enjoy your balls.gif
balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 292 of 923.
#14551 3 years ago

Rocky Horror is totally lost on me:

- It's a musical.
- I was 4.
- It was shown at midnight, which was way past my bedtime.
- Today, it's shown way past my bedtime again.

#14552 3 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

Would be cool if they did Jaws in a way that the player/pinball was the shark and you had to go around eating people for jackpots.

That’s a neat idea reminds me of Jaws unleashed which is essentially what happens in the PS2 game you are Bruce / JAWS.

But personally I’d like to see you rotating between characters Chief Brody, Hooper, Quint with modes to complete ultimately getting to a type of shot like No Good Goofers instead of a hole in one shot it’s the final “smile you son of a bitch” shot animation on LCD shark explodes while (disappears under playfield or behind backbox) , shaker simultaneously rumbles, LED flashing lights & all lights completely shut off momentarily to hide the shark mechanics as it disappears. After the lighting comes back on its mainly all Red / blue representing the blood and swimming back to shore.

0BA3C873-8E3A-4DAA-ABE9-585AF7895205 (resized).jpeg0BA3C873-8E3A-4DAA-ABE9-585AF7895205 (resized).jpeg
#14553 3 years ago

My bet is on Bond or Jaws next

#14554 3 years ago

I hope they get all content for what ever is next. A lot of the time what takes these sterns to the next level is enthusiasts putting real content in the pin like JP and GOTG

#14555 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Id like to have a OG BK. I wouldnt say its the best of the 3 by any means with no depth to code but id like it to have a piece of history. Honestly if i wanted a split level id rather have Pharaoh, Grand Lizard, Solar Fire, or Jungle Lord though.
Back on topic. Godzilla, Top Gun, Bond, and Queen coming this year.

Bond and Top Gun would be very difficult for me to pass on. I'll be happy if one of the two actually happens, though.

#14556 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Bond and Top Gun would be very difficult for me to pass on. I'll be happy if one of the two actually happens, though.

Ive heard more hints of Top Gun actually then Bond. One of the distributors has some clues in his podcasts just got to listen to little Easter eggs they throw in there shows.

Personally i dont want a Top Gun or Godzilla. If it was up to me id do a Goonies, Harry Potter, Bond, and ready for it....Fortnite with online multiplayer, it would be the next step in pinball going online with friends in squads and battling through a pinball machine. You want new eyes and a bigger future for pinball in general thats the game to make. All the old heads here would lose there mind but the new players it would bring in would be immense.

#14557 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Rocky Horror is totally lost on me:
- It's a musical.
- I was 4.
- It was shown at midnight, which was way past my bedtime.
- Today, it's shown way past my bedtime again.

That movie gives me flu like symptoms

#14558 3 years ago

I’d rather see The Book of Mormon before Rocky Horror. But in all seriousness, I want to see Tremors or There Will Be Blood.

#14559 3 years ago

Stern can you please release something soon!

Either that or Chicago gaming...

#14560 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

All in on Top Gun.

Top Gun school
Stay above the hard deck
Jester's Dead
Inverted vs. Migs (reverse flippers)
Jetwash Frenzy
Volleyball video mode
Hops galore
Michael Ironside Custom Callouts
Great Balls of Fire

#14561 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Stern can you please release something soon!
Either that or Chicago gaming...

3-22or23-21 I believe we will have an announcement.

I am going with Godzilla.

#14562 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Ive heard more hints of Top Gun actually then Bond. One of the distributors has some clues in his podcasts just got to listen to little Easter eggs they throw in there shows.
Personally i dont want a Top Gun or Godzilla. If it was up to me id do a Goonies, Harry Potter, Bond, and ready for it....Fortnite with online multiplayer, it would be the next step in pinball going online with friends in squads and battling through a pinball machine. You want new eyes and a bigger future for pinball in general thats the game to make. All the old heads here would lose there mind but the new players it would bring in would be immense.

Thanks for the details. I'm all in on Top Gun if they have enough of the assets including the better songs from the soundtrack (Danger Zone, Top Gun anthem).

I'm still skeptical as I've heard little to no smoke here or elsewhere about Top Gun but maybe you're on ro something.

No interest here in Godzilla as well which I'm pretty sure will be the next Stern announcement.

#14563 3 years ago

All in on Top Gun.
Top Gun school
Stay above the hard deck
Jester's Dead
Jetwash Frenzy
Volleyball video mode
Hops galore
Great Balls of Fire

To me, Top Gun is an ideal theme for a fast paced pinball machine. A lot of directions and things they can use to design the game.

#14564 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

To me, Top Gun is an ideal theme for a fast paced pinball machine. A lot of directions and things they can use to design the game.

It can literally follow the movie storyline, or JUST be climbing the ranks in Top Gun school or JUST be combat. Lots to do.

#14565 3 years ago

Talk to me Goose!

#14566 3 years ago

All in on Top Gun.
Top Gun school
Stay above the hard deck
Jester's Dead
Jetwash Frenzy
Volleyball video mode
Hops galore
Great Balls of Fire

Added 3 more:

Carnal knowledge of a women this time. > Video mode and sing along (add a mic).

Fist pump motorcycle video mode (press both flippers as fast as you can to race your bike, while pressing the action button when you can to fist pump).

Landing on the aircraft carrier video mode (use the one from NES video game, that was impossible to land). Use flipper buttons to move left and right and the action button to pull up when about to land.

#14567 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

It can literally follow the movie storyline, or JUST be climbing the ranks in Top Gun school or JUST be combat. Lots to do.

Quoted from greenstreet:

Talk to me Goose!

I hope for you guys there is a Highway to the Danger Zone coming out soon. Put the same team that did TMNT on it with Borg going for pure speed like he did with turtles and Dwight with his great moments. You would think Ritchie for speed and flow but Borg i think would give us a better game i think personally. I doubt Elwin would be on Top Gun and Yeti would be a waste on Top Gun, its one pin that photo realism would be good on with fighter jets but please dont have Tom Cruise staring at me, lol! Ill keep my ears on the podcast for more Easter eggs and if i hear anything ill let you guys know.

#14568 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I hope for you guys there is a Highway to the Danger Zone coming out soon. Put the same team that did TMNT on it with Borg going for pure speed like he did with turtles and Dwight with his great moments. You would think Ritchie for speed and flow but Borg i think would give us as better game i think personally. I doubt Elwin would be on Top Gun and Yeti would be a waste on Top Gun, its one pin that photo realism would be good on with fighter jets but please dont have Tom Cruise staring at me, lol! Ill keep my ears on the podcast for more Easter eggs and if i hear anything ill let you guys know.

Id vote Elwin to design it and Lyman on the code.

#14569 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I hope for you guys there is a Highway to the Danger Zone coming out soon. Put the same team that did TMNT on it with Borg going for pure speed like he did with turtles and Dwight with his great moments. You would think Ritchie for speed and flow but Borg i think would give us a better game i think personally. I doubt Elwin would be on Top Gun and Yeti would be a waste on Top Gun, its one pin that photo realism would be good on with fighter jets but please dont have Tom Cruise staring at me, lol! Ill keep my ears on the podcast for more Easter eggs and if i hear anything ill let you guys know.

The good news is it's not Tom Cruise. It's Capt. Pete "Maverick" Mitchell staring at you.

I'm all in on the TMNT team taking it on. It's a fantastic pin.

#14570 3 years ago

Have a look at the Van Halen 1986 Album cover,, lifting a silver ball???
a sign from above for the next Stern!!! 5150

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#14571 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

I highly doubt that combo will ever happen. Not that i dont think it would be great.

#14572 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Quoted from Phbooms:

I highly doubt that combo will ever happen. Not that i dont think it would be great.

I think, more than anything, it would be a waste of each of their talents considering they both seem to excel at creating deep, balanced rule sets. To me, it's kind of like saying, "I sure wish Ritchie and Borg could design a fast, flowy layout together."

#14573 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

agreed, no Tom Cruise. But I like the idea of Meg being glad to see me.

top gun (resized).jpgtop gun (resized).jpg
#14574 3 years ago

All in on Top Gun.
Top Gun school
Stay above the hard deck
Jester's Dead
Jetwash Frenzy
Volleyball video mode
Hops galore
Great Balls of Fire

They don't do video modes on Spike games, do they?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14576 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

That’s a neat idea reminds me of Jaws unleashed which is essentially what happens in the PS2 game you are Bruce / JAWS.
But personally I’d like to see you rotating between characters Chief Brody, Hooper, Quint with modes to complete ultimately getting to a type of shot like No Good Goofers instead of a hole in one shot it’s the final “smile you son of a bitch” shot animation on LCD shark explodes while (disappears under playfield or behind backbox) , shaker simultaneously rumbles, LED flashing lights & all lights completely shut off momentarily to hide the shark mechanics as it disappears. After the lighting comes back on its mainly all Red / blue representing the blood and swimming back to shore. [quoted image]

I love Jaws, but I’m concerned Stern might add a fin to the plastic zeppelin toy and call it good.

#14577 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

There's one on Star Wars

#14578 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They could stick the clips for ""Dr Scott", "Janet", "Brad", "Rocky", "Ughh" and have that round robin callout sequence you can create on the fly in the order you want.
Peekaboo 2 ball multiball with Columbia doing the peekaboo every time you get a combo.
Riff Raff and Magenta celebrating with that weird hands to elbows thing when you drain would be funny.
So many possibilities.
The two deleted scenes could be worked back in. They kind of ruin the flow in the movie, but would be good content for the pin.

Not to mention.
The lips
The elevator
The time warp!
Missed opportunities for pinball.

#14579 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Star Wars did, but to be fair it was terrible.

I'm still pro video modes if they're done well. Really surprised STh didn't do a Dracula-like shooting mode with all three buttons and demodogs.

#14581 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Ghostbusters, GOT, and SW do. Maybe it's a Dwight thing now.

#14582 3 years ago

All in on Top Gun.
Top Gun school
Stay above the hard deck
Jester's Dead
Jetwash Frenzy
Volleyball video mode
Hops galore
Great Balls of Fire

You forgot "You've lost that lovin' feelin'" multiball

#14583 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

All three of those are unfortunately terrible, boring video modes. I even forgot about the Ghostbusters one that's like the Dracula shooting mode in molasses because I never play it (always choose the guessing game).

I totally want Xaqery and the other designers to keep trying to make a great video mode, but give them to a programmer on their team with the time that really wants to make a great, quick, fun video mode to grind away one it until it's great.

It has been done, so it's not impossible. Fish Tales is good, Indy's is classic, Dracula with some randomness is fine, AfM is fun (with the cow extras, too). And on SPIKE they have a nice, large color screen with better resolution, so it's just a matter of time before someone nails it.

#14584 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Star Wars did, but to be fair it was terrible.

Nope...it was pretty great. The FIRST 100 times...

Compare it to what they tried with Game of Thrones, and you realize just how good it really was.

#14585 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Nope...it was pretty great. The FIRST 100 times...
Compare it to what they tried with Game of Thrones, and you realize just how good it really was.

Yeah it was all right initially, but it was just a ripoff of Silpheed combined with Gyruss and just slowed the game down once it wasn't really fun anymore (which was pretty quickly).

#14586 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah it was all right initially, but it was just a ripoff of Silpheed combined with Gyruss and just slowed the game down once it wasn't really fun anymore (which was pretty quickly).

I thought it was a rip off of Timeshock video mode but that video mode is fun.

#14587 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I thought it was a rip off of Timeshock video mode but that video mode is fun.

Nah. Timeshock you're in tubes where Silpheed and SW video mode everything is coming from a central point on the screen.

#14588 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Nah. Timeshock you're in tubes where Silpheed and SW video mode everything is coming from a central point on the screen.

Ill have to look up Silpheed ive never heard of it.

Edit- I see, yes very similar to Silpheed

#14589 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:T-H-E M-A-T-R-I-X PLEASE!

That would be cool!

9126CB6C-6057-47C9-BADE-386C81E169F2 (resized).jpeg9126CB6C-6057-47C9-BADE-386C81E169F2 (resized).jpeg

#14590 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

So SW is the only one with the LCD screen to have video then. I'm not surprised I've never seen it as I really don't like that game at all.

#14591 3 years ago

Looking on the BTTF forum and someone says they have seen parts and will be released in the next 2 weeks can only hope.

#14592 3 years ago
Quoted from mighteagle:

Looking on the BTTF forum and someone says they have seen parts and will be released in the next 2 weeks can only hope.

Ooooh...link?

#14593 3 years ago

Taken from the BTTF forum on pinside
A buddy of mine said he saw some finished parts from the Stern Back to the Future and Stern is scheduled to release it within the next two weeks due to the deadline. He knows I’m a huge Back to the Future fan and he knows I like pinball. He actually never discussed pinball with me before but his line of work gave him a visual of BTTF and knows I would get excited about that news. So he said he liked what he saw, not the whole machine but certain parts. He said could be released as early as this week if all goes well. He did show me one picture, and I’m excited, but can’t really tell what the game will look like.

#14594 3 years ago
Quoted from mighteagle:

A buddy of mine said he saw some finished parts from the Stern Back to the Future and Stern is scheduled to release it within the next two weeks due to the deadline. He knows I’m a huge Back to the Future fan and he knows I like pinball. He actually never discussed pinball with me before but his line of work gave him a visual of BTTF and knows I would get excited about that news. So he said he liked what he saw, not the whole machine but certain parts. He said could be released as early as this week if all goes well. He did show me one picture, and I’m excited, but can’t really tell what the game will look like.

So would BTTF be Lyman's next "premium priced" machine with Borg design? Will it be Stern or a Kapow money grab?

I'm certainly more interested in a BTTF than a Godzilla.

#14595 3 years ago
Quoted from mighteagle:

Huge prediction here! Here's some awesome logic on why I am 3% convinced that this is actually happening:

1. Right before stranger things was released Brian Eddy kept dropping super obvious hints on a podcast that he was working on a Bill and Ted's most excellent Adventure pin. These clues were so obvious that I knew for sure we would not be seeing a Bill and Ted Pin.
2. But . . . Bill and Ted involves time travel and get this, so does Back to the Future!
3. Clearly, Brian Eddy has been working on a Back to the Future pin. Not sure of any other logical conclusion

#14596 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

The theme yes but layouts compared to BK and BK2000 not even close, i thought we were talking layouts. The Knight on BKSOR is the best toy ever in pinball and ive never seen him on any other games have you? No ramps on BKSOR that feed the flippers, no real flow on it either except the orbit. Has a physical ball lock in the catapult. Have you played a BKSOR premium? If you havent or have but didnt play it much you should revisit it, its a great game that caught me off guard once i got to dig into it some. Check out Bro do you talk pinball Nicks recent revisit review on the game he can articulate much better then i can.

I was a hard pass on BKSOR the entire first year it was out. Tried it several times, pro and premium and thought it was a frustrating dog. I played the LE more recently and changed my mind. You need to understand the code and the risk/rewards for certain shots. BKSOR is a good game. The knight is awesome.

#14597 3 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Huge prediction here! Here's some awesome logic on why I am 3% convinced that this is actually happening:
1. Right before stranger things was released Brian Eddy kept dropping super obvious hints on a podcast that he was working on a Bill and Ted's most excellent Adventure pin. These clues were so obvious that I knew for sure we would not be seeing a Bill and Ted Pin.
2. But . . . Bill and Ted involves time travel and get this, so does Back to the Future!
3. Clearly, Brian Eddy has been working on a Back to the Future pin. Not sure of any other logical conclusion

Joe Kaminkow(sp?) has hinted at the bttf license in the past. If he got it, it would be a kapow game. Joe worked with Gomez on BM66, has mentioned “hypothetically” that if he got the Hp license he would work on It with Gomez. That indicates to me that BTTF would be a kapow by Gomez

#14598 3 years ago
Quoted from mighteagle:

Freaking sweet! I hope this turns out to be true!

#14599 3 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Joe Kaminkow(sp?) has hinted at the bttf license in the past. If he got it, it would be a kapow game. Joe worked with Gomez on BM66, has mentioned “hypothetically” that if he got the Hp license he would work on It with Gomez. That indicates to me that BTTF would be a kapow by Gomez

Pretty sure Joe said if he had HP he would design it himself. There's just not enough data to make anything but a guess on who the designer for a studio title or kapow title would be. (BM66, E:HOH and Beatles are the three)

#14600 3 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

Pretty sure Joe said if he had HP he would design it himself. There's just not enough data to make anything but a guess on who the designer for a studio title or kapow title would be. (BM66, E:HOH and Beatles are the three)

Yes, but the next sentence or two he mentioned if it wasn’t him he would work with Gomez in that same interview.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser
Pinball Machine
$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Machine - For Sale
New City, NY
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life
Armor and blades
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
17,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
$ 26.50
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 292 of 923.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/292?hl=flex_in_aus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.