images (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_4963.gif
Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg
Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,988 posts in this topic. You are on page 253 of 940.
#12602 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

what about a game where the theme is The Devil crashes a New Year's party in New York and inhabits a man's body. He searches for his bride, a woman named Christine York, as he wants her to bear his child and destroy the world and it's your job an ex-cop now security guard to try and stop him and save the world! Stern should be all over that license!

That sounds like the movie 'End of Days'.

#12603 3 years ago

If making money were the object - Gordon Gekko Does Wall Street. Shoot left orbit and buy 1M shares of IBM at $55. Shoot right ramp and sell 100M shares of Anacot Steel, at market peak.

46F336D7-E129-4EA0-91E9-0F68225D8E2B.jpeg46F336D7-E129-4EA0-91E9-0F68225D8E2B.jpegC29FB145-7CC8-46C7-89A2-0A409F507CB5.jpegC29FB145-7CC8-46C7-89A2-0A409F507CB5.jpeg

672741B2-45C6-49BE-8040-78FEAE01DC63 (resized).jpeg672741B2-45C6-49BE-8040-78FEAE01DC63 (resized).jpeg531F88BC-A9B8-45EA-A328-7B830CE64888 (resized).jpeg531F88BC-A9B8-45EA-A328-7B830CE64888 (resized).jpeg

#12604 3 years ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

My wife and I have been asking for this. Imagine doing the wall with the tech from stranger things. The playfield needs to ne original and not this phone home crap.

Pink Floyd music is way to slow for a pin.

#12605 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Pink Floyd music is way to slow for a pin.

I dunno. I could see a pin based around The Wall. The software design would have to be pretty different, but it could be a flowy, but very unusual game. Not Orbiter 1 unusual, but different type of play.

#12606 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

That sounds like the movie 'End of Days'.

Thanks for decipher that PinballManiac40... I had no clue what was the Movie since that was written

#12607 3 years ago

Funhouse 2: Send in the Clowns

1BED3B32-8D9C-4219-AADB-2DEC93AE3D97 (resized).jpeg1BED3B32-8D9C-4219-AADB-2DEC93AE3D97 (resized).jpeg934C16EC-27D4-4738-A242-922D72D89FDF (resized).jpeg934C16EC-27D4-4738-A242-922D72D89FDF (resized).jpeg
#12608 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I dunno. I could see a pin based around The Wall. The software design would have to be pretty different, but it could be a flowy, but very unusual game. Not Orbiter 1 unusual, but different type of play.

If it were the based strictly on The Wall, or Dark side of the Moon, concept albums, yes, which would probably be the only way this would be considered.

#12609 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

If it were the based strictly on The Wall, or Dark side of the Moon, concept albums, yes, which would probably be the only way this would be considered.

They can reskin all the Zepellin machines that nobody wants? Too harsh?

#12610 3 years ago
Quoted from tigzzz:

Does anybody know why Pink Floyd has not been done yet? There are so many great music clips and themes to choose from. It could be one of the greatest pins of all time if done well in my opinion.

because its 2021 and there are already enough grandpa rock machines that appeal to mostly a white male age 55 and over audience.
let's move forward shall we?
more people like pinball than that.

#12611 3 years ago

Instead, lets sell to the demographic that has no money and/or doesn't buy pinball machines. Why would Stern want to go with themes that appeal to their prime market base? You know... the one's that actually buy the machines. That would be stupid.

#12612 3 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

Instead, lets sell to the demographic that has no money and/or doesn't buy pinball machines. Why would Stern want to go with themes that appeal to their prime market base? You know... the one's that actually buy the machines. That would be stupid.

Plus, Stern isn’t about to make the same mistake again, after such colossal flops as AC/DC, Metallica, and Iron Maiden. Lesson learned.

#12613 3 years ago

Assuming that people under the age of 50 don’t buy ( or can’t afford ) pinball machines is ludicrous.

Quoted from jcg9998:

#12614 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

JJP had that license. Dunno if they gave it up, but Muppets and Toy Story are the only ones of the leaked list from years ago that haven't happened yet, and we know Lawlor's got Toy Story.

Actually Stern had the Muppets license at one point. Not sure about JJP.

#12615 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Assuming that people under the age of 50 don’t buy ( or can’t afford ) pinball machines is ludicrous.

34 here. Prime demographic I see buying used pins from me or I am buying pins from is 35-48 year old caucasian males... mostly with childeren.

#12616 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Assuming anybody here believes ‘everybody’ in that category can’t buy is equally ludicrous. I could be wrong and have serious confirmation-bias, but when I look around at most pinheads I know... there seems to be a bit of a trend.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12617 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

34 here. Prime demographic I see buying used pins from me or I am buying pins from is 35-48 year old caucasian males... mostly with childeren.

Quoted from skink91:

Assuming anybody here believes ‘everybody’ in that category can’t buy is equally ludicrous. I could be wrong and have serious confirmation-bias, but when I look around at most pinheads I know... there seems to be a bit of a trend.

30 is the new 50.

#12618 3 years ago

Assuming that pinball was most popular between late 80s and mid 90s, it is not strange to say that most people into pinball are at least 35+, of course that is not all people, but relatively I think so.
And probably the 30 to 40 generation might be more busy with family or buying a house, and then a pinball most of the time is not top priority, and the fact that most women (DISCLAIMER: NOT ALL!) prefer a side table in the living room over a pinball machine for some reason, is not helping either.
I guess that is why most pinheads also expect that the general buyer is 45+, most of the time you have your life and finances a bit in order then.
The younger people that are really into pinball probably have it from their parents...

#12619 3 years ago

Since Stern is in the 70’s with LZ, I wish they’d stay the course. Young Frankenstein would be interesting. It’s a Mel Brooks comedy and a good one at that. It stars Gene Wilder and his work is hot, and the entire cast has great lines, puns and innuendo. It has a a known storyline that is liked. It has fantastic black and white imagery for a pinball machine. It even has .. a weak music track, so they could show the movie with dialog together. But they should also hire a Wilder sound alike for pinball callouts. I know the campiness appeals to the 50 year olds, but I think it appeals to 20-30 market too. The one drawback to this theme is the lack of action. It relies on humor, the script and some special effects to work.

83584C6B-E11D-48AC-9E94-F360DE04839B.gif83584C6B-E11D-48AC-9E94-F360DE04839B.gifFEFDF02D-411E-43F9-95BD-152D3A2A2579.gifFEFDF02D-411E-43F9-95BD-152D3A2A2579.gif

#12620 3 years ago

Hate to break it to y’all but every companies main concern in addition to retaining customers is finding new ones. It’s important for stern to focus on both the 50+ crowd aaaand the 21 year old going to their first arcade bar. I’m 32 and all the people I play pin with are 40 and younger. There is a reason Rick & Morty and Stranger Things came out this last year. Get used at least a couple games a year not being aimed at your age demographic. Led Zeppelin and Munsters wasn’t meant for me or my friends and that’s okay!

#12621 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Hate to break it to y’all but every companies main concern in addition to retaining customers is finding new ones. It’s important for stern to focus on both the 50+ crowd aaaand the 21 year old going to their first arcade bar. I’m 32 and all the people I play pin with are 40 and younger. There is a reason Rick & Morty and Stranger Things came out this last year. Get used at least a couple games a year not being aimed at your age demographic. Led Zeppelin and Munsters wasn’t meant for me or my friends and that’s okay!

That's actually a good thing, buying 3 or 4 pins a year would become very expensive

#12622 3 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

That's actually a good thing, buying 3 or 4 pins a year would become very expensive

Amen. Honestly whenever a game isn’t aimed at me I’m glad. Don’t have to obsess over gameplay videos to try and decide if it’s worth investing in or not. I can just look forward to a few months of peace and then we rinse and repeat.

#12623 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Amen. Honestly whenever a game isn’t aimed at me I’m glad. Don’t have to obsess over gameplay videos to try and decide if it’s worth investing in or not. I can just look forward to a few months of peace and then we rinse and repeat.

Right? Im hoping that if Elwins next game isnt BTTF or Bill and Ted that its a theme that i not only have no interest in but actively dislike lol. Bring on U2, Pearl Jam and Trailer Park Boys (popular examples that i personally hate)

#12624 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Right? Im hoping that if Elwins next game isnt BTTF or Bill and Ted that its a theme that i not only have no interest in but actively dislike lol. Bring on U2, Pearl Jam and Trailer Park Boys (popular examples that i personally hate)

You wouldn’t be into Mr Lahey yelling shit-isms at you?

TPB being popular, let alone good, is in the distant past. But they do seem like the kind of license that you would get full access to all clips and plenty of custom call outs from the cast. Cant be that expensive.

They need licenses like that. Cheap but very flexible and available for custom work.

We all know that Rick and Morty is so good mostly because of the access they had with creators.

#12625 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I am new here but I know this is me in a few months. lol

#12626 3 years ago

I'm 36, with 70K worth of pins in my basement... 3 being NIB this year...

Yes, please dont make things the under 50 crowd will buy..

We just dont buy pins! Please dont make anything I want to buy. I just cant!

/Sarcasm

(Not Shown RFM, Hot Wheels)

PXL_20210104_195657825 (resized).jpgPXL_20210104_195657825 (resized).jpg

#12627 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

/Sarcasm
[quoted image]

Your Ghostbusters looks out of level.

#12628 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

/Sarcasm
[quoted image]

I completely agree with you. Games that appeal to the 30 to 50 age range should be made just as those that appeal to those of us in our 50s and beyond. It’s the best way to ensure the hobby’s future. Not to mention guys (and a few girls) in the older age brackets would still be interested in some titles geared to the younger demographic. BTW nice collection!!!

#12629 3 years ago

They need to get off their ass and vault LOTR.

#12630 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Gomez has basically said it isn't happening because the amount of work required to port the game from the old Whitestar system, which they can't economically source parts for anymore. The vault program is only doing SAM and Spike games

#12631 3 years ago

I waited for this vault for so long I finally pulled trigger on a 2003 a couiple months back. This game is so great - I can't stop playing it.

#12632 3 years ago
Quoted from Tungs10:

I waited for this vault for so long I finally pulled trigger on a 2003 a couiple months back. This game is so great - I can't stop playing it.

I missed out on a lot of good games during this time... really curious about it!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12633 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Gomez has basically said it isn't happening because the amount of work required to port the game from the old Whitestar system, which they can't economically source parts for anymore. The vault program is only doing SAM and Spike games

This was also said about AC/DC vault (not possible, license gone, too hard, etc) despite rumors all over the place until literally the day it happened. Hilariously, someone was dogging me about saying it was coming, telling me how wrong I was here on pinside, and literally the next day it was announced. It was a funny bit in that thread. (link: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-being-re-run/page/3#post-3774674)

Gomez has also said on the record if there's demand for a pin, Stern will work to make sure it happens. Once you realize Gomez's statements are completely situational and subject to change day to day, or even hour to hour, it becomes easier to reconcile his conflicting statements.

There's too much money in a Spike LotR. All the hard game design, mechanical and software work is done. Porting is relatively trivial compared to building from scratch, and LotR Spike will be a monster hit all over again. It will eclipse all other vaults by several multiples and spawn Stern's first $2000 topper, which will sell out immediately.

They're doing it. They like money too much not to, and LotR Spike is something that never happens in pinball, a better version of a classic and a guaranteed hit - all over again.

#12634 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This was also said about AC/DC vault (not possible, license gone, too hard, etc) despite rumors all over the place until literally the day it happened. Hilariously, someone was dogging me about saying it was coming, telling me how wrong I was here on pinside, and literally the next day it was announced. It was a funny bit in that thread.
Gomez has also said on the record if there's demand for a pin, Stern will work to make sure it happens. Once you realize Gomez's statements are completely situational and subject to change day to day, or even hour to hour, it becomes easier to reconcile his conflicting statements.
There's too much money in a Spike LotR. All the hard game design, mechanical and software work is done. Porting is relatively trivial compared to building from scratch, and LotR Spike will be a monster hit all over again. It will eclipse all other vaults by several multiples and spawn Stern's first $2000 topper, which will sell out immediately.
They're doing it. They like money too much not to, and LotR Spike is something that never happens in pinball, a guaranteed hit.

Hey I’d love to be wrong and agree he’s probably overstating the software work involved

Only repeating what he said in a semi-recent interview with Super Awesome Pinball Podcast

Also let’s get real. If they vault it, it’s definetly a premium only title that will go for $8k+. Even with most of the design work done, there is a ton of “stuff” compared to their current offerings.

If someone wants a LOTR, go buy one. Stern isn’t about to remake it for less than what a nice one goes for.

#12635 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Hey I’d love to be wrong and agree he’s probably overstating the software work involved
Only repeating what he said in a semi-recent interview with Super Awesome Pinball Podcast
Also let’s get real. If they vault it, it’s definetly a premium only title that will go for $8k+. Even with most of the design work done, there is a ton of “stuff” compared to their current offerings.
If someone wants a LOTR, go buy one. Stern isn’t about to remake it for less than what a nice one goes for.

Oh, it will definitely go for good money, no illusions there.

But given that a Spike version fixes a long list of issues and shortcomings with the original Whitestar LotR with upgrades like: Color screen, better flippers, native shaker support, full RGB inserts, stereo sound, subwoofer output, non-dotty playfield and cabinet art, etc etc etc, people will gladly pay the premium LotR Spike will command. And the $2000 Eye of Sauron topper that gives you secret access to There and Back Again challenge mode directly will sell out on day one.

#12636 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Oh, it will definitely go for good money, no illusions there.
But given that a Spike version fixes a long list of issues and shortcomings with the original Whitestar LotR with upgrades like: Color screen, better flippers, native shaker support, full RGB inserts, stereo sound, subwoofer output, non-dotty playfield and cabinet art, etc etc etc, people will gladly pay the premium LotR Spike will command. And the $2000 Eye of Sauron topper that gives you secret access to There and Back Again challenge mode directly will sell out on day one.

Ugh. If they could reuse the projector from Batman 66 or even the LZ topper to make an Eye of Sauron topper. Drool

#12637 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

BAHAHAHA LMFAO, WOW YOU ARE FUNNY, CORRECT AND A DICK LOL. dude seriously, great comment snicker snicker.

#12638 3 years ago

its coming and it will have an lcd screen on it if I had a LOTR right now I would sell it immediately.

#12639 3 years ago

Picked up a Avengers Premium today and holy shit is Elwin a monster in regards to game design!!

WOW !!!

363300C4-1F49-4A09-A615-CAD6FA999997 (resized).jpeg363300C4-1F49-4A09-A615-CAD6FA999997 (resized).jpegA964EB66-A78F-4B43-811B-43AFAC7E2362 (resized).jpegA964EB66-A78F-4B43-811B-43AFAC7E2362 (resized).jpeg
#12640 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That's impressive. I usually have to be in the same room as the pin and use an app to gauge such things.

#12641 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Picked up a Avengers Premium today and holy shit is Elwin a monster in regards to game design!!
WOW !!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

AIQ is next level design - no question. Anyone that doesnt see this either hasnt played one or is an idiot

#12642 3 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

BAHAHAHA LMFAO, WOW YOU ARE FUNNY, CORRECT AND A DICK LOL. dude seriously, great comment snicker snicker.

Aaahh, thanks, I think?

Quoted from KrisGonzo:

That's impressive. I usually have to be in the same room as the pin and use an app to gauge such things.

I just know what to look for. It's a typical Millenial trait - just throws the game in there without checking because he has no patience to level it and needs instant gratification. He should just use his piece of Smashed Avo Toast undet the left legs to level it.

(All jokes he he)

#12643 3 years ago

LOTR pinball is so old, Cap'n Crunch was still a private. Let’s face it the software and the game are 17 years ancient. Instead of remaking or upgrading LOTR, Stern should design another version. Can you say ELOTR (E=Elwin)? I can’t think of a better theme or better person to design the game. Keith already redesigned Avengers so why not ELOTR? There may be 1k people interested in an updated LOTR but I’ll be there are 5X that amount that would like an Elwin version? What do you think! should we drop our pressure on Stern to reproduce LOTR and petition them to remake one of their classics?

Give me one theme better than LOTR. Not BTTF, not Gremlins, Not Jaws and Not Godzilla because those aren’t. Although I would like Jaws.

#12644 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

AIQ is next level design - no question. Anyone that doesnt see this either hasnt played one or is an idiot

Iron Maiden is great, Jp is fantastic, this layout is amazing.

#12645 3 years ago

GODZILLA.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

LOTR pinball is so old, Cap'n Crunch was still a private. Let’s face it the software and the game are 17 years ancient. Instead of remaking or upgrading LOTR, Stern should design another version. Can you say ELOTR (E=Elwin)? I can’t think of a better theme or better person to design the game. Keith already redesigned Avengers so why not ELOTR? There may be 1k people interested in an updated LOTR but I’ll be there are 5X that amount that would like an Elwin version? What do you think! should we drop our pressure on Stern to reproduce LOTR and petition them to remake one of their classics?
Give me one theme better than LOTR. Not BTTF, not Gremlins, Not Jaws and Not Godzilla because those aren’t. Although I would like Jaws.

#12646 3 years ago

I'd prefer to see Elwin do a Zelda or Metroid pin. One day...

#12647 3 years ago

Stern would have to pay me to play a U2 themed game.

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

#12648 3 years ago

An Elwin Legend of Zelda would be a dream come true.

Quoted from UNCgump:

I'd prefer to see Elwin do a Zelda or Metroid pin. One day...

#12649 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Its leaning on avengers, as its peg legged as I repair a spot on the cab.

And good eye!

#12650 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

Its leaning on avengers, as its peg legged as I repair a spot on the cab.
And good eye!

Fantastic line-up BTW.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,988 posts in this topic. You are on page 253 of 940.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/253 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.