Screenshot_20240423_152310_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
IMG_2020 (resized).jpeg
20240423_100836 (resized).jpg
20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 283 of 942.
#14101 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I never understood this comment...and many people say it. For an EM or early SS...yes. But you can't really be cranking tunes and get the full effect of a game from anything released in the last 30 years if you can't hear what's going on

On the flip side of that i've never quite got the idea of trying to turn a pinball machine into a jukebox (by upgrading speakers, changing tunes, etc) If i want to enjoy the music then it's through a really nice sound system with no other distractions going on .... well, maybe a nice bourbon
Each to their own of course!!

#14102 3 years ago
Quoted from RaoulJuke:

Could be a massive coincidence, but the X-Men character Phoenix was a very hidden easter egg in Wandavision recently - in the background of the circus scene, there was this. Might be a sign that Marvel movies are about to transition to the X-Men
[quoted image]

I thought that was supposed to be Wanda in costume, I’ll have to look again.

But Marvel Studios are already working on bringing the X-Men into the MCU and have been for sometime, the original rumour/report from a year ago or so was that Storm was going to feature in BP2, obviously that’s not going to happen anymore due to Chadwicks tragic passing.

The newest rumours/report is saying Storm is going to appear in Thor4, believe the first thing was a casting call for an actress fitting Storms description which was removed and replaced with an unspecified female role.

And now they are saying a Storm movie or series is rumoured in the works at Marvel, she could easily show up in the Wakanda series on Disney+, although I have a feeling Marvel announcing Fantastic Four is part of the plan to bring in mutants and the X-Men if Spidey 3 or Dr Strange 2 doesn’t.

Either way loads of great films coming from the MCU perfect for Pinball

#14103 3 years ago
Quoted from Smurrill1:

Has anyone suggested Daft Punk? They would make an awesome theme and the music is PERFECT for pinball

No, who dis?

#14104 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

hey just a hunch but I think Stern might just be deliberately fucking with y'all junior detectives.

This is definitely a big possibility.

0D6AF33E-7A5E-4321-8DCF-1DC7817F68C5 (resized).jpeg0D6AF33E-7A5E-4321-8DCF-1DC7817F68C5 (resized).jpeg
#14105 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

On the flip side of that i've never quite got the idea of trying to turn a pinball machine into a jukebox (by upgrading speakers, changing tunes, etc) If i want to enjoy the music then it's through a really nice sound system with no other distractions going on .... well, maybe a nice bourbon
Each to their own of course!!

It does make the game more immersive - music pin or not - when you have a better sound system. Words can't describe how awesome it is to hear the T-Rex roar and stomp on JP through upgraded speakers and a subwoofer.

#14106 3 years ago
Quoted from Smurrill1:

Has anyone suggested Daft Punk? They would make an awesome theme and the music is PERFECT for pinball

That's been done already. They called it Tron.

#14107 3 years ago
Quoted from Smurrill1:

So would you rather hear of a TronVe announced, an exact replica of Tron, OR see a totally new Tron themed pin that played Daft Punk music?

If you wanted to buy a Tron and listen to Daft Punk while playing it, I suggest picking up a used Tron in the market and swapping in the Daft Punk chip. Or buy PinBrowser and make your own mix. That is the primary beauty of having the old system architecture ... you can easily enhance the assets.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14108 3 years ago

Chili peppers would be fun.......cycle through the guitarist battle until they quit, Od, rejoin. There’s a fruscante final wizard mode you can never reach because of covid.

#14109 3 years ago

GOT Pr Vault for me with new hand drawn art. Wishful thinking.

#14110 3 years ago

I would really like to see Stern vault The Walking Dead. I need one in my collection. It would look good as a comic edition.

818A3D56-0204-4413-9928-560B02F18958 (resized).jpeg818A3D56-0204-4413-9928-560B02F18958 (resized).jpeg

#14111 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

GOT Pr Vault for me with new hand drawn art. Wishful thinking.

If any pin deserves a redo it's that one, Stern has some ugly pins but for me there is no bigger miss than GOT.
That pin also deserves a co-op/multiplayer that you can double cross and screw people over.

#14112 3 years ago

id be all in on a walking dead comic art version. Just dunno if they would do it as the show isnt as popular anymore...

#14113 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

If any pin deserves a redo it's that one, Stern has some ugly pins but for me there is no bigger miss than GOT.
That pin also deserves a co-op/multiplayer that you can double cross and screw people over.

GOTLE is a beautiful game. (The cabinet...not the playfield.) But yeah...I'd love a LCD display done on that game, and perhaps a revised playfield.

#14114 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I would really like to see Stern vault The Walking Dead. I need one in my collection. It would look good as a comic addition.
[quoted image]

I agree. TWD is code complete (almost) and is fun to play, but artwork was marginal. TWD comic artwork is way better than existing. I expect the cabinet and back-box artwork would be redone. Will the playfield art be changed too? Oh boy, it better! But there is one unanswered question which could be a deal breaker. Can the Owner replace the horrible sound/music with custom code? If not, the TWDve would be a No-Go.

#14115 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

GOTLE is a beautiful game. (The cabinet...not the playfield.) But yeah...I'd love a LCD display done on that game, and perhaps a revised playfield.

The ColorDMD does make a huge difference. With it set on Dots or DotsXL, you get a good sense of the video rips. You can tell which scene and which season it's showing...

Later,
EV

#14116 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I would really like to see Stern vault The Walking Dead. I need one in my collection. It would look good as a comic addition.
[quoted image]

You can still get WD Pros NIB, just bought one a few months ago.

#14117 3 years ago

I am definitely over these super hero pins...Almost over these rock pins...Like to see something new...

#14118 3 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

The ColorDMD does make a huge difference. With it set on Dots or DotsXL, you get a good sense of the video rips. You can tell which scene and which season it's showing...
Later,
EV

I have that and it IS awesome. But nice crisp footage from the show would be a welcome upgrade.

#14119 3 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#14121 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

1000% behind this! It really needs to happen.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Then you can sit fat Vince Neil next to fat Axl. Ultimate stuck in the 80s experience!

#14122 3 years ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

Agreed. I waited until they made a rock pin for a band on my short list. Now that I have LZ I am very unlikely to ever buy another rock pin. One is enough. And you make a good point. You can play any pin and also crank any music you want in the background. Not sure why the music has to be coming from the pin.

I agree with those that point out that you can’t get the full experience of a modern pin without hearing it. I am not against not having good music or soundtrack in a pin - I just don’t know about having the theme focus on a band. Daft Punk worked in Tron. AC/DC works in Ironman and so forth but the primary theme is not the band. And JJP did a great job with GnR but they focussed the theme as much on a concert experience as they did the band. Nice integration.

Playing a pin on location (barcade, etc) is a terrible experience if you want the complete feel of a pin due to the background noise. You can’t hear shit usually. For the home setting, once you have learned the rules you can play some of the time with your music in the background or immerse yourself in the full experience - you can chose.

I love music and I love pinball but doesn’t mean I want a Band themed pin. If it is well integrated with the game (modes) then it works but it is getting to be an old recipe now. I am ready for something new. Even the superhero theme is starting to get a little old but at least there are so many assets and storylines it doesn’t have to feel as much like rinse and repeat.

#14123 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Beautiful is subjective and I can accept that people think its a beautiful pin. That being said it could not be farther away from the theme, setting and feel of the books/show. It's like someone said lets colorize Schindlers List, it just completely misses the point. Personally that pin looks like it was done by someone that never saw an episode or read a chapter.

#14125 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCoinSlotTC:You can still get WD Pros NIB, just bought one a few months ago.

Who had them in stock?

#14126 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Then you can sit fat Vince Neil next to fat Axl. Ultimate stuck in the 80s experience!

You can have them battle each other since they hate each other...They have an old rivalry back in the day...

#14127 3 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

You can have them battle each other since they hate each other...They have an old rivalry back in the day...

I'd like to see them both lose - is that possible?

#14128 3 years ago

So no puzzle pieced together yet?

#14129 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

So no puzzle pieced together yet?

Yes. It seems like it may have been a puzzle.

#14130 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I would really like to see Stern vault The Walking Dead. I need one in my collection. It would look good as a comic edition.
[quoted image]

No question TWD vault with comic art would be a great candidate. Another past game with much needed update with art.

#14131 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Who had them in stock?

I think Automated has them.

#14132 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Lmao.I get your point but when this pool of 80s metal pins keeps selling like they do why would they change anything ?

#14133 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Lmao.I get your point but when this pool of 80s metal pins keeps selling like they do why would they change anything ?

Personally I think VH and the Crue will get made.

#14134 3 years ago

Judas Priest has lots of bosses to battle...Grinder, Painkiller, Electric Eye, Metal Gods, Night Crawler, Sinner, Exciter, ...

Even though I'm an Iron Maiden fan, I like the fact that the machine has a narrative that is not structured around the band. Lots of potential with Priest for something like that too.

#14135 3 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Judas Priest has lots of bosses to battle...Grinder, Painkiller, Electric Eye, Metal Gods, Night Crawler, Sinner, Exciter, ...
Even though I'm an Iron Maiden fan, I like the fact that the machine has a narrative that is not structured around the band. Lots of potential with Priest for something like that too.

I agree with this. Maiden is the best. Priest could be fantastic.

#14136 3 years ago

enough with the music pins, please stop.

#14137 3 years ago
Quoted from Smurrill1:

absolutely look at my post #14030

#14138 3 years ago

Yes, please stop...

Unless it’s Black Sabbath or Judas Priest

Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

#14139 3 years ago

I could handle black sabbath, but don’t think I could take another yodeling british band pin.

#14140 3 years ago

Brits invented metal, it only makes sense that two of the most important trailblazers of the genre get a pin. Maybe you just don’t like metal...which is fine. Whatever floats ya boat.

Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

I could handle black sabbath, but don’t think I could take another yodeling british band pin.

#14141 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You must not have played those games. Neither one sucks by a long shot.

IMO.

Met, IMDN, AC/DC,GNR, even Aerosmith.

Then you have Beatles and Led Zep, Big names, stripped down games. Few would argue they are in the same league. I only played the LED pro, so maybe the middle spinner adds a whole new dimension.

I guess from a pure playing standpoint anything can be fun. But cost vs. playability, I stand by my statement. The bigger the title, the more lackluster it will be.

#14142 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Yes. It seems like it may have been a puzzle.

That’s puzzling

#14143 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Same could be said about superhero pins

#14144 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Yes, please stop...
Unless it’s Black Sabbath or Judas Priest

No, Van Halen

#14145 3 years ago

Stern Pinball make amazing music pins,
I love all of them and if I had space and money I would own the lot.
I have been thinking about this band for a number of months now and the coincidence of new album made me smile.
Just imagine the High Energy and Awesome art
The Offspring could bring to the Pinball scene !

https://www.nme.com/news/music/the-offspring-announce-their-first-new-album-in-nine-years-let-the-bad-times-roll-2887791?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=the-offspring-announce-their-first-new-album-in-nine-years-let-the-bad-times-roll&amp

https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/the-offspringss-10-best-songs-11127?amp

Some great albums with some incredible high energy tracks, perfect for pinball.

Screenshot_20210225-123916_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210225-123916_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210225-123959_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210225-123959_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210225-124054_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210225-124054_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210225-124133_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210225-124133_Google (resized).jpg
#14146 3 years ago

Would love to see this! I added my concept art/rough sketch---not to scale obviously...friendly critiques/ideas welcome

R88cee33e588fa49386f7f3c029a47ed7 (resized).jpgR88cee33e588fa49386f7f3c029a47ed7 (resized).jpg

Thundercats pinball concept art.pdfThundercats pinball concept art.pdf
#14147 3 years ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Isn't that what Black Sabbath is?

#14148 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Chili peppers would be fun.......cycle through the guitarist battle until they quit, Od, rejoin. There’s a fruscante final wizard mode you can never reach because of covid.

That might be the first music pin I would consider... consider being the operative word

#14149 3 years ago
Quoted from DentalDude88:

Would love to see this! I added my concept art/rough sketch---not to scale obviously...friendly critiques/ideas welcome
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thundercats pin, yessss sir....

#14150 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Stern Pinball make amazing music pins,
I love all of them and if I had space and money I would own the lot.

Even Mick on a Stick? Really?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 12.95
7,998 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 16.50
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 47,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 283 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/283?hl=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.