20240423_100836 (resized).jpg
20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,077 posts in this topic. You are on page 294 of 942.
#14651 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

3lvira turned out awesome, I loved ours from day 1... playfield is good. The hype around playfield issues has never stopped us from buying NIB.
if Kaminkow designs BTTF I want to see it first.. I would prefer a proper pinball machine designer than a blow in.
I do think KME and Godzilla is next. Looking forward to a teaser soon after Easter. Rumour is game release last week of April.

Joe Kaminkow
Has a very respectable background mate
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/joe-kaminkow

Playfield issues are a real problem and needs to be stopped now, I don't want to spend 14k + aussie on a shit playfield, The most important part of the game IMO.

#14652 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Joe Kaminkow
Has a very respectable background mate
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/joe-kaminkow
Playfield issues are a real problem and needs to be stopped now, I don't want to spend 14k + aussie on a shit playfield, The most important part of the game IMO.

Thanks for the info on Joe.

I think Stern are past their issues and hopefully JJP are too. If you have a good distro they help you through your issues. It is heartbreaking when you get a shitty playfield, I guarantee you that but all our issues have always been resolved. Patience is key. I will not let a bit of pooling or a chip stop me from enjoying some of the best games ever made.

#14653 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Kaminkow designs BTTF I want to see it first.. I would prefer a proper pinball machine designer than a blow in.

Starship Troopers is not bad. Question is, if it’s Kaminkow and Sheats, do you buy sight unseen?

#14654 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Starship Troopers is not bad. Question is, if it’s Kaminkow and Sheats, do you buy sight unseen?

Yes, we would. We have done it many times and Sheats is my favourite coder and rules designer. We can sell the game later if we do not love it.

Lyman and Elwin all the way for us. I have been thinking and If Elwin is on Godzilla we will probably be in even though we do not like the theme.

#14655 3 years ago

Frankly I'd prefer it not be Joe K

#14656 3 years ago

Sorry, what is KME?

#14657 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Sorry, what is KME?

Keith Elwin.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14658 3 years ago

Thanks.
Is there a chance KE works with Lyman?

#14659 3 years ago

Thanks.

Pleasure!

I do not think so. Keith so far has made up his own rules and gets coders like Rick Neagle to do the code.

#14660 3 years ago

Thanks.

Would be a waste of talent! Elwin makes up his own rules with his designs and Lyman is a rules and coding master, wouldn’t make sense having them both on the same game.

#14661 3 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

Frankly I'd prefer it not be Joe K

If you are referring to BttF ? Joe K is the one that can deliver the licence required to make the project.
Hoping the Roger Sharpe is helping with assets ? as to be a smash hit... BttF will need the full gamut of assets.

#14662 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

If you are referring to BttF ? Joe K is the one that can deliver the licence required to make the project.
Hoping the Roger Sharpe is helping with assets ? as to be a smash hit... BttF will need the full gamut of assets.

Joe K was on the first BTTF team...

Of course we want full assets, but it'll sell regardless

#14663 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Would be a waste of talent! Elwin makes up his own rules with his designs and Lyman is a rules and coding master, wouldn’t make sense having them both on the same game.

I understand...just a bit disanchanted Lyman works lately on games with basic layout design (B66, elvira..). Still waiting for the successor of TWD.

#14664 3 years ago

I understand...just a bit disanchanted Lyman works lately on games with basic layout design (B66, elvira..). Still waiting for the successor of TWD.

You know everyone hated TWD layout when it was first released there was complaints about the ramps, the orbit feeds etc, it was the code that made TWD great not the layout.

TWD is another Borg layout that’s very good but just misses out on being great.

#14665 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

You know everyone hated TWD layout when it was first released there was complaints about the ramps, the orbit feeds etc, it was the code that made TWD great not the layout.

I don’t think so. Layout is great. But yes the code is awesome at the end. Both makes TWD a great pin, the best in my book.
Anyway, Just don’t like game with all stuff at the top of the playfield, looking for more creative.

#14666 3 years ago

I think the next Kapow game whenever it’s released will be Bond (Brian Eddy design, Lyman Sheats code)
Chris Franchi said on the super awesome pinball show that Joe Kaminkow commissioned him to do some work on a real life Bond car project. Joe bought an Aston Martin and was kitting it out as a real life Bond car.
The guy is obviously a huge Bond fan, it’ll happen.
Fingers crossed, can’t wait!

#14667 3 years ago

So, is the general feel that Godzilla is imminent to be released or is it another game like BTTF? What are the most popular rumors?

#14668 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Fingers crossed but would they release a Matrix pin before the new movie comes out ? I thought I saw Matrix slated for later this year .

Probably not, but I would still want it mostly themed from the first movie (I've you could add the highway chase scene in from the second movie, I'd be down for that too).

#14669 3 years ago

Whatever it is I hope it's revealed soon so I can decide on what I'm going to do! Lol

#14670 3 years ago

DC justice League Pin. This makes more sense then Mandolorian. Disney is a pain in the ass and no way they let Zombie Yeti cartoonify there Star Wars properties.

#14671 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Added 3 more:
Carnal knowledge of a women this time. > Video mode and sing along (add a mic).
Fist pump motorcycle video mode (press both flippers as fast as you can to race your bike, while pressing the action button when you can to fist pump).
Landing on the aircraft carrier video mode (use the one from NES video game, that was impossible to land). Use flipper buttons to move left and right and the action button to pull up when about to land.

Just stop it. These are all excellent ideas, of which Stern will use none. They’ll come up with some lame shit like “volleyball match” and Ice/Maverick ready-room stare down and spell “Top Gun” for Top Gun MB where you again spell Top Gun to light SJP which is collected at a fighter jet bash toy that does nothing.

#14672 3 years ago

Also Zombie Yeti art would not gel with Mando TV show clips.

#14673 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:T-H-E M-A-T-R-I-X PLEASE!

Such a no brainer. Which is why it’ll never happen. At Stern anyway. But hey, how about Godzilla!

#14674 3 years ago

Godzilla or Bond - pass initially, but if it's Brian Eddy or Lyman I'll have to think real hard about it.

BTTF - sight unseen pre-order regardless of who is doing it.

No way KME is doing the next one that would be the quickest turnaround ever unless somehow he was able to work on two at the same time, which you would think impacts the design/coding process.

#14675 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Godzilla or Bond - pass initially, but if it's Brian Eddy or Lyman I'll have to think real hard about it.
BTTF - sight unseen pre-order regardless of who is doing it.
No way KME is doing the next one that would be the quickest turnaround ever unless somehow he was able to work on two at the same time, which you would think impacts the design/coding process.

Pretty sure on a podcast about AIQ Keith said he’s just putting the finishing touches on game #4, the guys a creative genius when it comes to layouts.

#14676 3 years ago
909520DC-F392-4782-90D4-A01D18A760C8 (resized).jpeg909520DC-F392-4782-90D4-A01D18A760C8 (resized).jpeg
#14677 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Pretty sure on a podcast about AIQ Keith said he’s just putting the finishing touches on game #4, the guys a creative genius when it comes to layouts.

I don't deny he is a creative genius I've owned 2/3 of his games, lol. Just saying AIQ came out in September and with a potential spring reveal that is less than a year between games where he designs/creates rules. He has to be dovetailing harder than I did in College, lol!

#14678 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:Pleasure!
I do not think so. Keith so far has made up his own rules and gets coders like Rick Neagle to do the code.

I think RayDay is on KMEs games.

#14679 3 years ago

So the rumor now is Eddy gets the next title with a contemporary theme, possibly Mandolorian and Elwin is working on Godzilla to be released at a later date.

I guess we will probably find out in the next couple weeks.

#14680 3 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

So the rumor now is Eddy gets the next title with a contemporary theme, possibly Mandolorian and Elwin is working on Godzilla to be released at a later date.
I guess we will probably find out in the next couple weeks.

Wha....? Whadabout BTTF?

#14681 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Wha....? Whadabout BTTF?

Might be getting a DC Universe pin. Yuck.

#14682 3 years ago

How about , “Patriot” . John Williams score, great story.

#14683 3 years ago

Barf. Mel Gibson is scum.

Quoted from Budman:

How about , “Patriot” . John Williams score, great story.

#14684 3 years ago

I would like to see a Space X theme.

66081DC9-532F-45FD-8105-59AD85E42BE2 (resized).jpeg66081DC9-532F-45FD-8105-59AD85E42BE2 (resized).jpeg Added over 3 years ago:

I am surprised for the dislike of Space X. Who would have guessed I would double my downvotes with this post. To each their own I guess.

#14685 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I would like to see a Space X theme.
[quoted image]

Huge pass

#14686 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I think RayDay is on KMEs games.

I am not sure about that but I do know Rick has been on all 3 KME games so far. I like his style of coding.

#14687 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Not everyone, one a few noisy Pinsiders who you probably should not listen to anyway. Game rocks. We have had ours since it came out and still love it today. I think it is one of Borgs greatest creations and Lyman made the game a top 10.

#14688 3 years ago

(edited)

#14689 3 years ago

I don’t know the man personally so cannot make a judgement. I simply like some of his movies.

#14690 3 years ago

I didn’t realize so many people dislike Space X. Lol.

#14691 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Guessing these 8 people have no clue that Mel Gibson is a rampant Anti-Semite
(or don’t care)
Anyway...PINBALL
[quoted image]

So anyone that likes his movies are also? Get out with that.

#14692 3 years ago

David Hasselhoff eats hamburgers off the kitchen floor, who am I to judge? (I disliked his performance in every movie he’s made, but his tv series work is ok). If we got a Bay Watch vault, it better feature the Hoff on every side of the cabinet, backbox, translite, all playfield toys and at least 5 times on the playfield.

But as poor a movie actor Hoff is, he is in a neck and neck race with Mel Gibson’s performances, but why form an opinion? (Braveheart is probably his best role and I can’t think of any his other movies he didn’t flub up). So would a I buy a Braveheart pinball machine in spite of Gibson’s belief system? Don’t see why not if the pin was well done?

#14693 3 years ago

Hear 2 more Easter eggs in most recent Pinball show podcast. Topguns over at Stern and Maverick mentioned. Thats a few shows in a row with hints related to TopGun from Zack Meny.

#14694 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I didn’t realize so many people dislike Space X. Lol.

Depends whether they can put the right twist on it ? Thinking modern 2031 a space x odyssey.
Screenshot_20210315-065844_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210315-065844_Chrome (resized).jpg

#14695 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Hear 2 more Easter eggs in most recent Pinball show podcast. Topguns over at Stern and Maverick mentioned. Thats a few shows in a row with hints related to TopGun from Zack Meny.

Can see a revisited F14 into a TopGun by Ritchie.

#14696 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Guessing these 8 people have no clue that Mel Gibson is a rampant Anti-Semite
(or don’t care)
Anyway...PINBALL
[quoted image]

As are all "Leftist" whats your point.

#14697 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

Can see a revisited F14 into a TopGun by Ritchie.

Take a mix of AirBourne and F14 TomCat. Could be fun and imagine all that angry steel going on.

#14698 3 years ago

Godzilla vs Kong is being released Mar 31 so would all the Godzilla hype be centered around this movie release? I would think May for pin release if it is based on this. But hopefully if based on the classic Godzilla that all are dreaming for I’m praying Elwin will have this.

#14699 3 years ago

Sorr but I’m on the (wait another month) crew.If its Team KME on GZvK I need some time or something will perish .Not ready to do anything with what I got left .

#14700 3 years ago

Godzilla would be a terrible idea for a game, but Stern have produced some batshit crazy games that no one asked for, so who the hell knows what's coming next.

I did suggest an F-14 tomcat sequel to coincide with the new Top Gun movie a few years back. Which would be the perfect choice right now. No licenseing BS so cheap and designed with unlimited creative freedom.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 12.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 16.50
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 47,077 posts in this topic. You are on page 294 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/294?hl=hypercoaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.