IMG_4963.gif
Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg
Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,983 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 940.
#1401 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I was having a small break from the hobby when AC/DC was released, was Luci marketed/promoted as a limited edition?

No. Towards the end of the AC/DC run, Stern introduced the Luci version...same pricing. I think it was Stern's final attempt to squeeze a little more profit out of AC/DC. Someone else just said it, but there wasn't that many sold. Luci seems to demand a little more money than a regular premium, but less than the LE versions on the 2nd hand market.

I kind of wanted a Luci, just so when mom came over, I would hear "Luci is the devil" just like The Waterboy's mom......

#1402 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Oh my, I'd propably eat my own underpants.

Why do I suddenly imagine Kaneda suddenly rush up from pooping, recording a new podcast for a new scoop! XD

I really don't want to picture that, but I do enjoy the Kman's podcasts.......

#1403 6 years ago

I am ok with Luci.

Make it with the new lcd screen and I am in..

#1404 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I am ok with Luci.
Make it with the new lcd screen and I am in..

They won't... it will be a vault Premium with luci lower PF & decals.

#1405 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I was having a small break from the hobby when AC/DC was released, was Luci marketed/promoted as a limited edition?

Luci was promoted and sold as a premium model. Luci did not sell very well for whatever reason. We got a Luci as this was the only version we could get NIB at the time. I think that Stern making Luci again is a crazy business decision. They have publicly said more than once "no more Luci". Stern have just released a ACDC vault, so who ever wanted a Luci was told by their distributer that Stern are not making any more and more than likely bought a pro or premium version.

Good thing is now that who ever wants one, has another opportunity to get one!

Luci Flyer.pdfLuci Flyer.pdf

#1406 6 years ago

Excerpt taken from Pinball Magazine's article on EAG Expo
"Stern’s next new title is likely to be announced in April, which according to rumors, should be Keith Elwin’s first game with artwork by ZombieYeti."

#1407 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Excerpt taken from Pinball Magazine's article on EAG Expo
"Stern’s next new title is likely to be announced in April, which according to rumors, should be Keith Elwin’s first game with artwork by ZombieYeti."

That really sucks if there is nothing prior to April.

Hard to see it being a 3 machine year plus a vault/Kapow title.

#1408 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That really sucks if there is nothing prior to April.
Hard to see it being a 3 machine year plus a vault/Kapow title.

I guess Luci is plugging the gap from now until April.

It does suck that we have to wait till April as I am very excited to see what Keith has in store for his game, his Archer layout looks very interesting and fun to shoot, would love to see that layout go into production but equally excited if it’s something new.

#1409 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I guess Luci is plugging the gap from now until April.
It does suck that we have to wait till April as I am very excited to see what Keith has in store for his game, his Archer layout looks very interesting and fun to shoot, would love to see that layout go into production but equally excited if it’s something new.

Yeah October -April is definitely a big gap of nothing. Especially since they have already been doing the Acdc vault.

From a competitive standpoint I was thinking Stern was going to try and launch one more new title prior to JJP potc shipping to really put the screws to them.

#1410 6 years ago

Is Elvira the Elwin game?

#1411 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

No.

Iron Maiden.

Soon!

#1412 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

They have publicly said more than once "no more Luci".

One thing I have learned is to not listen to anyone at Stern about potential future vaults. We will not re-run Iron Man-BS, we will not re-run Tron-BS, we will not re-run AC/DC Luci-BS. Any game can and will be re-run if Stern needs to fill a gap or they think they can sell out a run for a particular title. Money talks and they need to try and keep up with forecasted sales projections and growth. Gary once said an average title cost a million dollars to develop and get in the pipeline. Now if that particular title does not sell well (GOTG cough) then to absorb the loss in sales they need to push other titles (LUCI re-run cough) to maintain their profit margins. Back in the dog days of Stern before they got bailed out by investor group, they had multiple titles with poor sales and it put them in a slump. One or two titles per year with poor sales can really put pressure on the company to do what they have to do-that means vault editions will become the norm. Now that Stern has considerable competition, it is important to try and sell as many units as possible to maintain profitability.

#1413 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Dennis Nordman, who designed the first two Elvira games, is designing the third.

#1414 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

One thing I have learned is to not listen to anyone at Stern about potential future vaults. We will not re-run Iron Man-BS, we will not re-run Tron-BS, we will not re-run AC/DC Luci-BS. Any game can and will be re-run if Stern needs to fill a gap or they think they can sell out a run for a particular title. Money talks and they need to try and keep up with forecasted sales projections and growth. Gary once said an average title cost a million dollars to develop and get in the pipeline. Now if that particular title does not sell well (GOTG cough) then to absorb the loss in sales they need to push other titles (LUCI re-run cough) to maintain their profit margins. Back in the dog days of Stern before they got bailed out by investor group, they had multiple titles with poor sales and it put them in a slump. One or two titles per year with poor sales can really put pressure on the company to do what they have to do-that means vault editions will become the norm. Now that Stern has considerable competition, it is important to try and sell as many units as possible to maintain profitability.

Does anyone know the sales #of GOTG? Pros or LE? there was only a run of 600 LE..

#1415 6 years ago

That Luci shit is ridiculous, didn’t get the artwork then and don’t get it now. Would much rather have had a Tron VE because prices for a pro are just unreal crazy.

#1416 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Does anyone know the sales #of GOTG? Pros or LE? there was only a run of 600 LE..

Stern does not release sales figures, but you can usually make a correlation in how many units they sell with number of people on Pinside purchasing them. I know Mustang did not sell well, I know WWE did not sell well, etc. Also the secondary market is also a good indicator of poor sales as you watch the tiles depreciate significantly. Metallica and Ghostbusters did very well in sales for Stern.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1417 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

That Luci shit is ridiculous, didn’t get the artwork then and don’t get it now.

You have been very avid about your dislike of LUCI. I think the art is amazing, and I would rather look at a hot chic instead of sweaty old dudes. To me LUCI is art and it is one of the games I purchased NIB from Stern and I was very impressed with the overall build quality. The only other game that impressed me more than LUCI NIB was Star Trek LE. I did not have to do one thing to LUCI, and did not have one issue( that is rare with today's titles, especially with Spike and node boards failure rate). If anyone is on the fence with considering purchasing a LUCI, I can just say she is well worth it. Different strokes for different folks.

#1418 6 years ago

ACDC Luci Vault Announced

#1419 6 years ago

I am getting excited about this movie. Poster looks almost like a backglass...

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#1420 6 years ago

Stern better hurry up with the Iron Maiden game, looks like they’ll need that licensing $$$ to fix their ride:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/12/world/iron-maiden-plane-damaged-irpt/

#1421 6 years ago

Great, first time designer on Iron Maiden.

#1422 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Stern better hurry up with the Iron Maiden game, looks like they’ll need that licensing $$$ to fix their ride:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/12/world/iron-maiden-plane-damaged-irpt/

You realize that was from 2 years ago, right?

#1423 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

But who will code it?

#1424 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I am happy if Keith design's it because it will probably be different and unique compared to other stern games of recent because I am really getting sick of rehashing layouts.

#1425 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

But who will code it?

If the next game really is Keith Elwin’s, he will supposedly be creating the ruleset himself.

Keith mentioned this last year on his Pinball Profile interview:
http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/ep-20-keith-elwin-7x-worlds-greatest-pinball-player_98431

Hopefully, plans haven’t changed since then. I’m sure he will have other coders on his team to help transcribe his ruleset into the actual code language.

#1426 6 years ago
#1427 6 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

If the next game really is Keith Elwin’s, he will supposedly be creating the ruleset himself.
Keith mentioned this last year on his Pinball Profile interview:
http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/ep-20-keith-elwin-7x-worlds-greatest-pinball-player_98431
Hopefully, plans haven’t changed since then. I’m sure he will have other coders on his team to help transcribe his ruleset into the actual code language.

Should be good if he’s doing his own code, he sure knows what makes a good pin!

Plus I believe he has been helping/working with Lyman on BM66 and the code on that game has gone from box of lights to awesomeness and it’s getting better and better with each code update!

#1428 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I am getting excited about this movie. Poster looks almost like a backglass...

Black Panther?

It would be awesome if after a drain Forest Gump says "Sorry I ruined your panther party"

#1429 6 years ago

I think Luci is the best looking AC/DC model and I’m glad to see them make another run. Coming on the heels of ACDC Vault i agree that it feels like a punt. Maybe if this is a punt to keep the lines full then another VE could still happen? One can dream no?

#1430 6 years ago

I suspect the longer gap between new games is code related, hence AC/DC vault to keep the production lines running. It seems to be taking longer to code in the video for the new displays. Owner reaction to the piss poor release of BM66 and GOTG was not good, as you can see from numerous threads here on Pinside. AS was only better because Stern delayed its release in order to squeeze in BM66. There have also been complaints about reusing code from Kiss and AS.

#1431 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I suspect the longer gap between new games is code related

That makes sense to me... no new release ready yet and the vault isn’t ready yet... they already have the line setup for AC/DC, why not add Luci to the lineup to strech that lines usefulness out.

#1432 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Owner reaction to the piss poor release of BM66 and GOTG was not good, as you can see from numerous threads here on Pinside.

Nobody's saying that about Batman '66 anymore....code updates have been trickling out and more video content added.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1433 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Nobody's saying that about Batman '66 anymore....code updates have been trickling out and more video content added.

Thank Lyman for that as well as special mention to Keith who several people have said has been working with Lyman on the code for BM66.

As for the audio and video content, it appears to be one of the best and most complete license deals Stern have done in a long time, it appears they have access to all 120 episodes from the original series.

#1434 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

But 11 months for alpha code to finally start progressing is very, very bad. I hope that the reason for the Luci vault is really to let the programming teams catch up and put an end to this new Stern trend of shipping games nowhere near ready (BM'66, Star Wars, GotG).

#1435 6 years ago

Isn't the Luci run going to be very small? I bet they make maybe 50-100 tops. Maybe not even that many.

It really shouldn't slow the line down as they are already building the same machine, only differences being some art.

Regardless, 6 months is quite a long time between new machines for Stern.

#1436 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Isn't the Luci run going to be very small? I bet they make maybe 50-100 tops. Maybe not even that many.
It really shouldn't slow the line down as they are already building the same machine, only differences being some art.
Regardless, 6 months is quite a long time between new machines for Stern.

After Ghostbusters playfield fiasco, they went longer than 6 months. It's not uncommon since they moved to the new factory.

#1437 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Someone said 200-300? Maybe they were quoting the original run, though.

#1438 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

It totally agree. I own BM66 LE #91. I was very unhappy from the time I unboxed it last January and had to finish putting the game together due to loose hardware, until a few months ago when the deeper code began to hit. Now, the game is progressing very, very well. I'm actually shocked at how much fun the game has become in the last two updates with the inclusion of the six minor villain modes and it becoming the greatest mode stacking game I've ever played. It's definitely a keeper now, but prior to last October, there was a very dark Summer.

3 weeks later
#1439 6 years ago

So, 2018 launched with AC/DC Vault 2 and their new Mega-LE "Surpreme"!!!

Can this year get any more exciting? What would be even greater possible titles?

I'd think of:
"House Dust Mite"
"Pure Boredom"
"Let's not even try anymore"

#1440 6 years ago

When is Tron coming?

#1441 6 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

When is Tron coming?

#1442 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Does anyone know when they think Iron Maiden be announced? Texas Pinball Expo?

#1443 6 years ago

Let me check my crystal ball. Hmm, Sterns next pinball machine will be a small limited run that will make the super Le's price look like a pro. You could even call it a Supreme LE.
Did I get that right????

#1444 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

TPE baby! Sounds wrong...IMDN will probably be announced before TPF. Likely at the Las Vegas Amusement Show at the end of February.

#1445 6 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

When is Tron coming?

Tron VE will be the only thing that could even tempt me to deal with Stern’s BS

#1446 6 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Tron VE will be the only thing that could even tempt me to deal with Stern’s BS

I feel like Tron was great during a time where there weren't a lot of new options. Good game, but the scene is different now.

#1447 6 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I feel like Tron was great during a time where there weren't a lot of new options. Good game, but the scene is different now.

I still think TRON is a strong candidate for vault.

#1448 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

I heard next title would be announced april, but sure hope/prefer sooner.

#1449 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I heard next title would be announced april, but sure hope/prefer sooner.

Doesn't that hurt?

I'd like a new TMNT.

il_570xN_1395144452_9o9a (resized).jpgil_570xN_1395144452_9o9a (resized).jpg

#1450 6 years ago

If sticking with 80s bands, I’d love to see a Bon Jovi machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
There are 46,983 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 940.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.