Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 938.
#12351 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

He said he did NOT enjoy Lawrence Welk? IMVHO that is crazy talk... such crazy talk... the craziest crazy talk.

Godzilla first.
Welk next.

Just think of the artwork you could obtain for Welk. Probably better than LZ artwork.

#12352 3 years ago

Legendary.

#12353 3 years ago

So good they should bring the show back to tv.

#12354 3 years ago

Mandalorian pin next please.

#12355 3 years ago

The green saber saves the day!

#12356 3 years ago

I wish for Motorhead as well, if not maybe retheme AC/DC to it with Snaggletooth in the middle

#12357 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

That’s crazy talk.

Dream theme. Cant wait to be taken back to my grandmas house with plastic furniture covers!

#12358 3 years ago

I completly understand the pool of players that buy these pins and the genre of what we demand but eventually Stern is going to need to take a shot at a modern theme .I never was around when pinball was dying but I understand that this is the golden years right now .In order to keep this going they’re going to have to take a shot at the melenials .This tech driven group’s average salary (especially because they mostly stay single into theyre 30s)will drive pinball to the moon and back if pinball is marketed correctly .Don’t worry we’ll still get ours but Stern is the only company that can take a chance like this .If your putting out a single pin a year or even 2 you’d never survive a complete flop .Stern is the only company that can weather that storm .

#12359 3 years ago

That being said give me Ozzy/sabbath ,Godzilla ,Jaws then and only then they can take theyre shot .

#12360 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I completly understand the pool of players that buy these pins and the genre of what we demand but eventually Stern is going to need to take a shot at a modern theme .I never was around when pinball was dying but I understand that this is the golden years right now .In order to keep this going they’re going to have to take a shot at the melenials .This tech driven group’s average salary (especially because they mostly stay single into theyre 30s)will drive pinball to the moon and back if pinball is marketed correctly .Don’t worry we’ll still get ours but Stern is the only company that can take a chance like this .If your putting out a single pin a year or even 2 you’d never survive a complete flop .Stern is the only company that can weather that storm .

Not disagreeing but who was Stramger Things aimed at? Sales must he terrible on that one. Constantly seeing it way under retail and personally i hate the game. Even the LE.

#12361 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

That being said give me Ozzy/sabbath ,Godzilla ,Jaws then and only then they can take theyre shot .

Godzilla, Jaws, BTTF, etc.
Let the band themes be awhile before we have another.

#12362 3 years ago

Steve Ritchie and KME need to team up and make a Mortal Kombat pin. It would make for a "Flawless Victory" New movie koming out in 2021.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#12363 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Ozzy Sabbath and Jaws yes but no interest in another Godzilla, last movie horrible so hard for me to believe they would make it.

#12364 3 years ago

Godzilla is coming. It’s not based on the lame-o American modern films. It’s based on the Toho Japan classics and...it’s gonna be fucking awesome.

Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Ozzy Sabbath and Jaws yes but no interest in another Godzilla, last movie horrible so hard for me to believe they would make it.

#12365 3 years ago
BlackSabbathHomeOfMetalLAExhibit2018 (1) (resized).jpgBlackSabbathHomeOfMetalLAExhibit2018 (1) (resized).jpg
#12366 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Not disagreeing but who was Stramger Things aimed at? Sales must he terrible on that one. Constantly seeing it way under retail and personally i hate the game. Even the LE.

Stranger Things was aimed at me. I bought one and now it’s the most popular pin in my arcade bar.

#12367 3 years ago

Stranger Things is actually a pretty good pin. I didn't want one - the main toy is scary as it kinda looks like a plant vagina. If you get past that it's alright. I got one at a nice discount NIB not real long ago because of attractive pricing. Started playing it and like it. Had to stream the show and watched the first couple seasons and the pin made more sense. My son liked the show so I sent it to his house after I put a bunch of plays on it. Bullshit mode is my favorite but I only got it a time or two. Only comes up as random in Mystery. It's a fun pin. Just get past the looks of the toy and it's odd looks that blends plant and human anatomy.

Yeah - I think Stern could take a shot at another newer theme. Next one might do alright if executed well.

Personally there is some broad appeal classic stuff that can be done yet and Godzilla is one I'm looking forward to. Music pins could be a little further and farther between. I'm ok waiting on Welk. I know it's a ways off yet. Bring on Godzilla.

#12368 3 years ago

I'll take any brand Godzilla. Toho, Tofu, whatever. I'm sure any version could be done well.

#12369 3 years ago

crazy.jpgcrazy.jpg

I fear the fact that you are a parent.

#12370 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Wow just reading that was disturbing. Makes me think some people have some serious mental problems. The amount of spewed hatred over a pinball machine? is mind boggling. Maybe it is this pandemic and people are going a little south?
Take a deep breath and yell 'SERENITY NOW' a couple times-that works for me.

Serenity now!.gifSerenity now!.gif
#12371 3 years ago

Looking on the bright side, at least he only wished COVID on someone. I usually go straight for dick cancer.

#12372 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

[quoted image]

Did you see the 20 messages he'd (ballpin) sent me first? Guy went on about my family because i downvoted his posts. I just didn't cry to anyone about it. Moving on, thanks

#12373 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Wow just reading that was disturbing. Makes me think some people have some serious mental problems. The amount of spewed hatred over a pinball machine? is mind boggling. Maybe it is this pandemic and people are going a little south?
Take a deep breath and yell 'SERENITY NOW' a couple times-that works for me.
[quoted image]

I highly encourage you to make use of the ignore feature! It's there for good reason and it works great!

For me, one particularly nasty comment usually gets a pass. Two or more, you just know what your gonna get from that user and onto the list they go!

#12374 3 years ago

what is next. for sure i got it. A more expensive one !

#12375 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

- the main toy is scary as it kinda looks like a plant vagina.

I just spewed my Dr. Pepper on the screen...

#12376 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

[quoted image]

Ok , this went to far!!

#12377 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Stranger Things was aimed at me. I bought one and now it’s the most popular pin in my arcade bar.

Same here....it gets double the plays of the other games. I've had numerous operators tell me it's in their top three earnings list.

#12378 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Same here....it gets double the plays of the other games. I've had numerous operators tell me it's in their top three earnings list.

Yup. In the pinball route FB group it was the years top earner for people all over the country. When a game pays itself half way off in a pandemic year when my business has been 10% of normal I’ll call that a very successful pin. It also is the pin that gets me to press start more than anything else I own in the past year. Pinside trashed it but it’s a great game. It taught me to not care what pinside decides to trash or praise. R&M also aimed at my generation and we know how selling that game went. I think people forget pinside isn’t the whole pinball community.

#12379 3 years ago

So is Godzilla a legit possibility?

#12380 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Keith Elwin has always said he liked the Data East version. I would say yes, good chance.

#12381 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Keith Elwin has always said he liked the Data East version. I would say yes, good chance.

Cool. Love Godzilla. Even the new movies.

#12382 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

We know Stern has the license because Spooky wanted it and the swiped it. So it’s more of a when than an if.

#12383 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

We know Stern has the license because Spooky wanted it and the swiped it. So it’s more of a when than an if.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully we hear something soon.

#12384 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Maybe. Stern has had licenses and chosen not to make the game in the past. Don’t think that’s the case here with TOHO Godzilla.

#12385 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Maybe. Stern has has licenses and chosen not to make the game in the past. Don’t think that’s the case here with TOHO Godzilla.

We never grab licenses without plans to use them. Many of us have wanted to do Godzilla for a long long time. I can not speak to when the game will be made or who will be working on it. All I can say is that mudwrestling was involved.

#12386 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

We never grab licenses without plans to use them. Many of us have wanted to do Godzilla for a long long time. I can not speak to when the game will be made or who will be working on it. All I can say is that mudwrestling was involved.

Good to hear from you Dwight! Care to share why Stern chose to not make muppets?

#12387 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Yes! Love hearing that Dwight. Passion from the design team shines through.
Grew up with Toho Godzilla. LE all the way here.

#12388 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

I’m a paid stern insider. I feel like I should have gotten tickets to watch the mud wrestling.

#12389 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Pinside top post of the day!

#12390 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Speaking of licenses, what happened with the Star Wars Midnight Madness that was pulled after debuting? Was it a licensor restriction that caused it to be pulled?

#12391 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Nice ! Wonderful. Godzilla is worth wrestling over.

By the way - I hope you are teamed up with Borg on Welk.

#12392 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Yup. In the pinball route FB group it was the years top earner for people all over the country. When a game pays itself half way off in a pandemic year when my business has been 10% of normal I’ll call that a very successful pin. It also is the pin that gets me to press start more than anything else I own in the past year. Pinside trashed it but it’s a great game. It taught me to not care what pinside decides to trash or praise. R&M also aimed at my generation and we know how selling that game went. I think people forget pinside isn’t the whole pinball community.

It teaches me not to care how well a game earns in relation to what games I would want to own.

#12393 3 years ago

I know it’s a joke, but why does everybody keep talking about a Lawrence Welk pin? It it a code for something I don’t know about?

#12394 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I know it’s a joke, but why does everybody keep talking about a Lawrence Welk pin? It it a code for something I don’t know about?

No. It’s people trying to be funny referencing the most obvious theme a company wouldn’t select.

#12395 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

No. It’s people trying to be funny referencing the most obvious theme a company wouldn’t select.

So, Schindler's List. Or, maybe Sophie's Choice.

#12396 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You make me sad.

#12397 3 years ago
the-great-godzilla-off-kanagawa-prints (resized).jpgthe-great-godzilla-off-kanagawa-prints (resized).jpg
#12398 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

to do Godzilla

#12399 3 years ago

Rumor is Stern is doing a Golden Girls Pinball next.

Betty White is voice overs!

Should be a blast!

#12400 3 years ago

Wonder what Stern would charge if someone had unlimited funds to make their dream theme. Not Welk of course but something that Stern would sell tons after creating number 1 for that person. Would it be a crazy number to do it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sarasota, FL
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet Parts
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Gatos, CA
$ 19.99
Playfield - Other
FlipMods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/248?hl=greenandwhite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.