Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,871 posts in this topic. You are on page 255 of 938.
#12701 3 years ago

Credence

EC6BD0A0-0675-4BAF-AFD4-7F6A9B143B98.jpegEC6BD0A0-0675-4BAF-AFD4-7F6A9B143B98.jpeg
#12702 3 years ago

The Thing would make an Amazing pin. I’d actually love to see a John Carpenter retrospective pin with all of his films and scores. That would just blow my f’n mind...

A boy can dream!

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I am turning 50 on the 17th of this month and there is a lot of great movies, shows, bands I got to see in my 5 decades of life. I just watched John Carpenters The Thing and forgot how great that movie was as is the original. Would it make a great pin, I don’t know but leaning towards it would be ok.
There’s a lot of things I love that I would love to see as a pin. I love EHOH and put a deposit down for one but not a huge fan of hers, but the pin is great and the theme is still a draw for me. I love cheesy horror and sci fi movies, and plus it’s Elvira.
Dead Pool is a great game and the character is after my time because I grew up a DC fan.
I am really looking forward to Godzilla and any upcoming Stern announcements.
I think Queen would be a home run and would do better than Led Zeppelin. I love Led Zeppelin but Queen has a huge fan base and are more popular in my opinion. And I have to admit Queen is a better band. Freddie was a brilliant songwriter and one of the greatest voices ever.
Any Queen song from there hits would be amazing. Give Bohemian Rhapsody a JJP light show and throw in a We Will Rock You multiball I am in.
With modern pins having a killer soundtrack and sound effects is a huge plus for me. That’s one of the reasons BKSOR hooked me in. Great art, sounds, and music plus was great fun for me.
I would also love a Motley Crue pin based on their first five Lps Too Fast For Love, Shout At the Devil, Theatre of Pain, Girls, Girls, Girls, and Dr Feelgood.
Theatre is Pain or Dr Feelgood would be a cool looking cabinet with the LP cover on the backglass or a Shout At The Devil all in black with red trim and put their faces on the side (I know Kiss was done like that twice) like it was on the cassette and have the pentagram on the backglass with Motley Crue in red letters or do poster art or album covers on the cabinet like GnR.
Any song would kick a$$ from the first five Lps. Take two from each and I would be happy. Here’s my picks for ten Crue songs
Too Fast For Love
Public Enemy #1
Shout At the Devil
Ten Seconds To Love
Smokin in the Boys Room
Louder Than Hell
Sumthin' for Nuthin
Girls Girls Girls
Kick Start My Heart
Same Ol' Situation
This would be freaking sick and would love to see this happen but doubt it.
We can all dream.

#12703 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Nope. Sorry but Eddy Vedder makes my want to rip my ears off. Mumbly mouthed wino

Agree. I never got into the grunge thing to begin with, but Pearl Jam (and Soundgarden) are the worst. When they occasionally pop up on my pandora feed, I push people out of the way to get to my remote and thumbs downs asap before the song ends.

#12704 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Haha. Scanning this first paragraph instead of reading carefully, I initially thought a music pin for "The Carpenters" was on your wishlist. I rejected that idea could possibly be right and more carefully re-read what you actually wrote, which made more sense.

Glad you actually read my post all the way through. I am getting old but not in my 60’s or interested in a Carpenters or a Righteous Brothers pin lol but enjoy their music.

#12705 3 years ago

If I could have a dream music pin it would be TOOL. My good friend does art for their tour posters so naturally I'd love to see his art on a pin.

adi (resized).jpgadi (resized).jpg
#12706 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The Thing would make an Amazing pin. I’d actually love to see a John Carpenter retrospective pin with all of his films and scores. That would just blow my f’n mind...
A boy can dream!

The Thing is a great movie but I’d prefer Escape from New York.
Master Carpenter

Has Mnpinball posted lately? I think the only game that hasn’t been made off of his 2020 list is J Bond.

A608E5BF-F343-461D-B7CE-216E5AD12D33 (resized).jpegA608E5BF-F343-461D-B7CE-216E5AD12D33 (resized).jpeg
#12707 3 years ago

Futurama....Shut up and take my money!

#12708 3 years ago

Speaking of John Carpenter, I need Big Trouble in Little China

#12709 3 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Now that’s a great movie also.

#12710 3 years ago

Child’s Play!!
Preferably the later movies
Chucky would have some great callouts!

#12711 3 years ago

I'm 47 this year, so I'm pretty much in the same wheelhouse as the rest of you guys in here. I want some older themes, but would still really like to see some newer themes as well

Queen - I don't understand why this one hasn't already happened.
Motley Crue - I'd rather see JJP do this one (and Queen)
Pokemon - No brainer if they could get the license.
Harry Potter - I won't go there again
Hunger Games - My wife would put down the deposit
Percy Jackson - based on all 5 books
My Hero Academia - The popularity of this anime is skyrocketing
Call of Duty - This would span many age groups
Dakar Rally - Something along the lines of a Banzai Run Sequel.

#12712 3 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

THAT is the one that MUST be done. I'm amazed it hasn't happened yet. So much potential.

bigtroubleinlittlechina_translite (resized).jpgbigtroubleinlittlechina_translite (resized).jpg
#12713 3 years ago

I’m fully into it. Would much prefer BTILC to BTTF honestly.

Quoted from PinMonk:

THAT is the one that MUST be done. I'm amazed it hasn't happened yet. So much potential.
[quoted image]

#12714 3 years ago

Jaws Da-Dum Da-Dum Da-Dum

#12715 3 years ago

I don’t get people who say Call of Duty. What even is that for pinball? There’s no interesting story or characters like a Mario or Zelda. Is COD Pinball simply a generic military theme? Just play the video game.

I’m not trying to shit on it. I really just don’t get the appeal or how it translates to pinball.

Is it all about tricking youths into pinball?

#12716 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I don’t get people who say Call of Duty. What even is that for pinball? There’s no interesting story or characters like a Mario or Zelda. Is COD Pinball simply a generic military theme? Just play the video game.
I’m not trying to shit on it. I really just don’t get the appeal or how it translates to pinball.

COD has a storyline but I’m not that familiar with it but if they were to make the zombie part of the game and I’ll be very interested. The zombie half of the COD franchise has a good story line with 4 characters...could be good.

#12717 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

While I dont know how popular it would be as a pin, there are campaign modes which could be different missions using different weapons. Dunno.. There are no Cod movies to take assets from, but plenty of A/V assets from the games.

#12718 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I don't WANT CoD pinball, but I could see a totally different kind of pinball play where you select missions, then there are branching sub-missions within them and you fight your way to the mission objective by hopping from one sub-mission to another. If you fail a sub mission, it puts you on a remedial path that subtly, not overtly, trains you on the skills that you need to pass the sub-mission you failed. Finish enough and you join the "main" path to the objective again and continue. When all your squad (balls) are wiped out, it's game over and the Nazis win.

With network play it could get very interesting.

#12719 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

COD has a storyline but I’m not that familiar with it but if they were to make the zombie part of the game and I’ll be very interested. The zombie half of the COD franchise has a good story line with 4 characters...could be good.

Isn’t the story just an excuse to move the player from one Bruckheimer moment to the next? The game is about action set pieces, not memorable characters.

I think there is a Soap. That’s all I got.

#12720 3 years ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

Futurama....Shut up and take my money!

This.

#12721 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

While I dont know how popular it would be as a pin, there are campaign modes which could be different missions using different weapons. Dunno.. There are no Cod movies to take assets from, but plenty of A/V assets from the games.

No Russian Multiball. Murder all the standup citizens targets, then relock the balls to get away and start a global incident.

I don’t think I’ve played a COD in about eight years. Don’t really remember too much else besides the famous sniper mission in COD4 and defending America from invaders in an off brand Burger King.

#12722 3 years ago

CoD isn't high on my list. I've actually never played a CoD game. I'm not big into FPS games, but I do enjoy 3rd person shooters, Kill Zone, and the Resistance series. Like PinMonk said the gameplay for a CoD theme pinball is there and like it or not, CoD falls into the nostalgic category. I know kids that would squad up in University like they were forming a real life club. Playing CoD in their dorm houses on every floor and in every room. They would design logos, and even get their teams crest printed onto clothing. MW3 was just one peak of this franchise. Hell, even the Jeep XJ was branded with the CoD logo.

CoD, GTA, NFS, and a shit ton of other 3 letter acronym games would sell a ton of pinball machines.

It's cool if you don't get it though. I don't get Munsters. I'm grasping at understanding Led Zeppelin.

#12723 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

It's cool if you don't get it though. I don't get Munsters.

I'm a pretty big fan and I don't get the Munsters we got from Stern...at all. It's terrible.

#12724 3 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Dream themes for me:
Music:
The Chemical Brothers (tons of perfect songs and lots of theme possibilities)
Radiohead (my favorite band, but I am the first to agree their music may not be suitable for pinball)
The Grateful Dead (while I can appreciate their music, it's the fact my wife would agree to one immediately, I can also envision an excellent art package)
Pink Floyd
Daft Punk
Movies:
Anything Tarantino, but ideally Pulp Fiction
True Lies (still an all-time favorite)
Scarface
A Clockwork Orange
The Fifth Element

We don't see eye to eye on music, but your movie picks are spot on! The Fifth Element is a top 5 movie of all time for me.

Music pins for me would be:
Van Halen
Beastie Boys
Queen
Ozzy/Black Sabbath
Rush

#12725 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm a pretty big fan and I don't get the Munsters we got from Stern...at all. It's terrible.

It’s basically a crummy version of Monster Bash. I don’t mind the first round of the game being fairly simple. It’s that the second go through is just the same thing again.

Quoted from Roostking:

Now that I think about it, weapons could be sorta fun maybe as a multiplier system. If you have a shotgun it lights multiple shots for low multipliers, a sniper shot is single arrow for high value, and an assault rifle is somewhere in between. (Maybe a pistol as a kickback) I don’t like Star Wars that much, but think that but you’re changing how big the spread is and where it’s aimed.

I still think COD lacks anything particularly recognizable besides the name and maybe zombies. But I guess that allows for a ton of creative freedom.

#12726 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It’s basically a crummy version of Monster Bash.

Heh, comparing the two is an insult to Monster Bash. Munsters is terrible. Such a poor, shallow, unfun effort. The physical layout isn't too bad, so the POTENTIAL for a much better game is there, but as it stands, it's so awful.

#12727 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

If I could have a dream music pin it would be TOOL. My good friend does art for their tour posters so naturally I'd love to see his art on a pin.
[quoted image]

TOOL is a blind buy for me - I would have to own that pin.

#12728 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Agree. I never got into the grunge thing to begin with, but Pearl Jam (and Soundgarden) are the worst. When they occasionally pop up on my pandora feed, I push people out of the way to get to my remote and thumbs downs asap before the song ends.

I think your understanding of grunge, PJ, Soundgarden and EV are bit myopic. I appreciate that you don’t like the singles that are put on certain playlists. Any PJ fan wouldn’t want those muffin tunes on a pin regardless. But I truly believe a PJ pin would sell more than any music pin ever created. PJ fans are collectors and lineup hours before a show to buy merch. They are a crazy breed. I believe it would create a bunch of new pinheads because you can’t own one. An Avengers fan won’t buy a pinball machine but a PJ fan would. No doubt about it.

#12729 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

An Avengers fan won’t buy a pinball machine but a PJ fan would. No doubt about it.

You been drinking? Lol. Comic book fan and AIQ owner here.
Pearl Jam is a cult band. Compare some album or ticket sales numbers to the other bands with pinball machines. ACDC, Iron Maiden, Metallica. They dwarf Pearl Jam in every aspect. How about excitement? Pearl Jam feels like cut yourself music not pinball music. Also Pearl Jam has a much bigger female fan base and unfortunately the ladies arent the big pinball demographic yet. Everyone can have their own dream theme but to say there are more Pearl Jam fans willing to buy a machine the Avengers fans is ludicrous.

#12730 3 years ago

If a music pin is in the future (say Motley Crue) , they need to have a moving drum set ala the hand in Johnny Mnemonic. Or go for broke and have the whole set rise up as in Time Machine.....

image-57 (resized).jpgimage-57 (resized).jpg
#12731 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:We don't see eye to eye on music, but your movie picks are spot on! The Fifth Element is a top 5 movie of all time for me.
Music pins for me would be:
Van Halen
Beastie Boys
Queen
Ozzy/Black Sabbath
Rush

How about that, another vote for the Beastie Boys. For get TMNT where you partner with another player. Lame. Give me a Beastie Boys pin with Sabotage feature where I take away a locked ball from my opponent!

#12732 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Everyone can have their own dream theme but to say there are more Pearl Jam fans willing to buy a machine the Avengers fans is ludicrous.

So true. It seems like each generation had its wanna be music that in retrospect doesn't match up to the real rock and roll. 70's had disco, 80's had the big hair bands and then came grunge. Never was a disco fan back in the day, but I'll take a Bee Gees pin over any grunge band and especially Pearl Jam.

#12733 3 years ago

you guys realize pearl jam is over 30 years old? wannabe music? they have millions of fans and to say they would or would not make it as a pin theme is just like... your opinion man. talking shit like someone's opinion is ludicrous is in fact ludicrous. We don't all have to agree and that doesn't make you right and the other person wrong. I don't wish covid upon people's children... don't make me wrong.

#12734 3 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

How about that, another vote for the Beastie Boys. For get TMNT where you partner with another player. Lame. Give me a Beastie Boys pin with Sabotage feature where I take away a locked ball from my opponent!

I can't stand it
I know ya planned it
Imma set it straight
This watergate...

#12735 3 years ago

MEGADETH!!
MEGADETH!!
MEGADETH!!

#12736 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

MEGADETH!!
MEGADETH!!
MEGADETH!!

They just need to do a Monsters of Rock themed concert/tour pin to include all the worthy metal bands that will never get their own pin. Megadeth, Accept, Ratt, Dokken, Poison, Anthrax, Quiet Riot, Motorhead, Scorpions, etc. Could be very sweet, especially with a tour framework.

Hopeing to see dedicated pins for Judas Priest, Dio, Black Sabbath (seems to be in the works already), Motley Crue, so they're not listed for the Monsters of Rock "tour" pin.

#12737 3 years ago

I'm alone but for me a very good thematic for pinball may be :
Ray Harryhausen tribute

With toy like cyclop, sinbad thematic, etc...

https://the-artifice.com/ray-harryhausen/

ray_harryhausen_8968 (resized).jpgray_harryhausen_8968 (resized).jpg
#12738 3 years ago

How about Breaking Bad?

0EF788AC-16D3-4FE0-A486-3ACD21C30FBA (resized).jpeg0EF788AC-16D3-4FE0-A486-3ACD21C30FBA (resized).jpeg
#12739 3 years ago

Clash of the Titans would be better
MEGADETH
ANTHRAX
SLAYER!!

#12740 3 years ago

How about Get Smart???
When ball drains, “missed it by that much”!

Cone of silence: “Chief, can you hear me?”
Chief: “Kaos MultiBall is coming, so get ready Max!!”
Max: “I can’t Chief, my shoe phone won’t go back on...”
Chief: “Sigfreid is going to rain steel balls all over your head, put on the Control gadget head gear...now Max!”
Max: “What’d you say Chiiieeeeefffff..... ???” (as 10 multiballs are pounding all over into the cone of silence).

#12741 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

MEGADETH!!
MEGADETH!!
MEGADETH!!

Vic Rattlehead approves

20210107_221918 (resized).jpg20210107_221918 (resized).jpg20210107_222138 (resized).jpg20210107_222138 (resized).jpg
#12742 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Foo Fighters.
25 year back catalog - still huge today.
Imagine Dave Grohl doing all the call outs - he has so much passion for every project - it would be awesome!
And Keith to complete the dream team

they arent that huge they just have a good audience since there are no other rock bands left...

they have sold 40 millions records globally

The bands they do are in the 100 million plus club and have wider global appeal.

I dont "mind" the foo fighters but I am a bit older and dont see the big deal with them either.

#12743 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

How about Get Smart???
When ball drains, “missed it by that much”!
Cone of silence: “Chief, can you hear me?”
Chief: “Kaos MultiBall is coming, so get ready Max!!”
Max: “I can’t Chief, my shoe phone won’t go back on...”
Chief: “Sigfreid is going to rain steel balls all over your head, put on the Control gadget head gear...now Max!”
Max: “What’d you say Chiiieeeeefffff..... ???” (as 10 multiballs are pounding all over into the cone of silence).

What about one based on the not-so-hit-show McCloud?

McCloud: Chief?
Chief: McCloud!

that's my MST3k reference for the day

#12744 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

they arent that huge they just have a good audience since there are no other rock bands left...
they have sold 40 millions records globally
The bands they do are in the 100 million plus club and have wider global appeal.
I dont "mind" the foo fighters but I am a bit older and dont see the big deal with them either.

I agree it’s Artists/Bands with huge global appeal and monster sales, but by that logic an Eminem pin should be inevitable at some point.

He is the biggest selling hip-hop artist of all time, the biggest selling artist in the 2000s and he’s sold well over 100million records worldwide.

Not the most popular theme choice here but there was a 1000 fans willing to drop 2k on a brick signed by him.

We always talk about which group of non-pinheads would drop serious cash on a pin, his fans would!

#12745 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

MEGADETH!!
MEGADETH!!
MEGADETH!!

I love the Megadeth idea - not sure if they would do it because Megadeth doesn't have as many fans as say Metallica or AC/DC but I'd love it.

#12746 3 years ago

I don't understand the appeal of rock-band pins at all. There is not a single rock-band theme that I have ever liked.

While there are a couple of band-related pins that I DO like, I like them DESPITE the theme, not because of the theme (and I would have liked them more if the theme had been almost anything else).

#12747 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I agree it’s Artists/Bands with huge global appeal and monster sales, but by that logic an Eminem pin should be inevitable at some point.
He is the biggest selling hip-hop artist of all time, the biggest selling artist in the 2000s and he’s sold well over 100million records worldwide.
Not the most popular theme choice here but there was a 1000 fans willing to drop 2k on a brick signed by him.
We always talk about which group of non-pinheads would drop serious cash on a pin, his fans would!

Its not just the numbers its the widest appeal... just because someone has huge numbers of "fans" doesnt mean that base could or would buy a pinball.

They know their demographics and do market research.

#12748 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I don't understand the appeal of rock-band pins at all. There is not a single rock-band theme that I have ever liked.
While there are a couple of band-related pins that I DO like, I like them DESPITE the theme, not because of the theme (and I would have liked them more if the theme had been almost anything else).

At the end of the day pins need music and rock music seems to work best with pinball...

Its not rocket science really.

#12749 3 years ago

The suggested licenses are mostly testosterone inducing themes and that is fine. But there is some low hanging fruit to be picked by taking a softer tact. Already suggested Pee Wee’s Playhouse or Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventures, but have a few more now. I am thinking Home Alone or Spy Kids would be solid choices too. Looking at the entire pack of 4 themes, I see adventures as a common element. Not drama, not action but going on an adventure. Where events or scenes happen at a slower pace than Iron Man, Maiden or Metallica.

Pee Wee’s is a big playhouse with many props and feature characters.

Bill & Ted’s is time travel mixed with collecting historical figures.

Home Alone allows for setting traps and chasing away the bad guys.

Spy Kids has a lot of nice gadgets and effects like a shrinking ray and they are in rescue mode.

Notice how none of these mention BTTF? That is time travel mixed with altering events to change ones personal history. BTTF fits nicely into this group of adventure themes and since many believe it is already being designed, it seems less far-fetched that Stern will pick one of the other four for a future title. If released in 2022, it would compete with JJP’s Toy Story (which is another example of an adventure license).

#12750 3 years ago

I want a John Williams music pin with all the assets and modes based off of the movies/music!
Jaws (hurry up)
Star Wars (multiball!)
Close Encounters of The Third Kind (Mode)
Superman (ramps!)
Indiana Jones (Outlane Trap!)
E.T. (Send the ball home!)
Home Alone (roaming target)
Jurassic Park (the dinosaur eats the ball!)
Schindler’s List (ball save?)
Harry Potter (Quidditch)
The Olympics Theme (bonus multiplier)
*completely unrealistic

JW2 (resized).pngJW2 (resized).pngJw2 (resized).jpgJw2 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,871 posts in this topic. You are on page 255 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/255?hl=iceman66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.