Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg
Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,893 posts in this topic. You are on page 254 of 938.
#12651 3 years ago

Said this to a buddy last night and I'll say it here:

I know everyone loves Elwin (guilty as charged) and wants him on everything and Gomez is allegedly not designing anymore. But man, the Deadpool team should be on another pin stat. It's just so fun and has a ton of personality - really great theme integration and zaniness in one frenetic package. Would love to see another comedic pin come from the same crew.

#12652 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

I'm 36, with 70K worth of pins in my basement... 3 being NIB this year...
Yes, please dont make things the under 50 crowd will buy..
We just dont buy pins! Please dont make anything I want to buy. I just cant!
/Sarcasm
(Not Shown RFM, Hot Wheels)
[quoted image]

I am curious. Out of your current 10, which of your games do you feel were targeted to your age demo? I could be wrong, but it seems to me only 2 or 3. For the ones that weren't, I wonder why they were compelling enough for you to buy?

#12653 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Right? Im hoping that if Elwins next game isnt BTTF or Bill and Ted that its a theme that i not only have no interest in but actively dislike lol. Bring on U2, Pearl Jam and Trailer Park Boys (popular examples that i personally hate)

From Hamilton and hate Pearl Jam? Dang. Maybe you just hate the pin idea. They have played some great shows there.

#12654 3 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

I am curious. Out of your current 10, which of your games do you feel were targeted to your age demo? I could be wrong, but it seems to me only 2 or 3. For the ones that weren't, I wonder why they were compelling enough for you to buy?

Rick and Morty, Simpsons, Hot Wheels, Avenger's, Ghostbusters, Metallica.

Being born in 84, I grew up with hot wheels, ghostbusters, simpsons and metallica.

Metallica has wider appeal age wise, but they were huge in the 90's... Heck at woodstock 99, they killed it.

I own twilight zone based on how good it is, I have never watched the Twilight zone.

Same goes for Elvira, game play only as I know zero of her other than what's been done pin wise.

I think attack from mars & revenge from mars are themes without an age group. Almost like the maybe upcoming RAZA which I clowned around with putting a deposit on, but couldn't care to lose money.

#12655 3 years ago

In the past few years multiple pins have come out for multiple age groups. I'm not going to get pin specific, but you guys are on crack!

#12656 3 years ago

I was born in 84 and consider Twilight Zone to be one of the all time great TV shows still to this day.

As far as 'Next Stern Pin' goes, I'd love to see some good nunsploitation theme like Malabimba, more the more traditional classic, Killer Nun!

How about a good revenge thriller like Ms. 45 or They Call Her One Eye, or I Spit on Your Grave or Lady Snowblood? Or an all time classic like Death Wish?

Bronson deserves a pinball machine, I dont care how old or young your money is.

#12657 3 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Im 38 and i only count 1 game not aimed at my age (Elvira).
Cartoons, scifi, comics. Fun for nerds of all ages. This is a great lineup btw.

#12658 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

From Hamilton and hate Pearl Jam? Dang. Maybe you just hate the pin idea. They have played some great shows there.

Nope. Sorry but Eddy Vedder makes my want to rip my ears off. Mumbly mouthed wino is overated in my books but i also cant stand Aerosmith and they got a pin so...

#12659 3 years ago

Before all that I’d like a THEY LIVE and an ARMY OF DARKNESS pin. MS 45 would be pretty cool but I think a grindhouse pin that has like 10-15 classic grind films in it would be even better. Similar to how EHOH utilizes all its B movies...each mode is a flick

Quoted from sunnRAT:

I was born in 84 and consider Twilight Zone to be one of the all time great TV shows still to this day.
As far as 'Next Stern Pin' goes, I'd love to see some good nunsploitation theme like Malabimba, more the more traditional classic, Killer Nun!
How about a good revenge thriller like Ms. 45 or They Call Her One Eye, or I Spit on Your Grave or Lady Snowblood? Or an all time classic like Death Wish?
Bronson deserves a pinball machine, I dont care how old or young your money is.

#12660 3 years ago

Here's My "Take my Money Now!" Wishlist in no particular order except BTTF wins it all...I just turned 48 for reference

Music Pins:

Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Cage the Elephant, Queen, Weezer

Movie Pins:

BTTF, Superman, Christmas Vacation, Jaws, Matrix, Die Hard, Mandalorian, Top Gun

Video Game Pins:

Call of Duty, Halo, Mario, Half Life, Doom, Need for Speed

#12661 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Nope. Sorry but Eddy Vedder makes my want to rip my ears off. Mumbly mouthed wino is overated in my books but i also cant stand Aerosmith and they got a pin so...

Hahaha

#12662 3 years ago

Wow, this is my exact list for pins I never want to see haha.

Quoted from fooflighter:

Here's My "Take my Money Now!" Wishlist in no particular order except BTTF wins it all...I just turned 48 for reference
Music Pins:
Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Cage the Elephant, Queen, Weezer
Movie Pins:
BTTF, Superman, Christmas Vacation, Jaws, Matrix, Die Hard, Mandalorian, Top Gun
Video Game Pins:

#12663 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Wow, this is my exact list for pins I never want to see haha.

I honestly don't get the Back to the Future and have no interest. Here come the down votes.

#12664 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Music Pins:
Movie Pins:
Video Game Pins:

Just turned 48 and agree with many of your movie picks.
Superman would be preferred if it was the ones we grew up with.

#12665 3 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I honestly don't get the Back to the Future and have no interest. Here come the down votes.

Nah that's cool, it's a time and age thing...I was 13 in 1985, Spielberg, Fox, the 80's...nostalgia overload, it's really my favorite movie of all time, but my wife and kids give me eye rolls

#12666 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Oh yeah, original Richard Donner Superman or nothing

#12667 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Nah that's cool, it's a time and age thing...I was 13 in 1985, Spielberg, Fox, the 80's...nostalgia overload, it's really my favorite movie of all time, but my wife and kids give me eye rolls

We're the same age. I liked the first movie, but the rest were meh. Jaws and Black Sabbath interest me and those are about the same time period. Sabbath being a little older, but they're my favorite band. I do like the ideas of pins that are current. I'm just tired of all the Avenger / Super Hero games, even tho they play great.

#12668 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Said this to a buddy last night and I'll say it here:
I know everyone loves Elwin (guilty as charged) and wants him on everything and Gomez is allegedly not designing anymore. But man, the Deadpool team should be on another pin stat. It's just so fun and has a ton of personality - really great theme integration and zaniness in one frenetic package. Would love to see another comedic pin come from the same crew.

I'm always completely baffled that pod-casters aren't asking every Stern employee "When is Tanio's next game?, Tanio is doing another game, right?". Dwight, Rick, and Sexton have all had at least two games come out since Deadpool. I want to see what Tanio does next!

#12669 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

+1 for just turned 48 and I can totally live with that lineup

#12670 3 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

I'm always completely baffled that pod-casters aren't asking every Stern employee "When is Tanio's next game?, Tanio is doing another game, right?". Dwight, Rick, and Sexton have all had at least two games come out since Deadpool. I want to see what Tanio does next!

He helped out with other games since then, but yeah, I'm very interested to know what his next game is. Really impressed with the way his code works and his dedication to polish. He's the anti-Lonnie.

#12671 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

There is a George Gomez interview that included talk about Beatlejuice. He said they had the license and had roundtable meetings about that title and several others, and there wasn't enough interest from the design teams to run with it. He said each team (Gomez, Richie, Borg, Keith, etc.) can basically speak up and express the desire to take the license and go with it. None of the teams wanted to do it more than the other titles they had available. He was specifically asked "how close was Beatlejuice to getting made?" He said something like, "no closer or further than any other license we had on the table to pick from." I'm paraphrasing, but that's pretty close I think. I like the movie and would like to see it made. I would also love to see a Superman pin and maybe Muppets or Disney's Haunted Mansion or Scooby Doo, but I'm still a little kid.

Any chance you have a link to this interview?

Your post raises a question on my end. If you are working in a design team and you got a set of licenses in front of you where you can pick from, is a site like this helping you with deciding on which theme you want to work next? So, are we somehow influencing the choice of the desingteam?

If so: team, I challenge you to give the more than iconic movie "Back To The Future" the gem it needs. The DE implementation was crap, as DE was well known for. There is a broad fanbase for this movie and even on location the DE version is getting a lot of attention (but left after 1 or 2 balls because it's a complete turd).

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
#12672 3 years ago

The best rock band for a music pin still has not been made. Queen to me is my dream pin. Great high energy songs. Additionally their music is a great fit for a pin due to the imagery and themes their songs could bring to a pin. You can almost picture what a Queen pin could look like when listening to their music

Hammer to fall
Don’t stop me now
Tie your mother down
Fat bottom girls
Bicycle race
Radio ga ga
Etc

Problem is, there are so many songs that would work well with a pin, ultimately you will be disappointed because songs will be left out.

My second music theme pin is Beastie Boys. Another group whose songs could easily be converted into some great images and themes for a Pin. Just not sure what appeal the Beastie Boys would have to the pinball community.

#12673 3 years ago

Late to the party finally got some time to dive into IQ Premium. Damn I'm impressed. A mix of everything, Deadpool, Elwin & lots of fun Cirqus Voltaire/Theater of Magic vibes. I hoped for Elwin does Deadpool and definitely got it. Can't wait to dive in some more. I purposely ignored all reviews and video content until busting it open btw, made for a great fun experience.

What's common concensus on the game? Do I read back? Do I care? lol...back to playing...

#12674 3 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Late to the party finally got some time to dive into IQ Premium. Damn I'm impressed. A mix of everything, Deadpool, Elwin & lots of fun Cirqus Voltaire/Theater of Magic vibes. I hoped for Elwin does Deadpool and definitely got it. Can't wait to dive in some more. I purposely ignored all reviews and video content until busting it open btw, made for a great fun experience.
What's common concensus on the game? Do I read back? Do I care? lol...back to playing...

You just gotta go back one page......

Quoted from frankmac:

Picked up a Avengers Premium today and holy shit is Elwin a monster in regards to game design!!
WOW !!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from cooked71:

AIQ is next level design - no question. Anyone that doesnt see this either hasnt played one or is an idiot

#12675 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Music Pins:
Movie Pins:
Video Game Pins:

Foo Fighters.

25 year back catalog - still huge today.

Imagine Dave Grohl doing all the call outs - he has so much passion for every project - it would be awesome!

And Keith to complete the dream team

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12676 3 years ago

This could have been cool with the Queen sound track and Connery call outs would be awesome !

hg (resized).JPGhg (resized).JPGkurg (resized).jpgkurg (resized).jpg
#12677 3 years ago

Loved Highlander back in the 80’s. For some reason, watching the acting now is a chore.

#12678 3 years ago

As a kid playing games based off movies T2 or Lw3, what a blast... it was great, but now I play those games and they transport me back to that time of my life.. Those games are nostalgic to me now.... It is really estrange, the sounds, the callouts, lots of memories....I stand in front of those machines and it all comes back. I love it.

Anyway, I think a BTTF game would be incredible. Get Elwin to design it, make it super fast! get the ball to get to a certain speed in order to time travel...
WHHHHAT!!!!! I would take a loan to buy it. lol

#12679 3 years ago

I'll say it again... DLR Van Halen and Foo Fighters! Kick ass music, huge catalogues... I'd buy either in a heart beat no matter what I had to sell to get em!

#12680 3 years ago

Blasphemy.

I hope I ride the pinball wave where it takes me soon......

#12681 3 years ago

John Wick - Ironman 2.0
Dredd - Karl Urban custom callouts
SAW - traps as physical ball locks/mechs
Fast & Furious - give Ritchie a monster licence and let him go out with a bang!
BTTF - all time classic!!

That’s pretty much it for themes I’d love to see, I’m 35 so classics like BTTF grab my attention but I’d love to see newer films and not just blockbusters, films with cult followings like Dredd would be awesome!

#12682 3 years ago

Films:
Godzilla
Clockwork Orange
They Live
Army of Darkness
Beetlejuice
Akira
Forbidden Zone
Labyrinth
Legend

Shows:
Bobs Burgers
Adventure Time
Archer

Games:
Magic: The Gathering
Dungeons and Dragons
Operation (lock bar zaps you when you miss timed shots)

Video games:
Legend of Zelda
Tomb Raider
Resident Evil

#12683 3 years ago

I see a lot of people complaining they want a younger generation themed pinball? I'm 37 and honestly enjoy most of the New Stens coming out. I'm more about the way the games play and the entertainment factor than theme. I honestly wasn't much of an Iron Maiden fan untill I played the pinball. I was hooked and it's now my favorite pinball ever made, I even tracked down a limited Edition and traded my premium plus cash for it. I own pretty much all of sterns newer lineup aside from the Beatles. It seems like they have a pretty good handle on whats going to sell well, and be popular. If they do come out with an original themed machine, I would hope Keith Elwin is on on it because it could be a pinball themed about standing in line at the DMV and I have faith he would kill it! I'm still holding out for a new Back to the Future. (I guess I'm in the old man category now also)? Haha

#12684 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Your Ghostbusters looks out of level.

That's how you fix the flipper gap

#12685 3 years ago

Addams family but the TV show version.

#12686 3 years ago
Quoted from Raiders36:

Blasphemy.
I hope I ride the pinball wave where it takes me soon......

#metoo I would buy every version if they made it.

#12687 3 years ago

cookie monster should get his own game.

#12688 3 years ago

Some themes that would interest me and I could see doing well.
Films
John Wick
Matrix
Pulp Fiction
Predator
BTTF
Beetlejuice
Jaws
Planet Of The Apes
Blade Runner

Bands
Black Sabbath
Motley Crue
Beastie Boys
Megadeth
Motorhead
Queen
Van Halen

Comic
Punisher
Ghost Rider

#12689 3 years ago

Oh yeah predator forgot about that one!

But I think that would be a smart move on PinballBrothers part, follow up Alien2.0 with Predator, talk about making easy money!!

#12690 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

BTTF - all time classic!!

Second this one, BTTF all the way!

#12691 3 years ago

Why hasn't Braveheart made anyone's list?

#12692 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I would love to see a Pink Floyd pin too. If they can make DE Tommy work, I think PF can work. The light show would have to be fantastic. It looks like JJP and Stern are going all-in on the light shows with GNR and Led Zep. Maybe PF will happen someday.

If you want a theme to really showcase sound and light - Jean Michel Jarre would be the one to go with.

#12693 3 years ago

Still holding out hopes for a BTTF remake utilizing all 3 films, video clips, music. I love that Justin taunts the player on Rick and Morty, would love to see Thomas Wilson do callouts as Biff taunting the player "Way to drain, butthead!" Would love to see a Tron Vault too.. but we'll prob get a Spongebob Squarepants pin next instead. lol

#12694 3 years ago

Dream themes for me:

Music:
The Chemical Brothers (tons of perfect songs and lots of theme possibilities)
Radiohead (my favorite band, but I am the first to agree their music may not be suitable for pinball)
The Grateful Dead (while I can appreciate their music, it's the fact my wife would agree to one immediately, I can also envision an excellent art package)
Pink Floyd
Daft Punk

Movies:
Anything Tarantino, but ideally Pulp Fiction
True Lies (still an all-time favorite)
Scarface
A Clockwork Orange
The Fifth Element

#12695 3 years ago

If Black Knight, JP, Start Wars, and Elvira can all be redone I'd love to see a new Dirty Harry Pinball. Give Clint some love while we still have him!! Or even something based on the westerns he rocked!

#12696 3 years ago

I am turning 50 on the 17th of this month and there is a lot of great movies, shows, bands I got to see in my 5 decades of life. I just watched John Carpenters The Thing and forgot how great that movie was as is the original. Would it make a great pin, I don’t know but leaning towards it would be ok.

There’s a lot of things I love that I would love to see as a pin. I love EHOH and put a deposit down for one but not a huge fan of hers, but the pin is great and the theme is still a draw for me. I love cheesy horror and sci fi movies, and plus it’s Elvira.

Dead Pool is a great game and the character is after my time because I grew up a DC fan.

I am really looking forward to Godzilla and any upcoming Stern announcements.

I think Queen would be a home run and would do better than Led Zeppelin. I love Led Zeppelin but Queen has a huge fan base and are more popular in my opinion. And I have to admit Queen is a better band. Freddie was a brilliant songwriter and one of the greatest voices ever.

Any Queen song from there hits would be amazing. Give Bohemian Rhapsody a JJP light show and throw in a We Will Rock You multiball I am in.

With modern pins having a killer soundtrack and sound effects is a huge plus for me. That’s one of the reasons BKSOR hooked me in. Great art, sounds, and music plus was great fun for me.

I would also love a Motley Crue pin based on their first five Lps Too Fast For Love, Shout At the Devil, Theatre of Pain, Girls, Girls, Girls, and Dr Feelgood.

Theatre is Pain or Dr Feelgood would be a cool looking cabinet with the LP cover on the backglass or a Shout At The Devil all in black with red trim and put their faces on the side (I know Kiss was done like that twice) like it was on the cassette and have the pentagram on the backglass with Motley Crue in red letters or do poster art or album covers on the cabinet like GnR.

Any song would kick a$$ from the first five Lps. Take two from each and I would be happy. Here’s my picks for ten Crue songs

Too Fast For Love
Public Enemy #1
Shout At the Devil
Ten Seconds To Love
Smokin in the Boys Room
Louder Than Hell
Sumthin' for Nuthin
Girls Girls Girls
Kick Start My Heart
Same Ol' Situation

This would be freaking sick and would love to see this happen but doubt it.

We can all dream.

#12697 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I am turning 50 on the 17th of this month and there is a lot of great movies, shows, bands I got to see in my 5 decades of life. I just watched John Carpenters The Thing and forgot how great that movie was as is the original. Would it make a great pin, I don’t know but leaning towards it would be ok.

Haha. Scanning this first paragraph instead of reading carefully, I initially thought a music pin for "The Carpenters" was on your wishlist. I rejected that idea could possibly be right and more carefully re-read what you actually wrote, which made more sense.

#12698 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I initially thought a music pin for "The Carpenters" was on your wishlist.

So, launch the ball as the game plays "We've Only Just Begun" and hear "Top of the World" when you beat the wizard mode?

#12699 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

If Black Knight, JP, Start Wars, and Elvira can all be redone I'd love to see a new Dirty Harry Pinball. Give Clint some love while we still have him!! Or even something based on the westerns he rocked!

Could be a tall order to better the first attempt, the original is a fantastic game, it’s just unfortunate it’s massively underrated and overlooked.

#12700 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

So, launch the ball as the game plays "We've Only Just Begun" and hear "Top of the World" when you beat the wizard mode?

Then plays "Superstar" when you fail the wizard mode for a melancholy fail-lap mode:

Seriously, though, listening to some of their songs again just now, Karen Carpenter had a ridiculously pure tone and unbelievable pitch control. I guess the overwhelming volume of sad songs she put out should have been a clue that she wasn't well, but then again, there's Morrissey, and he's still here...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 24.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,893 posts in this topic. You are on page 254 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/254 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.