Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,862 posts in this topic. You are on page 262 of 938.
#13051 3 years ago

Anyone know the next design teams release order, even if you don't know the themes.

Could Stern do another Adans Family or too hard to get.

Thanks

#13052 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Beastie Boys would be awesome, as far a funk themed pin Parliament Funkadelic would be my top choice. I almost re-themed a Royal Rumble as Funkadelic...with the upper playfield ring becoming the mothership. Would be such an amazing theme for pinball especially if it utilized original Pedro Bell / Stozo artwork
[quoted image]

Or do a pin for Mike Judge's Tales from the Tour Bus, which covers a bunch of bands. Season 1 was country, season 2 was funk. In two seasons there was only maybe one or two dud episodes (and I am NOT a country fan). The Bootsy Collins episode was GREAT,

#13053 3 years ago

I'd love to see Stern take on South Park or Book of Mormon. Mormon would be much harder considering the original cast is all elsewhere now, still would be a unique theme in a genre that is basically non-existent in pinball.

South Park is a short list of "dream theme's" for me, but I don't care for the original. Hope it can get the necessary upgrade that GNR, Simpsons, and TMNT all got their second time around.

#13054 3 years ago
Quoted from Grossp59:

I'd love to see Stern take on South Park or Book of Mormon. Mormon would be much harder considering the original cast is all elsewhere now, still would be a unique theme in a genre that is basically non-existent in pinball.

Book of Mormon is hilarious and really just a skin for a south park episode, but has there ever been a religious-themed pin? I'm not counting unproduced CONCEPTS like Ben Heck's and Deeproot's.

#13055 3 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

What is it with all the music pins? Don't get me wrong, there is tons of bands that I would not mind, but can it not be more creative than that?
Let's look at the top ten pins ever....ain't many music pins on that list.

They sell plain and simple. I would wager the majority of the top selling pins in past 15 years are rock band themes.

#13056 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Or do a pin for Mike Judge's Tales from the Tour Bus, which covers a bunch of bands. Season 1 was country, season 2 was funk. In two seasons there was only maybe one or two dud episodes (and I am NOT a country fan). The Bootsy Collins episode was GREAT,

I loved that series! Almost everyone I talked to about it hadn’t heard of it and wasn’t aware it was even on.
Not sure it translates to pinball but it’s quality TV!
Mike Judge is a Genius!

#13057 3 years ago

To be honest I don't really chase what the next upcoming theme is. Some good ideas mentioned here for sure. But I'm not the type of buyer who's willing to drop $7500+ on a single game.

But I have my grail themes that might get me to pull the trigger & I'm just patiently waiting. Pinball seriously needs to get back to embracing it's late 70s & early 80s Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Horror roots IMO. But any of these would suit me....

MAD MAX
TOHO GODZILLA
PLANET OF THE APES
BLADE RUNNER
BRUCE LEE
THEY LIVE
THE THING
EVIL DEAD
HAMMER FILMS HORROR

But theme alone won't get me to buy. For me it MUST be Keith Elwin on design & a good artist to match. Then I'm in. Until then I can wait.

#13058 3 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I loved that series! Almost everyone I talked to about it hadn’t heard of it and wasn’t aware it was even on.
Not sure it translates to pinball but it’s quality TV!
Mike Judge is a Genius!

I'm kind of pissed there hasn't been a season 3. Both the first two seasons were brilliant. The animation is simple, so it could easily be fleshed out so it's less about the people talking and more the recreation of the actual insane events for a pin's modes. I mean, George Clinton and his crew did so much LSD over decades that it *stopped working*. They found the outer edge of LSD. That's CRAZY. So much good stuff in there.

#13059 3 years ago

Scarface
Braveheart
Pearl Jam
Mad Max
Goonies
BTTF

#13060 3 years ago

Super big fan of the Eagles - great band. Not sure what the rules/theme could be? Hope we are pleasantly surprised. Absolutely love their music. Hope this happens.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

An Eagles pin? Hmmm, maybe it could be the first music pin to buy? Main mech: Hotel Cali trapping balls till the end of the game, unless you bash them out the front door? Another Eagle/Monkey mech, where the eagle carries the ball to it’s upper nest?

#13061 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Super big fan of the Eagles - great band. Not sure what the rules/theme could be? Hope we are pleasantly surprised. Absolutely love their music. Hope this happens.

Peaceful easy feeling multiball would be awesome !
All joking aside to me it’s the themes that I don’t dream of that I seem to enjoy the most. Maybe expectations are too high on the grail themes.

After Maiden was released I try to tell myself to never form an opinion about a new pin before playing it. I was only familiar with a couple of their songs and hadn’t heard them in almost 30 years. Really enjoy playing the game even though I don’t love the music.

Howdy neighbor! I see you live right up the road in North Wales which is next to Hatfield....Home of The Smiling Porker!

#13062 3 years ago

Likely a re-skin I imagine for the Eagles. And a jacked-up price to pay the licence and Ka-Pow.
If they had the Hotel California album cover as artwork that would be a good looking translite.

#13063 3 years ago

Toho Godzilla
BTTF
Connery 007
Vault LOTR
Spaceballs
Jonny Quest

#13064 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Likely a re-skin I imagine for the Eagles. And a jacked-up price to pay the licence and Ka-Pow.
If they had the Hotel California album cover as artwork that would be a good looking translite.

I could see Zeppelin being the new Stern “re-skin” base model - simple generic design, easily rethemed with no physical integration except the zeppelin which can easily be swapped out for something else, and most importantly for Stern, cheap to produce.

#13065 3 years ago

Eagles will be the theme that puts Stern out of business haha. Don’t do it Stern!!!

#13066 3 years ago

Time to revisit NFL also!

#13067 3 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

Time to revisit NFL also!

I dont think Stern is in any rush to make another sports theme.

#13068 3 years ago

What month is the next release typically? I know what themes we are wanting but any solid leads yet on the next title?

#13069 3 years ago

I heard they might be doing Back to the Future next which would be awesome ( heard it from the same person who got Zepplin right I think he has some connections) Next Music theme I heard is Pink Floyd
I would love a Batman the Animated series (90s cartoon) love the art style
I also wouldn't mind a G1 transformers vault / new machine (I would have to go in debt for that one )

#13070 3 years ago
Quoted from dondon4720:

I heard they might be doing Back to the Future next which would be awesome ( heard it from the same person who got Zepplin right I think he has some connections) Next Music theme I heard is Pink Floyd
I also wouldn't mind a G1 transformers vault / new machine (I would have to go in debt for that one )

I hope your friend is right about BTTF!

#13071 3 years ago

Did someone mention the Eagles ??

9C878C3C-87B1-4113-A161-56A0D6F6B405 (resized).jpeg9C878C3C-87B1-4113-A161-56A0D6F6B405 (resized).jpeg

#13072 3 years ago

Black Sabbath is who you want.

EC7DF407-383C-48C6-A710-1D85BE78F4A9.jpegEC7DF407-383C-48C6-A710-1D85BE78F4A9.jpeg

#13073 3 years ago

Tool could be the best visual game of all time. Expand on that screen from Stranger Things.

Smashing Pumpkins would kick ass if they keep it to the first 2 albums and a few from Mellon Collie.

The Doors I could rock out to all day long. The end is a perfect Wizard mode song

White stripes would be nonstop head bopping guitar and drums and could make an amazing red white and black themed pin. Load with songs since they are so short.

Lego is a theme you could crush mods with

Daft Punk and do a disco club feel similar to GnR lightship would be so sweet!

Fifth Element is a must. Too much to work with not to do a pin.

#13074 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Black Sabbath is who you want.
[quoted image]

Ozzy's solo career can certainly stand on its own as a pinball theme, but it's an entirely separate entity from Sabbath. Sure have a few Sabbath tracks in it, but...

...if they do a Black Sabbath pin, I would hope Ozzy only makes up, at most, 1/4 of the band imagery. Would like to see other line-ups/albums acknowledged, but thats probably a long shot.

#13075 3 years ago
Quoted from DarlingLuci:

How would people feel about a boondocks or aqua teen hunger force theme? Both are Semi-modern and have strong music options and flexible animated themes that shouldn't have super high licensing fees leaving room for a decent BOM.

The what and the what? No idea what those are.

#13076 3 years ago

Please yes. Would be the only music themed pin I'd ever buy.

#13077 3 years ago
Quoted from DarlingLuci:

How would people feel about a boondocks or aqua teen hunger force theme? Both are Semi-modern and have strong music options and flexible animated themes that shouldn't have super high licensing fees leaving room for a decent BOM.

Quoted from mdeslaur:

The what and the what? No idea what those are.

BOM is to high for Stern to do "Master shake adventures":

While Boondocks is funny, that is far to controversial for Stern.

#13078 3 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

BOM is to high for Stern to do "Master shake adventures":

While Boondocks is funny, that is far to controversial for Stern.

Love that episode. Here is a virtual pin I found too.

#13079 3 years ago

A Pink Floyd pin would be insane and a instant purchase for me. Fingers crossed that this rumor is true.

#13080 3 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

A Pink Floyd pin would be insane and a instant purchase for me. Fingers crossed that this rumor is true.

I can see that being made and Black Sabbath eventually.

#13081 3 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

If they based it on the movie and stuck to the wall it could be crazy. I just wish they had a designer and bom that could do it justice.

#13082 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

If they based it on the movie and stuck to the wall it could be crazy. I just wish they had a designer and bom that could do it justice.

I would want more assets than just the wall in it. Love the movie though, still watch it regularly.

#13083 3 years ago

I hope they do a Pink Floyd pin, then I will have some more time saving for BTTF
Prices are just ridiculous now with 25% extra import tax thanks to Trump

#13084 3 years ago

A pin based on the first Terminator movie could be sweet. I know we've had T2 and T3, but the first one has a totally different atmosphere from the later movies. IMO, it's closer to Alien in tone than to its sequels.

136096342_156950219267063_1214799650628132765_n (resized).jpg136096342_156950219267063_1214799650628132765_n (resized).jpg
#13085 3 years ago
Quoted from Inpw:

A pin based on the first Terminator movie could be sweet. I know we've had T2 and T3, but the first one has a totally different atmosphere from the later movies. IMO, it's closer to Alien in tone than to its sequels.
[quoted image]

Just to let you know a T1 pin already exists to an extent. Check this pin out World Defender
Figured this out as I recently bought a Laser Cue which uses the exact same playfield. Sounds like it was failed license attempt. Would love to get my hands on one though to go next to my Laser Cue.

I completely agree though T1 had an entirely different feel to it. I myself would love to see Critters pinball done. I mean what would a better theme than evil round black critters from outer space. Or Gremlins would have been cool too. Or ....Hellraiser!

220px-Crittersposter (resized).jpg220px-Crittersposter (resized).jpg773faefe161cb68eb51df668c2fa2bb048be9609 (resized).jpg773faefe161cb68eb51df668c2fa2bb048be9609 (resized).jpgthe-terminator_592x299 (resized).jpgthe-terminator_592x299 (resized).jpg
#13086 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Here is a virtual pin I found too

That ramp in that picture looks cool and gave me the idea of a "Continuous ramp for future games?" A through ramp that does not feed to the slings or a drop but rather two separate switches to register each entrance point. I have seen smaller u shaped ones but not one like that. Got me thinking

#13087 3 years ago

Also had the idea that Stern needs to implement add a ball again. Ever been near wizard mode and you drain on last ball and practically lose your shit. Add a ball in certain games would be a welcomed addition for me again-just need one more ball!

#13088 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

That ramp in that picture looks cool and gave me the idea of a "Continuous ramp for future games?" A through ramp that does not feed to the slings or a drop but rather two separate switches to register each entrance point. I have seen smaller u shaped ones but not one like that. Got me thinking

I'd like to see them make more/better use of what is normally wasted space. For example, Mousin Around has the mouse hole that goes behind the back of the playfield. Seems like the left side of the apron area could be used for something too. And on most machines the far back left and right corners are often empty since the outer loops tend go around there.

A small thing that WhiteWater did well was using a wire-form to plunge the ball to the upper playfield. This made extra room for playfield area, as the lower playfield could make use of the area underneath the wire-form. Most games end up using a big chunk of real-estate just to have a shooter lane to the top of the machine.

#13089 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I'd like to see them make more/better use of what is normally wasted space

Bring back subways-big time. I love the subway on Ghostbusters, need more subways!

#13090 3 years ago
Quoted from dondon4720:

Yes! Pink Floyd would make my savings account "Comfortably Numb."

#13091 3 years ago

Eagles - I hate the fuckin Eagles

Pink Floyd - 1 thumbs up - potential buyer

Black Sabbath - 2 thumbs up and 1 woodie - definite buyer if not messed up. Prefer JJP make this one.

#13092 3 years ago

Since a lot of familys are locked at home, stern would be smart to drop a family friendly theme

Smurfs, something disney, muppets,.........

#13093 3 years ago

Save Pink Floyd for Jersey Jack ! (Sorry!)

#13094 3 years ago

Pink Floyd would be insane, but could Stern do it justice?

#13095 3 years ago
Quoted from JustinJohnson:

Just to let you know a T1 pin already exists to an extent. Check this pin out World Defender
Figured this out as I recently bought a Laser Cue which uses the exact same playfield. Sounds like it was failed license attempt. Would love to get my hands on one though to go next to my Laser Cue.
I completely agree though T1 had an entirely different feel to it. I myself would love to see Critters pinball done. I mean what would a better theme than evil round black critters from outer space. Or Gremlins would have been cool too. Or ....Hellraiser!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, that's pretty blatant! Didn't know that one.

#13096 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Since a lot of familys are locked at home, stern would be smart to drop a family friendly theme
Smurfs, something disney, muppets,.........

They JUST did TMNT and did it WELL (which is not a sure thing with Stern).

#13097 3 years ago

I love the Floyd but fail to see how they transfer to a pin? Not enough energy.

#13098 3 years ago

BTTF or anything MCU/Marvel related are about the only themes that would be a must buy for me now.

Very happy with my current collection and fast running out of space, well I already have.

So from now on a new game has to be a killer theme or just an outright awesome shooter, so Elwin next game is my only worry at the minute.

#13099 3 years ago

Guesses?

Screenshot_20210122-184917 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210122-184917 (resized).png
#13100 3 years ago

It’s just a picture of one of their distributors headquarters in Europe. Not a hint drop

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

9,600 (OBO)
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,862 posts in this topic. You are on page 262 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/262 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.