vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 247 of 941.
#12301 3 years ago

BTTF will probably be my last LE, unless they do a Grateful Dead pin. If Kapow does it wow that would be a bummer. Who the hell wants to pay $16,000 for an LE? Can't stand over inflated price gouging. May hold onto hope that it is not the Kapow pricing structure-straight to the jaw-ouch!

#12302 3 years ago

I really would like for the LZ-pin to be a little more narrow regarding the history/theme of the band, sticking to one album/event and/or tour (like someone earlier suggested regarding VH tour of 1981). I generally think Stern is to focused on the broad spectre and the quest of fulfilling "everyones needs" when making theese rock-themed pins. I do admit it would be really really hard to make a music pin that every fan would appreciate but i really think that if you get the narrowed theme right it has a good chance of become a new classic.

The LE-version is really ugly and not at all LZ to me. The first and 3rd album makes great sideart! The blue sh*t on the LE version is far from good looking. JMHO.

#12303 3 years ago

Phish would be a day 1 LE for me if they did a similar concert experience like JJP did with GNR. Man their light shows are tops in the live music industry.

#12304 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The life you seek is one click away

Hopefully it also stops his incessant pm's. He has been messaging me with rants even going so far as to invovle my family. Nice guy. Not Kaneda though.....right

#12305 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Hopefully it also stops his incessant pm's. He has been messaging me with rants even going so far as to invovle my family. Nice guy. Not Kaneda though.....right

Yeah it stops those too if you delete prior pm strings.

#12306 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Did you not call me an attention whore on this thread....and yet, feel the need to constantly post drama trying to fish me in and respond to it. You won, you fished me to respond to your ignorance on a Stern thread. Here it is, your obsession with me is very weird, I haven't responded to your constant slander, I don't even respond to you at all in forums, yet you keep holding a big sign saying look at me BallPin look at me, I'm making fun of you, please respond back. I don't get it, but if that's the adrenaline you seek, then carry on. Going forward, any other personal attacks towards me will fall on deaf ears, as I won't be able to read any of your insightful posts.

Edit:
Somehow you managed to add one more personal attack on your way out. Just so everyone knows what I'm dealing with.

Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 1.18.47 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-12-17 at 1.18.47 AM (resized).png
#12307 3 years ago

People on your ignore list not being able to PM you is one of the best parts about the feature. Just apply it whenever you're sick of someone and you'll notice you enjoy Pinside a lot more. I've got 52 people on ignore and I regret nothing.

I honestly wish more people would use it, because then they'd stop replying to the dumb posts, and we'd all benefit from the lower noise. And hey, if you have me on ignore and can't see this post that's cool too, everyone comes out ahead. I won't even know or care, and it makes your life better to not read my screeds, what's not to like?

#12308 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

I have to think they added that after the hot rails in GnR, but it's good to see Stern saw that implemented it.

you don't know your pinball history - Stern did cabinet side illumination in SR's 2013 Star Trek LE, followed by Spooky's 2014 release of Americas most haunted, then pin stadiums. JJP expanded on it in GNR (way too much in my opinion - i don't want to be blinded while playing, but thats just me).

#12309 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

you don't know your pinball history - Stern did cabinet side illumination in SR's 2013 Star Trek LE, followed by Spooky's 2014 release of Americas most haunted, then pin stadiums. JJP expanded on it in GNR (way too much in my opinion - i don't want to be blinded while playing, but thats just me).

You are correct, I'm fairly new to the hobby. Thanks for the info!

#12310 3 years ago
A9C9574A-658A-4912-91C1-03380D76DD06 (resized).jpegA9C9574A-658A-4912-91C1-03380D76DD06 (resized).jpeg
#12311 3 years ago

I don't know what that shooter knob is supposed to be, but I know I don't wanna touch it.

#12312 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

People on your ignore list not being able to PM you is one of the best parts about the feature. Just apply it whenever you're sick of someone and you'll notice you enjoy Pinside a lot more. I've got 52 people on ignore and I regret nothing.

There is a bug with that bliss, however. IF you have a prior PM contact with the now-blocked user, that PM thread can keep receiving new PMs unless you delete it from your inbox. Robin is aware of the loophole. There is no fix that I know of short of deleting any PMs from the blocked user.

#12313 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

LZ is an embarrassing release.

Wow, perfectly motivated man!

I don't like the LZ release, it just doesn't appeal. In the meanwhile I see much comments of fans who just love the 3 machines and I think that's the great thing. I wonder how it plays and will most certain spend some money once found on location. I highly doubt if it ever enters my gameroom.

Found some striking comments I'd wish to highlight:
Zeppelin is a static toy. I think this is a shame. Maybe it could have been more interactive for prem/LE.
The toy in the middle of the playfield. I think it's a nice feature and am anxious to find out how this is implemented in the gameplay.
The artwork looks like crapp. Well, it doens't appeal to me either but I am curious to the opinion of the LZ fans.

In general it baffles me how people talk to each other on pinside. Please people, be more kind and understanding to each other. We are here for the hobby, the thing that connects us. We don't have to agree on all subjects and if someone acts like a jerk just ignore that.

#12314 3 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Zeppelin is a static toy. I think this is a shame. Maybe it could have been more interactive for prem/LE.

At the very least it should have been a physical ball lock, a couple of magnets under neath it pulling balls off the wireform or something like GOT/DP ramp locks.

Kicking it up a notch it would have been brilliant if it could transport balls maybe not from one side of the playfield to the other but taking the ball from one ramp to another like a modern version of the shadow ramp diverters, something visually cool that interacts with the ball.

#12315 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Van Halen tour 1981.
America's coolest band, at their [quoted image]height.
[quoted image]

Alex and his wife stabled a horse in Florida next to my daughter’s last winter. My wife about died when they moved their horse in as she grew up a big fan. She was cool though, and said he was a real nice guy but deaf as a stone. The owners of the barn had a room set up for him with an electric drum kit so he could pass the time while his wife rode.

#12316 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Alex and his wife stabled a horse in Florida next to my daughter’s last winter.

I first read that as stabbed... really changed the direction of your post!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12317 3 years ago

So any credible rumors of what’s next. Ballpin didn’t think LZ was next so whatever he saw pictures of is assuredly next up.

#12318 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

So any credible rumors of what’s next. Ballpin didn’t think LZ was next so whatever he saw pictures of is assuredly next up.

The problem is he is not exactly sure what he saw or heard!

Now a guess is probably more like it.

My guess is Godzilla

#12319 3 years ago

I like your guess. I think we see it before Welk.

#12320 3 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Wow, perfectly motivated man!
I don't like the LZ release, it just doesn't appeal. In the meanwhile I see much comments of fans who just love the 3 machines and I think that's the great thing. I wonder how it plays and will most certain spend some money once found on location. I highly doubt if it ever enters my gameroom.
Found some striking comments I'd wish to highlight:
The toy in the middle of the playfield. I think it's a nice feature and am anxious to find out how this is implemented in the gameplay.
The artwork looks like crapp. Well, it doens't appeal to me either but I am curious to the opinion of the LZ fans.
In general it baffles me how people talk to each other on pinside. Please people, be more kind and understanding to each other. We are here for the hobby, the thing that connects us. We don't have to agree on all subjects and if someone acts like a jerk just ignore that.

LZ is a must buy for everyone. They hit a homerun with everything. So many awesome mechanisms. Jam packed excitement.

#12321 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

The problem is he is not exactly sure what he saw or heard!
Now a guess is probably more like it.
My guess is Godzilla

Go back and read the clues in his post guys. It’s all there.

#12322 3 years ago

Is Brian Eddy still at Stern? Seems like he’d be up to bat this early spring.

Please make a modern Shadow!

#12323 3 years ago

I think Brian is up next too. That or another Kapow. And maybe he’s working on that.

#12324 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Is Brian Eddy still at Stern? Seems like he’d be up to bat this early spring.

Please make a modern Shadow!

Seems like after all his time away from pinball he might have some fresh ideas? Though Id prefer he rehashed Shadow instead of AFM for the 4th time.

#12325 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Seems like after all his time away from pinball he might have some fresh ideas?

I don’t think that’s fair. Although stranger things is a fan layout, the demogorgon ramp and toy, magnet lock and projector are all fresh ideas. They didn’t go over well at all, but they are definitely fresh ideas.

#12326 3 years ago

The projector thing is great. Stern needs to try it again. Dynamic art on targets is super neat

How about some little OLED screens as inserts?

#12327 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t think that’s fair. Although stranger things is a fan layout, the demogorgon ramp and toy, magnet lock and projector are all fresh ideas. They didn’t go over well at all, but they are definitely fresh ideas.

After playing an LE, think we didn’t give it a fair chance. Very fun playing game! Really liked playing it and the “upside down” is a new pinball experience. The artwork is the only so so part imo.

#12328 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

LZ is a must buy for everyone. They hit a homerun with everything. So many awesome mechanisms. Jam packed excitement.

Bit of a bold reaction in my opinion. I will wait until I played it untill I form a more founded opinion on that matter.

#12329 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Jaws.

Even more blue and fins on the blimp.

#12330 3 years ago

Bring on Jaws! With the type of artwork that's on Aerosmith.

#12331 3 years ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Jaws...yes but not that artwork please.

#12332 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Absolutely. I should have been more clear, I was ONLY speaking about the layout. But you make a great point.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12333 3 years ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Anything! but no more comic-bs-lazy-crap just to do it fast

#12334 3 years ago

Want Back to the Future 35th anniversary next. Will do an LE on that one for sure. Wish they would do Harry Potter but will never happen.

#12335 3 years ago

Just listened to Led Zeppelin Panel discussion on Stern site. They said that the code name for LZ was "Ranger." It intentionally had nothing to do with the game.

#12336 3 years ago

RUSH x Elwin?! Anyone else see that in the Led Zep chat?!

#12337 3 years ago

RUSH 2112 x ELWIN IS THE HOME RUN EVERYONE IS WAITING FOR. Borntolose

#12338 3 years ago
Quoted from Borntolose:

RUSH x Elwin?! Anyone else see that in the Led Zep chat?!

Please tell me more...

#12339 3 years ago

I think more people were hyped on rush when i was streaming led zepplin

#12340 3 years ago

Just in time for the last day of Hanukkah!

6E6837BA-B89F-43DC-BC1F-58497F4DA81A (resized).png6E6837BA-B89F-43DC-BC1F-58497F4DA81A (resized).pngC66B48D9-120F-484F-85F6-576031B3092E.gifC66B48D9-120F-484F-85F6-576031B3092E.gif
#12341 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think Brian is up next too. That or another Kapow. And maybe he’s working on that.

Kapow or special releases seem to be an October release. I am hoping for a BTTF this October with Lyman on code. This give me enough time to save up.

I would also like to re-iterate my desire for Die Hard. If you can do a commercial based on this theme with Bruce Willis, I would imagine a pin license is attainable.

#12342 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I like your guess. I think we see it before Welk.

This is the first I have heard about a planned Lawrence Welk Show pinball machine. I saw a few reruns of that show when I was a kid, but I didn't care much for it.

#12343 3 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

I saw a few reruns of that show when I was a kid, but I didn't care much for it.

That’s crazy talk.

#12344 3 years ago

Seems like stern has about 2 yrs between music pins tho, isn't that about right? I could be wrong,,,

#12345 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Seems like stern has about 2 yrs between music pins tho, isn't that about right? I could be wrong,,,

Heavy Metal came out a month ago, not sure if that counts.

#12346 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

It doesn’t. Not a stern game. Contract game.

#12347 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

BTTF will probably be my last LE, unless they do a Grateful Dead pin.

Here is an interesting idea! Would love to see how The Dead would be integrated. Not the right music for an adrenaline rush, but who knows?
(Sorry for being off-topic)

Back to Led Zep: not interested, and not impressed by the game so far.
But I hope to play it somewhere / some day and change my mind...

#12348 3 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

This is the first I have heard about a planned Lawrence Welk Show pinball machine. I saw a few reruns of that show when I was a kid, but I didn't care much for it.

Quoted from skink91:

That’s crazy talk.

It grows on you.

cpr9999 thinks Godzilla might be next. I think that's a good wager, and yeah, I think we see it before Welk.
Nothing crazy about that.

#12349 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Good call. It barely counts as a pin.LOL

#12350 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Nothing crazy about that.

He said he did NOT enjoy Lawrence Welk? IMVHO that is crazy talk... such crazy talk... the craziest crazy talk.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
BomberMods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 27.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.95
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 47,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 247 of 941.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/247?hl=iceman66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.