Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 942.
#1301 6 years ago

I hope it's not Jurassic world bc I really don't feel like buying a NIB pin but I love JP.

#1302 6 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

I cannot imagine Stern doing Deadpool properly. Too vulgar, not family-friendly...unless they make simply turn it into "silly Deadpool". yuk.

They managed to do The Walking Dead properly, dots where awesome and very graphic, artwork packages are not exactly family friendly either, other than the bad hillbilly voice, I think Stern knocked TWD out of the park.

If they take the same approach with Deadpool, graphic but playful graphics on the LCD with the movie footage or fully re drawn screens, get the humour right from the films and some of the comics it would be great, Stern can do this theme justice, but yeah they could always f**k it up too, but TWD shows they are more than capable of doing it justice.

#1303 6 years ago

Presuming Elvira 3 is Expo, so when is Iron Maiden? Next or one after?

#1304 6 years ago

I REALLY hope Stern can do something (ANYTHING really) interesting/different/unique to get my attention.

If we are honest, theme means little to me and is pretty far down the list. Stern seems to be designing/selling 100% based on theme alone and the past few games are pretty boring after the initial excitement of being new wears off.

I hope that they can deliver a fun game with some lasting power that will keep interest for more than 3 months which seems to be the current shelf life.

I hope that Keith brings something new and interesting, I hope Mark Ritchie game comes to light, I hope Steve Ritchie really is doing a non-licensed theme. I long for something new and fresh out of Stern rather than rehashed code foundation and reused layouts and toys all just to fit blockbuster themes that are lackluster after you get beyond the surface.

#1305 6 years ago

Wasn't Iron Maiden supposed to be the next game (ahead of GOTG)? But they rushed GOTG out early due to the Trudeau news and needing to rework the game he had been working on? Or was that just speculation?

#1306 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

They managed to do The Walking Dead properly, dots where awesome and very graphic, artwork packages are not exactly family friendly either, other than the bad hillbilly voice, I think Stern knocked TWD out of the park.
If they take the same approach with Deadpool, graphic but playful graphics on the LCD with the movie footage or fully re drawn screens, get the humour right from the films and some of the comics it would be great, Stern can do this theme justice, but yeah they could always f**k it up too, but TWD shows they are more than capable of doing it justice.

While I tend to agree with you in spirit, please keep in mind that The Walking Dead tv show is rated TV-14 and Deadpool movie is rated R (17 and over in US). There’s a lot more content that makes Deadpool who he is that would have to be censored. Would still like to see it though... and then wait for Cleland’s or other sound files to install.

#1307 6 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Too vulgar, not family-friendly

Sorta like Walking Dead?

#1308 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I REALLY hope Stern can do something (ANYTHING really) interesting/different/unique to get my attention.
If we are honest, theme means little to me and is pretty far down the list. Stern seems to be designing/selling 100% based on theme alone and the past few games are pretty boring after the initial excitement of being new wears off.
I hope that they can deliver a fun game with some lasting power that will keep interest for more than 3 months which seems to be the current shelf life.
I hope that Keith brings something new and interesting, I hope Mark Ritchie game comes to light, I hope Steve Ritchie really is doing a non-licensed theme. I long for something new and fresh out of Stern rather than rehashed code foundation and reused layouts and toys all just to fit blockbuster themes that are lackluster after you get beyond the surface.

So you're looking for something like "Predator"???

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1309 6 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

Wasn't Iron Maiden supposed to be the next game (ahead of GOTG)? But they rushed GOTG out early due to the Trudeau news and needing to rework the game he had been working on? Or was that just speculation?

Iron Maiden is scrapped because of the JT thing. Yes, it was supposed to come out before GoTG.

#1310 6 years ago

Deadpool is based on comic and not the movie.

#1311 6 years ago

Infinity War would be cool, since Avengers kinda sucked. Or Justice League. But, I'm a sucker for comic based themes. Deadpool is acceptable, but I'd probably rather have WW or F4.

There are no bands realistically left after Maiden (and they're questionable).

Edit: Okay, Pink Floyd is still hanging out there (but I'll pass on Zepp).

#1312 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Iron Maiden is scrapped because of the JT thing. Yes, it was supposed to come out before GoTG.

Lets say it was delayed instead, so they can make some adjustments before announcing it

#1313 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Lets say it was delayed instead, so they can make some adjustments before announcing it

Sure. Just don't hold your breath.

Quoted from dfsays:

There are no bands realistically left after Maiden (and they're questionable). Edit: Okay, Pink Floyd is still hanging out there (but I'll pass on Zepp).

Jimi Hendrix with ZY artwork...

#1314 6 years ago

bet jt walks!

#1315 6 years ago

Well teh best thing for everyone involved is if he actually is not guilty, but THAT probability id assume is low, due to the way everything went down. Still. We shall see. Run to the hills.

#1316 6 years ago
Quoted from dfsays:

There are no bands realistically left after Maiden (and they're questionable).
Edit: Okay, Pink Floyd is still hanging out there (but I'll pass on Zepp).

Van Halen.

#1317 6 years ago

Something with pops in the upper right, a left ramp, right ramp, scoop or in lane on the right, a bash toy or 2 in the middle, and 2 flippers. Same crap. Different art.

#1318 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

It's sad as it's not Borg, but Stern as all other designers get one to two years while Borg is putting out two a year. It's not right. When Borg gets time we get Tron, Metallica, and Twd.
On this rushed schedule we get Kiss, Aerosmith, and GOTG which are all way too similar.

John Borg is still my favourite game designer regardless of time constraints. He's the king in my eyes.

#1319 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

It's sad as it's not Borg, but Stern as all other designers get one to two years while Borg is putting out two a year. It's not right. When Borg gets time we get Tron, Metallica, and Twd.
On this rushed schedule we get Kiss, Aerosmith, and GOTG which are all way too similar.

While I agree Borg seems to get rushed at times, there is a good chance GOTG is similar to MET in layout and code (although Lonnie does like to keep his code fairly familiar game to game) because of the JT situation.

Wasn’t the game JT was working on (Iron Maiden) supposed to be next up? It’s possible when that all came to light Stern needed a new game ready for production almost instantly so Borg went with one of his most recent/popular layouts - CAD, tooling, majority of parts etc readily available what with MET still in production, tweaked it as much as he could and that was it time up.

#1320 6 years ago

Although the layout is similar, the mechanisms (Groot), ramps, etc. seem unique to the game and would all require appropriate R&D engineering work, prototyping, and production. However, using a similar layout/design and limiting the number of unique components would save some R&D effort I'm sure.

#1321 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I love TWD. I never watched the show. From what I read, it was more of a generic Zombie theme rather than TWD. I should have clarified by saying "US family-freindly". In the US, violence and gore (mild) is ok, so long as there is no sexual content, nudity or swearing. So the violence in Deadpool is questionable (they would have to tone it down) and pretty much reduce everything else to innuendo (e.g. Elvira). Not entirely bad, but I personally like the edgey, vulgar Deadpool. I don't see Stern showing boobies in a game, or having callouts like ' f*ck sh*t tw*t-waffle'. That's more of a "Spooky thing" and I thank them for it. :p

#1322 6 years ago

So can we expect a CES annoucement?

#1323 6 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Not sure, Stern of the union tomorrow too I think.

Would be nice to know the next title soon as I’m fixing to buy another machine or two!

#1324 6 years ago

I say the Beatles

#1325 6 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Quoted from Psw757:

Not sure, Stern of the union tomorrow too I think.
Would be nice to know the next title soon as I’m fixing to buy another machine or two!

These aligned nicely. I dropped by the booth today, no new games, only bat66, SW and guardians. Which I mostly expected as guardians was JUST released. However the stern of the union will probably bring some code or info on code.

#1326 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

These aligned nicely. I dropped by the booth today, no new games, only bat66, SW and guardians. Which I mostly expected as guardians was JUST released. However the stern of the union will probably bring some code or info on code.

Code is needed !!

#1327 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Code is needed !!

I’d like my gb update! Also excited to see what surprise game updates are coming

#1328 6 years ago

I’d like to have a GB and Aerosmith update soon!

#1329 6 years ago

Also hoping to see an Iron Maiden just like everyone else.

#1330 6 years ago

Wonder Woman

#1331 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Actually this is sounding more possible...

#1332 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Actually this is sounding more possible...

Speaking of delayed, JT's court date was continued AGAIN to 1/18/18.

#1333 6 years ago

What’s everyone’s best guess on when the next machine will be announced?

If it isn’t until TPF which is mid March doesn’t that kind of setup a rather compressed 2018 for rolling out 3-4 new machines?

Being GOTG was Oct 17 I really thought Jan/feb we would know something.

#1334 6 years ago

Iron Maiden is the rumor from the interwebs

#1335 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Iron Maiden is the rumor from the interwebs

I saw that but the thing that has me scratching my head is the rumored Beatles pin which the same people said would be expo maybe sooner.

Assuming Stern has this license, have they ever built two music pins within the same year. Seems odd.

#1336 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I saw that but the thing that has me scratching my head is the rumored Beatles pin which the same people said would be expo maybe sooner.
Assuming Stern has this license, have they ever built two music pins within the same year. Seems odd.

But Beatles is a KAPOW title and that means no pro etc. Supposed to be Expo again just like BM66.

And 80 Beatles SLE at $15000!

Iron Maiden is a regular Stern title.

#1337 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What’s everyone’s best guess on when the next machine will be announced?
If it isn’t until TPF which is mid March doesn’t that kind of setup a rather compressed 2018 for rolling out 3-4 new machines?
Being GOTG was Oct 17 I really thought Jan/feb we would know something.

Stern's pattern over the last few years is to do 2 or 3 main games, not including VE's and boutique pins like Nellie.

If their first game comes out real early in year, then there will be 3 games. If the first game comes out in the Spring, then it's only 2.

Examples:

2012: AC/DC, X-Men, Avengers
2013: Metallica, Star Trek
2014: Mustang, Walking Dead
2015: Wrestlemania, KISS, Game of Thrones
2016: Ghostbusters, Batman '66
2017: Areosmith, Star Wars, Guardians of the Galaxy.

So, unless they announce something soon, It looks like 2018 will be a 2 game year.

#1338 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

But Beatles is a KAPOW title and that means no pro etc. Supposed to be Expo again just like BM66.
And 80 Beatles SLE at $15000!
Iron Maiden is a regular Stern title.

There was a rumor that Kapow was going to do a Yellow Submarine machine but now it appears this machine will not be Yellow Submarine. Would that still be a Kapow then? This was published in one of the threads in the last couple days.

#1339 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

...Would that still be a Kapow then? This was published in one of the threads in the last couple days.

Is posting in a Pinside thread now considered being published?

#1340 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

There was a rumor that Kapow was going to do a Yellow Submarine machine but now it appears this machine will not be Yellow Submarine. Would that still be a Kapow then? This was published in one of the threads in the last couple days.

I could be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure the same internet personality that "reported" it wasn't Yellow Submarine also said it would still be a Kapow title.

#1341 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Is posting in a Pinside thread now considered being published?

Funny.... I hear ya

It was the this week in pinball weekly update. I thought these guys were half decent.

#1342 6 years ago
Quoted from nman:

I could be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure the same internet personality that "reported" it wasn't Yellow Submarine also said it would still be a Kapow title.

I could have been the one that misremembered.

#1343 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Funny.... I hear ya
It was the this week in pinball weekly update. I thought these guys were half decent.

The guys that gave a list of 20 of the latest rumors and said it's probably 2 of them maybe?

#1344 6 years ago

Iron Maiden would be so awesome!
I would buy one for sure, maybe even a limited Edtion
I want all possible Eddie bling

#1345 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Stern's pattern over the last few years is to do 2 or 3 main games, not including VE's and boutique pins like Nellie.
If their first game comes out real early in year, then there will be 3 games. If the first game comes out in the Spring, then it's only 2.
Examples:
2012: AC/DC, X-Men, Avengers
2013: Metallica, Star Trek
2014: Mustang, Walking Dead
2015: Wrestlemania, KISS, Game of Thrones
2016: Ghostbusters, Batman '66
2017: Areosmith, Star Wars, Guardians of the Galaxy.
So, unless they announce something soon, It looks like 2018 will be a 2 game year.

Interesting trend, though I wonder if they'd really only do two "main games" in a year now that their new production facility is fully armed and operational?

#1346 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Interesting trend, though I wonder if they'd really only do two "main games" in a year now that their new production facility is fully armed and operational?

Stern clearly still has organizational and operational problems to solve after the move. It's been one issue after another since they moved. They're not out of the woods yet.

#1347 6 years ago

It's looking like a 2 game year, with the first game at TPF.

We know one of them is Elvira, from a rare case of pre-announcement from the designers.

We just don't know if it's the Spring game, or the Fall.

#1348 6 years ago

Elvira wont be until 2019

#1349 6 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Elvira wont be until 2019

Nope. 2018.

#1350 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Our goal is 60% decent.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,200 (OBO)
$ 12.95
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 18.95
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 90.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 23.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Playfield - Other
FlipMods

€ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 47,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/27?hl=normscoffee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.