Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg
Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,892 posts in this topic. You are on page 285 of 938.
#14201 3 years ago
#14202 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

It’s obviously Godzilla, right?? . Why else would they have Japanese writing under the Stern logo??

Agree, the rumour on this title for months now seems pretty much confirmed. Remaining question being, it is an Elwin game or.............

#14203 3 years ago

my hope for Godzilla is that it has a strong crossover appeal and will be part of the growing pinball resurgence in Japan.
Like, maybe also do the callouts and screen text in Japanese and have it configurable? I've been waiting for YEARS for a break-away hit that could do serious numbers in markets like South Korea, Japan, China, etc

#14204 3 years ago

If Godzilla, I’m assuming the main yellow part is Ghidorah and the red and yellow curves might be part of Mothra’s wings. Or I could be wrong altogether and Stern is trolling us with the katakana.

#14205 3 years ago

Maybe something that is more in tune with today's youth? I would lose my shit.

Boku No Hero Academia

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

#14206 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Maybe something that is more in tune with today's youth? I would lose my shit.
Boku No Hero Academia
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I would lean towards something with a little broader appeal.... [* whispers *] please be Godzilla.

#14207 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I would lean towards something with a little broader appeal.... [* whispers *] please be Godzilla.

Godzilla definitely has broader appeal. I won't argue that.

I would really like to see Stern branch out a bit, but I suppose the financial risk would be too great. Although... The did produce Munsters and WWE.

Oh, and I didn't mean me when I said "today's youth", although I'm 47 years young. Still a great anime series.

#14208 3 years ago

Didnt they just put out LZ? How are they already announcing another pin.

#14209 3 years ago

They are on normal announcement schedule. We should know by mid March.

Quoted from zr11990:

Didnt they just put out LZ? How are they already announcing another pin.

#14210 3 years ago

And there it is...

DSC_1086_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).pngDSC_1086_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).png
#14211 3 years ago
Quoted from MJR8peanut:

ive been told the puzzle might just be a puzzle

this aged like fine wine

#14213 3 years ago

A Stern pinball jigsaw, they really are taking this lifestyle brand thing serious..

72E9AD30-2B71-407D-AFA0-161D39679D93.gif72E9AD30-2B71-407D-AFA0-161D39679D93.gif
#14214 3 years ago

I actually like the puzzle and may get it to hang in my gameroom

#14215 3 years ago

I’m confused, what is that puzzle of? How does it relate to stern?

#14216 3 years ago

#14217 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I’m confused, what is that puzzle of? How does it relate to stern?

It's a Japanese Aztec. There were millions of them back in the day. Learn your history, man...

#14218 3 years ago

What is this on sterns site? New direction?

Screenshot_20210226-083927_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210226-083927_Facebook (resized).jpg
#14219 3 years ago

I feel like there is someone in a small office in Chicago reading this forum and laughing at us...

#14220 3 years ago

What if the puzzle isn't the same as the cover? I see a couple of puzzle pieces like the eyeball to the left of the stern logo and the teeth to the right of the stern logo not part of this puzzle. other parts are spot on, but I could see Stern adjusting the image to mess with us. I bet its godzilla after all and when the true image is released they have a puzzle for it.

#14221 3 years ago

We are being Rick rolled...

#14222 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I feel like there is someone in a small office in Chicago reading this forum and laughing at us...

More than just one person laughing..

#14223 3 years ago

stern puzzle (resized).jpgstern puzzle (resized).jpg
#14224 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

What if the puzzle isn't the same as the cover? I see a couple of puzzle pieces like the eyeball to the left of the stern logo and the teeth to the right of the stern logo not part of this puzzle. other parts are spot on, but I could see Stern adjusting the image to mess with us. I bet its godzilla after all and when the true image is released they have a puzzle for it.

You get extra pieces to swap in with the LE.

#14225 3 years ago

Well, I do like the Wizard puzzle.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14226 3 years ago

Go back aways - I told you they were going to sell puzzles -- see post 13861

Quoted from NoQuarters:

Maybe they are just adding puzzles to their on line shop to go along with clothes, mugs and other stuff.

#14227 3 years ago

This is most definitely some bull jive!

#14228 3 years ago

Now what I would like to see is these puzzles turn into actual/ original pinball machines.

#14229 3 years ago

Like it or not, Stern tries really hard to keep the next release secret. The more obviously the clue points in one direction, the less likely that will be the next pin.

The puzzles are cool looking -- they have talented artists at their disposal now. Maybe this is a creative way to try to get them more money in between pins?

#14230 3 years ago

Wonder if the puzzle comes with pre-installed dimples? Does the last piece cost $599 to make the puzzle complete?

#14231 3 years ago
F8D906C4-77EB-42BB-865A-BEFD188DAE98.gifF8D906C4-77EB-42BB-865A-BEFD188DAE98.gif
#14232 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Yes. It seems like it may have been a puzzle.

You were spot on

#14233 3 years ago
Quoted from Venetic:

And there it is...
[quoted image]

I wouldn't mind if they made a pin based on samurai and dragons not based on any movie, just a cool looking original pin....

#14234 3 years ago

Well I’m out. Fuck Stern. This shit is stupid.

#14235 3 years ago

Good looking puzzle. I was actually a bit worried about a cartoon Godzilla pin. It could work if the animation was stellar, but I'd rather have Godzilla movie clips, especially the old-timey ones.

#14236 3 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Like it or not, Stern tries really hard to keep the next release secret. The more obviously the clue points in one direction, the less likely that will be the next pin.

So I'm thinking the Godzilla rumors may be in doubt?

#14237 3 years ago

Brilliant CSI work everyone. It's a puzzle lol. You got to admit that's pretty funny.

#14238 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I tried telling you guys already when I had posted this...just Refrence this photo about to go 2 for 2... I’m personally excited for #3, &#4.
**The Next Stern Pin**[quoted image]

1 for 7 so far but id like to see most of those themes.

#14239 3 years ago

Its a cool looking puzzle at least? My wife and I enjoy them, so I may pick one up...I'm part of the problem!

#14240 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Brilliant CSI work everyone. It's a puzzle lol. You got to admit that's pretty funny.

We all were wondering what pin it would be and in the end it was a freaking puzzle. Did a puzzle need a teaser? Has any puzzle in the history of puzzles need a stupid teaser?

#14241 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

We all were wondering what pin it would be and in the end it was a freaking puzzle. Did a puzzle need a teaser? Has any puzzle in the history of puzzles need a stupid teaser?

A pinball company doing a teaser for a puzzle is really fucking annoying and stupid. Trolling is a really shitty marketing strategy. I’m over it. Grow up Stern.

#14242 3 years ago
1F0C7F76-1BB9-4C37-BFDF-123F1241F564 (resized).jpeg1F0C7F76-1BB9-4C37-BFDF-123F1241F564 (resized).jpeg
#14243 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

A pinball company doing a teaser for a puzzle is really fucking annoying and stupid. Trolling is a really shitty marketing strategy. I’m over it. Grow up Stern.

I don't think they were trolling. They teased a new product and a bunch of people started reading way too much into it. If they showed a picture of a pinball machine and said "coming soon," I'd expect a pinball machine to be revealed soon. But they showed a picture of a puzzle and that's what we got. However, considering the fact that they aren't a puzzle company and are, in fact, a pinball company, they really didn't need to hype up puzzles in that way.

#14244 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

So I'm thinking the Godzilla rumors may be in doubt?

Well, what we know is:
1. Stern has the rights to do a Godzilla theme pinball game of some kind.
2. Gomez has stated that they only do a theme if one of their team really has its heart and soul into working with that theme.
3. Dwight Sullivan stated on a podcast (I think) that multiple teams at Stern really wanted to do a Godzilla themed game.

This really seems to imply that a Godzilla game is coming sometime, but as far as I know everything else is up in the air. Now the puzzle pieces initially made me think that Godzilla was a ways off because it was too obvious with the scales and then the Japanese writing. Now I'm thinking there's a possibility this is a more elaborate troll. Get everyone thinking it's Godzilla, then throw them off the scent with the puzzle, then release Godzilla in two weeks. Sort of a big reach here though.

Honestly I don't blame Stern for keeping things close to the vest. Things get really out of hand when a theme is known before the reveal. We get everyone designing the ultimate pin based on the theme and there's no way the actual pinball machine will live up to this hype and everyone is disappointed at the reveal. I kind of like the secrecy as well as it's a lot of fun trying to guess what's next. After the reveal I'm either not interested or bummed that there's another cool game out there that I probably can't afford to buy.

#14245 3 years ago

Garry,...... sometimes you puzzle me!.

#14246 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Man, lighten up. You are taking things way too seriously. Stern said nothing about it being about a new game or anything more than just what it was - a few pics of a puzzle.

#14247 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Not sure if you’re making a joke or not. But if not I think you’re the one needing to grow up. It’s a freakin’ pinball machine company - they make toys, not ventilators.

#14248 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Totally agree. This served no freaking purpose. I did puzzles when I was a kid and a few with my kids. I have no desire to buy a puzzle from Stern. Stick to pinball and pinball accessories that actually are used for pinball.

#14249 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Not sure if you’re making a joke or not. But if not I think you’re the one needing to grow up. It’s a freakin’ pinball machine company - they make toys, not ventilators.

Maybe put the puzzle manufacturing cost into better QC and spinners that don’t stop spinning and get stuck. Just saying.

#14250 3 years ago

What a bunch of cry babies.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 24.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

11,100 (OBO)
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,892 posts in this topic. You are on page 285 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/285 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.