Welk.

Oh, I did not forget!

#14855 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Would be cool to pair revised list of themes into a 64 line tournament and then run a bracket to find 32, sweet 16, 8, final 4, final and a winning theme. I mean if this list is complete, we should be able to determine 8 best themes for a pinball company to grab and use, right?

That would be a cool idea! Someone should ask AFM95 to do it. I believe he is the one running the March brackets right now.

#14856 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Being pinside i'm expecting some crazy theme like dr zhivago, specifically based on the musical not the film, will win top spot.

#14857 3 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:Because they know their business and it probably won't make enough money. It's an old game that quite frankly is not to the level of retro-ness like MM, AFM, or MB to get away with a re-release. There are plenty around to get HUO or used and the theme is not exactly universally loved (Avengers vs Tron, kids aren't going to flock to an old video game theme). A few dozen people on Pinside crying for it for the last 8 yrs is not going to make Stern say "f*ck, we will make a killing bringing back an old game with old technology". Take away all the junk, Xmas ornaments, and action figures people put on their Trons and the game is not unreasonably priced.
And yes, I'd love an 80's movie retheme of it

I agree with what you are saying and think at this point a VE is not in the making. With all the updated technology it surprises me to see how high Tron is valued at.

#14858 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Megadeth, and Slayer

While I love Megadeth and don't mind Slayer at all, I cannot see Stern or JJP making either. They might have enough fans for a boutique kind of pin, but neither are all that big in North America these days.

I'm not saying that North America should dictate what licenses should and shouldn't be pursued ... I'm merely stating that Stern seems to want a more global audience. While Megadeth and Slayer draw impressive crowds in Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America, their crowds in North America are a far cry from what they were back in the 80s/90s.

Metallica and Iron Maiden seem to be the only metal acts that can draw the big crowds in NA. Stern did them well.

Moreover, many players seem to prefer the more "traditional" soundtrack on BKSoR ... I think that tells you all you need to know about a non-mainstream heavy metal group as a theme for a pinball machine. Scott Ian's soundtrack is frigging awesome for those that love that sound. For those that aren't metal fans, they seem to dislike it enough to be discouraged from playing the game.

I think Pink Floyd has a shot at being immortalized in pinball form. Rush ... maybe.

#14859 3 years ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

Below is a quick alphabetical list of the forty themes that keep coming up in this Forum (please shout out if any obvious ones are missing). To stir things up but hopefully not offend anyone, they are broken into three categories: 1) broad interest, cornerstone, can't miss themes; 2) themes with very passionate but not universal interest; 3) interesting themes, might play on location, might be tough to sell 3,000 to home users.
1-Back to the Future
2-Batman (again)
2-Beetle Juice
3-Big Trouble in Little China
2-Black Sabbath
3-Blade Runner
1-Bond
3-Cobra Kai/Karate Kid
3-Dragon Ball Z
3-Dune
3-Eagles
2-Foo Fighters
1-Godzilla
2-Godzilla vs King Kong
1-Goonies
1-Harry Potter
3-He-Man
2-Horror
2-Jaws
3-Jumanji
2-Justice League
2-LOTR VE
1-Mandolorian
1-Matrix
1-Mortal Combat
3-Pokemon
2-Pulp Fiction
1-Queen
2-Red Hot Chili Peppers
2-Rocky Horror
2-Scooby-Doo
3-Sponge Bob
1-Star Wars (a pin that matches the strength of the franchise)
3-Starship Troopers
2-The Who
2-Thing (John Carpenter)
2-Top Gun
1-Toy Story
2-Tron VE
2-Van Halen

I'll buy 3k machines to get Big Trouble in Little China made! Lol

#14860 3 years ago

Mad Max and the Thunderdome could be an awesome pin!

#14861 3 years ago

I’ve got a Kaneda level prediction for all of you. The game is going to have at least two flippers. There will be a fun multiball and a less fun one that will help you earn points when stacked strategically. The theme is going to be perfect for some but others will hate it. The art is really cool but there will be plenty of things to nitpick. It’s a retro modern take on a classic but will appeal to everyone. Okay. Listen to my podcast. Thanks.

#14862 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Stern tried to make a Scooby-Doo pinball, but their plans were ruined by those meddling kids...

20210318_230805 (resized).png20210318_230805 (resized).png
#14863 3 years ago

Jimi Hendrix

#14864 3 years ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

Thank you and happy to make those tweaks on the next version. Are you making the same argument for Batman that I’m making for Star Wars?

Ehh, not really what I am saying but it would be nice. I think it's just a top tier theme that's why it keeps getting repeated. I would like to see another DC hero before another batman personally but thats no where near the top of the list for what I want to see next, way too much other stuff that needs to be done before that.

#14865 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

Maybe GOTG but when did that movie come out? Did the pin get released much later?

The pin came out 6 months after the sequel was released...does the game include Vol 2 audio/video?

Just seems too much for me that Stern has a whole bunch of knowledge aboit a Movie thst hasn't been released. Godzilla maybe because it wouldn't be based on the new movie

#14866 3 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

While I love Megadeth and don't mind Slayer at all, I cannot see Stern or JJP making either. They might have enough fans for a boutique kind of pin, but neither are all that big in North America these days.
I'm not saying that North America should dictate what licenses should and shouldn't be pursued ... I'm merely stating that Stern seems to want a more global audience. While Megadeth and Slayer draw impressive crowds in Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America, their crowds in North America are a far cry from what they were back in the 80s/90s.
Metallica and Iron Maiden seem to be the only metal acts that can draw the big crowds in NA. Stern did them well.
Moreover, many players seem to prefer the more "traditional" soundtrack on BKSoR ... I think that tells you all you need to know about a non-mainstream heavy metal group as a theme for a pinball machine. Scott Ian's soundtrack is frigging awesome for those that love that sound. For those that aren't metal fans, they seem to dislike it enough to be discouraged from playing the game.
I think Pink Floyd has a shot at being immortalized in pinball form. Rush ... maybe.

I love Motörhead and the Scorpions and know pin will not happen or expect it too. But I can see Ozzy or Black Sabbath at some point overall would see globally. Hopefully in the future one day a general pin is made where we can add our own graphics or band on a layout.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14867 3 years ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

Below is a quick alphabetical list of the forty themes that keep coming up in this Forum (please shout out if any obvious ones are missing). To stir things up but hopefully not offend anyone, they are broken into three categories: 1) broad interest, cornerstone, can't miss themes; 2) themes with very passionate but not universal interest; 3) interesting themes, might play on location, might be tough to sell 3,000 to home users.
1-Back to the Future
2-Batman (again)
2-Beetle Juice
2-Black Sabbath
3-Blade Runner
1-Bond
3-Cobra Kai/Karate Kid
3-Dragon Ball Z
3-Dune
3-Eagles
2-Foo Fighters
1-Godzilla
2-Godzilla vs King Kong
1-Goonies
1-Harry Potter
3-He-Man
2-Horror
2-Jaws
3-Jumanji
2-Justice League
2-LOTR VE
1-Mandolorian
1-Matrix
1-Mortal Combat
3-Pokemon
2-Pulp Fiction
1-Queen
2-Red Hot Chili Peppers
2-Rocky Horror
2-Scooby-Doo
3-Sponge Bob
3-Starship Troopers
2-The Who
2-Thing (John Carpenter)
2-Top Gun
1-Toy Story
2-Tron VE
2-Van Halen

Ah c'mon man,
You forgot Megadeth !
KME's 2nd music pin, ooh yeah !
md (resized).JPGmd (resized).JPG

Edit, my dumbass for got Maiden !, Doh !

#14868 3 years ago

Foo Fighters? Don't know has it been suggested yet but that would work as it's in it's peak - huge fanbase. And band/music is good and pretty mainstream, both in US and EUR.

#14869 3 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

Kaneda said on his podcast the rumor is it’s contemporary and very geeky.

The Big Bang Theory?

#14870 3 years ago

Man, Stern Megadeth should be on the cards, I can understand Slayer not quite making the numbers , but wow what an awesome pin Slayer could be, especially if you get band co-operation to a level somewhere close to what Slash did with GnR, KK is known to be a pinhead.
Pink floyd is a no brainer, but Waters would probably make it too hard.
I wonder what the magic # is to make a pin viable ? Megadeth done right would surly sell at least a thousand.
For now though thinking Queen will be the next Music pin from Stern Pinball.

#14871 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Pink floyd is a no brainer, but Waters would probably make it too hard.

Floyd would be awesome but yeah Wodger would be a PITA about it i reckon. He loves banging on about being anti capitalist but obviously didn't mind the idea of flogging off merch at his concerts at reasonably exorbitant prices Mega Multiball to the song "Young Lust" ooooooooohhhhhhhh i need a dirty woman!!!
Queen would make a great music pin too i must admit.

#14872 3 years ago

Yeah, I did a refresh on The Walls "Young Lust" just now and tripped out there is a Stern Lightning Pin around the 2:30 mark, looks like a nice example too haha, gold

#14873 3 years ago

Pink Floyd Pulse
Possibly THE Greatest concert of all time !
Don't watch it on your phone or laptop,
Cast it to your big Screen and Crank it up !

#14874 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Possibly THE Greatest concert of all time

Shame they never toured that one to Oz but i did get to see the Momentary lapse of reason tour in 88' (sans Roger) which was my first ever concert. That was a whole night of fkn awesomeness!!!

#14875 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Shame they never toured that one to Oz but i did get to see the Momentary lapse of reason tour in 88' (sans Roger) which was my first ever concert. That was a whole night of fkn awesomeness!!!

Ah, very nice, What a perfect into to concerts, sweet !
Yeah we missed out on the big one !

Caught Waters at Brisbane "The Wall" was great.
But nothing as Epic as Pulse, Just fucking mind Blowing !

W1 (resized).jpgW1 (resized).jpgW2 (resized).jpgW2 (resized).jpgW3 (resized).jpgW3 (resized).jpg
#14876 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The pin came out 6 months after the sequel was released...does the game include Vol 2 audio/video?
Just seems too much for me that Stern has a whole bunch of knowledge aboit a Movie thst hasn't been released.

Depending upon the licensing deal, you can definitely get access to internal knowledge of stuff. I was involved in developing a video game based on Star Trek : Generations, and went to Paramount Studios to read an early draft of the script. They were pretty paranoid about info getting out - especially the fact that Kirk dies and the Enterprise-D gets destroyed - but we certainly had access to stuff early.

Unfortunately, some of the best stuff in that early script got cut later on.

#14877 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just seems too much for me that Stern has a whole bunch of knowledge aboit a Movie thst hasn't been released. Godzilla maybe because it wouldn't be based on the new movie

Never played it but I don't think it has any material from the second movie release so no there. Geez only one I can think of now was Stern's POTC based on Dead Mans Chest.

#14878 3 years ago

Pumped about the positive response! Let's keep this as a working list and want to emphasize everyone's input. Rush and Pink Floyd have been added as 2s (how the heck did I miss those). Megadeth and Fortnite as 3s. Tweaked Batman, Jumanji, Beetle Juice and Red Hot Chili Peppers but left Godzilla alone as it seems to have a LOT of interest (even if not my thing). James Bond and Foo Fighters are already on there folks.

Love the suggestions of Slayer, Beavis & Butthead, Little Shop of Horrors, Blues Brothers, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, The Warriors, Mad Max, Kill Bill, Running Man, The Good Bad and Ugly, Men in Black, The Clash, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix and Big Bang Theory, but there hasn't been much mention of any of these recently. Let's wait and see if any of them gain traction before adding. And to dispel any thoughts of bias, The Doors and The Good Bad and Ugly would be LE preorder for me.

1-Back to the Future
1-Batman (again)
3-Beetle Juice
2-Black Sabbath
3-Blade Runner
1-Bond
3-Cobra Kai/Karate Kid
3-Dragon Ball Z
3-Dune
3-Eagles
2-Foo Fighters
2-Fortnite
1-Godzilla
2-Godzilla vs King Kong
1-Goonies
1-Harry Potter
3-He-Man
2-Horror
2-Jaws
2-Jumanji
2-Justice League
2-LOTR VE
1-Mandolorian
1-Matrix
3-Megadeath
1-Mortal Combat
2-Pink Floyd
3-Pokemon
2-Pulp Fiction
1-Queen
3-Red Hot Chili Peppers
2-Rocky Horror
2-Rush
2-Scooby-Doo
3-Sponge Bob
3-Starship Troopers
2-The Who
2-Thing (John Carpenter)
2-Top Gun
1-Toy Story
2-Tron VE
2-Van Halen

#14879 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

I'll buy 3k machines to get Big Trouble in Little China made! Lol

That is awesome! If you are ready to write a $30mm check ping me on the side and I'll give you Gary's number. I am sure BTILC will be the next pin off the line.

#14880 3 years ago

212 new posts surely a new tease, disappointingly not

#14881 3 years ago

You may be cool, but you'll never be shirtless David Gilmour rocking an epic solo in a Roman amphitheatre cool!

#14882 3 years ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

Pumped about the positive response! Let's keep this as a working list and want to emphasize everyone's input. Rush and Pink Floyd have been added as 2s (how the heck did I miss those). Megadeth and Fortnite as 3s. Tweaked Batman, Jumanji, Beetle Juice and Red Hot Chili Peppers but left Godzilla alone as it seems to have a LOT of interest (even if not my thing). James Bond and Foo Fighters are already on there folks.
Love the suggestions of Slayer, Beavis & Butthead, Little Shop of Horrors, Blues Brothers, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, The Warriors, Mad Max, Kill Bill, Running Man, The Good Bad and Ugly, Men in Black, The Clash, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix and Big Bang Theory, but there hasn't been much mention of any of these recently. Let's wait and see if any of them gain traction before adding. And to dispel any thoughts of bias, The Doors and The Good Bad and Ugly would be LE preorder for me.
1-Back to the Future
1-Batman (again)
3-Beetle Juice
2-Black Sabbath
3-Blade Runner
1-Bond
3-Cobra Kai/Karate Kid
3-Dragon Ball Z
3-Dune
3-Eagles
2-Foo Fighters
2-Fortnite
1-Godzilla
2-Godzilla vs King Kong
1-Goonies
1-Harry Potter
3-He-Man
2-Horror
2-Jaws
2-Jumanji
2-Justice League
2-LOTR VE
1-Mandolorian
1-Matrix
3-Megadeath
1-Mortal Combat
2-Pink Floyd
3-Pokemon
2-Pulp Fiction
1-Queen
3-Red Hot Chili Peppers
2-Rocky Horror
2-Rush
2-Scooby-Doo
3-Sponge Bob
3-Starship Troopers
2-The Who
2-Thing (John Carpenter)
2-Top Gun
1-Toy Story
2-Tron VE
2-Van Halen

Jonny Quest man! Jonny Quest!
Incredibles
Space Balls

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14883 3 years ago

While I love Megadeth and don't mind Slayer at all, I cannot see Stern or JJP making either.

Why not, Stern made Primus.

#14884 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Depending upon the licensing deal, you can definitely get access to internal knowledge of stuff...

Oh of course you could...I'm just doubting Stern can/has done it. I'm also betting shit is way tighter now-a-days.

Quoted from mbeardsley:

....- especially the fact that Kirk dies and the Enterprise-D gets destroyed.....

Well thanks dude, there goes my fucking weekend plans!

Quoted from FalconDriver:

Never played it but I don't think it has any material from the second movie release so no there. Geez only one I can think of now was Stern's POTC based on Dead Mans Chest.

So looks like Spidermande` 3 was released in May 2007 and the pinball using shit from it in June 2007.
Tron came out 6 months after so that's pretty quick

So yeah, I only bring this up becasue people act like it happens all the time when I just don't think it really doesn't.

#14885 3 years ago

Megadeth Premium with this as translite/cab art? I’d be all all over it:

F33C9125-BDC1-470D-A99B-E50489E62FA3 (resized).jpegF33C9125-BDC1-470D-A99B-E50489E62FA3 (resized).jpeg
#14886 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

And everyone was happy with that one

#14887 3 years ago

Little Nightmares

90E32897-9D1E-4196-A27A-D3F9075DE582 (resized).jpeg90E32897-9D1E-4196-A27A-D3F9075DE582 (resized).jpeg
#14888 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Little Nightmares
[quoted image]

Great game. I'm in the middle of the second one, but trying to get through the asylum makes it so infuriating you want to break your TV. I don't mind a challenge, but that game is so challenging in that one spot it's almost broken. Might have to punt on it.

Would never be a pin, though.

#14889 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Little Nightmares
[quoted image]

I dont know what that is, but it looks creepy....so I'm in.

#14890 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Great game. I'm in the middle of the second one, but trying to get through the asylum makes it so infuriating you want to break your TV. I don't mind a challenge, but that game is so challenging in that one spot it's almost broken. Might have to punt on it.
Would never be a pin, though.

Definitely won’t be a pin. But man, that game oozes creepy vibes. Especially the sequel. If you really get stuck and want help, you can watch the play-through on YouTube I think. Just Google it. If you get totally stuck.

#14891 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Isnt that a case of Primus paying Stern to run them? Like Heavy Metal did?
Also, Primus lol.

#14892 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well thanks dude, there goes my fucking weekend plans!

Well, if your plans were to watch Star Trek : Generations, your weekend was going to suck anyway...

#14893 3 years ago

Information about something being on Eddy's desk that they hid with an emoji. Could point to he is next on the list for a reveal.

Screenshot_20210319-125700_Yahoo Mail.jpgScreenshot_20210319-125700_Yahoo Mail.jpg
#14894 3 years ago

Stern teases like crap.
What is this? A new vagina monster?

Screenshot_20210319-135825_Gmail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210319-135825_Gmail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210319-135936_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210319-135936_Chrome (resized).jpg
#14895 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Stern teases like crap.
What is this? A new vagina monster?
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's what I see

#14896 3 years ago

I'm at a loss for what it is...

Upsdide (resized).pngUpsdide (resized).png
#14897 3 years ago

It's the Stranger Things topper

#14898 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Oh I see the demogorgon

#14899 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Lame

#14900 3 years ago

Don't rush toppers! Give the theme 16 months to marinate.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

5,699 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,059.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

11,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monclova, OH
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 46,998 posts in this topic. You are on page 298 of 940.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/298?hl=utesichiban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.