Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 260 of 938.
#12951 3 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

If they ever get the licensing situation handled between the creator and the writer, I think Friday the 13th pin would be great. I would also get the guy who did the artwork for the boxset to do the artwork.
[quoted image]

Not a bad idea - more horror themes would be nice to see.

Also, the art looks good - but Stern does have some great artists now, and I am sure they would do a great job with that.

#12952 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Ultimately, I don't see why Stern cant take a chance every now and again though.

Striker Extreme.

#12953 3 years ago

How about a Tenacious D pin? The pro model can be called the tribute model. Not the greatest pinball machine in the world but a tribute.

7706B425-DEDE-4887-81DB-2CB02826739A (resized).jpeg7706B425-DEDE-4887-81DB-2CB02826739A (resized).jpeg
#12954 3 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

WIlliams/Bally accomplishments....I don't see Stern on the top selling list....
1. The Addams Family (20,270 produced plus 1000 gold editions later on, Midway Manufacturing Company - trade name: Bally 1992)
2. Eight Ball (20,230 produced, Bally Manufacturing Corporation 1977)
3. Flash (19,505 produced, Williams Electronics 1979)
4. Playboy (18,250 produced, Bally Manufacturing Corporation 1978)
5. Firepower (17,410 produced, Williams Electronics 1980)
6. High Speed (17,080 produced, Williams Electronics Games 1986)
7. KISS (17,000 produced, Bally Manufacturing Corporation 1979)
8. Star Trek (16,842 produced, Bally Manufacturing Corporation 1979)
9. Mata Hari (16,260 produced, Bally Manufacturing Corporation 1978)
10. Capt. Fantastic and the Dirt Brown Cowboy (16,155 produced, Bally Manufacturing Corporation 1976)
11. Twilight Zone (15,235 produced, Midway Manufacturing Company trade name: Bally 1993)

Great games, mostly original themes. Still out of business, thats the point.

#12955 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

How about a Tenacious D pin? The pro model can be called the tribute model. Not the greatest pinball machine in the world but a tribute.

best post in this thread. there would be a smaller flippersomewhere, for kg.

#12956 3 years ago

Just do the obvious n get it over with

AA723D20-AFAB-4128-91CE-E3D42DE5C0F4 (resized).jpegAA723D20-AFAB-4128-91CE-E3D42DE5C0F4 (resized).jpeg
#12957 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Your dream might not be as far fetched as you think......

Quoted from Mark1971:

LOTR Vault is coming soon and it will have an LCD screen, Stern has finished the video coding. Its coming soon gents and its going to be great.

Do we really know for sure and if there is some insider info then any truth to the BTTF rumour/possibility??

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#12958 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

How about a Tenacious D pin?

Oh man, this could be great! Especially with custom call outs from Jack Black and Kyle Gass and more of an Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle style approach instead of the typical "band" pin/jukebox approach.

#12959 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Striker Extreme.

Literally 2 decades ago though... And it's not like they weren't releasing plenty of other duds at the time as well.

#12960 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Literally 2 decades ago though... And it's not like they weren't releasing plenty of other duds at the time as well.

Releasing an unlicensed title in 2021 is as bad of an idea in 2001.

#12961 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Releasing an unlicensed title in 2021 is as bad of an idea in 2001.

Is it?

#12962 3 years ago

Lotta pinball happening in the trailer for the new Nick Cage flick ‘Willy’s Wonderland’.

Looks....ridiculous, and awesome in a dumb way

#12963 3 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

If they ever get the licensing situation handled between the creator and the writer, I think Friday the 13th pin would be great. I would also get the guy who did the artwork for the boxset to do the artwork.
[quoted image]

Have you watched the movie since you were 12? It is seriously one of the worst movies ever made. Dead serious.

#12964 3 years ago

It’s bad, yes...and there are 12 of them. And they are ALL bad and I DEFINITELY want a Friday 13th pin haha.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Have you watched the movie since you were 12? It is seriously one of the worst movies ever made. Dead serious.

#12965 3 years ago

It might be a year or two too early for this, but if any of the manufacturers decided to put out a game based on WEED, it'd pull in a whole new younger audience. They would walk into the barcade, see the giant leaf on the translite....just like a magnet to so many millions of kids out there.

So many modes to imagine....

#12966 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It’s bad, yes...and there are 12 of them. And they are ALL bad and I DEFINITELY want a Friday 13th pin haha.

And for the younger set....'The Ring'

#12967 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

It might be a year or two too early for this, but if any of the manufacturers decided to put out a game based on WEED, it'd pull in a whole new younger audience. They would walk into the barcade, see the giant leaf on the translite....just like a magnet to so many millions of kids out there.

I think the closest you’ll get to that is a Snoop Dog pin but I don’t see any of these manufacturers taking a chance on hip hop anytime soon.

#12968 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

I like your idea but how about

Cheech & Chong !

#12969 3 years ago
Quoted from riverinapinball:

I like your idea but how about
Cheech & Chong !

THAT could be almost as great as Three Stooges. And, it has a built in mode ready to go with this bit from Nice Dreams.

#12970 3 years ago

Back to the Future.
Top Gun. The new Maverick works also.
Goonies.

Jaws would be huge..

#12971 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I think the closest you’ll get to that is a Snoop Dog pin but I don’t see any of these manufacturers taking a chance on hip hop anytime soon.

I mostly agree other than I think a Beastie Boys in inevitable. They are dad rock adjacent and there are plenty of collectors saying they’d want it.

#12972 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I mostly agree other than I think a Beastie Boys in inevitable. They are dad rock adjacent and there are plenty of collectors saying they’d want it.

Yeah I almost said except Bessie Boys but I think the BB license might be hard to get so I’m not going to hold my breath.

#12973 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Yeah I almost said except Bessie Boys but I think the BB license might be hard to get so I’m not going to hold my breath.

Beastie Boys pop in in lots of movies and tv series which leads me to believe they cant be too pricey or hard to deal with. Heck intergalactic has been in a few kids movies.

#12974 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I think it might be hard just because of how many licenses the Beastie Boys used on some of their tracks. Paul’s Boutique came out before sampling a hundred other songs was cost prohibitive.

I assume Stern would have to work with all of those artists as well, much like Slash having to ask McCartney for a favor to put Live or Let Die in JJP GNR

But they still have plenty of hits that aren’t heavily sampled and show up in all kinds of shows, movies, and such.

I’m also of the opinion that any hip hop game needs turn table spinner toys, but I think most people hate disc spinners. Maybe if it was a self contained mech like Dr Dude or Stern POTC. But it would be endlessly complaining if it was in the center of the playfield like TMNT or Beatles.

#12975 3 years ago

Yeah an upper playfield that looked like a turn table with two spinning discs could be way fun.

#12976 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I think it might be hard just because of how many licenses the Beastie Boys used on some of their tracks. Paul’s Boutique came out before sampling a hundred other songs was cost prohibitive.
I assume Stern would have to work with all of those artists as well, much like Slash having to ask McCartney for a favor to put Live or Let Die in JJP GNR
But they still have plenty of hits that aren’t heavily sampled and show up in all kinds of shows, movies, and such.
I’m also of the opinion that any hip hop game needs turn table spinner toys, but I think most people hate disc spinners. Maybe if it was a self contained mech like Dr Dude or Stern POTC. But it would be endlessly complaining if it was in the center of the playfield like TMNT or Beatles.

If I remember right Beastie Boys cleared Paul's Boutique after the fact (for like $250k?) according to that recent documentary. That would make the licensing of the songs with samples "normal."

#12977 3 years ago

Hail to the king baby. Make me some Evil Dead pinball.

Army_of_Darkness_poster (resized).jpgArmy_of_Darkness_poster (resized).jpg
#12978 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Back to the Future.
Top Gun. The new Maverick works also.
Goonies.
Jaws would be huge..

I have Goonies stickers all over my Stranger Things pin. Someone said it was their code name for it. Would love a Goonies.

#12979 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I have Goonies stickers all over my Stranger Things pin. Someone said it was their code name for it. Would love a Goonies.

Goonies has a lot to offer. I think we might be heading toward a Bond game. I am not a big Bond guy.

#12980 3 years ago

If Stern does Bond I wonder if it would just be set in the universe of Bond instead of a particular Bond (lol to people who think they’d do all the Bonds). Sorta like how Stern JP is kind of its own original story in that universe.

Bond could be fun if it has some interesting gadget/mechs.

The match screen should obviously be the gun barrel panning around until they’re shot and a bloody match number comes down.

#12981 3 years ago

Stern will never make Beastie Boys.

Elvis
Rolling Stones
Metallica
ACDC
Aerosmith
Led Zeppelin
Iron Maiden
Beatles

Maybe Eagles.

Nothing there to suggest beasties would even be on the radar.

#12982 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Elvis
Rolling Stones
Metallica
ACDC
Aerosmith
Led Zeppelin
Iron Maiden
Maybe Eagles.

They’re going to run out of major dad rock bands soon enough...

Like I said. They’re dad rock adjacent. They’re the safe bet for a hip hop pin. People repeatedly saying Iron Maiden willed it into existence. There are a ton of people asking for Beastie Boys

I’m indifferent, but I recognize how popular they still are.

#12983 3 years ago

I’m hoping for a good family theme. Something young kids can get into.

#12984 3 years ago

Side note still hoping for a warp tour machine. All the awesome music can add skating to the theme

#12985 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Elvis
Rolling Stones
Metallica
ACDC
Aerosmith
Led Zeppelin
Iron Maiden
Maybe Eagles.

Gotta disagree here. Remember when Metallica was announced? I never ever thought Stern would do a theme like that. And then Maiden, who were popular in Europe and the US, but I think many never thought that pin would be made. Beastie Boys are about as "main stream" rap as you can get. It would be stepping outside of the box for Stern, but they've done it before.

#12986 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

It doesn't get much more family-friendly theme-wise than TMNT, and that's factory fresh to you right now.

Marilyn Manson has a ton of iconography over the years that would be rich source material for a pin. 50 million+ albums sold is nothing to sneeze at.

#12987 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Side note still hoping for a warp tour machine. All the awesome music can add skating to the theme

I'll take an AIQ rethemed as Warped Tour, please.

#12988 3 years ago

Matrix?? New movie this year...

#12989 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

? Beastie Boys are about as "main stream" rap as you can get.

Hmm...that may be true. I'd argue for Eminem, though. A lot of hit songs, a movie, and more "recent" than Beastie Boys, relatively-speaking. Not sure either theme works for me, however, but I could see something like that working.

#12990 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Gotta disagree here. Remember when Metallica was announced? I never ever thought Stern would do a theme like that. And then Maiden, who were popular in Europe and the US, but I think many never thought that pin would be made. Beastie Boys are about as "main stream" rap as you can get. It would be stepping outside of the box for Stern, but they've done it before.

But Metallica is one of the biggest bands in the world, and they were still producing and touring. And even though Beasties are fairly mainstream rap, compared to the list of rock games Stern have done so far, Beasties are so far out of left field it’s not funny.

Don’t get me wrong, Beastie Boys would be a dream theme for me, but I just think it’s too left of centre for Sterns conservative management.

#12991 3 years ago

ARMY OF DARKNESS. My grail pin...I would be an LE buyer for sure.

Quoted from cybevenom:

Hail to the king baby. Make me some Evil Dead pinball.
[quoted image]

#12992 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Good angle on the international recognition as part of the theme decision. I think it must play a major role, commonly overlooked.
Find an American band that is super popular overseas...or TV show (Baywatch)....then place your bet.
Who the Foo could that band be?

I'd love to know which countries import the most pins. 'course that may change with the new tax situation in EU.
I bet Heart or Abba would be a theme that sells a bunch internationally.

#12993 3 years ago

I wonder how a Nirvana pin would do?

927F1975-86C9-4261-BEDB-C9B4ADE4293C (resized).jpeg927F1975-86C9-4261-BEDB-C9B4ADE4293C (resized).jpeg
#12994 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Tmnt and Avengers made for a pretty good family friendly 2020.

#12995 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image]

The music would be great. But what icons or symbols or objects related to the group could be implemented into the pin? I can’t think of anything that stands out, which usually means the pin would end up feeling sterile and soulless at best.

#12996 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image]

Well, the ending would be a bummer, that's for sure. No victory laps.

#12997 3 years ago

Anyone see the little snippet of video from Godzilla vs Kong? It’s about 2 seconds of footage but it looks pretty fuckin great. I’d prefer a classic Godzilla treatment for a pin but if this is what we get I’m still into it.

#12998 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

The music would be great. But what icons or symbols or objects related to the group could be implemented into the pin? I can’t think of anything that stands out, which usually means the pin would end up feeling sterile and soulless at best.

Not sure what they would use.. Not sure anyone would even want it.

#12999 3 years ago

Nevermind would be the backglass

#13000 3 years ago

Dirty Donny would find a way - he did it in Metallica and even Aerosmith.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

3,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Staten Island, NY
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 260 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/260?hl=rikeisland and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.