balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
birds (resized).png
NUWX.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 272 of 923.
#13551 3 years ago

I wonder if it's a VE what the likely candidates are? SAM/Spike1/Spike2 ? Something that hasn't been vaulted? Walking Dead, Ghost Busters, Aerosmith, etc...

#13552 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I wonder if it's a VE what the likely candidates are? SAM/Spike1/Spike2 ? Something that hasn't been vaulted? Walking Dead, Ghost Busters, Aerosmith, etc...

Please be KISS Premium or LOTR or Tron.

No more Star Trek or Iron Man please.

#13553 3 years ago

If it’s LOTR vault there goes my tax refund.

#13554 3 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

If it’s LOTR vault there goes my tax refund.

Same here... LOTR vault would be an instant buy

#13556 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

LOTR or Tron would be good!

Those may be the ones that most are hoping for...But I have a feeling it won't be either.

#13557 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Those may be the ones that most are hoping for...But I have a feeling it won't be either.

Dang - here’s to hoping

#13558 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Another Rock pin?

Unfortunately Rush is coming before Sabbath. Grrrrrrr. Still praying for dec 2021 Sabbath but looking grim.

#13559 3 years ago

Hoping for Sabbath too!!

#13560 3 years ago

Well we are getting close. Should we take bets?

#13561 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I don't know the next cornerstone game, but seems like Godzilla is a good bet. Rumor has a VE next, but not 100% sure which game. BTTF is not happening ever from what I hear.

Not necessarily bad news, if Stern won’t do BTTF it would be crazy for another manufacturer not to pick up the licence with the demand and popularity of the licence, when fans drop 15k on a pair of Nikes they will drop 10k on a pinball.

JJP, AP snap this licence up pronto and get it made! If you wanna follow up GnR and Toy Story with something equally as loved as Toy Story BTTF is it!

#13562 3 years ago
Forbidden (resized).jpgForbidden (resized).jpg
#13563 3 years ago

For you Black Sabbath boosters, do you have a game concept in mind?

Can we mix Ozzy & Dio?

#13564 3 years ago

So the announcement would be when? Early March, which is 3 mos. after Zeppelin?

#13565 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Stern won’t do BTTF

BTTF is a tough license. Even the first game couldn't have M J Fox on the backglass. Even though I have heard it will never happen, you really can never say never. Definitely not a theme for me either way.

#13566 3 years ago

Suicidal Tendencies, with Classic color DMD, not the new shitty tv screen where my translite should be...

#13567 3 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Can we mix Ozzy & Dio?

There's about a less than zero chance the licensor would allow them to do that. All of the current Black Sabbath merch is like, "Dio who?"

https://blacksabbathapparelshop.com/

#13568 3 years ago

I would think BTTF would be easier to secure than you might think.
MJF could send royalties to his foundation and the other actors aren’t exactly A List and could probably use the cash. It’s not like someone is putting their likenesses on the head of a a Pez dispenser for goodness sake.... it’s pinball!

#13569 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Not necessarily bad news, if Stern won’t do BTTF it would be crazy for another manufacturer not to pick up the licence with the demand and popularity of the licence, when fans drop 15k on a pair of Nikes they will drop 10k on a pinball.
JJP, AP snap this licence up pronto and get it made! If you wanna follow up GnR and Toy Story with something equally as loved as Toy Story BTTF is it!

I would love JJP to take a crack at BTTF. It doesn't appear that Stern wants to revisit that theme anyway.

#13570 3 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Can we mix Ozzy & Dio?

BLACK SABBATH concepts:
Anything that will compete with IMDN

#13571 3 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

BLACK SABBATH concepts:
Anything that will compete with IMDN

https://www.nme.com/news/music/bruce-dickinson-dismisses-infamous-ozzy-osbourne-feud-storm-teacup-2152552

I'd be down for some kind of narrative stitched together with War Pigs, The Wizard, Iron Man, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, etc.

Doubt Fairies Wear Boots or Snowblind will make it in.

#13572 3 years ago

I thought there was a long standing vault rumor for TWD comic book art edition? Perhaps a slight code update including some new dots & modes from later seasons?

The show jumped the shark a long time ago, but the game & lyman code is a winner IMO. I'm sure it would sell well.

EDIT: Also like to add that TWD comic was published in B&W, so the game could have a unique "centaur" look to it. Add in some well placed red blood highlights, then the red DMD dots would pop on it.

#13573 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I thought there was a long standing vault rumor for TWD comic book art edition? Perhaps a slight code update including some new dots & modes from later seasons?
The show jumped the shark a long time ago, but the game & lyman code is a winner IMO. I'm sure it would sell well.

I would buy that in a heartbeat.

#13574 3 years ago

I don't think bttf is that difficult of a license. Plus MJ Fox's likeness has been used for a lot of stuff recently. I personally spoke with Bob Gale about 3 or 4 years ago suggesting a pinball machine revisit. I told him Jersey Jack would be a great way to go to go in terms of fan service in theme integration. While I have no sway or relationship with Bob, I know he was taking notes and asking questions. I followed up with Jersey Jack in an e-mail that it would be a good time to reach out to him. I never got a response, although I'm hoping if it comes to fruition somehow I get a discount or something, as there's no way I can pony up for a NIB!

#13575 3 years ago
Quoted from bobwiley:

I never got a response, although I'm hoping if it comes to fruition somehow I get a discount or something, as there's no way I can pony up for a NIB!

You can do it! Start saving now and if JJP releases it you will be ready. If they don't you will at least have funds for a different pin

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13576 3 years ago

I read a while back that MJF had no idea about the pin at the time DE approached his agent and his agent never passed it on as he felt MJF was to big at time? Probably all that endorsement off Pepsi and Nike at the time.

He would definitely give his likeness now especially if Stern or JJP approached with an incentive or involvement/promotion for his foundation. Add 500 bucks to each LE and stern donate a $1000 from all “880” LEs, probably give his likeness for free.

#13577 3 years ago

All this talk of Comic editions. I don't think Welk will be a comic edition. But that's an interesting thought.

#13578 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

All this talk of Comic editions. I don't think Welk will be a comic edition. But that's an interesting thought.

As long as Stern makes the pin simulate going to a Welk concert or show taping, I’m in. The comic angle will work fine, since most people hardly recognize Lawrence anymore. Biggest unanswered question is whether Stern will limit the Welk pin to 10 full length songs or will they play all the hits? Also, will they hire Welk to record custom speech?

#13579 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I would think BTTF would be easier to secure than you might think.
MJF could send royalties to his foundation and the other actors aren’t exactly A List and could probably use the cash. It’s not like someone is putting their likenesses on the head of a a Pez dispenser for goodness sake.... it’s pinball!

agreed, plus all of them are retired now, cool dudes and I think they would be thrilled by having the theme used in a modern pinball.

#13580 3 years ago

I always wonder why Marvel's WOLVERINE isn't mentioned more often?

I mean, he's only the most badass comic book character of all-time, not to mention his movies also made into the billions -- although granted, I'd prefer a Marvel Comics WOLVERINE pin, rather than a movie one -- basically like DEADPOOL but have Wolvie as the lead. I think it's a no-brainer, unless there are issues with licensing that I'm not aware of?

#13581 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Van Halen works!!

VH would be great!!! Especially now with Eddie RIP. Wouldn’t mind seeing The Cars ... not sure if overall appeal though. RUSH???

#13582 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

You never know...
B77ACCF5-443A-43A7-A9D6-8CCCA9075369 (resized).jpegB77ACCF5-443A-43A7-A9D6-8CCCA9075369 (resized).jpeg

2095DE23-6F54-4B01-A625-D5BC0D1889FA (resized).jpeg2095DE23-6F54-4B01-A625-D5BC0D1889FA (resized).jpeg
#13583 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

As long as Stern makes the pin simulate going to a Welk concert or show taping, I’m in. The comic angle will work fine, since most people hardly recognize Lawrence anymore. Biggest unanswered question is whether Stern will limit the Welk pin to 10 full length songs or will they play all the hits? Also, will they hire Welk to record custom speech?

They can probably do some magic and utilize old recordings to make up the speech. Otherwise as typical with Stern they can use voice actors that are pretty close and sound authentic enough.

I don't think they will do Comic art to start with. Maybe if they run a Vault Edition later they may tap using Comic Artwork.

#13584 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

They can probably do some magic and utilize old recordings to make up the speech. Otherwise as typical with Stern they can use voice actors that are pretty close and sound authentic enough.
I don't think they will do Comic art to start with. Maybe if they run a Vault Edition later they may tap using Comic Artwork.

Agree - no Welk comic art.
Called my distro and asked to put me down for a LE when/if it comes out.

#13585 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Agree - no Welk comic art.
Called my distro and asked to put me down for a LE when/if it comes out.

Is Welk the code name for something? If not, are you serious?

Are you actually talking about this?! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lawrence_Welk_Show

I think I missed something...

#13586 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Are you actually talking about this?! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lawrence_Welk_Show

They're messing with you. It's obviously code for the only other famous accordion player, Weird Al Yankovic.
(jk, but a Weird Al table would be a ton of fun!)

#13587 3 years ago
Quoted from Hopdog:

They're messing with you. It's obviously code for the only other famous accordion player, Weird Al Yankovic.
(jk, but a Weird Al table would be a ton of fun!)

Oh good! Because if Stern did do a Welk pin it would mean they totally ran out of ideas.

#13588 3 years ago

Some have been duped that Stern is not doing BTTF, because they are. Joe Kamikow did it once before and he still has the license connections and will do it again with Stern. He’s hinted it on several occasions already. Stern will do a good job with such a stellar license. They have the teams to do it. I’ve already put in my order.

No way would Stern allow BTTF license to go to any of the other small manufacturers.

#13589 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Isn’t ZY rumored to be doing the Welk comic artwork already?

Heard Jerry Thompson is already working on Welks champagne music catalog being installed in the Welk machine. Rumored to have full musical Welk catalog, exceeding GNRs 21 song effort.

#13590 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Welk is supposedly Stern's code name for Back To The Future (BTTF)

#13591 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Welk is supposedly Stern's code name for Back To The Future (BTTF)

Thanks. That makes a ton more sense. With some of the 'serious' theme requests I have seen on here I can never be sure LOL

#13592 3 years ago

How did the code name Welk become known? And how is it tied to BTTF?

#13593 3 years ago

I would love a Cool Hand Luke pinball.

#13594 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballAlley:

I would love a Cool Hand Luke pinball.

Dig holes.
Fill holes.
Eat eggs.
Get shot.

In.

#13595 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Dig holes.
Fill holes.
Eat eggs.
Get shot.

LEWD!

#13596 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You could put the Lovely Lennon Sisters on the topper and have them blow bubbles...all for just $333 per sister!

Wan't bubbles the name of their dog?

#13597 3 years ago

Can someone tell me exactly what a Vault Edition means? Is it just a remake? Does it include any upgrades?

#13598 3 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Can someone tell me exactly what a Vault Edition means? Is it just a remake? Does it include any upgrades?

It’s basically a rerun of a popular game. Usually with new art and animations and call outs etc. Check out a Spider-Man and a spider man vault for a good example.

#13599 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

How did the code name Welk become known? And how is it tied to BTTF?

Maybe the date/era when much of when BTTF was set was about the time Welk was on TV - or maybe it is the Enchantment Under the Sea dance - or talent competition that Marty was in - or something else maybe

By the way, I still think one of the funniest moments in the movie is when Huey Lewis said "I'm afraid you're just too darn loud"
And I still love that the name of Marty's band is the Pinheads LOL

#13600 3 years ago

"Maybe the date/era when much of when BTTF was set was about the time Welk was on TV - or maybe it is the Enchantment Under the Sea dance - or talent competition that Marty was in - or something else maybe."

...Exactly what I was thinking. But I still believe it is likely Welk is just a few pinsiders having fun at our expense.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod
Decorations
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mclean, VA
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 24.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms
Hardware
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
There are 46,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 272 of 923.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/272?hl=mthirkell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.