Nelson (resized).png
Andre (resized).png
dad_lg-min (resized).jpg
E497E3E8-872D-4DC9-B95B-17AFBD94F4D0 (resized).jpeg
23DC2D2F-A90E-4CA2-98A1-F19762374E3D (resized).jpeg
FDD39C64-5E43-4A2A-80EF-54E82F1F62E3 (resized).jpeg
Keanu (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,739 posts in this topic. You are on page 251 of 935.
#12501 3 years ago

Been asking for a TRON VE for years now.

#12502 3 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

I love original TOHO Godzilla as much as the next guy. But the newer Godzilla is far from that bad honestly. I'm definitely not going to split hairs on a theme and complain if it's one variant not the other as long the execution is carried out well either way. Right now I'm excited to have a theme I'm actually keen on as opposed to the entire 2020 slate of Sterns. I would hazard a guess the license will be Hollywood based ie WB like JP and most recent Stern film based titles.

If it's like JP it will be "ATTACK OF THE BIG GREEN LIZARD!"....which...actually might be better.

#12503 3 years ago
Quoted from JHS71:

Put your balls in the box

Fucking hilarious!!

#12504 3 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

I love original TOHO Godzilla as much as the next guy. But the newer Godzilla is far from that bad honestly. I'm definitely not going to split hairs on a theme and complain if it's one variant not the other as long the execution is carried out well either way. Right now I'm excited to have a theme I'm actually keen on as opposed to the entire 2020 slate of Sterns. I would hazard a guess the license will be Hollywood based ie WB like JP and most recent Stern film based titles.

Agree
And think KME will be doing the modern American Godzilla.

This means that as a gesture of goodwill Stern will give the Toho component of licence to Spooky so Charlie and team can compete the dream theme they deserved.
Stern Godzilla vs Spooky Godzilla
How cool would that be !

#12505 3 years ago

Anyone notice Borgs name on that Zoom call? It was Huckleberry Finn. Who was his buddy .... Tom Sawyer .... #1 Rush song. Borg is doing Rush pin

#12506 3 years ago

I’m still praying for The Muppet Show to happen...until then, can someone with the skill to make a mock-up like this do one for Disney’s The Haunted Mansion? (The classic park ride, not Eddie Murphy please).

93B3E630-7DA2-42E6-A4AA-ED4161C69DEE (resized).jpeg93B3E630-7DA2-42E6-A4AA-ED4161C69DEE (resized).jpeg
#12507 3 years ago

I think it's got to the point with Stern, that I am only interested in Keith games or Lyman coded games.

These two guys have been huge for Stern

#12508 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I’m still praying for The Muppet Show to happen...until then, can someone with the skill to make a mock-up like this do one for Disney’s The Haunted Mansion? (The classic park ride, not Eddie Murphy please). [quoted image]

JJP had that license. Dunno if they gave it up, but Muppets and Toy Story are the only ones of the leaked list from years ago that haven't happened yet, and we know Lawlor's got Toy Story.

#12509 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

JJP had that license. Dunno if they gave it up, but Muppets and Toy Story are the only ones of the leaked list from years ago that haven't happened yet, and we know Lawlor's got Toy Story.

I do recall that now. If only JJP would pull the trigger on Muppets. That was my show as a kid. I would go CE on that title. Toy Story not so much, but I hope it’s a hit.

#12510 3 years ago

I would buy a Toy Story unseen. My fam would love it.

#12511 3 years ago

My dream theme is Nightmare Before Christmas.

That guy from London Canada made it and it looks awesome.

I wish *somebody* would make it happen and Franchi does the artwork.

It would be a good fit for Chicago Gaming, but if Stern does it maybe the London guy could work with a Stern designer so it's kind of "co-designed" if that's what they need to do to make it happen?

That's my dream!

#12512 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Toy Story will be at least good, Lawlor knows what he's doing. My personal tastes with JJP is my dislike of their heavy reliance on multiball. For me, a game absolutely centers on having clearly-delineated, satisfying yet challenging shots...and single ball play. The occasional MB should be icing on the cake and a special occurrence. I'm not a fan of having to stack MB and flailing around somewhat blindly in MB.

I hope Toy Story uses MB as icing and not the main part of the cake.

#12513 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

Toy Story will be at least good, Lawlor knows what he's doing. My personal tastes with JJP is my dislike of their heavy reliance on multiball. For me, a game absolutely centers on having clearly-delineated, satisfying yet challenging shots...and single ball play. The occasional MB should be icing on the cake and a special occurrence. I'm not a fan of having to stack MB and flailing around somewhat blindly in MB.

That's why DI is so good! I do hope Toy Story isn't MB heavy and has some new crazy innovation. I'd like to see some development on sewers, like STTNG. I'd also like to see some use of the backbox. Bring back some banzai!

Back to Stern: Godzilla is a great theme. I hope they nail it!

#12514 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Anyone notice Borgs name on that Zoom call? It was Huckleberry Finn. Who was his buddy .... Tom Sawyer .... #1 Rush song. Borg is doing Rush pin

I noticed that. I think John's trolling you a bit - more likely he's working on Welk.

#12515 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

I don't think Toy Story will be as multiball heavy as jjPotC or GnR. Eric seems to really like multiball, a bit too much for my taste, too, but I still love his designs.

My problem with Pat is he's just recycling his greatest hits with his JJP designs. I don't feel there's a lot there that hasn't been seen in his prior games, so they're boring to me. I was initially excited about Dialed In, but it got really boring and repetitive pretty fast and the shine was off within a month or so. They did improve it by breaking up the phone progression, but it was too little, too late, IMO. I hope he does some cool new stuff with Toy Story, but I'm not super-optimistic.

#12516 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't think Toy Story will be as multiball heavy as jjPotC or GnR. Eric seems to really like multiball, a bit too much for my taste, too, but I still love his designs.
My problem with Pat is he's just recycling his greatest hits with his JJP designs. I don't feel there's a lot there that hasn't been seen in his prior games, so they're boring to me. I was initially excited about Dialed In, but it got really boring and repetitive pretty fast and the shine was off within a month or so. They did improve it by breaking up the phone progression, but it was too little, too late, IMO. I hope he does some cool new stuff with Toy Story, but I'm not super-optimistic.

I think the multiball madness is more on the code side than the designer side. I think Keith just really likes to add multiballs a plenty in the JJP games. All of them seem to be pretty heavy handed with them. The Hobbit sets the bar with mode locks in addition to the standards ones.

We may want to pick this up in a JJP thread though.

#12517 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

My dream theme is Nightmare Before Christmas.
That guy from London Canada made it and it looks awesome.
I wish *somebody* would make it happen and Franchi does the artwork.
It would be a good fit for Chicago Gaming, but if Stern does it maybe the London guy could work with a Stern designer so it's kind of "co-designed" if that's what they need to do to make it happen?
That's my dream!

It's a widebody, so Stern is out, and JJP, too, if their new anti-widebody stance sticks.

#12518 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The theatre is crazy awesome as is the combo city in Wonka. Disagree about Pat.

Elwin does include MBs, but they are a good mix of primary and 2 ball with add a ball and are usually difficult as hell. They don't play long. I don't find IMDN mb heavy, but there are quite a few.

#12519 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The theatre is crazy awesome as is the combo city in Wonka. Disagree about Pat.

What's awesome about the theatre? The ball throw from The Shadow/Ripleys? Not much new or innovative there, and The Shadow did it better. The "holographic" effect just looks like video being played in a box.

#12520 3 years ago

I'll say it - go ahead and attack me. Motley Crue?

#12521 3 years ago
Quoted from co_pin_guy:

I'll say it - go ahead and attack me. Motley Crue?

I'd buy a Crue pin. It should play fast and hard so give it to Ritchie.

#12522 3 years ago

Also no one has mentioned BTTF in a few days so...BTTF.

#12523 3 years ago

Its Toho, or, OH NO!
There are over 60 years of Toho films that are beloved.
Would Stern be so out of touch to go with the new american films, that are just barely passible films?

famous_monsters_135 (resized).jpgfamous_monsters_135 (resized).jpg

Message from the Freeeek Kingdom

#12524 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

As long as it's classic Crue and not whatever THIS is:

...then I'm in.

#12525 3 years ago

I couldn’t agree with you more. Showa - Heisei classic era Godzilla or GTFO. I will be a day one buyer of at least a premium. If it’s a modern representation or Godzilla vs Kong...I’m gonna pass.

Quoted from gonzo73:

Its Toho, or, OH NO!
Would Stern be so out of touch to go with the new american films, that are just barely passible films?
[quoted image]

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12526 3 years ago

Some Godzilla might be better than others i.e. Toho - but I'll take any Godzilla - even a Tofu Godzilla.

Tofu is some scary stuff.

#12527 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Finn could be a reference to a Mandalorian game too. But I still think John's trolling folks.

Believe he is on something else = A one ah and a two ah.

#12528 3 years ago

I’d be interested in a mando pin but not yet let’s get some more series for more material.

After the sequel trilogy pretty much killing new Star Wars off for me Mando has got me back on board and that series 2 final, brilliant!!

#12529 3 years ago

You all want Spice Girls Pinball machine just admit it already so Stern can get to work.

#12530 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Yiu ciuld always buy a Zepplin and play Crue music instead. Apparently Steve only makes the same games over and over now anyway.

#12531 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Yiu ciuld always buy a Zepplin and play Crue music instead. Apparently Steve only makes the same games over and over now anyway.

Doing that over the GnR pin would make more sense

#12532 3 years ago

So lame not having the music. Good job DeadFlip

What a bummer!

#12533 3 years ago

I don’t think even the music could save that game. Looks like a certified turd to me.

Quoted from frankmac:

So lame not having the music. Good job deadflip
What a bummer!

#12534 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I don’t think even the music could save that game. Looks like a certified turd to me.

I doubt it will be a turd that’s probably a little harsh, it looks to shoot really fast and flow smooth as butter which is to be expected from a SR game.

What jumps out at me is it’s just so uneventful there’s no single shot that looks all that exciting, it’s a classic SR layout that he’s simply done better many times before: AC/DC, Star Trek & Spider-Man which all had at least two or 3 shots that are always exciting and fun to hit.

#12535 3 years ago

It’s just terribly ugly and uninspired looking. I think Ritchie should retire. Stern ought be looking for the next Elwin not rehashing the same boring old shite.

Quoted from J85M:

I doubt it will be a turd that’s probably a little harsh, it looks to shoot really fast and flow smooth as butter which is to be expected from a SR game.
What jumps out at me is it’s just so uneventful there’s no single shot that looks all that exciting, it’s a classic SR layout that he’s simply done better many times before: AC/DC, Star Trek & Spider-Man which all had at least two or 3 shots that are always exciting and fun to hit.

#12536 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What's awesome about the theatre? The ball throw from The Shadow/Ripleys? Not much new or innovative there, and The Shadow did it better. The "holographic" effect just looks like video being played in a box.

I like the intermittent projection. It's a really cool effect.

#12537 3 years ago

Stern already found the next Elwin. His name is Keith Elwin...

#12538 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Its Toho, or, OH NO!
[quoted image]

The only guy that could do justice to the huge catalogue of Toho Godzilla footage would be Lyman. He’s the only coder that’s proven he knows how to deeply integrate a theme that has good assets.

#12539 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The only guy that could do justice to the huge catalogue of Toho Godzilla footage would be Lyman. He’s the only coder that’s proven he knows how to deeply integrate a theme that has good assets.

Pretty sure Lyman is now reserved for the "special" pins that Stern charges a premium for because they know people will pay more for pins he's coding. That's more like a BTTF or a Harry Potter, not Gojira.

#12540 3 years ago

That doesn’t even make sense. Stern needs to continue to bring in younger designers that have something to prove. That’s the only way they are going produce tables with fresh ideas in the future.

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Stern already found the next Elwin. His name is Keith Elwin...

#12541 3 years ago

Toho Godzilla classic w/ Elwin and Lyman would be some truly blockbusting shit.

Quoted from cooked71:

#12542 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

That doesn’t even make sense. Stern needs to continue to bring in younger designers that have something to prove. That’s the only way they are going produce tables with fresh ideas in the future.

I guess my point was nobody is another Keith Elwin. That's like another Tom Brady or another Michael Jordan. Sorry for the sports analogy...

#12543 3 years ago

Keith Elwin is the Arnold Palmer of John Elways.

#12544 3 years ago

Not sure how hot I am about Godzilla? Never really got into the theme and the movies seemed to be so cheesy-just the cult followers seem to follow? I have seen the plastic Godzilla toys line the shelves since I was a child but never did understand the interest? Horrible movies-cheesy toys? But it's 'GODZILLA' This game will need to knock my socks off for me to take a second glance. What I would like to see is Stern implement subway's again. Ghostbusters subway is stellar. I am more excited about JJP Toy Story than Stern Godzilla(that is a first).

Now give me a 007 or BTTF and I am in like Flynn

#12545 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

As long as it's classic Crue and not whatever THIS is:

...then I'm in.

I'd be completely in on a Crue pin.

On another note....I'd love to see a pin based on any Tarantino movie. But Django and Inglorious Basterds will never happen. Most likely there is something offensive in every other movie too. I can keep dreaming.......

#12546 3 years ago

Motley Crue all day long!!

#12547 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pretty sure Lyman is now reserved for the "special" pins that Stern charges a premium for because they know people will pay more for pins he's coding. That's more like a BTTF or a Harry Potter, not Gojira.

The next Lyman will be Elwin. Watch his games get the special price treatment next.

#12548 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not sure how hot I am about Godzilla?

What if Godzilla is really the code name for a Stern 'King Kong'

Now that would be cool

King Kong 1933.pngKing Kong 1933.png
#12549 3 years ago

War of the worlds 50s style

#12550 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

War of the worlds 50s style

50's style is the LE. SE version is Dakota Fanning Screaming non stop version.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,739 posts in this topic. You are on page 251 of 935.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/251?hl=zh2oson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.