Nelson (resized).png
Andre (resized).png
dad_lg-min (resized).jpg
E497E3E8-872D-4DC9-B95B-17AFBD94F4D0 (resized).jpeg
23DC2D2F-A90E-4CA2-98A1-F19762374E3D (resized).jpeg
FDD39C64-5E43-4A2A-80EF-54E82F1F62E3 (resized).jpeg
Keanu (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,754 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 936.
#12451 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Probably around end of March first of April. Usually every 90+ days.

ok cool. Thanks for letting me know. Supposed to get Elvira in March (crossing my fingers not holding my breath). Hopefully announcement for new game comes before Elvira shipping if it’s Godzilla. Godzilla is another dream theme for me if done right. Still disappointed with Zeppelin.

#12452 3 years ago

Tron Vault please!

5C080EC6-3BBC-44FC-9BD9-8AD982D6D24C (resized).jpeg5C080EC6-3BBC-44FC-9BD9-8AD982D6D24C (resized).jpeg
#12453 3 years ago

Tron would work for me .. LCD screen please.

Sold my LE and I would love to do it again.

#12455 3 years ago

This works also!

#12456 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

This works also!

Sellout faster than GNR...automatic LE for me! Sight unseen! Please Jaws!!!!

#12457 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Tron Vault please!
[quoted image]

If they vault TRON it is a certain buy. No question.

#12458 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

I’m ready for something different. I wish they would give a different lay out a try. Deadpool was a nice change and it paid off.
Can i please get another no fear jump ramp?!?!?

Have u played JP, AIQ or IMDN? Those make DP, or any recent layout for that matter, seem pedestrian.

#12459 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Have u played JP, AIQ or IMDN? Those make DP, or any recent layout for that matter, seem pedestrian.

Hmmm. I prefer Deadpool over all 3 of those.

#12460 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Owned all 3 of those sold AIQ after 2 weeks Sold JP after a few months Still have IMDN and no plans to sell DP

#12461 3 years ago

He was talking about wanting unique layouts and mentioned DP. Whether you like Elwins layouts or not, you can’t say they’re not unique.

#12462 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

He was talking about wanting unique layouts and mentioned DP. Whether you like Elwins layouts or not, you can’t deny they’re not unique.

It doesn't get much more unique than Snikt & Katana. However, yes I love multiple orbits and ramps too.
Wait, I'm reading your post again and I'm not sure if your saying Elwin is unique or not unique. Anyway, doesn't matter. I think those are all great games.

#12463 3 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

It doesn't get much more unique than Snikt & Katana. However, yes I love multiple orbits and ramps too.
Wait, I'm reading your post again and I'm not sure if your saying Elwin is unique or not unique. Anyway, doesn't matter. I think those are all great games.

Oops...

Fixed it.

Anyway, yes, Elwins designs are unique and not just because of multiple ramps and orbits.

Katana=LOTR. Snikt is fairly unique though there have been a few rebound target shots before Snikt - maybe not quite as valuable.

#12464 3 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Hmmm. I prefer Deadpool over all 3 of those.

I've got DP LE and JP Prem (with custom A/V). I still got plenty to do on DP (especially with latest code), but JP gets a lot more play by far. I won't be moving on either any time soon mind you.

#12465 3 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

I've got DP LE and JP Prem (with custom A/V). I still got plenty to do on DP (especially with latest code), but JP gets a lot more play by far. I won't be moving on either any time soon mind you.

It's fortunate that Stern can have several designers with different approaches. The Elwin shot-maker deep-code tight machines are great, but its nice to have a stop-and-go table too. Ritchie's flow-makers are nice for speed lovers too. but is Eddy making another game? I like stop-and-go games (TSPP is in my basement) for the guests that come over that aren't pure adrenaline shot junkies. I wish Johnson was still at Stern to get the opportunity to work on more than a game every couple years.

#12466 3 years ago

I love my JP, I just wish it had a better art and sound package. My JP Pro is for sale and DP is staying.

#12467 3 years ago

Well I had high hopes we might see a Wonder Woman pin at some point but I’ve just got back from watching WW1984 and it was bad, really bad!

And I liked the 1st movie a lot, major disappointment, let’s hope Aquaman 2 is better, I wouldn’t mind seeing an Aquaman pin with some Jason Momoa callouts and some crazy ramps like Whitewater.

#12468 3 years ago

2021 will be the year of zombie apocalips according Nostradamus, maybe anothe zombie pin for Stern?

#12469 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

2021 will be the year of zombie apocalips according Nostradamus, maybe anothe zombie pin for Stern?

I thought that it was in 1988, 1991, 1999, 2000, 2008 or 2012... so good to know

...and, in that case I don’t mind a "The Return Of The Living Dead(1985)" or a "George Romero’s: Night Of The Living Dead(1990)" Pinball.

#12470 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Well I had high hopes we might see a Wonder Woman pin at some point but I’ve just got back from watching WW1984 and it was bad, really bad!

They left Patty Jenkins alone on WW because they didn't have much faith in the property. Once it hit big, everyone, including franchise-killer DC poison Zack Snyder wanted into it. He and HIS WIFE are listed in the WW84 credits, and PJ supposedly didn't have final cut on it (which is crazy). So, I'm not surprised at the outcome. Supposedly part of the deal for WW3 is PJ gets final cut and less meddling. We'll see...

#12471 3 years ago

little shop of horrors

Fixed it

#12472 3 years ago
Quoted from guss:

little house of horrors

There already is a House of Horrors pin, but when I think about Elvira, "little" does not come to mind.

#12473 3 years ago

How about The Simpsons: Treehouse of Horror!!!

Quoted from littlecammi:

There already is a House of Horrors pin, but when I think about Elvira, "little" does not come to mind.

Quoted from guss:

little house of horrors

#12474 3 years ago

It’s Godzilla!!

#12475 3 years ago

Hopefully Toho.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12476 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

It’s Godzilla!!

Sounds like it's definitely on the upcoming release slate and given Godzilla vs Kong is released end of May, hard to see Stern not lining it around that fact and making it next off the line. Might finally be a Stern I want to buy after a Stern purchase free 2020.

#12477 3 years ago

Stern would be smart to do a Toho Godzilla pin that spans Showa thru Heisei era and leaves the modern American films out of the equation. They are patently bad and do the franchise no justice. I do not expect Godzilla vs Kong to be any different. STERN....CLASSIC GODZILLA 1954-1980s. DONT DROP THE OPPORTUNITY TO SMASH THIS LICENSE OUT OF THE PARK. PLEASE.

Sounds like it's definitely on the upcoming release slate and given Godzilla vs Kong is released end of May, hard to see Stern not lining it around that fact and making it next off the line. Might finally be a Stern I want to buy after a Stern purchase free 2020.

#12478 3 years ago

For the love of Mothra...Toho (not the American Godzilla). At least an LE edition that is mostly B&W with classic characters.

#12479 3 years ago

People are saying that Godzilla would be released in conjuntion with the movie, but has stern ever released a pin to coincide with a movie release?

#12480 3 years ago
Quoted from Apex:

People are saying that Godzilla would be released in conjuntion with the movie, but has stern ever released a pin to coincide with a movie release?

Have they ever had an extra 18 months of development time for a movie license?

#12481 3 years ago

Well unless they are doing G vs. K how is it going to go with the movie?

King of Monsters was decent, and mode wise, would make for a decent pin, but the one before it was bad.

I'm surprised they haven't made a King Kong pin. Skull Island was pretty damn good.

You KNOW they are going to make new zilla, not old zilla.

#12482 3 years ago
Quoted from Apex:

In 2008 Stern released their Indiana Jones pin around the time Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull came out.

#12483 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

In 2008 Stern released their Indiana Jones pin around the time Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull came out.

Shhhhh. We dont talk about the Crystal Skull

#12484 3 years ago

Back in May a couple SD locals told me that Elwin was working on Godzilla. I suppose this could have been far enough into AIQ development that he was already laying out his next project?

#12485 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Shhhhh. We dont talk about the Crystal Skull

that’s for sure.

#12486 3 years ago

You've gotta believe him...he's the "Okalhoma State Champion."

#12487 3 years ago

I didn’t realize this thread is where things are confirmed. To that I say, Pokémon. Confirmed.

#12488 3 years ago

As long as Stern is trying to sync their pin releases to the movies, why not a Psycho Goreman pin? Would be great fun...

#12489 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

As long as Stern is trying to sync their pin releases to the movies, why not a Psycho Goreman pin? Would be great fun...

That trailer is awesome. Can't wait for the movie.

#12490 3 years ago
93BA93CC-7523-46B7-AE8A-E60E007FCA40 (resized).jpeg93BA93CC-7523-46B7-AE8A-E60E007FCA40 (resized).jpeg
#12491 3 years ago

Timing a release with Movie? Let's talk Dune 2021.
Freeman, Sandworms, Sexy Nuns, Space, it'd be epic.
Here's hoping Godzilla is the codeword for Dune.

#12492 3 years ago

In my top 3 perfect themes.

#12493 3 years ago

Put your balls in the box

#12494 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

In my top 3 perfect themes.

What are the other 2?
Lemme hazard a guess,
Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy,
or, possibly Stranger in a Strange Land?

#12495 3 years ago

I'd say any license for a newer type movie would be a no-go. Movies are changing and have much less pull with theaters being shut down.

IMO this totally degrades the potential value for these types of releases.

#12496 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Lemme hazard a guess,
Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy,
or, possibly Stranger in a Strange Land?

Those would be fantastic. Love me some sci-fi. But Rush and Megadeth would be my other 2 (as of today). Would also love to see an original (not licensed) late-seventies nostalgia theme with 20 classic rock tunes.

#12497 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Those would be fantastic. Love me some sci-fi. But Rush and Megadeth would be my other 2 (as of today). Would also love to see an original (not licensed) late-seventies nostalgia theme with 20 classic rock tunes.

So maybe that would be the SNL pin....with all the 70s musical guest videos.
And Samuri Taylor, and Land Shark, and Wild and Crazy guys multiball.

#12498 3 years ago

They should license the Bill Paxton pin from Ben

#12499 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Stern would be smart to do a Toho Godzilla pin that spans Showa thru Heisei era and leaves the modern American films out of the equation. They are patently bad and do the franchise no justice. I do not expect Godzilla vs Kong to be any different. STERN....CLASSIC GODZILLA 1954-1980s. DONT DROP THE OPPORTUNITY TO SMASH THIS LICENSE OUT OF THE PARK. PLEASE.

I love original TOHO Godzilla as much as the next guy. But the newer Godzilla is far from that bad honestly. I'm definitely not going to split hairs on a theme and complain if it's one variant not the other as long the execution is carried out well either way. Right now I'm excited to have a theme I'm actually keen on as opposed to the entire 2020 slate of Sterns. I would hazard a guess the license will be Hollywood based ie WB like JP and most recent Stern film based titles.

#12500 3 years ago

I'd like to see a Munsters 2. It would be the exact same game as Munsters 1, but with new code. The new code could also be backwards compatible with Munsters 1. Also godzilla sounds awesome too..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 24.95
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

£ 70.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

There are 46,754 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 936.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/250?hl=watkinsd13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.