Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
images (1) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,020 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 941.
#12401 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

No. It’s people trying to be funny referencing the most obvious theme a company wouldn’t select.

Ok. That’s what I figured. Thanks.

#12402 3 years ago

Remember, with enough Pinside talk of Welk it can become a reality.

#12403 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Speaking of licenses, what happened with the Star Wars Midnight Madness that was pulled after debuting? Was it a licensor restriction that caused it to be pulled?

Hope this somehow makes its way back into Star Wars!

#12404 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Hope this somehow makes its way back into Star Wars!

Me too, and since the only version of the code released that HAS it can damage your machine due to another issue they fixed with another release almost immediately without MM, it's not even safe to load it up and try it out. I'd just like to know why it was pulled and if it's gone forever.

#12405 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Wonder what Stern would charge if someone had unlimited funds to make their dream theme. Not Welk of course but something that Stern would sell tons after creating number 1 for that person. Would it be a crazy number to do it?

If the person had unlimited funds, I'd charge unlimited funds, plus $1. How bad do you want it!

#12406 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Remember, with enough Pinside talk of Welk it can become a reality.

True story, see Iron Maiden!!

Up the iron, walkers!!

#12407 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Wonder what Stern would charge if someone had unlimited funds to make their dream theme. Not Welk of course but something that Stern would sell tons after creating number 1 for that person. Would it be a crazy number to do it?

I know someone who can make anything you can dream up but problem is the 50k or there abouts

#12408 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

We never grab licenses without plans to use them. Many of us have wanted to do Godzilla for a long long time. I can not speak to when the game will be made or who will be working on it. All I can say is that mudwrestling was involved.

Thanks for chiming in Dwight, we all love your work! Whomever is working on Godzilla, it’s a favorite of our families, especially ToHo version. We frequently go to the very ToHo Godzilla theater in Tokyo to watch movies. Great fun. I took this photo standing outside the theater. You can see Godzilla himself is watching over the theater, lol.

A9F06CA3-2A6F-4250-BA10-111D1034F492 (resized).jpegA9F06CA3-2A6F-4250-BA10-111D1034F492 (resized).jpeg

#12409 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Thanks for chiming in Dwight, we all love your work! Whoever is working on Godzilla, it’s a favorite of our families, especially ToHo version. We frequently go to the very ToHo Godzilla theater in Tokyo to watch movies. Great fun. I took this photo standing outside the theater. You can see Godzilla himself is watching over the theater, lol.
[quoted image]

I see Freddie Mercury watching over the theater. Now THAT'S Godzilla...

#12410 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It teaches me not to care how well a game earns in relation to what games I would want to own.

All I was saying is that the game is popular and pinside tore it apart before even playing it because it was a theme that wasn’t aimed at the 50+ year old collector. The OP asked who wants/cares about Stranger Things and my answer is a lot of people.

#12411 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I took this photo standing outside the theater. You can see Godzilla himself is watching over the theater, lol.
[quoted image]

I see two future pins in that pic.

#12412 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

All I was saying is that the game is popular and pinside tore it apart before even playing it because it was a theme that wasn’t aimed at the 50+ year old collector. The OP asked who wants/cares about Stranger Things and my answer is a lot of people.

I think the 50 year old demographic like me watched and enjoyed Stranger Things the show, but we as pinball people mostly realized the game was not something we wanted to own. I played it at barcades and did not take long to lose interest. I can understand why kids gravitate toward a theme they are recently up on but the majority of pinball buyers need more than that. A standard fan layout with little novelty in shots is kind of dead to me. This is why Elwin designs are killing it in sales. His games shoot as well as fans but are way more interesting in shots.

#12413 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I think the 50 year old demographic like me watched and enjoyed Stranger Things the show, but we as pinball people mostly realized the game was not something we wanted to own. I played it at barcades and did not take long to lose interest. I can understand why kids gravitate toward a theme they are recently up on but the majority of pinball buyers need more than that. A standard fan layout with little novelty in shots is kind of dead to me. This is why Elwin designs are killing it in sales. His games shoot as well as fans but are way more interesting in shots.

Elwins IMDN is still the definitive music pin imo. It has more than just music, with the rules telling a story and interactive pinball mechs theme integrated. A pin with 10 or 20 songs just playing music (concert), wears out in the long run.

#12414 3 years ago

WW84 ?

#12415 3 years ago

Elwin + Dave Grohl + Foo Fighters = smash hit

#12416 3 years ago

This is one of my favorite strings to follow.

I see it referenced on many posts of 'so and so has the license" is there a string or post of who has what license.

Ive been saying I would buy every version of pearl jam pinball machine. Have told my distributor as well, just in case hell does freeze over in the upcoming years. I know it likely not happen, but one can hope. Would totally get behind a Foo Fighters as well.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12417 3 years ago

Stern FB page

132322856_10159106632204244_2946111974791621996_o (resized).jpg132322856_10159106632204244_2946111974791621996_o (resized).jpg
#12419 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

We never grab licenses without plans to use them. Many of us have wanted to do Godzilla for a long long time. I can not speak to when the game will be made or who will be working on it. All I can say is that mudwrestling was involved.

Hope you snagged this one!

5B4A3436-1FFE-4472-AF0B-8EBBBFAA3D61 (resized).png5B4A3436-1FFE-4472-AF0B-8EBBBFAA3D61 (resized).png
#12420 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I see Freddie Mercury watching over the theater. Now THAT'S Godzilla...

Omg. Lol. You're too much Boob.

#12421 3 years ago
Quoted from Raiders36:

This is one of my favorite strings to follow.
I see it referenced on many posts of 'so and so has the license" is there a string or post of who has what license.
Ive been saying I would buy every version of pearl jam pinball machine. Have told my distributor as well, just in case hell does freeze over in the upcoming years. I know it likely not happen, but one can hope. Would totally get behind a Foo Fighters as well.

i love this string too. I would buy 2 of every Pearl Jam. Go great with my poster walls.

#12422 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

i love this string too. I would buy 2 of every Pearl Jam. Go great with my poster walls.

Dont lose faith, I still have my Metallica posters and many picture discs from 85, and 30 years later, a pin joined em!

20191102_233102 (resized).jpg20191102_233102 (resized).jpg
#12423 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Dont lose faith, I still have my Metallica posters and many picture discs from 85, and 30 years later, a pin joined em!
[quoted image]

And a banshee in your game room!!!!!!
I have a ysr50 in mine

#12424 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

And a banshee in your game room!!!!!!
I have a ysr50 in mine

Hah right on. Wish the Banshee was running, but shes blown up and with all the greenies locking up land from public use, no real sense in spending $$$ to rebuild.

#12425 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

[quoted image]

That's awesome. My posters are collectables. PJ creates a poster for every show they play with variants and all that jazz. It's a scene on it's own. I only collect the ones from the shows I have attended and I have 30+ from Seattle to London. As for the Banshee! Love it! That a relic like the CR500 and both are crazy and belong on an airstrip. Love the off-road too, wish I can find one or a super sprint.

#12426 3 years ago

NEW CODE!!! This Code-mas Holiday season Stern Pinball has posted new code for Stranger Things, Avengers: Infinity Quest, Iron Maiden, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Star Wars, Pabst Can Crusher, and Primus!

These updates and read me files can also be found on our website, www.sternpinball.com, in the game code library.

#12427 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I know someone who can make anything you can dream up but problem is the 50k or there abouts

Will he do 1/2 dream, for 3x the price? Deeproot might be interested.

#12428 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

That's awesome. My posters are collectables. PJ creates a poster for every show they play with variants and all that jazz. It's a scene on it's own. I only collect the ones from the shows I have attended and I have 30+ from Seattle to London. As for the Banshee! Love it! That a relic like the CR500 and both are crazy and belong on an airstrip. Love the off-road too, wish I can find one or a super sprint.

Thats bad ass. Mine are probably not real collectible, although i can point to the show Met left, and the show they didnt arrive too, on the poster. RIP Cliff.. i do have multiple picture discs as well.

I am lucky enough to own 2, non running banshees haha, altough the bad boy dune banshee in the garage is about a clutch away. Looking to sell the 450 R quad for a decent suspension on the dune banshee. . Drag bike for now is high priced furniture

#12429 3 years ago

Gomez just posted a pic from a Stern zoom call. Anyone got the eyes to find a hint?

#12430 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Gomez just posted a pic from a Stern zoom call. Anyone got the eyes to find a hint?

Lets see the pic

#12431 3 years ago

There is actually three.

95452A30-ED77-4E81-9190-EEC221C25F45 (resized).png95452A30-ED77-4E81-9190-EEC221C25F45 (resized).pngC792E23C-B613-44AE-A171-6D019B19250C (resized).pngC792E23C-B613-44AE-A171-6D019B19250C (resized).pngF1A7DC28-C911-4465-B262-9AEE144F6D29 (resized).pngF1A7DC28-C911-4465-B262-9AEE144F6D29 (resized).png
#12432 3 years ago

What’s that side box art on Mark Guidarelli?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12433 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

There is actually three.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

MXV and Tanio look like they've bucked the pandemic trend and dropped weight. Good for them.

isolation-cat-day 291 (resized).jpgisolation-cat-day 291 (resized).jpg
#12434 3 years ago

Yeah, Mike V has lost a ton of weight!

#12435 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

What’s that side box art on Mark Guidarelli?

I see a large spider webb and a guy with a white undershirt and a black jacket/shirt over it.

#12436 3 years ago

Now, see...I got Laser Cats out of that.

#12437 3 years ago

Godzilla with a King Ghidora bash toy, Or a MechaGodzilla bash toy that rises up would be awesome. Have you be Godzilla and fight all the monsters on Monster Island. Then a Godzilla topper like BKSOR with a Godzilla head that moves and roars. Please Stern make this happen.

#12438 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Godzilla with a King Ghidora bash toy, Or a MechaGodzilla bash toy that rises up would be awesome. Have you be Godzilla and fight all the monsters on Monster Island. Then a Godzilla topper like BKSOR with a Godzilla head that moves and roars. Please Stern make this happen.

Good ideas, just lots and lots of playfield toys. Another idea would be to have Godzilla on the back right of the playfield and a model of Tokyo on the back left. A light bar out of his mouth strikes the model of Tokyo which shakes apart like the castle in Medieval Madness. This game should be Stern's Guns N' Roses or they have failed spectacularly.

#12439 3 years ago

Godzilla has some really fun and zany music / Sfx at its disposal. Lots of mood / tempo options across the movies. Who doesn’t love some hilariously bad mouth sync dub over action as well. They can do some really fun stuff with this title.

Love the music when super X arrives.

#12440 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

True story, see Iron Maiden!!
Up the iron, walkers!!

I pushed for over 8 years for a Maiden pin, see past thread and others said would never happen. Still wish their was more in the pin than just shoots, it fun, fast, but missing those extra toys or features to really stand out like a big Eddie head that locked the balls into his head. Maiden is one of my top 5 bands but one I like more is MOTÖRHEAD. Make it happen.

#12441 3 years ago

The only way to get a pin that is how you imagine it is to homebrew it!

#12442 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

The only way to get a pin that is how you imagine it is to homebrew it!

And to do it right, you need a Hercules sized cabinet. I realize this would be cost prohibitive even for a Home Brew, but you never know.

#12443 3 years ago
Quoted from PilotPinball:

Good ideas, just lots and lots of playfield toys. Another idea would be to have Godzilla on the back right of the playfield and a model of Tokyo on the back left. A light bar out of his mouth strikes the model of Tokyo which shakes apart like the castle in Medieval Madness. This game should be Stern's Guns N' Roses or they have failed spectacularly.

That would be cool also. So many options available for some cool toys.

#12444 3 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Godzilla has some really fun and zany music / Sfx at its disposal. Lots of mood / tempo options across the movies. Who doesn’t love some hilariously bad mouth sync dub over action as well. They can do some really fun stuff with this title.
Love the music when super X arrives.

Definitely many sfx at their disposal. Blue Oyster Cult Godzilla song for wizard mode would be awesome.

#12445 3 years ago

Tell me this would not be epic on a Godzilla pin for Godzilla multiball.

#12446 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

And to do it right, you need a Hercules sized cabinet. I realize this would be cost prohibitive even for a Home Brew, but you never know.

No matter how you homebrew it's gunna be cost prohibitive. I'm already 4k into mine and I'm not even finished with white wood. But, Hey. It's worth it????

#12447 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I pushed for over 8 years for a Maiden pin, see past thread and others said would never happen. Still wish their was more in the pin than just shoots, it fun, fast, but missing those extra toys or features to really stand out like a big Eddie head that locked the balls into his head. Maiden is one of my top 5 bands but one I like more is MOTÖRHEAD. Make it happen.

+1 for sure!

#12448 3 years ago

When will Sterns next announcement happen? New to the hobby.

#12449 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

When will Sterns next announcement happen? New to the hobby.

Probably around end of March first of April. Usually every 90+ days.

#12450 3 years ago

I’m ready for something different. I wish they would give a different lay out a try. Deadpool was a nice change and it paid off.

Can i please get another no fear jump ramp?!?!?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 33.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 21.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 47,020 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 941.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/249 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.