balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
birds (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,141 posts in this topic. You are on page 291 of 923.
#14501 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

You know with all these posts about Jaws I thought about this post while back with your pic on a pf. Great concept and yea perfect candidate to rehash the Kiss pf. That shark is way better looking than Gene! ha ha. Love to see that dinging buoy bash toy somewhere on here too. Maybe re purpose the Flying Dutchman ship mech in Stern's POTC.

I will take the Flying Dutchman from Sponge Bob!!

3A464200-7F0A-4E4F-AD04-FCB4FC3B2E5D (resized).png3A464200-7F0A-4E4F-AD04-FCB4FC3B2E5D (resized).png
#14502 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Many pins came out in conjunction with their films, just not in the last decade or so. Another example beyond the two you mentioned would be LAH, which came out close to when the film came out. Also, today's TWIP cites a recent interview with Gomez, who talks about making Johnny Mnemonic in association with the film's release. Regarding Stern, I remember buying my Stern IJ when Crystal Skull came out in 2008, but I don't think Stern has done that since.

Interesting thanks .I’ll check that out .

#14503 3 years ago

Jaws would be one of my dream pins... will order sight unseen.... Some post back in the thread ask what could be put in the Jaws game... umm how about pure awesomeness.. there are tons of mechs or toy ideas to pull from.... One off top of my head would be to reuse the boat/kracken mech from Stern Pirates.. however instead of the boat sinking... why not have Jaws come up from underneath the playfield and eat your ball or something.. You could work a lot of ideas around boats, the metal flotation canisters, harpoon, end fight scene, beach attacks, helicopter attack, oxygen tank in mouth attack, shark cage. I mean just a little imagination and I can already come up with 100 ideas.... Far as call outs... pinball fx3 table proved that can be done... Robert Shaws voice actor was pretty dang close... in the hands of the right team at Stern.. it could be a real winner! Some people may not like Jaws.. but everyone has heard of Jaws.. every person ever to step foot in the ocean pictures Jaws before they go in.... that in itself speaks volumn that the lisc is valid enough to produce the pin.

#14504 3 years ago

I think its JAWS...

Chris Franchi
JAWS (resized).JPGJAWS (resized).JPG

Listen to what he says in the video,... time stamp 15:50-16:35

#14505 3 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

I think its JAWS...
Chris Franchi

I thought Franchi was persona non grata at Stern after the events around his last game with them where he was kind of giving Stern the virtual finger by not honoring their agreement(s) and he had moved on to working with CGC now? I really doubt this is coming from Stern with him attached, but who knows?

#14506 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Man I really wish Pinball could move up a couple of decades. I kick tires of every new machine. Star Wars and Dead Pool had the most potential for me. These days it’s going to take a Pulp Fiction or John Wick to get my money. I might be convinced by Toy Story but it would have to be pretty amazing base model. Jaws is not horrible and my wife loves it but it’s not something I’m excited about. It would just end up on my one day used list. The right band from the 90s could get it done.

I'm not sure how you feel about Toy Story as a theme, but it will be a game changer.

#14507 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I'm not sure how you feel about Toy Story as a theme, but it will be a game changer.

I'd be in for GNR, Stranger things, and BTTF before toy story...

#14508 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Why do say this??

#14509 3 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

I think its JAWS...
Chris Franchi
[quoted image]
Listen to what he says in the video,... time stamp 15:50-16:35

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 7.13.01 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-03-09 at 7.13.01 AM (resized).png

Quoted from Venom77:

Jaws would be one of my dream pins... will order sight unseen.... Some post back in the thread ask what could be put in the Jaws game... umm how about pure awesomeness.. there are tons of mechs or toy ideas to pull from....

What I'm saying is Stern's reputation is not to put a lot in the game. Look at Zeppelin, which has basically nothing related to Led Zeppelin in a game. It's a pinball machine that happens to play Led Zeppelin as its music. The Zeppelin doesn't even lock a ball or interact.

Can you see Stern making a Jaws pin and NOT having an interactive shark on the Playfield? I can.

#14510 3 years ago

Stern will make a JAWS pin 100% I just hope they don’t fuck it up. If not this summer I can actually see them waiting until 4 years from now in 2025 to hit the 50th anniversary. Could tie in the “50th annual poster / billboard” from the movie as the backboard.... they can have it clean & change it to graffitied / vandalized as game modes change (maybe having a new feature LCD as the backboard within the back of the playfield where the ball can pass through it)
82DEF471-6F49-436F-AE98-8976F5F18FB4 (resized).jpeg82DEF471-6F49-436F-AE98-8976F5F18FB4 (resized).jpeg

#14511 3 years ago

Maybe Led Zeppelin was/is JAWS. That generic mech coming out the PF still doesn’t make sense unless it was supposed to be a Shark coming out the PF and then you shoot a ball in it’s mouth

#14512 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Can you see Stern making a Jaws pin and NOT having an interactive shark on the Playfield? I can

If they did it will look rubbery as F%&^

#14513 3 years ago
69A18C77-B6BA-4A9A-B2E9-2646F462A839 (resized).jpeg69A18C77-B6BA-4A9A-B2E9-2646F462A839 (resized).jpeg
#14514 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Toy Story is a great theme but if they do it like POTC with no assets, no good for me.

#14515 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Maybe Led Zeppelin was/is JAWS. That generic mech coming out the PF still doesn’t make sense unless it was supposed to be a Shark coming out the PF and then you shoot a ball in it’s mouth

I guess it could be, but I don't think Ritchie was on Jaws. That'd also be one flat shark. I guess a hammerhead.

#14516 3 years ago

I'm thinking...

Stern -
Spring: Godzilla
Summer: Jaws
Fall: Back to the Future
(maybe swap BttF and Godzilla, due to a Halloween themed pin)

JJP -
Late 2021 - Toy Story

CGC -
Summer - Cactus Canyon

Deeproot -
Summer/Fall - RAZA (Yes it will be made)

#14517 3 years ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

I'm thinking...
Stern -
JJP -
Late 2021 - Toy Story
CGC -
Summer - Cactus Canyon
Deeproot -

I’m not sure about 3 movies in a row, Stern will place another music between and/or another TV show I guess

#14518 3 years ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

CGC -
Summer - Cactus Canyon

Summer 2031 perhaps!

#14519 3 years ago

Why do so many grown up adults seem to think toy story would be such a spectacular, game changer pin? Fun pin, maybe, but game changer? Why? It's a kids movie written for children with some adult humor sprinkled in here and there. Yes, I've seen the movies, I have a now 14 year old daughter, so we went through most of those type films. I know I'm stepping on toes by saying this, but I just dont get it.

#14520 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Why do so many grown up adults seem to think toy story would be such a spectacular, game changer pin? Fun pin, maybe, but game changer? Why? It's a kids movie written for children with some adult humor sprinkled in here and there. Yes, I've seen the movies, I have a now 14 year old daughter, so we went through most of those type films. I know I'm stepping on toes by saying this, but I just dont get it.

To each their own I suppose. Toy Story would be a must buy for my family, but Rocky Horror Picture Show or Big Trouble in Little China do nothing for us.

#14521 3 years ago

Same reason as people spend $1600 on a Hot Toys. Nostalgia. Family memories. Wanting to be a kid again.

#14522 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

To each their own I suppose. Toy Story would be a must buy for my family, but Rocky Horror Picture Show or Big Trouble in Little China do nothing for us.

franknfurter.giffranknfurter.gif

Rocky Horror's kind of out of left field, but it could be a ridiculously fun pin. Tons of material to work with and some great music.

#14523 3 years ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

I'm thinking...
Stern -
JJP -
Late 2021 - Toy Story
CGC -
Summer - Cactus Canyon
Deeproot -

I'm thinking two minds think alike or you missed page 288 from 8 days ago in this thread:

Quoted from mrclean:

Spring - Godzilla
Summer - JAWS
Fall / Winter - Tron 82' / Back To The Future

#14524 3 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

[quoted image]

Do we really need another Indiana Jones !? The Williams one is just perfect!

lastcrusade4 (resized).pnglastcrusade4 (resized).pngindySnakes (resized).jpgindySnakes (resized).jpgNfq3avu (resized).pngNfq3avu (resized).pngindybirds (resized).jpgindybirds (resized).jpg
#14525 3 years ago

For me Pat Lawlor has been running on recycled fumes and his pins lack imagination now. They're all some remixed version of what he's done before, instead of doing something new and cool (like the Avengers Tower ramp in AIQ). He knows how to make a smooth shooting pin, but they just lack any kind of "WOW" factor anymore. So, while Toy Story is a fun license, I'm not really chomping at the bit to have one because it will probably just be a predictably smooth-shooting pin with recognizable features from PL pins of yesteryear. Eric at JJP is clearly the hot design talent now with two very different, very cool, very desirable pins in a row. Stern has Keith Elwin, Lyman, and Tanio doing the cool stuff on hardware and software for them.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14526 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I'm thinking two minds think alike or you missed page 288 from 8 days ago in this thread:

Ha. I must of missed that. Kudos!

#14527 3 years ago
Quoted from WpgPins:

Nobody hoping for an updated Back to the Future anymore? I’m still crossing fingers for that one!!

BTTF is dead. You’ll get Godzilla, Jaws and other stuff.

B401C289-3882-4C74-92D8-3A734A362781.pngB401C289-3882-4C74-92D8-3A734A362781.png

I wish Stern would hire you as a project consultant for Jaws. Your ideas are what I want !!!

Quoted from Venom77:

Jaws would be one of my dream pins... will order sight unseen.... Some post back in the thread ask what could be put in the Jaws game... umm how about pure awesomeness.. there are tons of mechs or toy ideas to pull from.... One off top of my head would be to reuse the boat/kracken mech from Stern Pirates.. however instead of the boat sinking... why not have Jaws come up from underneath the playfield and eat your ball or something.. You could work a lot of ideas around boats, the metal flotation canisters, harpoon, end fight scene, beach attacks, helicopter attack, oxygen tank in mouth attack, shark cage. I mean just a little imagination and I can already come up with 100 ideas.... Far as call outs... pinball fx3 table proved that can be done... Robert Shaws voice actor was pretty dang close... in the hands of the right team at Stern.. it could be a real winner! Some people may not like Jaws.. but everyone has heard of Jaws.. every person ever to step foot in the ocean pictures Jaws before they go in.... that in itself speaks volumn that the lisc is valid enough to produce the pin.

#14528 3 years ago

I firmly believe if stern can get the license BTTF is a done deal

In the past year we've seen both JP and TMNT get remade. So the precedent is there

#14529 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

For me Pat Lawlor has been running on recycled fumes and his pins lack imagination now. They're all some remixed version of what he's done before, instead of doing something new and cool (like the Avengers Tower ramp in AIQ). He knows how to make a smooth shooting pin, but they just lack any kind of "WOW" factor anymore. So, while Toy Story is a fun license, I'm not really chomping at the bit to have one because it will probably just be a predictably smooth-shooting pin with recognizable features from PL pins of yesteryear. Eric at JJP is clearly the hot design talent now with two very different, very cool, very desirable pins in a row. Stern has Keith Elwin, Lyman, and Tanio doing the cool stuff on hardware and software for them.

I agree with you on the new great designers = Eric & Keith + new software guys (including Keith’s coder). However I think DI was a great new design by Pat and maybe a pinnacle. But given’s Pat record of creating unique pins -> BR, SC, ES, TZ, DI, I’d wager he has one or two more excellent designs left, if not pretty good ones. Lawlor is the man who got Bally to produce a pin with a vertical playfield and then one with a digital board game. He got Williams to make a pin that violently shook it’s way across the floor and he shoved wide-bodies down our throat, before allowing JJP to show us a perfect layout. I’d say he could easily provide another groundbreaking design that we weren’t expecting, and I wouldn’t be surprised. He’s that good, so bl, don’t count him out.

#14530 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I agree with you on the new great designers = Eric & Keith + new software guys (including Keith’s coder). However I think DI was a great new design by Pat and maybe a pinnacle. But given’s Pat record of creating unique pins -> BR, SC, ES, TZ, DI, I’d wager he has one or two more excellent designs left, if not pretty good ones. Lawlor is the man who got Bally to produce a pin with a vertical playfield and then one with a digital board game. He got Williams to make a pin that violently shook it’s way across the floor and he shoved wide-bodies down our throat, before allowing JJP to show us a perfect layout. I’d say he could easily provide another groundbreaking design that we weren’t expecting, and I wouldn’t be surprised. He’s that good, so bl, don’t count him out.

You're confusing vintage Pat Lawlor with the Pat Lawlor of the present (and, really, the last 20 years). All that stuff you're citing happened decades ago. Dialed In shoots GREAT but has very incomplete theme integration and isn't very FUN to shoot. We were very excited to have it until we had played it extensively for about a month at which I was not into it at all. My kids rejected it about 2 weeks before I did after also playing it extensively (Yes, they are pinball snobs). Present Pat's biggest innovation is the terrible idea to relocate the headphone jack to your knees on JJP pins. Yeah.

DI and WW are just an amalgam of vintage Pat's ideas blended up and re-presented in a new smooth-shooting-as-usual package with very little innovation. I'm not hopeful he's breaking that mold with Toy Story, but I will be very surprised and happy to congratulate him if he manages it. I'd rather have him fail trying to be wildly innovative with stuff never before designed into a pin than to serve up more of the same.

#14531 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Lawlor and Ritchie are on repeat. We know Lawlor's whimsical layout and third right flipper jackpot shot. We know Ritchie's ramps back to the flipper and lack of physical ball lock.

#14532 3 years ago

Lawlor and Ritchie are on repeat. We know Lawlor's whimsical layout and third right flipper jackpot shot. We know Ritchie's ramps back to the flipper and lack of physical ball lock.

BKSOR premium breaks that mold pretty well.

#14533 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Do we really need another Indiana Jones !? The Williams one is just perfect![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

While we all agree we don’t talk about Stern Indiana, I think that shield is Hogwarts (unless I missed some sarcasm, then get down with your bad self)

#14534 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

BKSOR premium breaks that mold pretty well.

Um, well, technically although it's based on 2 of his past machines.

#14535 3 years ago

Um, well, technically although it's based on 2 of his past machines.

The theme yes but layouts compared to BK and BK2000 not even close, i thought we were talking layouts. The Knight on BKSOR is the best toy ever in pinball and ive never seen him on any other games have you? No ramps on BKSOR that feed the flippers, no real flow on it either except the orbit. Has a physical ball lock in the catapult. Have you played a BKSOR premium? If you havent or have but didnt play it much you should revisit it, its a great game that caught me off guard once i got to dig into it some. Check out Bro do you talk pinball Nicks recent revisit review on the game he can articulate much better then i can.

#14536 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

The theme yes but layouts compared to BK and BK2000 not even close.

Yes. Because the original Black Knight is still the best one

#14537 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Yes. Because the original Black Knight is still the best one

Id like to have a OG BK. I wouldnt say its the best of the 3 by any means with no depth to code but id like it to have a piece of history. Honestly if i wanted a split level id rather have Pharaoh, Grand Lizard, Solar Fire, or Jungle Lord though.

Back on topic. Godzilla, Top Gun, Bond, and Queen coming this year.

#14538 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Id like to have a OG BK. I wouldnt say its the best of the 3 by any means with no depth to code but id like it to have a piece of history. Honestly if i wanted a split level id rather have Pharaoh, Grand Lizard, Solar Fire, or Jungle Lord though.

BTTF?

#14539 3 years ago

No idea really i just go off rumors i hear from different distributors and one guy on here that is in the know. Id love a BTTF machine though!

#14540 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

BTTF is dead. You’ll get Godzilla, Jaws and other stuff.
[quoted image]
I wish Stern would hire you as a project consultant for Jaws. Your ideas are what I want !!!

Hah , thanks for kind words man,,, however they wouldn't have to hire me,,, I would do it for free. I know business are making money but way I kind of see it one team one fight.... we all want pinball to thrive!

#14541 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Godzilla and Queen please. I will take that order to go. Thank you.

#14542 3 years ago

Jaws is totally the next pin. It’s a re-skin of Deadpool. The shark replaces baby Deadpool on a bouncy spring... Baby shark do do-do-do do, baby shark, do do-do-do do, baby shark. Daddy shark, do do-do-do do...sing along with me!

I have a toddler.

7A0F99C4-E5F6-40D3-870C-9C175019A4BA (resized).jpeg7A0F99C4-E5F6-40D3-870C-9C175019A4BA (resized).jpeg
#14543 3 years ago

Seriously tho, if another rock pin must happen, Journey would be pretty cool. Classic Steve Perry takes me back. Dude had some pipes. Remember that Journey arcade game???

18CCF72B-47E5-4910-86FF-DDC3172CD14C (resized).jpeg18CCF72B-47E5-4910-86FF-DDC3172CD14C (resized).jpeg
#14544 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Seriously tho, if another rock pin must happen, Journey would be pretty cool. Classic Steve Perry takes me back. Dude had some pipes. Remember that Journey arcade game???
[quoted image]

Their album covers have great artwork would be really cool in a pin with so many great songs.

#14545 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Baby shark do do-do-do do, baby shark, do do-do-do do, baby shark. Daddy shark, do do-do-do do...sing along with me!

Thanks for getting that in my head - ahole.

MOST watched video in YouTube history...no joke...over 8 billion views.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most-viewed_YouTube_videos#:~:text=%22Baby%20Shark%20Dance%22%20by%20Pinkfong,views%20as%20of%20February%202021.

#14546 3 years ago

If Jaws and Godzilla are the best answers for next themes its a big who cares for me. People always look fondly back to movies of their past neither theme had that great of movies. It will need to be a great pin and great code to carry two average themes.

#14547 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]
Rocky Horror's kind of out of left field, but it could be a ridiculously fun pin. Tons of material to work with and some great music.

I've been saying this for years. How could TRHPS make it though the 70's with no pinball machine for it? The music alone is worth it. Over the top halloween theme. I would love to see a Damn it Janet multi-ball. Or a "There's a light" mode.
IT really could be something fun.

#14548 3 years ago

Remember when the best pins were from shitty movies?

#14549 3 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I've been saying this for years. How could TRHPS make it though the 70's with no pinball machine for it? The music alone is worth it. Over the top halloween theme. I would love to see a Damn it Janet multi-ball. Or a "There's a light" mode.
IT really could be something fun.

They could stick the clips for ""Dr Scott", "Janet", "Brad", "Rocky", "Ughh" and have that round robin callout sequence you can create on the fly in the order you want.

Peekaboo 2 ball multiball with Columbia doing the peekaboo every time you get a combo.

Riff Raff and Magenta celebrating with that weird hands to elbows thing when you drain would be funny.

So many possibilities.

The two deleted scenes could be worked back in. They kind of ruin the flow in the movie, but would be good content for the pin.

#14550 3 years ago

Would be cool if they did Jaws in a way that the player/pinball was the shark and you had to go around eating people for jackpots.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 17.50
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
5,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Danville, CA
$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona
Pinball Machine
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 46,141 posts in this topic. You are on page 291 of 923.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/291?hl=drypaint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.