Buffy (resized).jpg
enjoy your balls.gif
balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 258 of 924.
#12851 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

No, please, not Eagles. What a waste of pinball.
Gary’s favorite band?

I agree I love collecting all the rock pins, but the Eagles doesn't really interest me.

#12852 3 years ago

We need an alternative to hard rock, right? How about easy-listening rock? Get ready for .... Joe Cochran.

#12853 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Man they had some weird themes and art back then. Creepy.

I could see that point of view with someone as a kitten as an avatar. I love pussy too though! That backglass gal has some nice gams!!

#12854 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I love pussy too though!

Thanks for sharing. But it's the "too" in your proclamation that concerns me.

#12855 3 years ago

I heard Eagles, too. Funny Eagles story. I saw Joe Bonamossa in B'ham many years ago. It was a good crowd but far from sold out. The Eagles were playing at the exact same time right next door in the much larger arena and were sold out. It pissed Joe off that the two shows were scheduled on top of each other. He even mentioned it on stage. It took him 5 years to come back to B'ham. Joe's live shows are awesome and I would much rather see him over the Eagles any day!

#12856 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I heard Eagles, too. Funny Eagles story. I saw Joe Bonamossa in B'ham many years ago. It was a good crowd but far from sold out. The Eagles were playing at the exact same time right next door in the much larger arena and were sold out. It pissed Joe off that the two shows were scheduled on top of each other. He even mentioned it on stage. It took him 5 years to come back to B'ham. Joe's live shows are awesome and I would much rather see him over the Eagles any day!

Completely agree. Joe live is amazing. Way better than recorded.

Eagles pin? I mean, here are some more exciting themes...

Property Brothers
House Hunters
Literally anything else

#12857 3 years ago

If you get a Property Brothers LE they come and re-design your game room.

#12858 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I'm not sure I'd Love It...or list it.

#12859 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

It would be cool to have the pin playfield change as the property is "remodeled."

But no, I don't want a Property Brothers pin.

#12860 3 years ago

I haven’t heard many people say this but what about Tom Cruise’s Mission Impossible franchise.. you can incorporate any number of the movies and gadgets and sequences ...could be a good pin

#12861 3 years ago

How about storage wars or backcountry moonshiners?

#12862 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I haven’t heard many people say this but what about Tom Cruise’s Mission Impossible franchise.. you can incorporate any number of the movies and gadgets and sequences ...could be a good pin

The wizard mode could be Cruise waking up and realizing David Miscavige is the supervillain responsible for what happened in all the movies, then fighting him.

#12863 3 years ago

Beastie Boys...

#12864 3 years ago

NWA

9AABAE3E-22A6-451F-900B-237C95B4686F (resized).jpeg9AABAE3E-22A6-451F-900B-237C95B4686F (resized).jpeg
#12865 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Joe Walsh probably regrets that pic.

I’ll bet they all do - even the dead ones.

#sorryNotAnEaglesFan

#12866 3 years ago

Pulp Fiction Modes:

Jack Rabit Slims Twist Contest
I love you Honey Bunny
Bring out the Gimp
The Wolf
Butch’s Watch
Adrenaline Shot
Bad Ass MF

2452B552-5DAF-403B-975D-F9C91BBA9325 (resized).jpeg2452B552-5DAF-403B-975D-F9C91BBA9325 (resized).jpeg
#12867 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Megadeth would be an auto LE buy for me if Stern used the same team that executed IMDN. So many bad ass songs and insane artwork to make another masterpiece for the OG rockers. One can dream...

Isn’t the maiden group the ones working on Sabbath? No way Steve will be on that one.

#12868 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Isn’t the maiden group the ones working on Sabbath? No way Steve will be on that one.

I would be stoked if that were true. One can only dream. :PS)KME and Rick N and/or Tanio C = wow ! Dunno if those guys are interested in Sabbath, if any of them hook up with Ozzy or Tony, that could be some next level shit to rival GnR right there.
Anyway I heard that the Eagles pin is a bunch of special K bs.
The Eagles pin pfft.....

#12869 3 years ago
images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg
#12870 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Just hope they put more toys or things into the Black Sabbath if made as wish Maiden had more things in it then just a ton of shots, yes it’s fun but I thought they could have added some more as Maiden has a ton of props compared to Black Sabbath.

#12871 3 years ago

If your a Black Sabbath fan, just about every song is a hit and the art work is phenomenal!

#12872 3 years ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

Pulp Fiction Modes:
I love you Honey Bunny
Bring out the Gimp
The Wolf
Butch’s Watch
Adrenaline Shot
Bad Ass MF
[quoted image]

There was a rumor floating around that Mark Ritchie is working on Pulp Fiction with CGC. It would obliviously come out after the Cactus Canyon remake. I really hope it’s true!

#12873 3 years ago

Stern just needs to lay off Rock pins in the future, if they cant get more songs, and more freedom in the art package.

Zep looks fun, all Richie pins are. But it's a Zepplin music pin, only 10 songs is more than a bit dissapointing.

I buy a $25.00 double cd with 30 plus songs, and a $6000.00 pinball machine only has 10?
WTF.

#12874 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Just hope they put more toys or things into the Black Sabbath if made as wish Maiden had more things in it then just a ton of shots, yes it’s fun but I thought they could have added some more as Maiden has a ton of props compared to Black Sabbath.

I surprisingly don't miss toys at all. Maiden is my favorite game. Its such a pleasure to shoot that it doesnt need toys. I also like early SS games and Maiden feels like a modern SS design to me. As does TNA but Maiden has so much more staying power with deeper objectives

#12875 3 years ago

Stern rock pins of recent years with good art is likely because they work with artists that already do work for the band. Dirty Donny did work for Metallica. Yeti did work for Primus. Those guys made great art packages for those band pins because those bands trusted the artists. (Also shout out to JJP GnR for working with GnR artists)

Stern should try to find more artists that do work for the bands they’re interested in doing pins of.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12876 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I surprisingly don't miss toys at all. Maiden is my favorite game. Its such a pleasure to shoot that it doesnt need toys. I also like early SS games and Maiden feels like a modern SS design to me. As does TNA but Maiden has so much more staying power with deeper objectives

Just curious, how does Maiden feel like a modern SS?

TNA I get. They could have more or less made that game in 81, other than the light show, tunes, and such.

#12877 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

And the problem with your generation is that you’re wildly out of touch with what’s happening in the real world and you’re too egocentric to realize it.
[quoted image]

Yeah, lets just all focus on the negatives and point fingers to each other. People, we're here for the same reason: pinball.

#12878 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

[quoted image]

Sweating Bullets multi ball. Lol

#12879 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Just curious, how does Maiden feel like a modern SS?
TNA I get. They could have more or less made that game in 81, other than the light show, tunes, and such.

The layout doesn't rely on toys and fancy mechs. The layout is the layout. Its like if pinball skipped the 90s and focused only on the geometry or the game. Just more of a feeling than anything. Jack Danger was working on a game with what felt like a similar vibe to me. Just a whole whack of interesting shots. Just an opinion obviously

#12880 3 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

People, we're here for the same reason: pinball.

Not me. I came for the buffet.

#12881 3 years ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

Pulp Fiction Modes:
I love you Honey Bunny
Bring out the Gimp
The Wolf
Butch’s Watch
Adrenaline Shot
Bad Ass MF
[quoted image]

You forgot the Say "What" Again multi-ball, and Clean the F-ing Car hurry-up.

#12882 3 years ago

So is this Eagles rumor legit?

This was mentioned several months ago and here it is again.

As much as I like them I really struggle to see this as a pin theme.

#12883 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It'll probably just be Steve Ritchie playfield design #26 with some Eagles art tossed on after the fact.

Maybe he can re-use the Graceland shot on Elvis to be the Hotel California on the premium.

#12884 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

The layout doesn't rely on toys and fancy mechs. The layout is the layout. Its like if pinball skipped the 90s and focused only on the geometry or the game. Just more of a feeling than anything. Jack Danger was working on a game with what felt like a similar vibe to me. Just a whole whack of interesting shots. Just an opinion obviously

Yeah I just don't get that vibe. To me early solid state games are mostly about sharpshooting and weren't particularly flowey. Iron Maiden has killer flow. TNA also feels more like a classic solid state to me because of the relatively simple gameplay loop of prime a reactor, destroy a reactor, repeat.

To each their own though of course. I just hadn't seen anyone really say that about IM before. Some people raise an eyebrow when I say there aren't that many shots on IM (there's only 5 core shots: two ramps, the right orbit, and the two inner loops. They're all great shots of course)

#12885 3 years ago

I'm looking forward to LOTR Enhanced, with a new art package, Viggo call outs and clips from all three movies. Hey, a guy can dream right?

#12886 3 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

I'm looking forward to LOTR Enhanced, with a new art package, Viggo call outs and clips from all three movies. Hey, a guy can dream right?

Just buy a Hobbit. Plenty of stuff in it you will like.

#12887 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I say there aren't that many shots on IM (there's only 5 core shots: two ramps, the right orbit, and the two inner loops. They're all great shots of course)

You've left out the revive spinner, drop targets, captive ball(s) and upper alleyway. Also multiplier targets.
I count at least 10 direct shots from the lower flippers with some indirect shots available then another 4 minimum from the upper flippers (even a couple more)
Maiden has shots for days.

#12888 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You've left out the revive spinner, drop targets, captive ball(s) and upper alleyway. Also multiplier targets.
I count at least 10 direct shots from the lower flippers with some indirect shots available then another 4 minimum from the upper flippers (even a couple more)
Maiden has shots for days.

Yeah there are a lot of targets to hit, but there are only the handful of core shots. I treat targets different than shots which to me are ball paths. (But that's how I define stuff) Compare it to JP3 which has 4 ramps and some loops to shoot.

It's whatever. I think there are only a handful of shots on Iron Maiden and some various targets sprinkled around them.

Don't get me wrong, Maiden is a great game.

#12889 3 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Your dream might not be as far fetched as you think......

#12890 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Just buy a Hobbit. Plenty of stuff in it you will like.

Hobbit is special with the theme integration for sure, and if you are a Hobbit/LOTR fan it is very cool.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a LOTR vault from Stern

#12891 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Me, neither. I just can't see it as a pin, unless it's a concept game that starts with "Life in the Fast Lane", max points on the board and lots of drugs, then you end up OD'd and in soft rock purgatory with 0 points. How well you did on that timed opening song is your multiplier base for the game in purgatory. You have to work your way back out by going through the Eagles catalogue. Irv Azoff is the final boss. Beat him and you get to tear up The Eagles contract with him, renegotiate more favorable terms, and return to life to do more blow. Linda Ronstadt also pops up and sings her superior version of Desperado when the game is over and you've been sent to hell where the only music is Air Supply.

#12892 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Hobbit is special with the theme integration for sure, and if you are a Hobbit/LOTR fan it is very cool.
That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a LOTR vault from Stern

LOTR Vault is coming soon and it will have an LCD screen, Stern has finished the video coding. Its coming soon gents and its going to be great.

#12893 3 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

New callouts would be great. Did they use all the callouts in the ROMs of the Whitestar version? The LotR Spike2 will have a LOT more room for additional ones, only question is will Stern pay for them?

Quoted from Mark1971:

LOTR Vault is coming soon and it will have an LCD screen, Stern has finished the video coding. Its coming soon gents and its going to be great.

It really is less like a vault and more like a new release since it's the first Whitestar with graphics and sound re-done for Spike. That's why I refer to it as LotR Spike.

#12894 3 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

Same art package?

#12895 3 years ago

That was weird. It made a strange post compilation instead of a edit.

Deleted.

#12896 3 years ago

Eagles would be an instant hell no for me. That would be a major head scratcher.

#12897 3 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

Double take.... Thought you were #Ballypin for second with that posting

#12898 3 years ago

Please something cool or different
Something like this

20210112_224550 (resized).jpg20210112_224550 (resized).jpg
#12899 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Something like this [quoted image]

Looks cool and very heavy.

#12900 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Something like this [quoted image]

I had a Tesla pro. Wasn’t as cool without the butter cabinet.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

It'll probably just be Steve Ritchie playfield design #26 with some Eagles art tossed on after the fact.
Maybe he can re-use the Graceland shot on Elvis to be the Hotel California on the premium.

Or Heartbreak Hotel converted to Hotel CA, or is that the same thing as Graceland shot? I haven’t played Elvis in years. I recall it was pretty fun.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 65.00
Cabinet Parts
Pin-Tools.com
Cabinet parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Concord, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
There are 46,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 258 of 924.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/258?hl=ottawaflip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.