20240423_100836 (resized).jpg
20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,075 posts in this topic. You are on page 290 of 942.
#14451 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

anybody else hear mentions of Highway to the Danger Zone?

I wish. You'd have to think if they were ever going to do Top Gun, it would have been done already. I personally think it would be a great pinball theme.

#14452 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I wish. You'd have to think if they were ever going to do Top Gun, it would have been done already. I personally think it would be a great pinball theme.

They did, it's called F14 Tomcat.

#14453 3 years ago

Man I really wish Pinball could move up a couple of decades. I kick tires of every new machine. Star Wars and Dead Pool had the most potential for me. These days it’s going to take a Pulp Fiction or John Wick to get my money. I might be convinced by Toy Story but it would have to be pretty amazing base model. Jaws is not horrible and my wife loves it but it’s not something I’m excited about. It would just end up on my one day used list. The right band from the 90s could get it done.

#14454 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Man I really wish Pinball could move up a couple of decades. I kick tires of every new machine. Star Wars and Dead Pool had the most potential for me. These days it’s going to take a Pulp Fiction or John Wick to get my money. I might be convinced by Toy Story but it would have to be pretty amazing base model. Jaws is not horrible and my wife loves it but it’s not something I’m excited about. It would just end up on my one day used list. The right band from the 90s could get it done.

It seems you are a “theme first guy”, as am I. But you are on the young side and I am on the old side. It’s hard enough being my age and getting the grief for “ playing with toys” let alone the themes that are being offered lately. Ninja Turtles?!... no way.

#14455 3 years ago

Any word on a Tron VE?

#14456 3 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

Same for me. Bond is much more my kind of theme, crossing my fingers and hoping for it this year (all Bonds not just Craig in No Time To Die)
Still excited to see a Toho Godzilla, as I think it has potential to be a fun pin.

Id almost bet on when its Bonds turn they use Craig face but no movie assets like Jurassic Park so the entire game is original idea except the characters. Man hope its Bond as a summer release! Ive never been a Godzilla fan so id prefer Godzilla vs King Kong where you could chose either character to play like Transformers, im way more into King Kong then Godzilla but i havent heard Kong rumors at all.

On the TWD debate thats a game that you grow to love but still hate, then sell it, then want it back. I hated the SDTM out of the right side but man when you open up the code on that one it shines. I had a Premium but the Pro is a better smoother playing game but thats another debate, lol!

#14457 3 years ago

While waiting on the new next best thing in just pulled the trigger on a TWD Pro lol. If they would just vault Tron already!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14458 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

While waiting on the new next best thing in just pulled the trigger on a TWD Pro lol. If they would just vault Tron already!

TWD was a good call, way to go. Once you pick up a Tron standard edition and add ramp lighting and chrome hardware, you’ll feel like you have the LE and be happy you didn’t wait for the vault and for saving $8k. Unless the Tron vault has new artwork.

Then buy a LOTR standard edition with shaker motor and add brass hardware, you’ll feel like you have the LE and be happy you didn’t wait for the vault. Unless the LOTR vault has new artwork and hi-fi sounds.

#14459 3 years ago

Bond is an interesting theme, I just don't think they can afford it. If they managed to get both the assets and do a playfield with some kind of crazy bond gadget or a car that has an ejector seat or pop out machine gun ball shooter it would be amazing. I just think we end up with some bare bones license on a machine that could be anything. I would actually prefer a fully licensed retro Goldeneye 64 pin that focused on amazing 4 player modes and that great soundtrack. Drop a Goldeneye with 4 player online and I can't give them money fast enough. LOL

#14460 3 years ago

Didn’t search — has anyone guessed Friday the 13th? Seems like it would be perfect, big camp and crystal lake etc., shoot the ball into Jason's eye holes.

#14461 3 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Didn’t search — has anyone guessed Friday the 13th? Seems like it would be perfect, big camp and crystal lake etc., shoot the ball into Jason's eye holes.

I would be ok with that, but would rather a Freddy vs Jason

#14462 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I would actually prefer a fully licensed retro Goldeneye 64 pin that focused on amazing 4 player modes and that great soundtrack. Drop a Goldeneye with 4 player online and I can't give them money fast enough. LOL

Now if they did this, it would be an amazing game structure, just as it was for the video game industry, becoming a must have game of fun for 4 players.

#14463 3 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

I don’t understand why TWD gets soooo much love. It was the shortest kept game I’ve ever owned. Thought it was a turd. But hey I don’t like AF either and love my stranger things. To each their own I guess

It really depends on when you owned it. If you had it the first year or two, it was no good - I don't think anyone liked it. But once Lyman did a major overhaul on the code is when the game turned a corner. I don't remember exactly when that was, but I think it was about 2 years after release.

#14464 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Now if they did this, it would be an amazing game structure, just as it was for the video game industry, becoming a must have game of fun for 4 players.

Quoted from Darscot:

Bond is an interesting theme, I just don't think they can afford it. If they managed to get both the assets and do a playfield with some kind of crazy bond gadget or a car that has an ejector seat or pop out machine gun ball shooter it would be amazing. I just think we end up with some bare bones license on a machine that could be anything. I would actually prefer a fully licensed retro Goldeneye 64 pin that focused on amazing 4 player modes and that great soundtrack. Drop a Goldeneye with 4 player online and I can't give them money fast enough. LOL

You’re right with the bare bones call, much cheaper for Stern to go that route, with an original story and their in house animation team like JP.
Too much to ask for them to actually secure the proper assets and actually do the theme some justice.
For me there’s a lack of immersion when you’re playing through an animated story.
I don’t want to feel like I’m playing a computer game when I’m playing pinball.
I want Connery, Moore, Craig etc saying iconic lines in iconic scenes from the catalogue of amazing bond movies.
I’m still crossing my fingers that Kamikow can pull off the licensing deal, I’d be first in line for a Kapow Bond with all the assets and coded by Lyman. World under glass and 100% theme integration, count me in!

The list of cool toys & mechs are endless with a property that is build around cool gadgets.....
1) Jaws metal smile physical ball lock.
2) Aston Martin ejector seat VUK
3) Goldfinger laser diagonal captive ball (like Williams Indy)

#14465 3 years ago

Nothing would kill a feeling of immersion into a Bond ‘world under glass’ more for me than having 4-5 different faces that are supposed to be the same person. Just my opinion.

#14466 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Nothing would kill a feeling of immersion into a Bond ‘world under glass’ more for me than having 4-5 different faces that are supposed to be the same person. Just my opinion.

1 Bond and 4-5 Women. Not 4-5 Bonds and 1 Woman.

Rather see Godzilla next anyway.

#14467 3 years ago

Just retheme TWD to the goonies and laugh all the way to the bank...

#14468 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

You’ve got a point, but I feel like you could have fun with it, if coded right. Choose your Bond!
No matter what age everyone has their favourite Bond that’s the beauty of it.

#14469 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

They did, it's called F14 Tomcat.

Meh. Not the sane thing.

#14470 3 years ago

Stern got confused by what we want from this thread... It was going to be Godzilla Vs. King Kong... I guess we will see how it shoots...

backtothegodzilla (resized).pngbacktothegodzilla (resized).png
#14471 3 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

You’re right with the bare bones call, much cheaper for Stern to go that route, with an original story and their in house animation team like JP.
Too much to ask for them to actually secure the proper assets and actually do the theme some justice.
For me there’s a lack of immersion when you’re playing through an animated story.
I don’t want to feel like I’m playing a computer game when I’m playing pinball.
I want Connery, Moore, Craig etc saying iconic lines in iconic scenes from the catalogue of amazing bond movies.
I’m still crossing my fingers that Kamikow can pull off the licensing deal, I’d be first in line for a Kapow Bond with all the assets and coded by Lyman. World under glass and 100% theme integration, count me in!
The list of cool toys & mechs are endless with a property that is build around cool gadgets.....
1) Jaws metal smile physical ball lock.
2) Aston Martin ejector seat VUK
3) Goldfinger laser diagonal captive ball (like Williams Indy)

Oh 100% I would prefer the real deal but if we are going to get a knock off then focus on the multiplayer. I think it makes more sense for Stern they seem really adverse to spending a lot on gadgets or mechs for a single title. The multiplayer stuff they could be part of every pin going forward, makes that investment a little more palatable for them. It just fits so well into Bond, being able to play against other people. Pick all those great villain's each with different perks. You could have modes that beating them shoots the other guys, disable flippers momentarily, or Bond can get drugged and make his flippers laggy and weird. You could have modes based on the Bond girls, if a villain wins they get killed Bond of course takes them to bed and it's all tied into multipliers. You could do car chase modes that the better your playing the faster you go, screwing up makes you crash. The possibilities are endless in the Bond universe.

I dunno how prominent my demographic is in the pinball market but if someone says Bond. This sounds is the first thing I think of and battling it out with my friends.

#14472 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Yeah, although I like Daniel Craig, he isn’t iconic like Connery. You have to go with the guy that spans pop culture and is the epitome of cool.

#14473 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

You will get a Monchhichi pin and you will like it. Period.

Umm I doubt it, unless its no longer gender specific.

"Boy and Girl Dolly" doesnt fly in todays day an age.

#14474 3 years ago

Hearing of a possible Brian Eddy game up next.

#14475 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Hearing of a possible Brian Eddy game up next.

Hear of a possible theme?

#14476 3 years ago

Nope just designer with Gomez not hitting until summer.

#14477 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Nope just designer with Gomez not hitting until summer.

I wonder what that summer blockbuster could be...

gomezJAWS (resized).pnggomezJAWS (resized).png
#14478 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

[quoted image]

That would be awesome. But how would a sword-shaped habitrail fit into that theme?

#14479 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

[quoted image]

I'm curious to see what you guys think Stern would ACTUALLY include in JAWS. Seems prime for a letdown.

pin (resized).pngpin (resized).png
#14480 3 years ago

It will just be a Stern Big Buck Hunter retheme. Replace the dear with a shark sell a billion to Jaws fans, Done. Then they can spend more time working on a good theme haha

Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'm curious to see what you guys think Stern would ACTUALLY include in JAWS. Seems prime for a letdown.[quoted image]

#14481 3 years ago

I'm curious to see what you guys think Stern would ACTUALLY include in JAWS. Seems prime for a letdown.[quoted image]

If you already expect it to be a bare game like in your illustration, you will not be disappointed.

#14482 3 years ago

I’ve tried reading but the sarcasm and trolling is out of control. Are we actually getting a remade BTTF? Just a simple yes or no. If yes, who should I buy an LE from? Pinside go!!

#14483 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It will just be a Stern Big Buck Hunter retheme. Replace the dear with a shark sell a billion to Jaws fans, Done. Then they can spend more time working on a good theme haha

I could see this happening

#14484 3 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

I’ve tried reading but the sarcasm and trolling is out of control. Are we actually getting a remade BTTF? Just a simple yes or no. If yes, who should I buy an LE from? Pinside go!!

Every rumor you've heard is just wishful thinking. Nobody really knows and those who might aren't talking.

Pretty sure Godzilla is happening at some point since they got the license. They wouldn't waste the money they paid for it, I'm sure.

#14485 3 years ago

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I posted this 5 years ago... At the time I thought they would re-purpose / re-theme KISS...
1e571decf6092e9f5ca45f7d080643f9d63fd78e (resized).png1e571decf6092e9f5ca45f7d080643f9d63fd78e (resized).png

e258477d23371527b6f2acb204bca50e3bdcb9cd.png (resized).jpge258477d23371527b6f2acb204bca50e3bdcb9cd.png (resized).jpg
#14487 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I posted this 5 years ago... At the time I thought they would re-purpose / re-theme KISS...
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I'm hoping Jaws is coming at some point. I just picture a buoy as a bash toy and when you hit it, it dings like the one in the opening scene. Awesome.

#14488 3 years ago

Just wondering has a movie themed pin ever launched with its movie ?

#14489 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm hoping Jaws is coming at some point. I just picture a buoy as a bash toy and when you hit it, it dings like the one in the opening scene. Awesome.

Jaws would be great .Seems long overdue .

#14490 3 years ago

Sign me up for SLAYER, that’s a big one for me.

#14491 3 years ago

The playfield ist completely empty (except for a moving shark) to represent the wide open sea.

#14492 3 years ago

If anyone can secure Bond its Stern, they technically have a history with Bond what with Sega’s Goldeneye, great game btw shame it doesn’t get the love it deserves.

I know times have changed but that had callouts from all the major actors, all their likeness present, the Bond theme music and music from the film or good copies, plus footage from the film in a couple of the dmd animations.

#14493 3 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

I’m still crossing my fingers that Kamikow can pull off the licensing deal, I’d be first in line for a Kapow Bond with all the assets and coded by Lyman.

I think there is a good chance for the classics considering it was recently done for these slot machines. Pretty sure Kapow was involved in this deal.

https://www.sggaming.com/games/scientific-games/james-bond-game-series

#14494 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Pretty sure that both The Shadow and Congo were...probably others too - but maybe not any Stern machines.

#14495 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That would be awesome. But how would a sword-shaped habitrail fit into that theme?

Harpoon...obviously

#14496 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Possibly could have been a few yeah.... Matrix 4 is supposedly being released in Dec of this year
To quote Jean Luc Picard...MAKE IT SO - Stern!!!

#14497 3 years ago

Nobody hoping for an updated Back to the Future anymore? I’m still crossing fingers for that one!!

#14498 3 years ago
Quoted from WpgPins:

Nobody hoping for an updated Back to the Future anymore? I’m still crossing fingers for that one!!

Lots of us are! My most wanted theme after Star Wars. It needs to have the Enchantment Under the Sea dance and Earth Angel included as well as all the Huey Lewis and the News songs!

#14499 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Pretty sure that both The Shadow and Congo were...probably others too - but maybe not any Stern machines.

Many pins came out in conjunction with their films, just not in the last decade or so. Another example beyond the two you mentioned would be LAH, which came out close to when the film came out. Also, today's TWIP cites a recent interview with Gomez, who talks about making Johnny Mnemonic in association with the film's release. Regarding Stern, I remember buying my Stern IJ when Crystal Skull came out in 2008, but I don't think Stern has done that since.

#14500 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

You know with all these posts about Jaws I thought about this post while back with your pic on a pf. Great concept and yea perfect candidate to rehash the Kiss pf. That shark is way better looking than Gene! ha ha. Love to see that dinging buoy bash toy somewhere on here too. Maybe re purpose the Flying Dutchman ship mech in Stern's POTC.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 21.50
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
JAWS (PREMIUM) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

15,000 (OBO)
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 47,075 posts in this topic. You are on page 290 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/290?hl=jandrea95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.