Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG
dr (resized).jpg
IMG_2624 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,832 posts in this topic. You are on page 252 of 937.
#12551 3 years ago

Stern. Like this. Elwin / Lyman. Let’s go!

D4E50083-F7FE-49F8-AE33-15CCB1B2A5EB (resized).jpegD4E50083-F7FE-49F8-AE33-15CCB1B2A5EB (resized).jpeg
#12552 3 years ago

Elvira is basically done. So Lyman has to be working on something.

It’d be fun if it was an Elwin game. I don’t mind Lyman staying on KaPow games if that means he gets the budget to cut up hours and hours of clips for his games. I wonder if Elwin would ever do a KaPow title with Lyman? Then they’d have the toys and lots of Godzilla/James Bond/whatever movies to work with.

#12553 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It’d be fun if it was an Elwin game. I don’t mind Lyman staying on KaPow games if that means he gets the budget to cut up hours and hours of clips for his games. I wonder if Elwin would ever do a KaPow title with Lyman? Then they’d have the toys and lots of Godzilla/James Bond/whatever movies to work with.

Elwin and Lyman is the dream team and if they land together on James Bond then that’s the trifecta the holy bloody trinity, I’d sell a kidney to finance that game.

#12554 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

that's a great thought kapow with Lyman and Elwin, a guaranteed winner

#12555 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Stern. Like this. Elwin / Lyman. Let’s go!
[quoted image]

I like your poster. However, ZY is whom you need to address your design concepts for GZ.

#12556 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

War of the worlds 50s style

How about the classic 50’s “ The Day the Earth Stood Still”

“The Blob”
“ Forbidden Planet”

#12557 3 years ago

Just here to remind everyone the 50’s were 70 years ago.

#12558 3 years ago

Disagree. ZY’s art has been phoned in the last few titles. TMNT and AIQ art packages are both underwhelming. It’s not a good idea for Stern to utilize one graphic artist to dress ALL of their pins. The entire brand would end up reading as homogeneous, trite and each title will feel less special over time. More youngblood fresh art is needed. I like ZY, his work on IMDN and DP was great....but he is not the greatest graphic artist available. That’s a fact.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I like your poster. However, ZY is whom you need to address your design concepts for GZ.

#12559 3 years ago

Why do people think Elwin would *want* to work with Sheats, or vice-versa?
Elwin seems to content to code his own games. He might even insist on it. And Sheats probably wouldn't care to be on a project where he wasn't truly the lead. Just a guess.

#12560 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Disagree. ZY’s art has phoned in the last few. TMNT and AIQ art packages are both underwhelming. It’s not a good idea for Stern to utilize one graphic artist to dress ALL of their pins. The entire brand would end up reading as homogeneous, trite and each title will feel less special over time. More youngblood fresh art is needed. Also...Stern should hire an art consultant. I like ZY, his work on IMDN and DP was great....but he is not the greatest graphic artist a available. That’s a fact.

True ZY has been inconsistent. When he’s on, he’s great. We know ZY is on Elwin’s next game, so he is the defacto artist. Given the GZ poster above being in circulation means that it is probably the worst layout and artistic ability ZY would design to, and that’s good in my book. If You had to choose a Stern artist, whom would you want? The other artist who could rise to the task is Dirty Donny. If they could bring him back for another job, he would be my second choice.

But I don’t mind if they seek out new talent for future projects. Lots of artists out there and if Stern’s art director selects a good one or two, and gives them some direction, the game artwork can turn out better than ever.

#12561 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

ZY’s art has phoned in the last few.

Disagree with that. It’s just his style that looks similar. Agree that Stern need some variety. Falling out with Franchi was a big loss for Stern.

#12562 3 years ago

it seems a lot of people are saying the the next Elwin pin will be Godzilla or BTTF, they said it would be Queen or Led Zeppelin and so many were right. so I am curious how do people figure this out? I would love Godzilla by Elwin, sign me up for an LE!!!

#12563 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I'd be completely in on a Crue pin.
On another note....I'd love to see a pin based on any Tarantino movie. But Django and Inglorious Basterds will never happen. Most likely there is something offensive in every other movie too. I can keep dreaming.......

I do have the Pulp Fiction mix for Pinsound on my High Speed 2! Lots of Samuel Jackson and Harvey Keitel swearing!

#12564 3 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

it seems a lot of people are saying the the next Elwin pin will be Godzilla or BTTF, they said it would be Queen or Led Zeppelin and so many were right. so I am curious how do people figure this out? I would love Godzilla by Elwin, sign me up for an LE!!!

It’s mostly wishful thinking and guessing. Then after we get closer to release some real info may come out but not always.

#12565 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I do have the Pulp Fiction mix for Pinsound on my High Speed 2! Lots of Samuel Jackson and Harvey Keitel swearing!

That I’d like to hear! Got a video?

#12566 3 years ago

Elwin
ZY
Mandolorian

Take my money now!

#12567 3 years ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

Elwin
ZY
Mandolorian
Take my money now!

Elwin ZY

What about a virus thats spreads around the world & you need to race to get the cure

#12568 3 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Elwin ZY
What about a virus thats spreads around the world & you need to race to get the cure

So you want a 12 Monkeys:The Series pin? That could be interesting. Just stop at Season 2.

#12569 3 years ago

How about The Omega Man?

427F41E5-F0D2-461F-8B31-509DB5109779 (resized).png427F41E5-F0D2-461F-8B31-509DB5109779 (resized).png
#12570 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

How about The Omega Man?
[quoted image]

Two thumbs up! Imagine Neville laughing when you lost the game , Mathias scenes, and Anthony Zerbe can do some recordings... the topper can be a Caesar bust, and the LE backglass with Heston in the green velvet blazer

I Love that Movie man!

#12571 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

How about The Omega Man?
[quoted image]

That's after most humanity is gone. 12 Monkeys you're trying to stop them from dying at all (retroactively).

#12572 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's after most humanity is gone. 12 Monkeys you're trying to stop them from dying at all (retroactively).

Hahahaha

#12573 3 years ago

It's highly unlikely, but Franchi on BTTF would be a dream come true. IMHO, the art on Stern's recent releases has not been up to par and often looks downright colorbombed.

#12574 3 years ago

Let's get back to the 40s when it was just radio. Little orphan Annie for the win. Maybe it could come with a secret decoder pin?

#12575 3 years ago

Does anybody know why Pink Floyd has not been done yet? There are so many great music clips and themes to choose from. It could be one of the greatest pins of all time if done well in my opinion.

#12576 3 years ago
Quoted from tigzzz:

Does anybody know why Pink Floyd has not been done yet? There are so many great music clips and themes to choose from. It could be one of the greatest pins of all time if done well in my opinion.

Cause the music sucks?

#12577 3 years ago
Quoted from tigzzz:

Does anybody know why Pink Floyd has not been done yet?

I was actually thinking about this a couple of days ago when PF came up on the radio. I thought to myself-not sure if it would fit or not? Would have to be mainly clips because of jammy long songs? I was thinking Van Halen, Def Leppard and Black Sabbath first-then we can see about Floyd?

Also had a thought the other day-When is someone going to make me a badass Beetlejuice pinball to go next to my Ghostbusters?

Beetlejuice..jpgBeetlejuice..jpg

Beetlejuice slot WMS.jpgBeetlejuice slot WMS.jpg

#12578 3 years ago
Quoted from tigzzz:

I reckon they would be a nightmare to work with.

The music would work for pinball at least as well as Zeppelin. “The Wall” alone would be an incredible game with amazing visual possibilities.

#12579 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I was actually thinking about this a couple of days ago when PF came up on the radio. I thought to myself-not sure if it would fit or not? Would have to be mainly clips because of jammy long songs? I was thinking Van Halen, Def Leppard and Black Sabbath first-then we can see about Floyd?
Also had a thought the other day-When is someone going to make me a badass Beetlejuice pinball to go next to my Ghostbusters?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

There is a George Gomez interview that included talk about Beatlejuice. He said they had the license and had roundtable meetings about that title and several others, and there wasn't enough interest from the design teams to run with it. He said each team (Gomez, Richie, Borg, Keith, etc.) can basically speak up and express the desire to take the license and go with it. None of the teams wanted to do it more than the other titles they had available. He was specifically asked "how close was Beatlejuice to getting made?" He said something like, "no closer or further than any other license we had on the table to pick from." I'm paraphrasing, but that's pretty close I think. I like the movie and would like to see it made. I would also love to see a Superman pin and maybe Muppets or Disney's Haunted Mansion or Scooby Doo, but I'm still a little kid.

#12580 3 years ago

Because the music is too slow and ethereal for pinball. Imagine ‘any color you like’ 6 ball multiball haha. I just don’t think PF translates well into pinball game play. Maybe if the game played like a sys 80.

Quoted from tigzzz:

#12581 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Because the music is too slow and ethereal for pinball. Imagine ‘any color you like’ 6 ball multiball haha. I just don’t think PF translates well into pinball game play.

As Pink Floyd is probably my favorite band, I have been trying to imagine a pin using their music and what it would look like for years - this is the conclusion I have always arrived at as well. But man, would I love to be proved wrong!

#12582 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

There is a George Gomez interview that included talk about Beatlejuice. He said they had the license and had roundtable meetings about that title and several others, and there wasn't enough interest from the design teams to run with it. He said each team (Gomez, Richie, Borg, Keith, etc.) can basically speak up and express the desire to take the license and go with it. None of the teams wanted to do it more than the other titles they had available. He was specifically asked "how close was Beatlejuice to getting made?" He said something like, "no closer or further than any other license we had on the table to pick from." I'm paraphrasing, but that's pretty close I think. I like the movie and would like to see it made. I would also love to see a Superman pin and maybe Muppets or Disney's Haunted Mansion or Scooby Doo, but I'm still a little kid.

So does Stern, JJP etc get a license for cheap, and then if the produce the game, they pay more, or do they pay a bunch of money for wasted licenses?

#12583 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

So does Stern, JJP etc get a license for cheap, and then if the produce the game, they pay more, or do they pay a bunch of money for wasted licenses?

Licensing deals tend to be different depending upon who you are dealing with.

It may be that in some cases, they can pay a small fee to get "dibs" on a license while they work out if/how they will use it. Then, if they decide to move forward, they make the "real" deal.

Though the bigger companies (i.e. Disney) probably wouldn't let you have time to "think about it".

#12584 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Licensing deals tend to be different depending upon who you are dealing with.
It may be that in some cases, they can pay a small fee to get "dibs" on a license while they work out if/how they will use it. Then, if they decide to move forward, they make the "real" deal.
Though the bigger companies (i.e. Disney) probably wouldn't let you have time to "think about it".

That makes sense, thanks.

#12585 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I have a hunch/hope that Spooky picked up this license. Dead Flip was going to homebrew it on stream but was told “Not to touch it.” So I think someone must be working on it.

#12586 3 years ago

ZYs last two titles, TMNT and AIQ, are absolutely gorgeous. Some of the best looking pins ever made.

#12587 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I’m still praying for The Muppet Show to happen...until then, can someone with the skill to make a mock-up like this do one for Disney’s The Haunted Mansion? (The classic park ride, not Eddie Murphy please). [quoted image]

Statler and Waldorf call outs for the win

#12588 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

ZYs last two titles, TMNT and AIQ, are absolutely gorgeous. Some of the best looking pins ever made.

Ive owned both and still own AIQ(love it), but I still think the deadpool artwork may be his best. TMNT art is just amazing as well.

#12589 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I have a hunch/hope that Spooky picked up this license. Dead Flip was going to homebrew it on stream but was told “Not to touch it.” So I think someone must be working on it.

I took that as he’s doing it for Stern whenever he goes full time designer.

#12590 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I haven’t read any details about procuring licenses, but I would assume there is a cost for the exclusive option itself, whether it’s ultimately used or not, and then if the license is used, perhaps a fee depending on the volume of games produced. Like so much $ per pin, or something. I read that Heighway Pinball bought the rights to make Queen and Playboy, for example, a couple years ago. Queen could have been interesting. And lord knows we need another Playboy pin. Aren’t there only 3?

#12591 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

As Pink Floyd is probably my favorite band, I have been trying to imagine a pin using their music and what it would look like for years - this is the conclusion I have always arrived at as well. But man, would I love to be proved wrong!

My wife and I have been asking for this. Imagine doing the wall with the tech from stranger things. The playfield needs to ne original and not this phone home crap.

#12592 3 years ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

My wife and I have been asking for this. Imagine doing the wall with the tech from stranger things. The playfield needs to ne original and not this phone home crap.

I would love to see a Pink Floyd pin too. If they can make DE Tommy work, I think PF can work. The light show would have to be fantastic. It looks like JJP and Stern are going all-in on the light shows with GNR and Led Zep. Maybe PF will happen someday.

#12593 3 years ago

Pink Floyd is sink into a couch music. I cant see it meshing with the fast pace of pinball.

#12594 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Pink Floyd is sink into a couch music. I cant see it meshing with the fast pace of pinball.

"Piper at the Gates of Dawn" .... you sink into the couch and it becomes cross between your brain and an alien's anus... as you contemplate The Infinite...

Lucifer Sam multiball!

Yeah, Baby, Yeah!

#12595 3 years ago

If someone could capture the Pink Floyd Pulse concert in a pin, it would be an apex of cool design for me.

#12596 3 years ago
images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg
#12597 3 years ago

this would be a dream! I would like Keith Elwin make it personally.

#12598 3 years ago

Yes... he comes up ftom under the playfield and eats your ball .then spits them out for multiball..have beach,ocean and fight modes...would b sick..

#12599 3 years ago

what about a game where the theme is The Devil crashes a New Year's party in New York and inhabits a man's body. He searches for his bride, a woman named Christine York, as he wants her to bear his child and destroy the world and it's your job an ex-cop now security guard to try and stop him and save the world! Stern should be all over that license!

#12600 3 years ago
Quoted from Bongiorno:

Yes... he comes up ftom under the playfield and eats your ball ..

Thats what she said!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
South Berwick, ME
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,832 posts in this topic. You are on page 252 of 937.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/252?hl=daddymand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.