Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 246 of 938.
#12251 3 years ago

So... Lawrence Welk is next?

#12252 3 years ago

A lot of mix feelings if you read pinside.
Jjp is laughing his socks off.

#12253 3 years ago

Having seen Led Zepp art, I pray Stern never has the balls to even attempt Rammstein. Better for Spooky, AP or JJP

Quoted from RA77:

Rammstein would be amazing !
Hardcore and epic , Pinball emotion and elation at all time high.
I want a game with deep/engaging, immersive vision and audio, no soft baby shit happy happy joy joy,
That's is why Megadeth is another great choice for a music pin.
While we are here lets boycott that ripp off Viagogo shit, Man What a Scam that crap is ![quoted image][quoted image]

#12254 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

So... Lawrence Welk is next?

I'm thinking the artwork might be better.

Probably not next in the que though. Be patient.

#12255 3 years ago

Pro all in
PIF

#12256 3 years ago

Got to be better than stinking Munsters

#12257 3 years ago

uh...I think I will just play this on location.

#12258 3 years ago

Sorry to say it but GNR looks leaps and bounds beyond Zeppelin.

#12259 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

JJP always "looks" leaps and bounds better than Stern. But Stern is about the fast gameplay and licenses. GnR is way, way out front in the fit and finish department. Zep should still be fun to shoot.

#12260 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

JJP always "looks" leaps and bounds better than Stern. But Stern is about the fast gameplay and licenses. GnR is way, way out front in the fit and finish department. Zep should still be fun to shoot.

That's why I bought both

#12261 3 years ago

I get that we are all let down by the playfield but it's friggin Zeppelin guys.

Jump in the waters warm.

#12262 3 years ago

I stated a few pages back it would be another Rolling Stones pinball and I got tons of hates.

Ummm

Was I correct?

Bought it anyway.
Love the Pro cabinet its amazing.

#12263 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Quoted from Goronic:

He meant Data East GNR looks better than Led Zepplin

#12264 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

He meant Data East GNR looks better than Led Zepplin

This is very true

#12265 3 years ago

Chaka play nice

#12266 3 years ago

I hope the hardcore LZ fans are happy with the pin. I'm a causal listener, and I'm not impressed with the layout and art, so it's a no for me, but can see the appeal for fans of the band. Congrats on getting a Led pin!! I feel a big miss was not using the Zeppelin blimp correctly. There was not a real creative use of the Zeppelin, it's just a sculpt sitting there, doing nothing. Should've been interactive in some way. I really hope Stern doesn't have BTTF, as its my dream theme, and if they shit on it like they did on Zeppelin, I'll be pissed. Some cool things they did with this pin was 3 completely different art packages, even though all 3 were low effort, entry level graphic design, maybe even high school kid could come up with that, but I applaud them for 3 completely different packages. Also like the pinstadium lights. I have to think they added that after the hot rails in GnR, but it's good to see Stern saw that implemented it. Wonder if GnR also influenced the 3 different art packages and maybe that's why we have a rushed design. I felt like the Icarus sculpt on a pogo stick was good idea, but they should of implemented another one to create balance, like they did with the gargoyles in Elvira. The pop up mechanism was nice....and then it reveals a spinner....a spinner. They could of done much more with that...even if the Zeppelin popped up and it was a spinning bash toy. Personally, I would put the "Old Hermit" as a toy that pops up from under the playfield and hit him like 5 times to light his lantern. John Bonhems drums should of been the pops instead of Icarus. Where the Zeppelin blimp was, I would put be the double neck guitar and find a way for the ball to travel between the two necks. Finally original psychedelic artwork would have been much better, or even commission the artist who did the mothership album to do the playfield artwork or cabinet. Stern did such a great job with Iron Madien, it's a shame that visually they dropped the ball on Led Zeppelin.

#12267 3 years ago

Listen, now that we've got that stinker led zep out of the way, can we get back to speculating about Jaws? Jaws.

Jaws? Jaws.
Jaws jaws jaws.

Then once that stinker is out of the way, can we get back to talking about the real prize, Hert Albert & The Tijuana Brass Save The Universe?

#12268 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

4. 4 ramps in all models… a lot for a standard body

Not on the PRO.

#12269 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

I hope the hardcore LZ fans are happy with the pin. I'm a causal listener, and I'm not impressed with the layout and art, so it's a no for me, but can see the appeal for fans of the band. Congrats on getting a Led pin!! I feel a big miss was not using the Zeppelin blimp correctly. There was not a real creative use of the Zeppelin, it's just a sculpt sitting there, doing nothing. Should've been interactive in some way. I really hope Stern doesn't have BTTF, as its my dream theme, and if they shit on it like they did on Zeppelin, I'll be pissed. Some cool things they did with this pin was 3 completely different art packages, even though all 3 were low effort, entry level graphic design, maybe even high school kid could come up with that, but I applaud them for 3 completely different packages. Also like the pinstadium lights. I have to think they added that after the hot rails in GnR, but it's good to see Stern saw that implemented it. Wonder if GnR also influenced the 3 different art packages and maybe that's why we have a rushed design. I felt like the Icarus sculpt on a pogo stick was good idea, but they should of implemented another one to create balance, like they did with the gargoyles in Elvira. The pop up mechanism was nice....and then it reveals a spinner....a spinner. They could of done much more with that...even if the Zeppelin popped up and it was a spinning bash toy. Personally, I would put the "Old Hermit" as a toy that pops up from under the playfield and hit him like 5 times to light his lantern. John Bonhems drums should of been the pops instead of Icarus. Where the Zeppelin blimp was, I would put be the double neck guitar and find a way for the ball to travel between the two necks. Finally original psychedelic artwork would have been much better, or even commission the artist who did the mothership album to do the playfield artwork or cabinet. Stern did such a great job with Iron Madien, it's a shame that visually they dropped the ball on Led Zeppelin.

Is it true? Are you Kaneda?

#12270 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Is it true? Are you Kaneda?

I'm sure this question would have been better asked in a private message. But to be clear, no I am not. If you would like to speak with him, I'm sure there are other outlets where you can reach him, however, I don't think pinside is one of them.

#12271 3 years ago

Glad LZ fans got a pin!

That said, shocked at what my eyes see.
Hoping this is a pin in which we are all surprised on how well it plays when we hit the start button.....otherwise.......
FDA323B3-8EAE-402B-B2A5-0937A0CB3436 (resized).jpegFDA323B3-8EAE-402B-B2A5-0937A0CB3436 (resized).jpeg

050A4E22-BAB5-40D3-9202-C94606888C50.gif050A4E22-BAB5-40D3-9202-C94606888C50.gif
#12272 3 years ago

063B04E6-AF76-4EEA-B9E5-31128EFD2C7D (resized).png063B04E6-AF76-4EEA-B9E5-31128EFD2C7D (resized).png

Neil peart spinning drum kit

Drum solo multi ball

Roll the bones multi ball

One little victory multi ball

Lime light bonus

Tons of characters to incorporate

Huge music catalog

#12273 3 years ago

Van Halen tour 1981.
America's coolest band, at their van-halen-logo (resized).jpgvan-halen-logo (resized).jpgheight.

Van Halen.1978 instore.groupshot.12-11 (resized).jpgVan Halen.1978 instore.groupshot.12-11 (resized).jpg
#12274 3 years ago

Patiently waiting for:
BLACK SABBATH!

#12275 3 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Patiently waiting for:
BLACK SABBATH!

You’ll be waiting a while. As in infinity.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12276 3 years ago

Mad Max 1 and 2, or Fury Road.

#12277 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You’ll be waiting a while. As in infinity.

Thanks for your votes of confidence Kermit

#12278 3 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Thanks for your votes of confidence Kermit

Just tempering expectations. Keeping it real.

#12279 3 years ago

How about Hellboy for the next superhero pin (you know there will be an annual superhero pin eh)

images (4) (resized).jpegimages (4) (resized).jpeg
#12280 3 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

How about Hellboy for the next superhero pin (you know there will be an annual superhero pin eh)[quoted image]

First Hellboy movie would make an awesome pin. Golden Army? Um, pass.

And that "hard for the grownups" reboot Hellboy atrocity that came out last? Nuh, uh, no way.

I would prefer one based on the first movie not the comic. I'm getting a little comic-ed out.

#12281 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

“I'm not impressed with the layout and art, so it's a no for me”

Let’s face it Kaneda, you’re not going to like any layout Stern or Spooky does. We all know only JJP is to your liking.

Quoted from BallPin:

“I really hope Stern doesn't have BTTF, as its my dream theme, and if they shit on it like they did on Zeppelin..”

More underhanded negative comments from Kaneda about a well known Stern rumor remaking BTTF. It is an old license they made before and they’ll do it again, only much better this time around.

Quoted from BallPin:

... art packages, even though all 3 were low effort, entry level graphic design, maybe even high school kid could come up with that, but I applaud them for 3 completely different packages.

This was the artwork on their albums from 50 years ago. After hearing your comments on LZ artwork, have to agree.

Quoted from BallPin:

Also like the pinstadium lights. I have to think they added that after the hot rails in GnR, but it's good to see Stern saw that implemented it. Wonder if GnR also influenced the 3 different art packages and maybe that's why we have a rushed design.

SR has been in the pinball business way longer than anyone, other than Gary. Do you really think he stole his art blade LED idea from JJP? If that is the case, then JJP stole their hot rail idea from Pinstadium, by just turning the LED bar up, instead of down.

#12282 3 years ago

Yeah Tim said the first thing he was doing when Covid started was light shows to the music because he didn’t have physical game to work on from home. Those lights were part of the design almost a year ago.

#12283 3 years ago

I don't usually say much about reveals or art

I figure if it's your thing you'll buy it

But having seen all 3 art packages(just that not going into anything else)

Massive fail and Led Zeppelin deserves MUCH Better

Really hoping for BTTF in 21

#12284 3 years ago

Liking the sound of the rules on Zep.

Getting gold records and then going for platinum, with high risk/reward of building up huge multipliers.

I think the pro is going to be a real good player.

To complete the set, there are 50 minutes of songs, which is too long for most people to achieve.

Tim has said he might adjust, so short cuts might or some kind of SOS ruleset might do the trick.

Hope the call outs are good.

And pretty good there is concert footage from the actual concerts on the playfield.

#12285 3 years ago

King Kong

#12286 3 years ago

Edited.

Can we get ballpin the f out here? Like a misquito in your ear that guy

#12287 3 years ago

It looks like Steve Ritchie and the team phoned this one in. Such a missed opportunity. It looks to be a bare and uninspired playfield. Lacking in theme integration. Let’s hope looks can be deceiving.

#12288 3 years ago

Ok, so someone must have actual intel on what’s next? Most believayive heard so far is Godzilla?

#12289 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Edited.
Can we get ballpin the f out here? Like a misquito in your ear that guy

The life you seek is one click away

#12290 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ok, so someone must have actual intel on what’s next? Most believayive heard so far is Godzilla?

I’ve heard a couple times now that BTTF is next. Nothing concrete though. They’ve been right before thats all I’ll say.

#12291 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve heard a couple times now that BTTF is next. Nothing concrete though. They’ve been right before thats all I’ll say.

Kapow?

#12292 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Mad Max 1 and 2, or Fury Road.

Fury road is perfect for pinball.
Just make one ramp and one shot that returns to the same flipper and the game is done and totally identical to the movie.

#12293 3 years ago

LZ is an embarrassing release.

#12294 3 years ago

Yeah. So I probably won’t get one. Haha

#12295 3 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

It looks like Steve Ritchie and the team phoned this one in. Such a missed opportunity. It looks to be a bare and uninspired playfield. Lacking in theme integration. Let’s hope looks can be deceiving.

I bet this game shoots great. I think the license was very restrictive on the assets they could use. Why else would the Icarus be on the LE game 7 times?

#12296 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Interesting. But have they also been wrong before? That conflicts with the "highly unlikely" comment from mnpinball .

#12297 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I bet this game shoots great. I think the license was very restrictive on the assets they could use. Why else would the Icarus be on the LE game 7 times?

If that is the case, they honestly shouldn´t do the pin at all.

We have a few very recent example what great it does for the theme and integration when the license is coperative and even willing to do call outs etc.
GNR and R&M really shines theme and theme integration wise.

Having licensor and pincreator really enthusiastic about the project shines thru.

#12298 3 years ago

Looks like there is a lot of hate for the new Zeppelin pin. Now we have the rock pin released Stern can focus on Godzilla the king of monsters pin with Kieth and Yetti.

#12299 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Interesting. But have they also been wrong before? That conflicts with the "highly unlikely" comment from mnpinball .

Everybody’s wrong from time to time.

#12300 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

If that is the case, they honestly shouldn´t do the pin at all.

Wat? This is a terrible idea. Any pin is always better than no pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 246 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/246?hl=crazypinballguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.