Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 295 of 938.
#14701 3 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Godzilla would be a terrible idea for a game, but Stern have produced some batshit crazy games that no one asked for, so who the hell knows what's coming next.
I did suggest an F-14 tomcat sequel to coincide with the new Top Gun movie a few years back. Which would be the perfect choice right now. No licenseing BS so cheap and designed with unlimited creative freedom.

You make a joke about Stern producing batshit crazy games and then go on to suggest one!

#14702 3 years ago

For what it's worth Kaneda has said the next Stern pin is a Brian Eddy machine, has Zombie Yeti art, is a modern theme (not 80s or 90s throwback), and is due out in a few weeks.

#14703 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

For what it's worth Kaneda has said the next Stern pin is a Brian Eddy machine, has Zombie Yeti art, is a modern theme (not 80s or 90s throwback), and is due out in a few weeks.

Modern theme.... Mandolorian?, that would be great.

#14704 3 years ago

Interesting to see what Eddy would put together for his next pin especially with Zombie art. I haven't played Stranger Things yet but anxious to see whats next for him.

#14705 3 years ago

Have to think it may be James Bond.

#14706 3 years ago

Probably the new Godzilla movie, hope not

#14707 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Sounds possible.

Modern theme? Check, I guess
Brian Eddy? Okie dokie.
Zombi Yeti? Excellent.

That's the rumor at least.

#14708 3 years ago

...standing by to watch Eddy phone it in again with another uninspired fan layout. I hope he doesn’t get classic Godzilla. OR...I hope that he actually DESIGNS something this time around.

#14709 3 years ago

Eddy will knock it out of the park next time. Probably spent too much time on things like projectors and UV lighting last time as well as figuring out how to work in the Stern system and cornerstone models. I'd gladly take another well-designed game like The Shadow.

#14710 3 years ago

You guys are smoking cow pies. Stranger Things is awesome and I haven't stopped playing it since I got it 14 months ago. It's AFM on steroids and fun as hell.

#14711 3 years ago
Quoted from Boblabla:

I just ordered DP. So, I hope it’s not BTTF. I need BTTF to be in the fall. However, I will be buying BTTF whenever it comes out.

Wow, this is a perfect definition of "high-quality problem."

Quoted from beelzeboob:

You guys are smoking cow pies. Stranger Things is awesome and I haven't stopped playing it since I got it 14 months ago. It's AFM on steroids and fun as hell.

Hearing this more and more. With the evolved code and assets and UV lighting - and projector on the Prem/LE - it's probably so far above a lot of first impressions - but it will catch up. Maybe re-running as a vault if there's a Stranger Things movie release down the road?

#14712 3 years ago

Hoping this is just a curveball thrown to confuse the PinWorld and BTTF is next!

#14713 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Truth. I'm looking for one to add to my collection (of one, but still..). Very addictive game.

#14714 3 years ago

#14715 3 years ago
Quoted from Pincrazy:

Hoping this is just a curveball thrown to confuse the PinWorld and BTTF is next!

I'd up vote this 1000 times if I could

#14716 3 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

I'd up vote this 1000 times if I could

Maybe if you go back in time you can upvote again!

#14717 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Maybe if you go back in time you can upvote again!

Touche

#14718 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I agree it is amazing, but too bad if you buy a premium you're pretty much f'ed in the a when it comes to the lock and the demogorgon. I spent so much time tinkering that I ended up hating it. Two main features have major design flaws, what a damn shame cause the shots and rules are incredible.

#14719 3 years ago

I was lucky and had everything working great out the box.
I’m about to install the new ramp plastic, heard it helps with the TK lock.
This game is too good to dog,
( not if you spent 10+ hrs dialing)

Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

I agree it is amazing, but too bad if you buy a premium you're pretty much f'ed in the a when it comes to the lock and the demogorgon. I spent so much time tinkering that I ended up hating it. Two main features have major design flaws, what a damn shame cause the shots and rules are incredible.

#14720 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Thought the lock was a code issue.. and on the demogorgan ball def gets stuck underneath to plyers left near a gate but there has got to be a fix, right?

#14721 3 years ago

STH is both an unimpressive reskin of old Eddy fan layouts AND plagued with numerous design flaws. Sounds sick, I’ll take 2 haha

#14722 3 years ago

Crack smokin haters! I have 4 great pins and Sth (pro) gets the most play by me and every member of my family.

#14723 3 years ago

Your family is not a terrific barometer of how successful the general design and gameplay of a pinball machine is...but I’m glad they like it! I mean...I’d wack on it too if it were around but...I’m not about to buy it.

Quoted from Purdue:

Crack smokin haters! I have 4 great pins and Sth (pro) gets the most play by me and every member of my family.

#14724 3 years ago

The new Godzilla/King Kong movies suck and are rated terrible so, I hope it’s not Godzilla.

Jaws hasn’t been a thing in years. Sharknado would probably sell better as it more relatable to modern times.

BTTF transcends really well and is popular with all ages.

Alien is already being done.

So, BTTF it is!

#14725 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

+1...for what beelzeboob said.

#14726 3 years ago

The US Godzilla movies do suck and this new one will likely be no different...BUT...Stern has the Toho Japan license which would allow them access to classic showa and Heisei era Godzilla footage which would be fucking R A D.

Quoted from Boblabla:

The new Godzilla/King Kong movies suck and are rated terrible so, I hope it’s not Godzilla.
Jaws hasn’t been a thing in years. Sharknado would probably sell better as it more relatable to modern times.
So, BTTF it is!

#14727 3 years ago

What are the chances we see something from stern tomorrow?

Also i agree stranger things keeps getting better and better! If you disagree give it another shot with an open mind you will be impressed.

#14728 3 years ago

Word is announcement pushed back till April so Stern can crank out some backlogged orders.

Quoted from V8haha:

Also i agree stranger things keeps getting better and better! If you disagree give it another shot with an open mind you will be impressed.

#14729 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

give it another shot with an open mind

This is where you lost a bunch of Pinsiders.

#14730 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

STH has gotten much better.

#14731 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Word is announcement pushed back till April so Stern can crank out some backlogged orders.

Yeah I'd love to receive my pin that I paid for back in August. That would be swell.

#14732 3 years ago

Let me guess...EHOH?

Quoted from crujones4life:

Yeah I'd love to receive my pin that I paid for back in August. That would be swell.

#14733 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Let me guess...EHOH?

SW Pro. I'd love an EHOH too but can't swing it.

#14734 3 years ago

SW Pro. I'd love an EHOH but can't swing it.

I see you post this often so you got me wondering who your distributor is? Hopefully who ever it is gets you your game ASAP because my distributor has comic and OG pros in stock.

#14735 3 years ago

That’s bizarre that you’ve been waiting that long for a SW pro. I’d get your money back and take your business elsewhere. Lots of distributors have that in stock right now.

#14736 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Extremely low. They have been doing Friday teases before Tuesday reveals lately.

#14737 3 years ago

My distro is local and we have already done a few deals (I've sold him some games and brought him some business). I want to build a solid relationship with him. He is a super cool guy. I know he will take care of me and any issues I might have should they arise (hopefully not). I know it will be worth the wait when it finally arrives. My 1st NIB!

#14738 3 years ago
Quoted from Boblabla:

So, BTTF it is!

Keith Elwin allegedly is doing Godzilla...

I’d love to see Beavis and Butthead since they are bringing the show back and with a movie. Cobra Kai could also be interesting. I’d love to see BTTF too!

#14739 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's AFM on steroids

Keep it clean, let’s not accuse AFM of doping!

#14740 3 years ago

Distro in Europe said end April New machine.
And no extra 25%.

#14741 3 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

I was born in 1969 and JAWS is too old for me. Never seen it.

My first downvote in almost 2000 posts must have touched a nerve

(Also from a NOOB!).

#14742 3 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

My first downvote in almost 2000 posts must have touched a nerve
(Also from a NOOB!).

Personal preference. Jaws for me has potential but not that fussed, back to the future I really couldn’t give a crap about but I never really liked the movie, even though I was born in 81.
But I know a lot of people want these licenses and I hope they get their wish.
I know what it’s like to lust after a theme for years, I’ve wanted Goonies/Big Trouble in Little China/Little Shop Of Horrors ever since I got into the hobby 12 years ago.
Until that day comes, I wait patiently and my money stays in the bank.
Hopefully one day we’ll all get the themes we want, there’s enough companies churning out machines now days.
I wouldn’t down vote anyone for not wanting a theme I wanted.

#14743 3 years ago
Crisis.jpgCrisis.jpg
#14744 3 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

[quoted image]

We would love it but he JUST came out with Avengers, it's unlikely.

#14745 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

If you can’t see the possibilities with a Godzilla pin I don’t know what to say.

#14746 3 years ago

Your still waiting for a SW pro since August?? I will be waiting less time for my EHOH if it ships in April, hell even if it ships in July. That sucks. I would get your money back and find a nice used one and save some money.

#14747 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Modern theme.... Mandolorian?, that would be great.

I would not expect much unfortunately from that license at all. Expensive license and probably won’t get much assets to use. And since Star Wars still being made and sold I wouldn’t expect another SW pin.

#14748 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

If you can’t see the possibilities with a Godzilla pin I don’t know what to say.

I can’t, I’ve never seen the new movie. Did you get a sneak peak?

#14749 3 years ago

Godzilla has been around since 1954...forget about the new movie.

Quoted from Happy81724:

I can’t, I’ve never seen the new movie. Did you get a sneak peak?

#14750 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Godzilla has been around since 1954...forget about the new movie.

That was my point to my original post...I hope it’s not based off the new movie.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 295 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/295?hl=otto110 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.