20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,067 posts in this topic. You are on page 256 of 942.
#12751 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

At the end of the day pins need music and rock music seems to work best with pinball...
Its not rocket science really.

I have no problem with using rock music for the audio...I have a problem with making the whole pin about the band.

For example, Getaway, is a perfect example of using good music (ZZ Top) to great effect. That doesn't mean that a ZZ Top machine is a good idea.

(though actually a ZZ Top machine would be a much better idea than most of the other rock-band themes discussed previously)

#12752 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I have no problem with using rock music for the audio...I have a problem with making the whole pin about the band.
For example, Getaway, is a perfect example of using good music (ZZ Top) to great effect. That doesn't mean that a ZZ Top machine is a good idea.
(though actually a ZZ Top machine would be a much better idea than most of the other rock-band themes discussed previously)

So its a good idea if its a band you like?

Anyways... the music pins obviously sell well, if they didnt they wouldnt do more, they arent stupid.

I think ACDC is the best selling Stern of all time or close to it.

#12753 3 years ago

If stern passes on a BTTF pin maybe they can try knocking out two birds with one stone(rock pin,BTTF pin)by making a Huey Lewis and the news pin for all the ops wishing for BTTF...could scratch that itch

#12754 3 years ago

How about a high quality game made with innovative features, interesting art, quality parts, finished code, interactive toys, and great shots?

Don't get me wrong, my collection is mostly about sci-fi and fantasy themes. But this thread is is exhibit A on why we can post all day about needing more original themes and companies that want to make money are doubling down on any licensed properties that fit the target demographic.

or maybe just the Tick!

#12755 3 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

How about that, another vote for the Beastie Boys. For get TMNT where you partner with another player. Lame. Give me a Beastie Boys pin with Sabotage feature where I take away a locked ball from my opponent!

Co-OP mode is a great innovation for bringing disparate pinball abilities together to play. If you havn't tried it at a party, matching up a good player with a novice against another similar team, you should.
Every pinball machine should have Co-op built in, standard. it's a no brainer easy feature, generic portable code.

#12756 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

If stern passes on a BTTF pin maybe they can try knocking out two birds with one stone(rock pin,BTTF pin)by making a Huey Lewis and the news pin for all the ops wishing for BTTF...could scratch that itch

Wouldn’t cut it for me personally, HLTN is only a very small part of what makes BTTF an all time classic.

BTTF is my no.1 theme for a new pin, but I want the characters, the car, the entire soundtrack and those story’s to play through as modes, it’s the one theme where I want it everything and the kitchen sink in it.

#12757 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I'm sure this was in jest but I'd have a hard time passing on a Huey Lewis and the News pin just for nostalgia's sake. And I'm not even 40 lol, but I grew up on their music and some of it still jams pretty well today. Suppose I'll just settle for slow "I Want a New Drug" on our Ghostbusters pin.

#12758 3 years ago

OMG! Matrix 4 is coming out this year. Stern better grab that license and give it to Keith. That is one hella good theme and would be a LE buy if Keith was the designer. Attention Jody Dankberg, run do not walk and lock it down. For the love of God, Do Not Give It to Ritchie !!!
D374CF59-4117-4935-891B-F75C064C1888.jpegD374CF59-4117-4935-891B-F75C064C1888.jpeg

#12759 3 years ago

Everybody loves keanu reeves. I love keanu reeves. Do you love keanu reeves? People love keanu reeves. I am reduced to begging.

BA24E3AE-B100-4E8A-B056-9F473767FBAC.jpegBA24E3AE-B100-4E8A-B056-9F473767FBAC.jpeg
#12760 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I'm sure this was in jest but I'd have a hard time passing on a Huey Lewis and the News pin just for nostalgia's sake. And I'm not even 40 lol, but I grew up on their music and some of it still jams pretty well today. Suppose I'll just settle for slow "I Want a New Drug" on our Ghostbusters pin.

Listen to better music, it leads to better pins!! AC/DC, Met, Iron Maiden, GnR. Never thought i would see a request for a HLTN pin hah.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12761 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Maybe Stern can try making a Huey Lewis and the News pin for all the ops wishing for BTTF.

People think we are crazy for spending big money on pinball machines. A Huey Lewis pin would show it's Hip to be Square like us.

#12762 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Everybody loves keanu reeves. I love keanu reeves. Do you love keanu reeves? People love keanu reeves. I am reduced to begging.
[quoted image]

For me the problem is this...

Picture 1- When i think of Keanu Reeves
Picture 2- When i think of the Matrix

Screenshot_20210107-211657_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210107-211657_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210107-211809_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210107-211809_Chrome (resized).jpg

#12763 3 years ago

Maybe that's your theme right there. Not John Wick, or Matrix, but a Keanu Reeves pin. A whole pin themed in dedication to Keanu Reeves.

#12764 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Its not just the numbers its the widest appeal... just because someone has huge numbers of "fans" doesnt mean that base could or would buy a pinball.

Exhibit A: Insane Clown Posse

#12765 3 years ago

OMG! Matrix 4 is coming out this year. Stern better grab that license and give it to Keith. That is one hella good theme and would be a LE buy if Keith was the designer. Attention Jody Dankberg, run do not walk and lock it down. For the love of God, Do Not Give It to Ritchie !!!
[quoted image]

My dream theme - I can't even imagine how someone might implement bullet time.

#12766 3 years ago
black-sabbath (resized).jpgblack-sabbath (resized).jpg
#12767 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Hate to break it to y’all but every companies main concern in addition to retaining customers is finding new ones. It’s important for stern to focus on both the 50+ crowd aaaand the 21 year old going to their first arcade bar. I’m 32 and all the people I play pin with are 40 and younger. There is a reason Rick & Morty and Stranger Things came out this last year. Get used at least a couple games a year not being aimed at your age demographic. Led Zeppelin and Munsters wasn’t meant for me or my friends and that’s okay!

Except Led zep and Munsters as a show and a band will be remembered tens times more than Stranger things or Rick & Morty. Not talking about the pins made but actual theme or show based on. As long as the pin is fun to play I am all in to try on location, heck I play them all and see which ones I like, but to own and not like or hate the theme all is a different story. I find a hard time if you like rock n roll and or heavy metal anyone can dislike the music pins that have been made.

#12768 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Except Led zep and Munsters as a show and a band will be remembered tens times more than Stranger things or Rick & Morty. Not talking about the pins made but actual theme or show based on. As long as the pin is fun to play I am all in to try on location, heck I play them all and see which ones I like, but to own and not like or hate the theme all is a different story. I find a hard time if you like rock n roll and or heavy metal anyone can dislike the music pins that have been made.

Ask anyone under 25 if they know what the Munsters is. It’s okay that you’re wrong. But you’re wrong.

#12769 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Ask anyone under 25 if they know what the Munsters is. It’s okay that you’re wrong. But you’re wrong.

Ha and that’s what’s wrong with today’s generation, likes trendy alternate stupid shit.

#12770 3 years ago

Living in the current time period isn’t being trendy. The Munsters aren’t relevant anymore. It’s literally in black and white. There are two generations past when that was something that was relevant. Are you so self centered that you don’t understand the passage of time?

#12771 3 years ago

And the problem with your generation is that you’re wildly out of touch with what’s happening in the real world and you’re too egocentric to realize it.

D4AA1DC3-307D-4E3B-8611-E2BE0DE4605B (resized).pngD4AA1DC3-307D-4E3B-8611-E2BE0DE4605B (resized).png
#12772 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

And the problem with your generation is that you’re wildly out of touch with what’s happening in the real world and you’re too egocentric to realize it.
[quoted image]

Ya boo hoo younger generation addicted to technology and Netflix shit shows. Don’t worry I don’t like the Walking Dead show either or Matrix movies. Honestly I never seen or gave Stranger things a chance but know it’s not for me. Ren and Stimpy beats Rick and Morty. Hopefully I get a chance to try the Stranger Things and Rick & Morty as pins only to see if any fun. Also, I think Led zep is overrated and not better than The Rolling Stones or Beatles who you probably never heard of too, right. Name me a valid punk band better than the Misfits, Ramones, etc. from today as will not happen since you have punk in your name.

6D6CD6A4-7F0A-4E34-B247-2156F94F8D2A (resized).png6D6CD6A4-7F0A-4E34-B247-2156F94F8D2A (resized).png
#12773 3 years ago

I’d take IDELS over either of those bands... I get it. You’re stuck in the past and proud but that doesn’t mean Stern should keep catering to you’re ilk. You’ll be dead soon and your kids will sell you games to strangers for way less than they are valued and that’s okay. It’s going to happen to all of us.

#12774 3 years ago

Ask anyone under 25 if they have even half a brain.

#12775 3 years ago

I really find it mind boggling that there are so many people on this site that don't have the remotest idea of how business works. Let me explain it to you. Stern Pinball is in the business of making money. As such... they do market research. Market research in turn tells them that their biggest market is middle aged white dudes. Stern picks a theme that appeals to their biggest market. This is not rocket science. This doesn't mean that other demographics don't buy pinball. What it does mean is that by targeting their biggest market they have the best chance of maximizing profit.

#12776 3 years ago

Man, Ren and Stimpy could trump Rick and Morty
Has to be lewd ,crude and rude of course !

I would go John Wick over the Matrix

Don't get me wrong either, I'm a Matrix fan big time.
I can just see if John Wick executed correctly would be amazing !

Ah fuck it, I just want both Keanu Reeves titles

edit, Have a feeling Bill and Ted may come in first.

#12777 3 years ago

It's never going to happen, but a Firefly pin could be amazing. Great characters, lots of humor and a dedicated cast and fanbase. Fantastic potential for callouts, too. Given the limited appeal to a wider audience it would sink like a brick, though. Maybe something for a homebrew?

#12778 3 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

I really find it mind boggling that there are so many people on this site that don't have the remotest idea of how business works. Let me explain it to you. Stern Pinball is in the business of making money. As such... they do market research. Market research in turn tells them that their biggest market is middle aged white dudes. Stern picks a theme that appeals to their biggest market. This is not rocket science. This doesn't mean that other demographics don't buy pinball. What it does mean is that by targeting their biggest market they have the best chance of maximizing profit.

Based on your collection you’re nobody’s target market.

#12779 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I want a John Williams music pin with all the assets and modes based off of the movies/music!
Jaws (hurry up)
Star Wars (multiball!)
Close Encounters of The Third Kind (Mode)
Superman (ramps!)
Indiana Jones (Outlane Trap!)
E.T. (Send the ball home!)
Home Alone (roaming target)
Jurassic Park (the dinosaur eats the ball!)
Schindler’s List (ball save?)
Harry Potter (Quidditch)
The Olympics Theme (bonus multiplier)
*completely unrealistic[quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe Sega could put out a Jerry Goldsmith. Star Trek, Congo, The Shadow, Alien. Oops, those are already pins.
RIP Jerry.

#12780 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Johnny Mnemonic! Now THAT would make a killer pin! Amirite? A motorized glove that drops the ball in a matrix! Gigabytes, genius porpoises. I’m dreaming. That’ll never happen.

#12781 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

[quoted image]

Like dude...its Jan 2021. Why are you quoting things from July 2019. Get with the times man get with the times. By 2023 nobody gonna remember stranger things and life will have passed you by.

#12782 3 years ago

Is it just me or does this thread feel like we are just going in circles talking about the same 'Next' Stern game.

Really feels like Groundhogs Day in here

Groundhogs day again.gifGroundhogs day again.gif

groundhog.gifgroundhog.gifHamster wheel.gifHamster wheel.gif

#12783 3 years ago

Speaking of Groundhog Day. What about a Bill Murray game of some sort? (Aside from ghostbusters)

-Groundhog Day
-Scrooged
- stripes
-kingpin
- quick change or some other random gem

#12784 3 years ago

Did anyone watch Impractical Jokers last night? Patty Jenkins who directed the Wonder Woman movies was a guest. She commented on Brian Quinn's pinballs that he has in his background. For anyone who has not seen the show, he has a Tz, Imdn, and BM66. She points out the Batman and askes "Why don't we have a Wonder Woman pinball. We need to get one of those."

#12785 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Is it just me or does this thread feel like we are just going in circles talking about the same 'Next' Stern game.
Really feels like Groundhogs Day in here
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Because were all a bunch of pussies looking for our next fix

16101181795886091440388771885497 (resized).jpg16101181795886091440388771885497 (resized).jpg
#12786 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

Did anyone watch Impractical Jokers last night? Patty Jenkins who directed the Wonder Woman movies was a guest. She commented on Brian Quinn's pinballs that he has in his background. For anyone who has not seen the show, he has a Tz, Imdn, and BM66. She points out the Batman and askes "Why don't we have a Wonder Woman pinball. We need to get one of those."

Well Warner Bros idiotic decision to put WW1984 out on HBO Max (when it’s not readily available around half the world) leading it seriously underperform, likely cut down the chances of a WW pin substantially.

Oh and the fact WW1984 is a hot mess won’t have helped either, the first WW was very good apart from the terrible ending, not Jenkins fault as the studio made her rewrite the ending (well done WB another great move on your part) but WW1984 is terrible.

#12787 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Well Warner Bros idiotic decision to put WW1984 out on HBO Max (when it’s not readily available around half the world) leading it seriously underperform, likely cut down the chances of a WW pin substantially.
Oh and the fact WW1984 is a hot mess won’t have helped either, the first WW was very good apart from the terrible ending, not Jenkins fault as the studio made her rewrite the ending (well done WB another great move on your part) but WW1984 is terrible.

Yes, I (and my family) was quite disappointed in WW84. We all liked the first one (even with its minor flaws), but the new one was awful. Best part about the new one was the after-credits scene.

Even so, a WW pin is not a bad idea...of course (as with any theme) the execution is the important part.

#12788 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Yes, I (and my family) was quite disappointed in WW84. We all liked the first one (even with its minor flaws), but the new one was awful. Best part about the new one was the after-credits scene.
Even so, a WW pin is not a bad idea...of course (as with any theme) the execution is the important part.

I would be okay with a cartoon/animated justice league pin like Stern did with AIQ.

In fact I’d probably prefer that, get Kevin Conroy to voice Batman, Hamill as Joker, George Newburn as Superman, in fact use the entire Justice League and Justice League Unlimited voice actor cast from those shows and your onto a winner!

#12789 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Well Warner Bros idiotic decision to put WW1984 out on HBO Max (when it’s not readily available around half the world) leading
it seriously underperform, likely cut down the chances of a WW pin substantially.

They already are working on Wonder Woman 3, so they have to be pretty happy with what they got. Hopefully it's more like the first.

#12790 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I would be okay with a cartoon/animated justice league pin like Stern did with AIQ.
In fact I’d probably prefer that, get Kevin Conroy to voice Batman, Hamill as Joker, George Newburn as Superman, in fact use the entire Justice League and Justice League Unlimited voice actor cast from those shows and your onto a winner!

This. Square jaw Batman is the best Batman

#12791 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They already are working on Wonder Woman 3, so they have to be pretty happy with what they got. Hopefully it's more like the first.

Yeah saw that the other day. I was surprised when I read that WW3 was in development and with Jenkins coming back because WW1984 was so disappointing.

What makes it worse is that with a few minor changes it could have been great!

WB just don’t seem to be able to stick to the source material, Marvel have shown if you do that it makes your job a lot easier and your movie a lot better, the few times Marvel have tried to be “creative” and deviate from the source, it’s bite them on the ass, looking at you Mandarin!

#12792 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I'm picturing a guitar/bass spinner.

https://images.halloweencostumes.com/blog/images/595/1906-1/spinning-guitars-zz-top.gif

#12793 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Living in the current time period isn’t being trendy. The Munsters aren’t relevant anymore. It’s literally in black and white. There are two generations past when that was something that was relevant. Are you so self centered that you don’t understand the passage of time?

Funny you say they are not relevant anymore yet they made a Munsters pin and they did sell more than just a few. And any parent who grew up watching them as kid has shown their children the show, they like it. I have shown my kids everything from Munsters, Three Stooges, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC ect that my wife grew up with in the 70’s and 80’s and they appreciate it and actually like a lot of it and know many of the songs and shows from those decades. So yeah Stern is catering more to us older people.

#12794 3 years ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

Speaking of Groundhog Day. What about a Bill Murray game of some sort? (Aside from ghostbusters)
-Groundhog Day
-Scrooged
- stripes
-kingpin

Meatballs! I would love a summer camp pin. Friday the 13th maybe...you have to search the cabins. Rescue the campers. Numbered cabins on the pf, a lake area, the woods. Spooky.

#12795 3 years ago

Just for the Catalina Wine Mixer wizard mode

0C21B079-2187-43DE-9A7F-284C293E6AB7 (resized).jpeg0C21B079-2187-43DE-9A7F-284C293E6AB7 (resized).jpeg
#12796 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Funny you say they are not relevant anymore yet they made a Munsters pin and they did sell a few. And any parent who grew up watching them as kid has shown their children the show, they like it. I have shown my kids everything from Munsters, Three Stooges, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC ect that my wife grew up with in the 70’s and 80’s and they appreciate it and actually like a lot of it and know many of the songs and shows from those decades. So yeah Stern is catering more to us older people.

Would your family be more excited by the Munsters or by the Stranger Things? Which one do you own?

#12797 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Would your family be more excited by the Munsters or by the Stranger Things? Which one do you own?

We own Stranger Things pro. Definitely buy that over Munsters. I love the Munsters TV show, but like to play just a few games. I may pick up Munsters one day but couldn’t see myself paying more than $4000 for a pro. Did not care for lower playfield but love the premium black and white artwork

#12798 3 years ago

Zombieland?

#12799 3 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

Just for the Catalina Wine Mixer wizard mode
[quoted image]

thats may be one of the worst movies Ive ever seen but I have to watch it if its on..

#12800 3 years ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

-Groundhog Day
-Scrooged
- stripes
-kingpin

Rushmore!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 21.50
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
BomberMods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JAWS (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 47,067 posts in this topic. You are on page 256 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/256?hl=blue_agave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.